BRN Discussion Ongoing

JoMo68

Regular
80s teen here....what a decade to be a teen it was.

Incredible memories.......

Absolutely agree Fmf best ever decade to have grown up in without doubt..:)

View attachment 59673

View attachment 59670 View attachment 59671 View attachment 59672 View attachment 59674

Eighties music night tonight me thinks :)

Have a great GREEN Friday Chippers :)
80's teen too! I cringe when I think of my favourite songs. My husband LOVES to embarass me - he had way cooler taste in music. I seemed to have a penchant for the Stock Aitken Waterman production line :LOL: And what about the shoulder pads!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
80's teen too! I cringe when I think of my favourite songs. My husband LOVES to embarass me - he had way cooler taste in music. I seemed to have a penchant for the Stock Aitken Waterman production line :LOL: And what about the shoulder pads!!
Love it good old S..A..and Waterman :)

1711063525406.png

Reactions: 7 users

7für7

Top 20
Some people need obviously money for the weekend party 🙂↔️

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Thought I’d remembered someone asking about this but in a previous presentation the information wasn’t blank. I wonder why they left it blank in the last presentation?

View attachment 59656 View attachment 59657
Appears to be a diff basket if you look at the general heading of the tables imo.

The first one more of a general competitor analysis of neuromorphic or aligned processors eg Loihi (research), True North (not edge) etc.

The second presso table is "edge" competitor aligned by the looks.

Regardless of how we want Akida to be the front runner, there are diff processors appearing at the edge or fog or hybrid edge/cloud and they will be competitors whether we like it or not.

Part of why I wanted to know who they were so we could individually assess the competitors and do our own DD / research.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
www.gizchina.com/2024/03/21/samsung-mach-1-ai-chip/amp/

"Samsung’s entry into the AI chip market with the Mach-1 does not directly aim at competing with ultra-high-end solutions like Nvidia’s H100 or B100 series. Instead, Samsung is focusing on developing an AI inference accelerator based on an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) that excels in edge computing applications. The company’s emphasis on low power consumption, minimal dimensions, and cost-effectiveness aligns with the growing demand for efficient AI solutions across various industries."

Happy as Larry

Hi TD,

"Samsung’s innovative approach with the Mach-1 involves utilizing LPDDR memory, a unique feature that significantly reduces memory bandwidth requirements for inference to about 0.125x when compared to existing designs. This strategic use of LPDDR memory positions the Mach-1 as a lightweight AI chip that does not rely on high bandwidth memory (HBM), which is currently scarce and expensive in the market."

This is not one of our chickens:

US2024086153A1 MULTI-BIT ACCUMULATOR AND IN-MEMORY COMPUTING PROCESSOR WITH SAME 20220914

A multi-bit accumulator includes 1-bit Wallace trees each configured to perform an add operation on single-bit input data, tristate logic circuits each configured to output a result of the add operation of the 1-bit Wallace trees according to an enable signal provided to the tristate logic circuits, and a shift-adder configured to perform an accumulation operation on the result of the add operation of the 1-bit Wallace trees by a shift operation based on a clock signal.
[0171] IMC [
in-memory compute] may accelerate a matrix operation and/or an MAC operation that performs addition of multiple multiplications at a time, which may be general for artificial intelligence (AI) learning and inference. The MAC operation for the learning and inference of the neural network 1210 may be performed through a memory array, and the memory array may include bit cells of a memory device in the IMC macro.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Reactions: 10 users
Know we know we are attending but got our booth and outine of what we doing there.

We're Proud of Our 2024 Sponsors, Exhibitors and Partners—with more to come!​

We’re proud of the first-rate exhibitors at the Embedded Vision Summit. They’re focused on practical, deployable computer vision and edge AI. Our exhibitors bring to the conference some quite remarkable technologies and solutions and provide fascinating demos. Connect with their technical experts and check out their newest technologies in their booths!​

BrainChipGoldExhibitorsEnabling Technologies Track: Product Presentations​

BrainChip will demonstrate a range of use cases based on Akida, an ultra-low-power, fully digital, event-based neuromorphic processor that targets advanced security, industrial, automotive and augmented reality applications. We will spotlight the Akida Edge AI Box, a compact box designed for video analytics, facial recognition and object detection, and can extend intelligent processing capabilities that integrate inputs from various other sensors.

