Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

RobjHunt

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
You've taken your life in your own hands there mate ;)
To me, adding inbetween the lines, the comment looks a bit like this..

Especially with the part..
"one of our female engineers"..

"Because it's International Women's day, we decided to let one of our "female" engineers (yes we really do have them) "drive" our precious EQXX prototype (we have photos to prove, she's actually sitting in the driver's seat pretending to drive!)".
"You go girl!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I have just stumbled over another market report (similar the often refernced Gartner report) I would like to share.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Hardware Market Size to Reach USD 473.53 Bn By 2033

Generally I always take the numbers with a grain of salt and I am more interested how these analysts come to their conclusions and what aspects they mention I might not have considered yet or put the same amount of focus on.

Among the usual suspects in hardware categories like GPU, FPGA, ASICs and so on they also mention neuromorphic.

But on of the most interesting parts I'd like to highlight are the following:

Devices Insights

The autonomous robots segment
is expected to grow faster in the artificial intelligence in hardware market during the forecast period due to several factors, such as rising deployment in various industries, advancements in AI and Machine Learning, and demand for logistics and warehousing automation. Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning advancements have given robots the ability to learn, adapt, and make decisions in real time. Industries are shifting to autonomous robots to automate challenging and hazardous activities, lowering operational costs and increasing productivity. Moreover, Logistics and warehousing are experiencing an increase in demand for these robots as they optimize operations in response to the growing e-commerce sector.

Driver: Real-time deep learning and AI hardware accelerators

In the artificial intelligence in hardware market, the demand for real-time deep learning workloads has fueled an enormous shift toward Edge AI, demanding specialized AI hardware accelerators.

But the part I personally find the most interesting is this one (even if this could be relate more to the actual chip companies):
Opportunity: Integration in semiconductor companies

The rise of artificial intelligence in hardware market offers a transformative opportunity for semiconductor companies,
indicating a fundamental shift in value generation within the technology sector.

Previously
, these companies obtained a small portion of the value generated by technological stacks.
However, the growth of AI forecasts that these companies are expected now to command 40 to 50 percent of the entire value.

Moreover, across its nine-layer technology stack, AI depends mostly on hardware for functions such as logic and memory. Semiconductor companies are critical in addressing AI concerns. To capitalize on this advantage, companies are expected to focus on personalized solutions for specific sectors, emphasizing customization and providing specialized memory and accelerators for increased efficiency. Strategic targeting, personalization, and end-to-end solutions are crucial to success in the AI era, allowing semiconductor companies to dominate the hardware environment.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I have just stumbled over another market report (similar the often refernced Gartner report) I would like to share.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Hardware Market Size to Reach USD 473.53 Bn By 2033

Generally I always take the numbers with a grain of salt and I am more interested how these analysts come to their conclusions and what aspects they mention I might not have considered yet or put the same amount of focus on.

Among the usual suspects in hardware categories like GPU, FPGA, ASICs and so on they also mention neuromorphic.

But on of the most interesting parts I'd like to highlight are the following:

But the part I personally find the most interesting is this one (even if this could be relate more to the actual chip companies):
Hi Crabman,

Nobody can count that high - there just aren't enough fingers and toes in the world.

The beauty of Akida is that it is sensor agnostic. it can process video, audio, olfactory, etc. All that is needed is the appropriate model, a database of "similar" signals. And one-shot learning means that performance improves with use.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Hi Crabman,

Nobody can count that high - there just aren't enough fingers and toes in the world.

The beauty of Akida is that it is sensor agnostic. it can process video, audio, olfactory, etc. All that is needed is the appropriate model, a database of "similar" signals. And one-shot learning means that performance improves with use.
As far as I know there‘s one who can.
Someone told me Chuck Norris counted to infinity - and then again.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
To me, adding inbetween the lines, the comment looks a bit like this..

Especially with the part..
"one of our female engineers"..

"Because it's International Women's day, we decided to let one of our "female" engineers (yes we really do have them) "drive" our precious EQXX prototype (we have photos to prove, she's actually sitting in the driver's seat pretending to drive!)".
"You go girl!"
Ŵhen I saw this I'll admit I thought now there's a joke in that but then thought it was very condescending to women and wasn't going there. There are strong women on here so they don't need me to stand up for them, but then thought why would MB put a message up like that. There may be a couple of reasons. I think it was well meant.

1. May have been in German and didn't translate properly or not person's first language.

2. Was written by a male who is insensitive to what he wrote.

3. This is important in my opinion. It was in Saudi Arabia and I think we are all aware of women's rights there.

SC

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Frangipani

Regular
One of the posters led me to indie Semiconductor (headquartered - of all places - in Aliso Viejo, 2 km from where Brainchip used to have its US office) and two of their acquisitions in Germany - Silicon Radar in Frankfurt/Oder and Symeo (“Radar Next Level”) in Neubiberg, just outside of Munich. Might be worthwhile for the more tech-savvy to have a closer look at them in general.

Coincidentally, I stumbled across a very familiar name liking the Neurobus “birth announcement” on another LinkedIn page - and no, it’s not Rob Telson’s, but that of Sounak Dey from TCS Research (see below).

Now that is an intriguing connection, isn’t it? After all, “earth observation” is one of the three domains the astropreneurs’ neuromorphic technology applications are aimed at.

View attachment 45796 View attachment 45795

P.S.: On Google, another guy also called Sounak Dey comes up when searching for that name. However, he is younger and works for Munich-based European “Defense AI” start-up Helsing AI, (“Artificial intelligence to serve our democracies… Helsing is a new type of defense AI company. We believe that software, in particular artificial intelligence, will be the key to our democracies”.) They are in cahoots with IBM and backed by Spotify co-founder and CEO Daniel Ek.
7D5BA18D-9C2A-4C09-9203-4585F534AB3F.jpeg

DCBAE548-BF82-4FE3-ACB4-B051634117BA.jpeg

77D039D7-DADC-4EAA-BB24-852F5E5D8770.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 72 users

KiKi

Regular
Thanks @Frangipani. Can you please also post the link to his post? I want to look at the pictures in full, especially the one with BrainChip logo.
Thanks.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks @Frangipani. Can you please also post the link to his post? I want to look at the pictures in full, especially the one with BrainChip logo.
Thanks.

• Love
  • Fire

Frangipani

Regular
Thank’s for posting, 🚀!

And this is the space infrastructure company Mohamed Sobhy Fouda founded just over a year ago:

305A064E-42A5-40E5-9016-64C8A7CA6DFA.jpeg

EA2F944E-2B03-4897-8893-9BDCB67981D2.jpeg

A65E210E-6F90-40E4-AED9-415763FE3220.jpeg

Salutes Space are currently taking part in the CASSINI Challenges:

03BC29F0-731C-412E-BE71-BAADA46E4AED.jpeg

9B9A9EFD-2517-419A-AE20-F45CBC140A02.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Frangipani

Regular
Thank’s for posting, 🚀!

And this is the space infrastructure company Mohamed Sobhy Fouda founded just over a year ago:

View attachment 58796

View attachment 58797
View attachment 58799

Salutes Space are currently taking part in the CASSINI Challenges:

View attachment 58800

View attachment 58801

Salutes Space are also collaborating with Universität der Bundeswehr München
(University of the German Federal Armed Forces in Munich) …

0ECD5020-AC97-4E28-905E-096D103E614F.jpeg

… and “officially signed for incubation at ESA BIC Bavaria” three months ago.
4983B95E-61FA-4E23-9AA3-497EC98D1428.jpeg

417E673E-B4FC-4442-AF8F-C3E66A0B0552.jpeg

And finally meet Merlin Gigabytes, mentioned in the first LinkedIn post I shared:

1D9DCFA1-23B8-4D9B-A3F5-DFF669E931E6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

charles2

Regular
I'm reposting this as I found it today (Saturday) on Yahoo News (US) front page. So if the world has an appetite for this kind of tech news it sure seems that Brainchip could do a better job

'strutting our stuff' publicly.

They do hire a PR firm...right?

As a result we would have to issue less shares to raise funds....less dilution.

Damn it, it is SO OBVIOUS.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
As everyone is liking what’s happening in Space with regards to Brainchip I’ve just posted quite a few new things going on there over in the NASA page with this one being the best

Edge AI Platform for Space and Unmanned Aerial Imagery Intelligence​

Award Information
Agencyepartment of Defense
Branch:Air Force
Contract:FA8649-23-P-0196
Agency Tracking Number:FX224-OCSO1-1566
Amount:$74,941.00
Phasehase I
Program:SBIR
Solicitation Topic Code:X224-OCSO1
Solicitation Number:X22.4
Timeline
Solicitation Year:2022
Award Year:2023
Award Start Date (Proposal Award Date):2022-11-01
Award End Date (Contract End Date):2023-02-04
Small Business Information
Misram LLC
1 Paddington Lane
Holmdel, NJ 07733-1111
United States
DUNS:078446162
HUBZone Owned:No
Woman Owned:No
Socially and Economically Disadvantaged:Yes
Principal Investigator
Name: Vidya Sagar
Phone: (201) 912-9568
Email: vidya@spectronn.com
Business Contact
Name: Rajarathnam Chandramouli
Phone: (847) 345-4731
Email: mouli@spectronn.com
Research Institution
N/A
Abstract
Global persistent awareness is critical for the Air Force. Warfare is becoming increasingly complex due to congested and contested operational environments, maneuvering targets, and rapidly changing threats. The Air Force seeks on-demand awareness of adversary actions anywhere on the globe by securely gathering, processing, and fusing multiple types of trusted data, including satellite and aerial imagery. The Joint and Allied Force networks will share processed intelligence to rapidly identify threats and targeted intelligence. Executing AI algorithms for satellite and aerial imagery fusion solely on terrestrial cloud infrastructure will incur severe latency due to limited data rate between a satellite and ground station, wireless link packet losses, delays due to revisit times, etc. Therefore, we propose to extend our commercial distributed edge AI sensor fusion software stack to satisfy the needs of Air Force customers. A 1000X latency reduction and 5X improvement in intelligence inference accuracy will be demonstrated.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

rgupta

Regular
I was just comparing feet of Niel Armstrong on moon and journey of akida to the brain.
Neil Armstrong used the words
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,""
"It will be one small step of akida, on gaint leap for AI"

• Fire
Top Bottom