D

Deleted member 118

From our friends over at the Asylum

8B436F52-896A-49FD-B005-AD284797F7D8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

INTERIOR COCOON: ONBOARD TECHNOLOGIES FOR IMPROVED PASSENGER SAFETY​

Valeo’s cocoon interior brings together several onboard technologies for improved passenger safety in the vehicle:
  • a driver monitoring system, which uses a camera to analyze the driver’s face using artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms,
  • a cabin monitoring system to detect occupant behavior, and
  • the life detection system, which signals if a child or animal is in the rear of the locked vehicle.

WHAT IS A DRIVER MONITORING SYSTEM?​

A driver-monitoring system is an advanced safety technology that uses a camera to monitor driver alertness and check their level of vigilance. It is an innovative concept for active safety that can help reduce accidents on the road.
Valeo’s Driver Monitoring System has many functions such as detection of distraction and drowsiness, driver identification and facial emotion recognition.
When it detects signs of sleepiness or distraction, the system transmits alerts to the driver to get the driver’s attention back on the task of driving. The system’s camera mounted on the dashboard also ensures that the driver has their eyes on the road.
CIC_Drowsiness_0x0_acf_cropped.jpg

Other applications are also possible, such as driver identification for personalized settings and adapted driving modes.
Valeo’s Driver Monitoring System is in mass production with Deep Learning algorithms, including a scalable ECU and cameras for driver identification, accurate head-and-eye tracking, and monitoring driver gaze for distraction or drowsiness.
The driver monitoring system will contribute 25% of the ADAS evaluation and occupant condition monitoring to EuroNCap. The improvement of this automotive safety technology will contribute to the reduction of accidents related to fatigue and distraction, which account for 54% of fatal accidents in Europe. Camera-based driver identification also provides an additional level of security compared to key or badge-based access systems.
cic_phone_usage_a_pillar_max_0x0_acf_cropped.jpg

Since the DMS is becoming mandatory for L2 and L2+ autonomous vehicles, the global market is exploding, from about 1 million units in 2020 to an estimated 22 million units in 2025.

INNOVATIVE AUTOMOTIVE MONITORING SYSTEM FOR PASSENGER SAFETY​

WHAT IS A CABIN MONITORING SYSTEM?​

A cabin-monitoring system uses a camera sensor to understand human behavior and detect any passenger movements.
Thanks to the Valeo Interior Monitoring System, the vehicle is able to adapt to the internal context by knowing the characteristics of occupants such as their posture, and then adapting elements such as the air temperature or the driving mode. In addition, in the event of an accident, the intensity and deployment timing of the airbags can be adjusted according to the position and size of each passenger.
cic_occupant-classification_0x0_acf_cropped.jpg

The cabin monitoring system, which is equipped with a camera, also allows entertainment functions such as taking selfies to share experiences while traveling.
CIC_Selfie_Europe_max_0x0_acf_cropped.jpg

Valeo Gesture recognitionoffers a natural and intuitive way to interact with the vehicle for even safer driving. Based on machine-learning algorithms and an in-house compact 3D camera, the feature is embedded in Valeo’s dome module.
cic_happiness_0x0_acf_cropped.jpg

A RADAR TO DETECT PRESENCE OF PASSENGERS IN THE VEHICLE​

The Life Presence Detection System uses interior radar and AI algorithms to detect if there’s life or not in the car. Result: no more children or pets forgotten in the back of the car anymore thanks to this additional safety technology. Once the engine is turned off and the car is locked, if the car detects that a person or a pet is still inside the vehicle, the system activates an audible and visual alarm on a smartphone.
Valeo’s “Life Presence Detection” solution is based on a 60 GHz radar using a millimeter wave detection system to detect in real-time occupants’ body movements, as subtle as breathing-related chest movements, even under visual obstacles such as clothing, blankets, etc.
CIC_Life-presence-detection_0x0_acf_cropped.jpg

Such systems with passenger movement detection are usually integrated in the vehicle roof liner and must be able to detect or assess the presence of a child or a pet in a locked vehicle and either provide warnings for as long as necessary or intervene to mitigate the risk of hyperthermia.
In Europe, EuroNcap has included life detection in its roadmap to address the problem of children left unattended in a vehicle, which leads to heatstroke injury and death.
Since 2022, this in-car monitoring feature is considered a key safety criterion in EuroNcap’s evaluation

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Gemmax

Regular
Happy Easter Chocaholics / Akidaholics!
Exciting times my friends!

Reactions: 18 users
F

Filobeddo

I wasn’t completely sold on Sean, but after watching the latest podcast, he seems to have a firm grasp on the companies background, position, and potential future. I stand by my earlier comments about early hyping 2022 (I understand this wasn’t Sean), but I also understand that there’s still another eight months to come up with some revenue, and or commercial customers.