Booth: #618

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hey Brain Fam,

Re: Homomorphic Encryption

I think it might be a wee bit interesting to look further into the connection between Intel, Microsoft and DARPA (and potentially us).

WARNING: Please avert you eyes if you don't appreciate the ancient art of dot-joining!

1. Here's an extract from an Intel blog dated 8 March 2021 describing INTEL collaborating with MICROSOFT on the the DARPA DPRIVE program (more info in the above link) with plans to design an application specific ASIC accelerator for Homomorphic Encryption. The DPRIVE program is set to wrap up around September 2024.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 11.55.55 am.png

2. Secondly, we know that we joined the Intel Foundry Services IP Alliance in December 2022.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-joins-intel-foundry-services-to-advance-neuromorphic-ai-at-the-edge/

3. Thirdly, I stumbled over this research paper

A Homomorphic Encryption Framework for Privacy-Preserving Spiking Neural Networks​

published October 2023 in which also happens to references the DARPA DPRIVE Program. It concludes by describing SNN's as being a crucial factor in the development of future private and secure networks and also states that this work demonstrates the applicability of Homomorphic Encryption schemes with SNN's.

a) Extract
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 12.06.03 pm.png

b) Extract
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 11.29.07 am.png

3. Fourthly, here is a recent announcement whereby Microsoft has chosen Intel as a chipmaking partner.

As a side note, BrainChips involvement in the IP Alliance would presumably give Microsoft the ability to access our IP.

Make of this what you will.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Hi TD,

"Samsung’s innovative approach with the Mach-1 involves utilizing LPDDR memory, a unique feature that significantly reduces memory bandwidth requirements for inference to about 0.125x when compared to existing designs. This strategic use of LPDDR memory positions the Mach-1 as a lightweight AI chip that does not rely on high bandwidth memory (HBM), which is currently scarce and expensive in the market."

This is not one of our chickens:

US2024086153A1 MULTI-BIT ACCUMULATOR AND IN-MEMORY COMPUTING PROCESSOR WITH SAME 20220914

A multi-bit accumulator includes 1-bit Wallace trees each configured to perform an add operation on single-bit input data, tristate logic circuits each configured to output a result of the add operation of the 1-bit Wallace trees according to an enable signal provided to the tristate logic circuits, and a shift-adder configured to perform an accumulation operation on the result of the add operation of the 1-bit Wallace trees by a shift operation based on a clock signal.
[0171] IMC [
in-memory compute] may accelerate a matrix operation and/or an MAC operation that performs addition of multiple multiplications at a time, which may be general for artificial intelligence (AI) learning and inference. The MAC operation for the learning and inference of the neural network 1210 may be performed through a memory array, and the memory array may include bit cells of a memory device in the IMC macro.
Thanks Dio.....
200w (7).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

davidfitz

Regular

Leaked docs hint Google may use SiFive RISC-V cores in next-gen TPUs​

This event may shed some more light on what Google has planned?

Google have announced the dates for their developer conference, Google I/O this week, with the three day conference set to kick off on May 14th in the US.

The event will be streamed ‘in front of a small live audience’ on May 14 in the US, which will be in the early hours of May 15th here in Australia. The conference will begin with the usual Keynote speech where we’ll get an overview of what to expect from Google over the next 12 months.

The focus of Google I/O will become clearer as developer sessions are announced closer to the event, but we expect to see an intense focus on AI, more Android announcements and of course Search, Maps and more.

While Google has previously announced hardware on-stage at I/O, we don’t expect to see more on the Pixel 8a – but we could be in for a surprise. We may also see more on the slate of upcoming rumoured hardware which includes the Pixel Tablet 2, Pixel Watch 3, and maybe even Pixel Buds Pro gen 2. We also expect Google to tease the Pixel 9 and Pixel 9 Pro which should be unveiled in October.

You can find more about Google I/O on their landing page, but we’ll be bringing you all the latest news as it’s announced on May 15th.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
Know we know we are attending but got our booth and outine of what we doing there.

We're Proud of Our 2024 Sponsors, Exhibitors and Partners—with more to come!​

We’re proud of the first-rate exhibitors at the Embedded Vision Summit. They’re focused on practical, deployable computer vision and edge AI. Our exhibitors bring to the conference some quite remarkable technologies and solutions and provide fascinating demos. Connect with their technical experts and check out their newest technologies in their booths!​

BrainChipGoldExhibitorsEnabling Technologies Track: Product Presentations​

BrainChip will demonstrate a range of use cases based on Akida, an ultra-low-power, fully digital, event-based neuromorphic processor that targets advanced security, industrial, automotive and augmented reality applications. We will spotlight the Akida Edge AI Box, a compact box designed for video analytics, facial recognition and object detection, and can extend intelligent processing capabilities that integrate inputs from various other sensors.

