BRN Discussion Ongoing

JoMo68

Regular
Afternoon Hop ,

Well i just read the AGM voting points , together with the accompanying notes .... absolutely pissed myself laughing then VOTED.

Recommend everyone have a thorough read , followed by a bloody good ponder.

Regards,
Esq.
I’ve certainly voted yes to everything, except the spill (item 9). I believe a second strike and spill would be an absolute disaster for the company and the momentum going on behind the scenes. Potential customers might think again and our credibility would be tarnished. It certainly wouldn’t help those complaining about how slowly things are going - quite the opposite I would think. My 5 cents worth anyway…

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Hi Hop ,

Agree with what you have said.

Early voting can give the board a feel from the investors perspective , and hence withdraw or amend the points to be voted on before the AGM , if they so choose.

Additionally shareholders can amend their early vote , online , if something should happen prior to the AGM .

Everyone has different time horizons , and i feel for those that have been waiting , years , with baited breath .

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi Hop ,

Early voting can give the board a feel from the investors perspective , and hence withdraw or amend the points to be voted on before the AGM , if they so choose.

Additionally shareholders can amend their early vote , online , if something should happen prior to the AGM .

Everyone has different time horizons , and i feel for those that have been waiting , years , with baited breath .

Regards,
Esq.
Wow, thanks Esq for that info.
Having only ever voted in person at the meetings I had no idea that shareholders could amend an early vote online.
Interesting........I wonder if our BOD avails themselves of this info?

As for time horizons, mine have definitely been uncomfortably stretched, but, with a bit more time in the market now and experiencing the rough and tumble of it all, would have to admit to them being naively short, initially.
I had the experience of early success which has perhaps coloured my expectational viewpoint unrealistically.
I have often had to learn "the hard way". 🤣

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Sosimple

Regular
Hi SS,

Looks like Tianjic uses analog NN for audio. It also uses CNN (MAC-based) for video and something else for control.

A hybrid and scalable brain-inspired robotic platform | Scientific Reports (nature.com)

View attachment 61361

For each module, we opened independent data paths, which were distinct in information representation, frequency and throughput. In the visual module, each frame of video was resized to a 70 × 70 gray image and fed into a CNN as multi-bit values, enabling rich environmental spatial information to be maintained with limited computing resources (Fig. 3a). In contrast, the raw audio stream was transformed into binary spike trains in the auditory module. After end-point detection32,33, the key frequency features were obtained by taking the Mel Frequency Cepstral Coefficient (MFCC)34. A Gaussian population35 was used to encode each MFCC feature into spike trains as input to a three-layer fully-connected SNN (Fig. 3b). For motion control, sequential signals were first generated by functional cores to merge with the steering commands from other modules as the comprehensive target angle. Data from all sensors were then integrated via the MLP network for angle control (Fig. 3d). The designs and training of each network-based module are described in the Methods.

Tianjic uses different technologies to handle visual and audio. Akida can handle both.

They use 1-bit analog for audio which is very efficient but not so hot on accuracy. Akida can do 1-bit up to 8-bit inputs (256 values).

View attachment 61363

Tianjic needs a separate FPGA for pre-processing input signals. Akida has built-in preprocessing.

So, competition? - Yes.

Worried? - No,
Thanks Diogenes, your input is of great value to me and many others.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

7für7

Regular
It's all good friend.
I appreciate the cross pollination that happens here when different cultures, skill sets compulsions and languages mix and blend.
It's groovy. 🤣
I saw the movie several times but I guess I didn’t catch it Because it was synchronised in German language. 🙂↕️

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

CHIPS

Regular
Good morning Dingo....

Sometimes it's hard to see past the forest because of all those trees !

Robot Ken is simply telling us that he's in France, most likely, Toulouse, where our brilliant software team has been working really
hard on his software makeup, as we all know the fastest process is the hardware phase, whereas the software is the much slower,
time consuming phase, the hint is, whom are we working in with in the robotics world.

But as usual, that's just my view...

Brain Mind GIF by University of California

Oh true, I forgot. Toulouse where Airbus is situated.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

CHIPS

Regular
Whilst I’ve never been much of a fan of Ken the robot personally, there is a lot of hype around humanoid automatons in general.
They have a deep and rich place in our psyche and pander somewhat to our anthropocentric view of the world.
I hope that “if” this is a stratagem to introduce and popularise AKIDA 2 or even 3 that it's not too childlike and dumbed down.
In competition with the likes of Boston Dynamics that video doesn't cut the mustard in either messaging or production value in my opinion.

And just what is in the packaged item on the table here??
An edge box??
View attachment 61351

Looks like wet wipes to me.
I find this all very exciting. They let us guess what is happening here.
I think that something big is coming up.

Excited Arrested Development GIF

Excited Coffee GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Looks like wet wipes to me.
I find this all very exciting. They let us guess what is happening here.
I think that something big is coming up.

Excited Arrested Development GIF

Excited Coffee GIF
I will let you read on and not spoil the big surprise. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

CHIPS

Regular
  • Haha
Hi Hop ,

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hi Hop ,

Regards,
Esq.
I’m going to hold off for now voting, just incase the company can change my mind beforehand.

1713864237941.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
@Diogenese,
This recent patents from Syntiant using co neuromorphic processor, is it anything of interest here?

Abstract

Provided herein is an integrated circuit including, in some embodiments, a special-purpose host processor, a neuromorphic co-processor, and a communications interface between the host processor and the co-processor configured to transmit information therebetween. The special-purpose host processor can be operable as a stand-alone processor. The neuromorphic co-processor may include an artificial neural network. The co-processor is configured to enhance special-purpose processing of the host processor through an artificial neural network. In such embodiments, the host processor is a pattern identifier processor configured to transmit one or more detected patterns to the co-processor over a communications interface. The co-processor is configured to transmit the recognized patterns to the host processor.

And the new release NDP250.

Moving Vision AI from the Cloud to the Device

The NDP250 has advanced image capabilities and is ideal for ultra-low power video applications for automotive security, battery-powered cameras and video doorbells. Running powerful always-on image recognition at under 30mW has several advantages, including:

A significant reduction in power consumption by processing data locally on devices, thereby extending battery life and enabling efficient resource utilization.

Lower latency since data doesn't need to travel back and forth to a remote server, resulting in faster response times crucial for real-time applications and greatly increases customer satisfaction.

Enhanced privacy by processing sensitive data locally, minimizing the need to transmit information over networks where it could be vulnerable to breaches or interception.

A notable reduction in cloud costs, sometimes as high as 90%, since less data needs to be transferred and processed in the cloud, leading to lower infrastructure expenses for businesses deploying edge AI solutions.

Equipped with an Arm Cortex M0 processor and a HiFi 3 DSP to support feature extraction and signal processing for image and voice enhancements, the NDP250’s integrated power management unit allows single power rail operation, where the integrated phase-locked Loop (PLL) provides further system cost and size optimization.

With the ability to process multiple heterogenous networks concurrently, the NDP250 also supports convolution neural networks including 1D, 2D and depth-wise, fully connected networks, and recurrent neural networks including LSTM (long short-term memory) and GRU (gated recurrent unit).

Other key features include:

Syntiant Core 3 neural network

Supports more than 6M neural parameters (in 8-bit mode)

Hardware acceleration over 30 GOPS

Dual 11-wire direct image interface

Dual PDM digital microphone interface

I2S serial interface with PCM

Quad-SPI and dual-I2C controller and target for multi-modal sensor fusion

Up to 120MHz internal operating frequency

Low power PLL for flexible clock input

Software Development Kit

Training Development Kit

120-ball 6.1mm x 5.1mm eWLB package (0.5mm pitch)

The NDP250 is sampling now.

Syntiant will be demonstrating the NDP250 and various hardware-agnostic deep learning vison models at Embedded World 2024 (Hall 2 - Booth 2-338), April 9-11 in Nuremberg, Germany. Contact info@syntiant.com to arrange a meeting or demo at Embedded World.

Anything to see here?

Learning 🪴

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Guzzi62

Regular
@Diogenese,
This recent patents from Syntiant using co neuromorphic processor, is it anything of interest here?

Abstract

Provided herein is an integrated circuit including, in some embodiments, a special-purpose host processor, a neuromorphic co-processor, and a communications interface between the host processor and the co-processor configured to transmit information therebetween. The special-purpose host processor can be operable as a stand-alone processor. The neuromorphic co-processor may include an artificial neural network. The co-processor is configured to enhance special-purpose processing of the host processor through an artificial neural network. In such embodiments, the host processor is a pattern identifier processor configured to transmit one or more detected patterns to the co-processor over a communications interface. The co-processor is configured to transmit the recognized patterns to the host processor.

The NDP250 has advanced image capabilities and is ideal for ultra-low power video applications for automotive security, battery-powered cameras and video doorbells. Running powerful always-on image recognition at under 30mW has several advantages, including:

A significant reduction in power consumption by processing data locally on devices, thereby extending battery life and enabling efficient resource utilization.

Lower latency since data doesn't need to travel back and forth to a remote server, resulting in faster response times crucial for real-time applications and greatly increases customer satisfaction.

Enhanced privacy by processing sensitive data locally, minimizing the need to transmit information over networks where it could be vulnerable to breaches or interception.

A notable reduction in cloud costs, sometimes as high as 90%, since less data needs to be transferred and processed in the cloud, leading to lower infrastructure expenses for businesses deploying edge AI solutions.

Equipped with an Arm Cortex M0 processor and a HiFi 3 DSP to support feature extraction and signal processing for image and voice enhancements, the NDP250’s integrated power management unit allows single power rail operation, where the integrated phase-locked Loop (PLL) provides further system cost and size optimization.

With the ability to process multiple heterogenous networks concurrently, the NDP250 also supports convolution neural networks including 1D, 2D and depth-wise, fully connected networks, and recurrent neural networks including LSTM (long short-term memory) and GRU (gated recurrent unit).

Software Development Kit

Training Development Kit

Syntiant will be demonstrating the NDP250 and various hardware-agnostic deep learning vison models at Embedded World 2024 (Hall 2 - Booth 2-338), April 9-11 in Nuremberg, Germany. Contact info@syntiant.com to arrange a meeting or demo at Embedded World.

Anything to see here?

Learning 🪴
They surely seems to be a competitor (unless they are using Alkida).

Quote:

A New Kind of Processor for Deep Learning​

Our Neural Decision Processors™ enable customers to quickly and easily deploy deep-learning models on power-constrained devices that previously ran on cloud servers.
| Provide 100x the efficiency and 10/30x higher throughput when compared to existing low-power MCUs.
| At-memory compute greatly reduces power consumption and latency by eliminating any unnecessary data movement.
| Specially designed to run deep-learning models, directly processing neural network layers achieving unprecedented levels of efficiency, often greater than 80%.
| Multi-generational product offerings provide scalability for any edge workload.

They seems to be selling a lot we are involved in, which is quite worrying.

They already have mass production of different sensors as per link below, and no, I don't think you have to pay 1 Mill$ to get hold of them.

They also sells evaluation kits from Renesas and others for under 100$ a pop.

I really hope we are involved here.

Partners:

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

rgupta

Regular
They surely seems to be a competitor (unless they are using Alkida).

Quote:

A New Kind of Processor for Deep Learning​

Our Neural Decision Processors™ enable customers to quickly and easily deploy deep-learning models on power-constrained devices that previously ran on cloud servers.
| Provide 100x the efficiency and 10/30x higher throughput when compared to existing low-power MCUs.
| At-memory compute greatly reduces power consumption and latency by eliminating any unnecessary data movement.
| Specially designed to run deep-learning models, directly processing neural network layers achieving unprecedented levels of efficiency, often greater than 80%.
| Multi-generational product offerings provide scalability for any edge workload.

They seems to be selling a lot we are involved in, which is quite worrying.

They already have mass production of different sensors as per link below, and no, I don't think you have to pay 1 Mill$ to get hold of them.

They also sells evaluation kits from Renesas and others for under 100$ a pop.

I really hope we are involved here.

Partners:

Looks a good competitor look at their partner lists
Edge impulse, audrino, Bosch, renasas etc.
So let us wait and watch.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Geoffrey Hinton on how GenAI ate the world:

@Diogenese,

Abstract

Software Development Kit

Training Development Kit

Anything to see here?

Learning 🪴
Syntiant are very analoggy:

1713869666912.png

• [0029] FIG. 2 provides a schematic illustrating an exemplary embodiment of an analog multiplier array in accordance with some embodiments;
  • [0030] FIG. 3 provides a schematic illustrating an exemplary embodiment of an analog multiplier array in accordance with some embodiments;

0051] Referring now to FIG. 2 , a schematic illustrating an analog multiplier array 200 is provided in accordance with some embodiments. Such an analog multiplier array can be based on a digital NOR flash array in that a core of the analog multiplier array can be similar to a core of the digital NOR flash array or the same as a core of the digital NOR flash array. That said, at least select and read-out circuitry of the analog multiplier array are different than a digital NOR array. For example, output current is routed as an analog signal to a next layer rather than over bit lines going to a sense-amp/comparator to be converted to a bit. Word-line analogs are driven by analog input signals rather than a digital address decoder. Furthermore, the analog multiplier array 200 can be used in neuromorphic ICs such as the neuromorphic IC 102. For example, a neural network can be disposed in the analog multiplier array 200 in a memory sector of a neuromorphic IC.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

View attachment 61391

• [0029] FIG. 2 provides a schematic illustrating an exemplary embodiment of an analog multiplier array in accordance with some embodiments;
  • [0030] FIG. 3 provides a schematic illustrating an exemplary embodiment of an analog multiplier array in accordance with some embodiments;

0051] Referring now to FIG. 2 , a schematic illustrating an analog multiplier array 200 is provided in accordance with some embodiments. Such an analog multiplier array can be based on a digital NOR flash array in that a core of the analog multiplier array can be similar to a core of the digital NOR flash array or the same as a core of the digital NOR flash array. That said, at least select and read-out circuitry of the analog multiplier array are different than a digital NOR array. For example, output current is routed as an analog signal to a next layer rather than over bit lines going to a sense-amp/comparator to be converted to a bit. Word-line analogs are driven by analog input signals rather than a digital address decoder. Furthermore, the analog multiplier array 200 can be used in neuromorphic ICs such as the neuromorphic IC 102. For example, a neural network can be disposed in the analog multiplier array 200 in a memory sector of a neuromorphic IC.

Thanks Dio.

Learning 🪴

Reactions: 7 users

Guzzi62

Regular

View attachment 61391

Sadly most seems to be fine using Analog.

If it's cheap/easy to implement and low on power, why using anything else?

If we are not getting any IP deals this year, it's game over I believe and Brainchip will remain a small company forever until someone buys it cheap.

Sorry if I sound negative but Sean soon needs to pull a rabbit or two up of the hat or his strategy is a failure.

I think he is aware of that and I am for that he stays for now but if no IP deals this year, he will have to go IMHO

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Sadly most seems to be fine using Analog.

If it's cheap/easy to implement and low on power, why using anything else?

If we are not getting any IP deals this year, it's game over I believe and Brainchip will remain a small company forever until someone buys it cheap.

Sorry if I sound negative but Sean soon needs to pull a rabbit or two up of the hat or his strategy is a failure.

I think he is aware of that and I am for that he stays for now but if no IP deals this year, he will have to go IMHO
It's true that we have not seen any published details of engagements, but it may be that there are some behind the NDA wall.

The Syntiant market is PCB assemblers. There are many applications where analog will provide satisfactory performance. As we do not have a physical product in the market, we are not in that race.

Our strategy is a tougher nut to crack. We are targeting higher up the food chain - IC manufacturers - much longer lead times and higher barrier to entry. We keep hearing promising noises - they love us at the trade shows, but the lack of publicly disclosed engagements can be disheartening for us share holders.

That said, Akida is being used in the real world, albeit in niche applications.

Let's hope our end-user products, the Edge Box/server can significantly reduce our net cask outgoings soon. We should have news on the sales of these products in the near future.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users
Top Bottom