I‘ve cooled off after my tantrum yesterday 😂 and remain confident of the future of this company. I picked up a couple of thousand shares today, and have transferred a larger sum to my trading account to pick up another parcel tomorrow.

GLTAH.
Second that @robsmark , I wasn’t initially sold as well on Sean but early signs are very promising, articulate, intelligent, polished, passionate and driven. But still needs to get a decent haircut 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
F

Filobeddo

With respect to the angst associated with NDA's discussed previously, I would just like to opine that I still believe that Brainchip may in fact be asking for these as well as some or all of the early adopters.

It is in Brainchip's immense interest to not have others say anything negative, or express missgivings about Akida's tech once that early adopter status ceases, or perhaps is not proceeding in a way both parties had hoped or anticipated.

If I had the inside line to corporate that some of you have I would ask them if Brainchip asks for NDA's. What could they possibly say? Yes, no, or we can't address that....Any of these responses would be acceptable to me because a yes response needs no explanation, a no response would be very revealing, and the ambiguous, "we can't address that" would also be pretty clear to me that they are.

But bottom line,....would knowing somehow affect my investment if Brainchip were in fact asking for NDA's.......? Nope, it wouldn't.

Regards, dippY
@dippY22 , think Sean mentioned in the strawman pres that they are pressing customers if they can announce

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
F

Filobeddo

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Valeo’s cocoon interior brings together several onboard technologies for improved passenger safety in the vehicle:
  • a driver monitoring system, which uses a camera to analyze the driver’s face using artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms,
  • the life detection system, which signals if a child or animal is in the rear of the locked vehicle.

A driver-monitoring system is an advanced safety technology that uses a camera to monitor driver alertness and check their level of vigilance. It is an innovative concept for active safety that can help reduce accidents on the road.
Valeo’s Driver Monitoring System has many functions such as detection of distraction and drowsiness, driver identification and facial emotion recognition.
When it detects signs of sleepiness or distraction, the system transmits alerts to the driver to get the driver’s attention back on the task of driving. The system’s camera mounted on the dashboard also ensures that the driver has their eyes on the road.

Other applications are also possible, such as driver identification for personalized settings and adapted driving modes.
Valeo’s Driver Monitoring System is in mass production with Deep Learning algorithms, including a scalable ECU and cameras for driver identification, accurate head-and-eye tracking, and monitoring driver gaze for distraction or drowsiness.
The driver monitoring system will contribute 25% of the ADAS evaluation and occupant condition monitoring to EuroNCap. The improvement of this automotive safety technology will contribute to the reduction of accidents related to fatigue and distraction, which account for 54% of fatal accidents in Europe. Camera-based driver identification also provides an additional level of security compared to key or badge-based access systems.

Since the DMS is becoming mandatory for L2 and L2+ autonomous vehicles, the global market is exploding, from about 1 million units in 2020 to an estimated 22 million units in 2025.

A cabin-monitoring system uses a camera sensor to understand human behavior and detect any passenger movements.
Thanks to the Valeo Interior Monitoring System, the vehicle is able to adapt to the internal context by knowing the characteristics of occupants such as their posture, and then adapting elements such as the air temperature or the driving mode. In addition, in the event of an accident, the intensity and deployment timing of the airbags can be adjusted according to the position and size of each passenger.

The cabin monitoring system, which is equipped with a camera, also allows entertainment functions such as taking selfies to share experiences while traveling.

Valeo Gesture recognitionoffers a natural and intuitive way to interact with the vehicle for even safer driving. Based on machine-learning algorithms and an in-house compact 3D camera, the feature is embedded in Valeo’s dome module.

The Life Presence Detection System uses interior radar and AI algorithms to detect if there’s life or not in the car. Result: no more children or pets forgotten in the back of the car anymore thanks to this additional safety technology. Once the engine is turned off and the car is locked, if the car detects that a person or a pet is still inside the vehicle, the system activates an audible and visual alarm on a smartphone.
Valeo’s “Life Presence Detection” solution is based on a 60 GHz radar using a millimeter wave detection system to detect in real-time occupants’ body movements, as subtle as breathing-related chest movements, even under visual obstacles such as clothing, blankets, etc.

Such systems with passenger movement detection are usually integrated in the vehicle roof liner and must be able to detect or assess the presence of a child or a pet in a locked vehicle and either provide warnings for as long as necessary or intervene to mitigate the risk of hyperthermia.
In Europe, EuroNcap has included life detection in its roadmap to address the problem of children left unattended in a vehicle, which leads to heatstroke injury and death.
Since 2022, this in-car monitoring feature is considered a key safety criterion in EuroNcap’s evaluation
When I read articles like this and consider how once upon a time in a world not that far away parents, grandparents, friends and strangers had the ability to remember for more than ten seconds that they had the care of a child and they were in the car with them and now Governments around the world are legislating to make car manufacturers include intelligent devices to supplement humans after their ten second memory span has been exhausted ALL I CAN SAY IS AS BLIND FREDDIE SAYS -

‘This market that AKIDA technology can service is growing like a house on fire and will be worth a zillion billion dollar bucks.