Booth: #618
Thanks for sharing FMF. A use case for augmented reality applications. Is this new?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Thanks for sharing FMF. A use case for augmented reality applications. Is this new?
Nice pick up Slade.

I missed those couple of words seeing more re edge box demoing again.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Slade

Top 20
Nice pick up Slade.

I missed those couple of words seeing more re edge box demoing again.
It’s certainly timely.

Integrating Augmented Reality with Neuromorphic Computing for Enhanced Cognitive Training​

Aardvark Infinity

Aardvark Infinity
·
Follow
3 min read
·
Mar 9, 2024

Listen
Author: Aardvark Infinity | www.aardvarkinfinity.com

Published on Mar 8, 2024 · 4 min read

0*phe5nepaukZc0gEU

Photo by Lucrezia Carnelos on Unsplash
In the ever-evolving landscape of technology, the fusion of augmented reality (AR) and neuromorphic computing represents a groundbreaking stride toward the future of cognitive training and rehabilitation. Aardvark Infinity is at the forefront of this innovation with its latest project, “Augmented Cognition: Neuromorphic AR Systems for Cognitive Enhancement (AC-NAReS).” This pioneering initiative aims to leverage the unique strengths of neuromorphic computing — computers inspired by the neural structure of the human brain — and AR’s immersive experiences to create personalized cognitive training programs.

### Bridging the Gap between Brain and Machine

Neuromorphic computing mimics the human brain’s neural architecture, offering unparalleled efficiency in processing complex, sensory-driven tasks. By simulating the way neurons communicate and learn, neuromorphic systems can analyze and interpret vast amounts of data more efficiently than traditional computing architectures. This efficiency makes them ideal for applications requiring real-time processing and adaptive learning, such as cognitive training exercises.

Augmented reality, on the other hand, enriches the real world with digital overlays, providing users with immersive, interactive experiences. When combined with neuromorphic computing, AR can deliver highly personalized, adaptive learning environments that respond to the user’s cognitive state and needs in real-time. This synergy offers a promising avenue for cognitive training and rehabilitation, providing a dynamic platform that adjusts to the user’s progress and challenges them appropriately.

### The AC-NAReS Project: A Leap Forward in Cognitive Training

Aardvark Infinity’s AC-NAReS project aims to develop a platform that integrates neuromorphic computing with AR technology to support cognitive training and rehabilitation. The project focuses on several key areas:

1. **Real-time Cognitive State Monitoring:** Using neuromorphic sensors and algorithms, the system continuously assesses the user’s cognitive state, providing immediate feedback to adjust the difficulty and type of cognitive exercises.

2. **Immersive Learning Environments:** AR creates engaging, interactive scenarios that can be tailored to target specific cognitive skills, such as memory, attention, and problem-solving.

3. **Adaptive Learning Pathways:** Leveraging the learning capabilities of neuromorphic computing, the system adapts in real-time to the user’s performance, personalizing the training regimen to optimize cognitive development and recovery.

4. **Accessibility and Portability:** By utilizing wearable AR devices and neuromorphic computing’s efficient processing, the AC-NAReS platform aims to be accessible anywhere, enabling users to engage in cognitive training in the comfort of their homes or while on the move.

### Implications and Future Directions

The integration of augmented reality with neuromorphic computing in cognitive training opens up new possibilities for personalized education, therapeutic interventions, and cognitive enhancement. The AC-NAReS project not only aims to advance our understanding of how technology can support cognitive development but also strives to make these technologies accessible to a broader audience.

As this project progresses, Aardvark Infinity envisions a future where cognitive training and rehabilitation are not only more effective but also more engaging and accessible to individuals across the globe. By pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with AR and neuromorphic computing, we are stepping into a new era of cognitive enhancement that promises to enrich the human experience in profound ways.

Stay tuned for updates on the AC-NAReS project and explore how Aardvark Infinity continues to lead innovation at the intersection of neuroscience, computing, and augmented reality at

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
It’s certainly timely.

Integrating Augmented Reality with Neuromorphic Computing for Enhanced Cognitive Training​

Aardvark Infinity
Aardvark Infinity
·
Follow
3 min read
·
Mar 9, 2024

Listen

0*phe5nepaukZc0gEU

In the ever-evolving landscape of technology, the fusion of augmented reality (AR) and neuromorphic computing represents a groundbreaking stride toward the future of cognitive training and rehabilitation. Aardvark Infinity is at the forefront of this innovation with its latest project, “Augmented Cognition: Neuromorphic AR Systems for Cognitive Enhancement (AC-NAReS).” This pioneering initiative aims to leverage the unique strengths of neuromorphic computing — computers inspired by the neural structure of the human brain — and AR’s immersive experiences to create personalized cognitive training programs.

Neuromorphic computing mimics the human brain’s neural architecture, offering unparalleled efficiency in processing complex, sensory-driven tasks. By simulating the way neurons communicate and learn, neuromorphic systems can analyze and interpret vast amounts of data more efficiently than traditional computing architectures. This efficiency makes them ideal for applications requiring real-time processing and adaptive learning, such as cognitive training exercises.

Augmented reality, on the other hand, enriches the real world with digital overlays, providing users with immersive, interactive experiences. When combined with neuromorphic computing, AR can deliver highly personalized, adaptive learning environments that respond to the user’s cognitive state and needs in real-time. This synergy offers a promising avenue for cognitive training and rehabilitation, providing a dynamic platform that adjusts to the user’s progress and challenges them appropriately.

Aardvark Infinity’s AC-NAReS project aims to develop a platform that integrates neuromorphic computing with AR technology to support cognitive training and rehabilitation. The project focuses on several key areas:

1. **Real-time Cognitive State Monitoring:** Using neuromorphic sensors and algorithms, the system continuously assesses the user’s cognitive state, providing immediate feedback to adjust the difficulty and type of cognitive exercises.

2. **Immersive Learning Environments:** AR creates engaging, interactive scenarios that can be tailored to target specific cognitive skills, such as memory, attention, and problem-solving.

3. **Adaptive Learning Pathways:** Leveraging the learning capabilities of neuromorphic computing, the system adapts in real-time to the user’s performance, personalizing the training regimen to optimize cognitive development and recovery.

4. **Accessibility and Portability:** By utilizing wearable AR devices and neuromorphic computing’s efficient processing, the AC-NAReS platform aims to be accessible anywhere, enabling users to engage in cognitive training in the comfort of their homes or while on the move.

The integration of augmented reality with neuromorphic computing in cognitive training opens up new possibilities for personalized education, therapeutic interventions, and cognitive enhancement. The AC-NAReS project not only aims to advance our understanding of how technology can support cognitive development but also strives to make these technologies accessible to a broader audience.

As this project progresses, Aardvark Infinity envisions a future where cognitive training and rehabilitation are not only more effective but also more engaging and accessible to individuals across the globe. By pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with AR and neuromorphic computing, we are stepping into a new era of cognitive enhancement that promises to enrich the human experience in profound ways.

Stay tuned for updates on the AC-NAReS project and explore how Aardvark Infinity continues to lead innovation at the intersection of neuroscience, computing, and augmented reality at
Geez...we mustn't like the real world much huh :LOL:

"Augmented reality, on the other hand, enriches the real world with digital overlays, providing users with immersive, interactive experiences."

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
It’s certainly timely.

Aardvark Infinity
Aardvark Infinity
·
Follow
3 min read
·
Mar 9, 2024

Listen

0*phe5nepaukZc0gEU

Reminds me of a movie I saw as a young bloke....is this where we're heading?

Glad our name wasn't Brainstorm haha

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Reminds me of a movie I saw as a young bloke....is this where we're heading?

Glad our name wasn't Brainstorm haha

Or the other one I recall watching.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

7für7

Top 20
Can we expect a price sensitive announcement after closing? 🧐

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

jtardif999

Regular
EDIT: Right you are - they make the Tegra for the nintendo, a partner with MegaChips, so maybe something cam come of that.
Using licensed Arm IP, NVIDIA has designed Grace as a CPU specifically for giant-scale AI and HPC. Coupled with the GPU and DPU, Grace gives us the third foundational technology for computing, and the ability to re-architect the data center to advance AI. NVIDIA is now a three-chip company.”

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom