Looks like they are using DRP-AI3.

https://www.renesas.com/sites/default/files/RZV2H-block-chart-DRP-AI3.png
1709190212529.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

7für7

Regular
Well @7für7, I put my best foot forward (he-he-he!) and took a long walk around the block as promised, but I have to say, it did bugger all to lift the share price and it didn't do much good for my bunion either. It's obvious that the real, meaningful gains have only ever taken place whilst I was off shovelling copious wheel-barrows full of mosquito-ridden mulch at my Mum's place. I better call her and get her to order another 5 cubic meters (40 mm) for delivery for me tomorrow. I know it's for the sake of the collective good, so I'll try to approach it with a modicum of enthusiasm. 🥾🪠
Well, who would've thought that a stroll around the block wouldn't solve all our problems? Maybe the stock price just needs a hefty dose of mosquito-infested mulch to really take off!.. or Maybe we should all start tending to our gardens to strengthen our portfolios And who knows, maybe your Hallux valgus will become the next fitness trend in the stock market world. Either way,…… FOLKS YOU HEAR IT! Start tending your garden!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got

DRP AI3

White paper:

Looks like it works in "Spikes" just called something different. Also Pytorch which Sean mentioned Brainchip start support if for the customer(s)

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Bravo
I value your efforts and am pretty sure there is a lot of recycled mulch out of Queensland your mum can pick up cheap.

Having read your post about who was investing in Humane I thought I would find out what it actually does and guess what it is a Japanese company set up for the sole purpose of promoting Brainchip and AKIDA technology.

Here is a sample of their work:

“But the pin isn’t immune to the thing that gadgets often do: frustrate the hell out of you. Most of the AI is off-device, so there’s a solid few seconds of waiting for responses to your requests and questions — not helped by the convention center’s spotty connectivity. It also shut down on one occasion after briefly flashing a notice that it had overheated and needed to cool off. The employee demoing the pin for me said that this doesn’t happen very often, and that the continued use of the laser for demonstration purposes probably did it. I believe that, but still, this is a device meant to sit next to your chest and go with you into lots of different environments, presumably including warm ones. Not great!”

I feel much more confident now that I know there working for Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Wow, that's some psychedelic mulch right there Fact Finder! I'll be sure to pass this tip on to my Mum!

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 6.03.57 pm.png

I suppose with all the connectivity and heating issues that the pin was found to suffer from, it makes sense that SoftBank/Arm should slide in to the partnership side of things to try to assist with Humane, Open AI, Qualcomm, and Microsoft. And just like a rising tide lifts all boats I'm hopeful that Sofftbank/Arm's appearance will be a harbinger of good things to come for us.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

schuey

Regular
A small but very telling point from the the investor presentation (for me anyway)

Total number of Brainchip employees as of 31st December 2023 = 78.
More importantly, total percentage of employees who are engineers 80%

Here we have a real indication of the level of customer support and engagement going on behind closed doors. You do not hire circa 60 engineers just to sit around on the hope that your sales team may bring in some work. We will always have NDA's and contracts that may restrict what can be disclosed. But in my opinion numbers such as these are undeniable indicators as to the level of engagement that is happening right now.
100% on the money there Sonny

Reactions: 11 users

krugerrands

Regular

It achieved up to 16 times faster processing (130 TOPS) than before the introduction of these new technologies, and world-class power efficiency (up to 23.9 TOPS/W at 0.8 V supply).
solve this issue, Renesas optimized its unique DRP-based AI accelerator (DRP-AI) for pruning. By analyzing how pruning pattern characteristics and a pruning method are related to recognition accuracy in typical image recognition AI models (CNN models), we identified the hardware structure of an AI accelerator that can achieve both high recognition accuracy and an efficient pruning rate, and applied it to the DRP-AI design.
Renesas created a prototype of a test chip with these technologies and confirmed that it achieved the world-class, highest power efficiency of 23.9 TOPS per watt at a normal power voltage of 0.8 V for the AI accelerator and operating power efficiency of 10 TOPS per watt for major AI models.

Anything you see that will confirm or preclude this DRP-AI3 from being Akida IP ?

• Love
  • Thinking

manny100

Regular
One thing to remember is that several of our early engagements are joint developments rather than licences. For example, our Valeo relationship is a joint development. The development will proceed in a "commercial-in-confidence" basis until it's commercialized. A JD would not necessarily attract a licence fee, just a share of profit. So I'm hoping that Scala 3, due out soon, will include Akida.

Other JD partners include:
nViso
Edge impulse
Prophesee
SiFive
Socionext

... and of course there are the other 100+ NDAs.
Looks like the early adapters as listed in the Presentation the other day may well be the first scale users of AKIDA.
Verago, Valeo, NASA and Mercedes.
Of course there may be a few quietly working in the background.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
The Vision 341 and Vision 331 DSPs support the Tensilica Instruction Extension (TIE) language, allowing customers to customize the instruction set. The Cadence NeuroWeave™ Software Development Kit (SDK) provides neural network support for both DSPs. In addition, the Vision 341 and Vision 331 DSPs support more than 1700 OpenCV-based vision library functions, SLAM Library, Point Cloud Library (PCL), Radar library, Nature DSP library, OpenCL and the Halide compiler for computer vision, imaging, radar and lidar applications. Both cores are automotive ready with ASIL-B hardware random faults and ASIL-D systematic fault certification.

“With the growing prevalence of vision transformers, automotive SoC and systems companies need best-in-class performance for sensor fusion applications. Increasingly, they are seeking a highly flexible single-DSP solution for computer vision, radar and lidar with AI processing,” said David Glasco, VP of R&D for the Silicon Solutions Group at Cadence. “As the leading provider of vision and radar DSP IP, we’re extremely well positioned to capitalize on this growing need by offering our customers the best of both worlds in a single DSP with optional radar acceleration for emerging 4D radar applications.”

Availability

Tensilica Vision DSPs support Cadence’s Intelligent System Design™ strategy, enabling SoC design excellence. The new Vision 331 DSP and Vision 341 DSP are available now, while the Vision 4DR accelerator will be in general availability in the second quarter of 2024. For more information on the Vision 331 DSP and Vision 341 DSP, please visit:

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Colorado23

Regular
Probably not the forum all so I apologise in advance.
Anyone tried testing out superfund maximum allocation of 20% in a single stock. Will they force sell if the stock price goes to $5 as the stock now makes up 80% of your portfolio. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Anyone tried testing out superfund maximum allocation of 20% in a single stock. Will they force sell if the stock price goes to $5 as the stock now makes up 80% of your portfolio. :rolleyes:
Had that problem when she went over $2.

Didn’t get advice to sell.

• Haha
  • Love

Monkeymandan

Regular
I’m with Australian Super who have a 20% limit for any one stock. I have three stocks which have all bloated over the 20% due to SP increases and they don’t appear to do anything beyond warning against it.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Quatrojos

Regular
They haven't forced a sale of any of my BRN super shares. I'm over 30% so far...

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Australian Super has a-limit of 20% on purchases. Now that the price has increases my percentage of BRN is over 40% of my total
So no, they wont force you to sell.

• Fire

Quatrojos

Regular
They haven't forced a sale of any of my BRN super shares. I'm over 30% so far...
It'd be an interesting conversation, though:

Sir, we'd like you to sell a parcel of the shares you chose because they're performing much better than our selection...

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Chris B

I'm in host plus that has 20% allocation and now up to near 40%... so all good... once you buy in, you can keep. Even if your stock drops out of asx 300

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
  • Haha

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Wow
  • Sad

Beebo

Regular
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Beebo

Regular
It's hot and humid and still, and I'm grumpy - show me the spikes.
Hi Diogenes. Please translate…do you agree or do you not agree that DRP AI3 indeed utilizes our IP?

Can’t wait to translate your reply! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom