1000014547.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

TECH

Regular
Hi Tech,
I think the Accenture patent you brought to light is an Akida2 patent. The patent describes prediction as a major element in some of the use cases. Akida1 does not do prediction, I think the patent is indicative of Akida2 and the first patent that I’ve seen by one of our potential customers.

You are correct...a customer has next generation in, sounds as though Accenture's NDA door has been prized open a touch, I'm also
expecting https://www.digimarc.com/ to be revealed in the recycling (industrial) sector as well at some time, possibly later this year.

The above comments are a combination of fact and opinion.

Cheers....Tech.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Tezza

Regular
Will this mean revenue this qtr? Hope so

Reactions: 2 users

GStocks123

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Good morning all,

I wouldn't think this AI is directly referring to Akida, but related to other AI out there, but let's hope we are not been taken for a ride.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Getupthere

Regular

TECH

iOS 18 AI features are rumored to be ‘on device.’ But there's a catch.

The iPhone maker continues to focus on privacy (where it can).

By now, you've likely heard that Apple is making big moves in the AI space in order to compete with competitors like Microsoft and Google. Its upcoming M4 chipset for its Macs and MacBooks is being built for AI. And, when it comes to mobile devices, the soon-to-be-released iOS 18 is going to have a heavy focus on AI, bringing new AI-powered capabilities to your iPhone.

According to Bloomberg's Apple insider Mark Gurman, Apple is looking to continue its privacy-focused ethos with its AI products, too — at least, where it can.

"As the world awaits Apple's big AI unveiling on June 10, it looks like the initial wave of features will work entirely on device," Gurman writes in his paid Power On newsletter (first highlighted by MacRumors). "That means there's no cloud processing component to the company's large language model, the software that powers the new capabilities."

SEE ALSO: iOS 18 rumors: Everything we know about the next big iPhone update

What does this mean?

Basically, Apple looks to be continuing its commitment to user privacy by making sure your data stays "on device." Most AI platforms do require that your data be sent to their cloud computer servers because generative AI models are usually extremely resource intensive. If Apple stays the course though, the company won't do that. Instead, it'll use the iPhone's processing power to handle its AI features, meaning your data never leaves your iPhone.

One problem here is that even newer iPhone models may struggle to handle some particularly intensive AI features. Some AI features may not be available on older iPhone models at all.

However, there does seem to be a catch here. Apple can only really fully commit to its user privacy standards for the products that it builds. Given that Apple is relatively behind in the AI race compared to its competitors, the company is looking to work with third-party companies in order to roll out its AI products sooner rather than later.

According to Gurman, Apple has discussed AI partnerships with OpenAI, Google, and even the China-based Baidu. iPhone owners utilizing iOS features powered by the cloud computing infrastructure of those companies will find that their data is being sent off of their device.

Apple is reportedly creating its own cloud infrastructure to handle AI work, but according to these reports, it doesn't seem like it will be ready in time for the big iOS 18 announcement. And that's where these third parties will likely come in.

Again, all of this information is subject to change, but Gurman's reporting is credible. Nothing will be set in stone, of course, until Apple makes these announcements and that will probably be at this year's WWDC in June.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

7für7

Regular

toasty

Regular
Evening Diogenese ,

Wow , pretty sad when one of, if not the largest tech companys can't perfect such a system.

Human labour is cheap as apposed to purchasing tech which dose such things.

Regards,
Esq.
I think this indicates that some (many?) of the systems purported to be "AI" are nothing more than a fabrication designed to "catch the AI train". And I think that with heavyweights clearly involved in this kind of misdirection it sounds warning bells that they may prefer to promote workarounds rather than embrace new and revolutionary products (i.e. AKIDA), at least for the time being. The inertia of long held ideas has been a nagging concern for me for some time and I think this Amazon reveal shows there is good reason for that concern.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

7für7

Regular
I think this indicates that some (many?) of the systems purported to be "AI" are nothing more than a fabrication designed to "catch the AI train". And I think that with heavyweights clearly involved in this kind of misdirection it sounds warning bells that they may prefer to promote workarounds rather than embrace new and revolutionary products (i.e. AKIDA), at least for the time being. The inertia of long held ideas has been a nagging concern for me for some time and I think this Amazon reveal shows there is good reason for that concern.
The market is looking for products that work, are reliable, fully utilize the cost-benefit factor, and are available in mass quantities without any problems at any time. If the product meets these requirements, all doors are open. If multiple products from different companies are available, the price and the demands of the respective customers for their own products determine the choice.

The AI market is still relatively new and is in the process of positioning itself. I wouldn't directly compare our technology, for example, with ChatGPT because they are different technologies. All we can do is observe. Thinking as an investor that you know how the rabbit runs in the AI business? That's overconfidence. Even those who work in the field and are CEOs don't know... just my humble investor opinion.

Reactions: 4 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Interesting listen.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
View attachment 60890 View attachment 60891

This begs the following questions: Firstly, why does Nandan "like" this LinkedIn post and secondly, how has Google achieved such incredible performance and energy efficiency improvements using standard Arm cores? My hope is it's because they have used dedicated accelerators.

Axion is built using the Arm Neoverse™ V2 CPU. If I'm not mistaken Neoverse allows for third party IP integration and the incorporation of on-chip accelerators.

🥳 (hopefully)

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.26.46 am.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 35 users

Diogenese

Top 20
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...E&cvid=cbfd373b563e4bb884e6d039a7ceea37&ei=88

NASA is making announcement about Mars today - here's what we expect​

Story by Wiliam Hunter
• 16h •

• NASA is expected to give an update on the Mars Sample Return mission
  • This mission has been criticised for having an unrealistic budget and schedule
NASA is preparing to make a big announcement today that could reveal the future of America's next mission to Mars.

The Mars Return Sample (MRS) aims to bring Martian soil back to Earth, but the progress of the mission has been uncertain since a damning report last year criticised the 'unrealistic budget'.

However, the announcement today has sparked hopes that NASA might reveal the timeline and budget for the next stage of this challenging scientific mission.

Excitingly, NASA says that the samples could finally help to answer one of the biggest remaining questions in space exploration - whether or not there is life beyond Earth.

NASA said: 'The return of the samples will also help NASA's search for signs of ancient life
.'

1713230556960.png

I wonder how the rover will navigate around rocks, and how fast it will travel.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...E&cvid=cbfd373b563e4bb884e6d039a7ceea37&ei=88

Story by Wiliam Hunter
• 16h •

• This mission has been criticised for having an unrealistic budget and schedule
NASA is preparing to make a big announcement today that could reveal the future of America's next mission to Mars.

The Mars Return Sample (MRS) aims to bring Martian soil back to Earth, but the progress of the mission has been uncertain since a damning report last year criticised the 'unrealistic budget'.

However, the announcement today has sparked hopes that NASA might reveal the timeline and budget for the next stage of this challenging scientific mission.

Excitingly, NASA says that the samples could finally help to answer one of the biggest remaining questions in space exploration - whether or not there is life beyond Earth.

NASA said: 'The return of the samples will also help NASA's search for signs of ancient life
.'

View attachment 60894

Problem solved... ..

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Story by Wiliam Hunter
• 16h •

.'

View attachment 60894

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...-to-bring-mars-dirt-back-to-earth/ar-BB1lFRR3

NASA needs a cheaper, faster way to bring Mars dirt back to Earth​

Story by Amrita Khalid
• 4h

Budget constraints have NASA looking for a faster and cheaper method to bring samples from Mars’ surface back to Earth. In a teleconference on Monday, NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said that an independent review concluded that the agency’s current plan to bring the first samples collected by the Mars rover Perseverance could cost up to $11 billion and would likely not be achievable until 2040. The fiscal 2025 budget for the space agency, as well as additional anticipated budget cuts, are behind how slowly the current plan is being executed.
“That is unacceptable to wait that long,” Nelson said about the mission to return samples of dust and rocks from Mars to Earth. “It’s the decade of the 2040s that we’re going to be landing astronauts on Mars.”

NASA is planning to solicit ideas from its various centers and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory for a quicker, cheaper return mission. Nelson said the agency is aiming for a budget of under $7 billion and is hoping to bring the samples back in the 2030s.

The independent review, conducted last September, raised numerous concerns over the feasibility of NASA’s Mars Sample Return Mission. NASA had originally estimated that the return mission’s launch would take place in 2027 or 2028, but the independent review concluded that this would be impossible due to “technical issues, risks, and performance-to-date.”

In an X post on Monday, SpaceX founder Elon Musk wrote that the company will be responding to NASA’s solicitation for alternatives and that the company’s Starship rocket has the potential to return “serious tonnage” in less than five years.

Starship has run into its own delays and challenges. The most recent launch of a prototype in March was successful, but SpaceX lost contact with the rocket just as it reentered the Earth’s atmosphere

https://www.nasa.gov/news-release/nasa-sets-path-to-return-mars-samples-seeks-innovative-designs/

NASA Sets Path to Return Mars Samples, Seeks Innovative Designs​

NASA Administrator Bill Nelson shared on Monday the agency’s path forward on the Mars Sample Return program, including seeking innovative designs to return valuable samples from Mars to Earth. Such samples will not only help us understand the formation and evolution of our solar system but can be used to prepare for future human explorers and to aid in NASA’s search for signs of ancient life.

Over the last quarter century, NASA has engaged in a systematic effort to determine the early history of Mars and how it can help us understand the formation and evolution of habitable worlds, including Earth. As part of that effort, Mars Sample Return has been a long-term goal of international planetary exploration for the past two decades. NASA’s Perseverance rover has been collecting samples for later collection and return to Earth since it landed on Mars in 2021.

“Mars Sample Return will be one of the most complex missions NASA has ever undertaken. The bottom line is, an $11 billion budget is too expensive, and a 2040 return date is too far away,” said Nelson. “Safely landing and collecting the samples, launching a rocket with the samples off another planet – which has never been done before – and safely transporting the samples more than 33 million miles back to Earth is no small task. We need to look outside the box to find a way ahead that is both affordable and returns samples in a reasonable timeframe.”

The agency also has released NASA’s response to a Mars Sample Return Independent Review Board report from September 2023. This includes: an updated mission design with reduced complexity; improved resiliency; risk posture; stronger accountability and coordination; and an overall budget likely in the $8 billion to $11 billion range. Given the Fiscal Year 2025 budget and anticipated budget constraints, as well as the need to maintain a balanced science portfolio, the current mission design will return samples in 2040.

To achieve the ambitious goal of returning the key samples to Earth earlier and at a lower cost, the agency is asking the NASA community to work together to develop a revised plan that leverages innovation and proven technology. Additionally, NASA soon will solicit architecture proposals from industry that could return samples in the 2030s, and lowers cost, risk, and mission complexity.

“NASA does visionary science – and returning diverse, scientifically-relevant samples from Mars is a key priority,” said Nicky Fox, associate administrator, Science Mission Directorate, at NASA Headquarters in Washington. “To organize a mission at this level of complexity, we employ decades of lessons on how to run a large mission, including incorporating the input we get from conducting independent reviews. Our next steps will position us to bring this transformational mission forward and deliver revolutionary science from Mars – providing critical new insights into the origins and evolution of Mars, our solar system, and life on Earth*
.”

*42 ...

• Thinking
  • Fire
Problem solved... ..

13 days to go until we have our quarterly report in front of us . I will like to see a re calibrated price valuation by you then Esq . I value your posts highly .

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

This begs the following questions: Firstly, why does Nandan "like" this LinkedIn post and secondly, how has Google achieved such incredible performance and energy efficiency improvements using standard Arm cores? My hope is it's because they have used dedicated accelerators.

Axion is built using the Arm Neoverse™ V2 CPU. If I'm not mistaken Neoverse allows for third party IP integration and the incorporation of on-chip accelerators.

🥳 (hopefully)

View attachment 60893

Furthermore Google would have to know all about us through Mercedes and Accenture IMO. A strategic partnership between Google and Mercedes-Benz began in February 2023.

APRIL 10, 2024

Mercedes-Benz drives new customer experiences with Google Cloud​

MELISSA EVATTEditorial Assistant
Ildar Garifullin
image of a white Mercedes-AMG GT S with green lights in the background | Mercedes-Benz and Google Cloud

Google Cloud has recently announced the expansion of its strategic partnership with Mercedes-Benz as well as a new collaboration with Best Buy and Accenture.
Announced at its Cloud Next ’24 event in Las Vegas, Google Cloud’s partnership with Mercedes-Benz will transform its customer experiences with AI and GenAI technologies on Google Cloud’s Vertex AI platform. Mercedes will leverage e-commerce capabilities into its online storefront with a GenAI-powered smart sales assistant as well as new Google-quality search and recommendations capabilities.
The automotive company also plans to expand its use of Google Cloud to allow its call center experience to become more seamless and helpful for customers. Leveraging AI and GenAI tools, including Vertex AI and Google’s Gemini models, Mercedes aims to personalize its marketing campaigns and tailor them to its customers.
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet, said: “Mercedes-Benz has a long history of using technology to create exceptional experiences for their customers.
“We’re excited to help them apply Google’s advanced AI to engage with customers in new ways, from improving customer service to optimizing their website experience, with much more to come from this collaboration in the future.”
Best Buy unlocks “power of the people” with Accenture and Google Cloud
Best Buy, Accenture and Google Cloud have teamed up to deploy GenAI to improve the experience for Best Buy customers looking for support services.
Leveraging Google Cloud’s GenAI technology, Best Buy is creating new and more convenient ways for customers to get the solutions they need. This work aims to provide customers with a self-service option, allowing them to find solutions more independently while also enabling Best Buy customer service agents to better serve clients.
With this technology, Best Buy’s US customers can connect with a GenAI-powered virtual assistant for self-service support starting in late summer this year. In the upcoming months, the retailer will also launch GenAI-enabled capabilities for customer care agents to use while interacting with clients across various internal platforms. Designed to help reduce the workload for agents, these tools can help agents focus on personally connecting with the customer.
Brian Tilzer, chief digital analytics and technology officer at Best Buy, said: “These new GenAI-powered capabilities further enhance our commitment to deliver better, more personalized experiences to our customers by unlocking the power of people.
“We are excited to leverage and tailor these innovations with great partners like Google and Accenture, so we can continue to serve our customers in unique and differentiated ways and make our employees’ jobs easier.”
Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud, said: “Retailers are increasingly tapping into GenAI to create more seamless customer experiences and empower employees with new tools to make their work more impactful.”

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

This development is pretty interesting when you reflect on how Canonical forged a strategic alliance with SiFive in 2023 that allowed exclusive privileges, including early access to their cutting-edge processors under development.

Qualcomm is an investor in SiFive.

BrainChip and SiFive are partners (on cutting edge processors under development😝).

Can Qualcomm please just hurry up and spill the beans already!😘

Qualcomm joins Canonical's elite circle​

by NICK FARRELLon15 APRIL 2024

Qualcomm joins Canonical's elite circle

Tech Titans Team Up
Qualcomm is set to join Canonical's "silicon partners," a coveted club that boasts big names like Intel, Nvidia, AMD, and Arm.
This isn't just any old partnership; we're talking about a match made in Silicon Heaven. Qualcomm's getting the golden key to "optimised versions of Ubuntu for its processors." That's right, companies hitching their wagon to Ubuntu on Qualcomm chips are looking at a decade of support and security updates. Talk about a long-term relationship!
The tech streets are whispering that this collaboration will be a game-changer for AI, edge computing, and IoT applications.
Qualcomm's VP of Business Development, Dev Singh, said: "The combination of Qualcomm Technologies' processors with the popularity of Ubuntu among AI and IoT developers is a game-changer for the industry."
Optimised Ubuntu and Ubuntu Core images will be tailor-made for Qualcomm SoCs. This means enterprises can meet regulatory, compliance, and security demands for AI at the edge and the broader IoT market. We're talking about a secure operating system with a 10-year support guarantee.

Qualcomm's not just dipping its toes; it's diving headfirst into the Ubuntu pool to create an optimised Ubuntu for its IoT chipsets. This is big news for developers who want to craft safe, compliant, security-focused, high-performance applications for industrial, robotics, and edge automation industries.
The Ubuntu Certified Hardware programme is expanding faster than a viral tweet, with a growing list of certified ODM boards and devices based on Qualcomm SoCs. These certified devices are primed to deliver an optimised Ubuntu experience straight out of the box, letting developers zero in on what they do best—innovating and bringing products to market.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

7für7

Regular
Bravo is researching …. great … really great! Awesome….. don’t want to say anything but. You know… 🏃🏻‍♀️ could you please? Yes? Thank you!

• Haha

IloveLamp

Top 20

1000015098.jpg
1000015094.jpg
1000015099.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
Top Bottom