The only way Brainchip will not capture at least one percent of this market is if they get high on cocaine and stay in bed for the next three years.

They truly are disrupting markets that do not exist yet and which are still to be thought of or imposed by Governments.’

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 55 users

Build-it

Regular
does somebody knows what´s with this covid 19 test study, i think it isn´t still ready or was there something wrong, didn´t it work???

QUOTE="Fact Finder, post: 48168, member: 31"]
This NaNose study involved testing 10,000 people. By May 2021 they had tested about 7,000 and the study was extended for 12 months to test the remaining 3,000. When the testing is complete then they have to compile the results and report them to the FDA then wait for the FDA to advise what they decide. Still a lot of work to do.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

Where still in Israel & the expansion continues

Edge Compute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-210127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-210127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

robsmark

Regular

Surly this has to be us?

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Kachoo

Regular
When I read articles like this and consider how once upon a time in a world not that far away parents, grandparents, friends and strangers had the ability to remember for more than ten seconds that they had the care of a child and they were in the car with them and now Governments around the world are legislating to make car manufacturers include intelligent devices to supplement humans after their ten second memory span has been exhausted ALL I CAN SAY IS AS BLIND FREDDIE SAYS -

‘This market that AKIDA technology can service is growing like a house on fire and will be worth a zillion billion dollar bucks.

The only way Brainchip will not capture at least one percent of this market is if they get high on cocaine and stay in bed for the next three years.

They truly are disrupting markets that do not exist yet and which are still to be thought of or imposed by Governments.’

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
You make me laugh hard at time FF lol😂😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

I just have to say it.

I wonder whether when Peter van der Made was working on his dream of creating AGi selling his unit in Sydney to fund his work before entering onto the ASX to seek funding from visionary retail investors did he ever imagine he could achieve in cabin selfies.

Look mum we are in a car.

How badly do we need artificial intelligence.

No wonder Puto thought he could steam roll the West.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I see someone is familiar with Bluey terminology. Dollar bucks is the currency I pay for my make believe food with. A portion of 1% of a zillion billion dollar bucks would see me never going hungry again.

But trivialities aside, it truly is astounding how so many people today do seem to have the attention span of a gold fish and rely exclusively on technology to help them function.

It disgusts me that children have died from being left in cars because the parent “forgot” they were in there. It’s never a valid excuse.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
F

Filobeddo

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Talking about double time-and-a-half, remind me, is it the stockbrokers who work on public holidays and the garbos who have the day off, or ... ?
Double time and a half

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Here's a very interesting article published 5 hours ago. It's a Q&A with Michael Hurlston, the CEO of Synaptics, a developer of hardware and software used in touchpads in computers, autos and smart home devices.. Lots of interesting info about their revenue, R&D spending, share price, difficulties in hiring, etc. TSMC are their largest supplier.

The article states "In March, Synaptics showcased innovations at tinyML Summit, including edge AI tech with low-power SoCs relying on neural network engines for vision, sound-detection and speech processing.

But what really stood out to me was this section...

Extract Only

FE: How does the demand for lower power in chips affect you?

Hurlston: With almost everything we do, power is an issue and so having lower power makes a difference. With AI at the edge, we know that a big driver of the battery in a phone is the display, so we have a face-detect AI algorithm. So, when the phone is close to the face when someone’s in the act of talking on the phone, we shut down the display. It’s a simple AI algorithm and we lock it in. Our phone manufacturing customers beat it up to death in testing, so they are not having fake shutdowns. They try to trick it a hundred different ways.

Here's another example of AI and machine learning… Today, we can do simple things like read license plates or read meters or count people. We can count people coming of a room. Instead of passing that task to a data center, you resolve it on a chip and the advantage is power savings where you don’t need to have a big engine, with passing back to the data center and the latency involved and ultimately the cost.

Take the example of a general purpose, low-power camera handed to a customer with tinyML to do something like identify sick chickens in a chicken coop that are sneezing. That’s a very specific use case, but a general purpose approach takes data and generates an ML model compiled onto a chip.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 34 users
I see someone is familiar with Bluey terminology. Dollar bucks is the currency I pay for my make believe food with. A portion of 1% of a zillion billion dollar bucks would see me never going hungry again.

But trivialities aside, it truly is astounding how so many people today do seem to have the attention span of a gold fish and rely exclusively on technology to help them function.

It disgusts me that children have died from being left in cars because the parent “forgot” they were in there. It’s never a valid excuse.
I hope, indeed I pray, I never see the day when a parent has the temerity to say to police ‘I know I forgot to bring in my infant child a week ago from the car but the Ai did not remind me.’

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom