BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hi ILL,

That comforting feeling drops away as the temperature drops.
1000011518.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Diogenese ,

Thankyou once again for your tireless Technical Knowledge , mind boggling.

From what i have picked up .... and i could be mistaken.... our chip / IP works on First Kernel in is First Kernel out , with No Backend Loading ( whatever that means ).

As per picture .....😁.

7,393 Chipmunk Eating Nuts Royalty-Free Photos and Stock Images |  Shutterstock

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Green..........

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

7für7

Regular
Actually it looks like Competitor 1 is Intel, if the previous chart is anything to go by. How come Qualcomm has never been on any of our competitor charts?

View attachment 58152
What the hack are you doing here!? No wonder the share price drops please do us a favour oookeeeeeyyy?!?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

1000013724.jpg
1000013727.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Prophesee has their own Neuromorphic ip, although i believe ours is superior hense why they partnered with us.......

So it is possible it excludes us without including anyone else........but i like our chances

Prophesee has also never been mentioned by the company as a competitor either..........

That is my understanding
Qualcomm has their own AI, Hexagon, in Snapdragon 8.2.

Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 deep dive: Everything you need to know (androidauthority.com)

To boost performance, the Tensor accelerator inside the DSP has doubled in size for twice the performance and has new optimizations specifically for language processing. Qualcomm is also debuting what it calls micro tile inference support, essentially chopping up imaging and other problems into smaller tiles to save on memory at the expense of some result accuracy. Along those lines, the addition of INT4 also means that developers can now implement machine learning problems requiring high bandwidth at the expense of some accuracy if compressing a larger model. Qualcomm is providing tools to partners to help support INT4, so it will require a retooling of existing applications to work.

Altogether, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Hexagon DSP offers 4.35x the performance of its predecessor, depending on the ML model. (In this case, Qualcomm is comparing mobileBERT natural language processing). Sounds impressive, but I think the more significant change is the introduction of Hexagon Direct Link, which more closely connects its ISP to the AI Engine. The company dubs this its “Cognitive ISP.”

Qualcomm doubled the physical link between the image signal processor (ISP), Hexagon DSP, and Adreno GPU, driving higher bandwidth and lowering latency. This allows the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 to run much more powerful machine-learning tasks on imaging data right off the camera sensor. RAW data, for instance, can be passed directly to the DSP/AI Engine for imaging workloads, or Qualcomm can use the link to upscale low-res gaming scenarios to assist with GPU load balancing.

US2020104690A1 NEURAL PROCESSING UNIT (NPU) DIRECT MEMORY ACCESS (NDMA) HARDWARE PRE-PROCESSING AND POST-PROCESSING 20180928

1709175878705.png

[0015] FIG. 4 is a block diagram illustrating an exemplary software architecture that may modularize artificial intelligence (AI) functions, in accordance with aspects of the present disclosure.
In the exemplary example, the deep neural network may be configured to run on a combination of processing blocks, such as the CPU 422 , the DSP 424 , and the GPU 426 , or may be run on the NPU 428 .
. In aspects of the present disclosure, the read client RCLT and the write client WCLT may refer to an array to compute elements of the NPU 700 , which may support, for example, 16-NDMA read channels and 16-NDMA write channels for the various compute units of the NPU 700 .

1709176052282.png

[0021] FIG. 7 is a block diagram illustrating a neural processing unit (NPU), including an NPU direct memory access (NDMA) core and interfaces configured to provide hardware pre-processing and post-processing of NDMA data, according to aspects of the present disclosure.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
My wild theory for the day.

What if Ericsson, Brainchip and Prophesee were working together to substitute Prophesee’s event based neuromorphic vision sensor for the camera used in the above paper.

My technophobe understanding is this would further reduce power consumption making it a World beating best fit for being powered by energy harvesting from normal internal light sources.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi All
My wild theory just became a little less wild.

In 2022 these Ericsson researchers published a paper which according to the Abstract was exploring:

Tamás Borsos
Ericsson Research

Massimo Condoluci
Ericsson Research

Marios Daoutis
Ericsson Research

Péter Hága
Ericsson Research

András Veres
Ericsson Research

“Abstract:Spiking neural networks (SNN) are expected to enable several use-cases in future communication networks (beyond 5G and 6G), as edge AI and battery-constrained systems can leverage the fast computation and high-power efficiency offered by SNNs. In this work we consider a Distributed Wireless SNN (DW-SNN) system and we analyze its performance in terms of inference accuracy and total neural activity when radio losses are applied to spikes transferred during the inference phase. Our aim is to understand how radio losses impact performance when considering different SNN spike communication types, i.e., input, excitatory, and inhibitory spikes. Then we evaluate the impact of different traffic prioritization approaches among SNN spikes when considering a shared channel capacity being available for SNN activity. From these analyses, we derive some key insights and features that can be considered when applying a DW-SNN and handling its traffic over wireless communication systems. Finally, we report a prototype implementation of DW-SNN using custom-built IoT components, which we use to further investigate different coverage scenarios.View less”

Under References they were aware of:

"Prophesee Metavision for Machines", [online] Available: https://www.prophesee.ai/.
Hide Context Google Scholar
In a neuromorphic or event camera [4][5]–[6] each pixel directly feeds corresponding neuron(s) and these neurons emit spikes when the change in light intensity exceeds a predefined threshold [6].
Go To Text

Unfortunately I cannot access the full paper and the Prophesee referenced paper appears to have been removed or blocked.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

Quiltman

Regular
067880B5-80AF-4338-ACF7-5CDE38A04B29.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users
Hi All
My wild theory just became a little less wild.

In 2022 these Ericsson researchers published a paper which according to the Abstract was exploring:

Tamás Borsos
Ericsson Research

Massimo Condoluci
Ericsson Research

Marios Daoutis
Ericsson Research

Péter Hága
Ericsson Research

András Veres
Ericsson Research

“Abstract:Spiking neural networks (SNN) are expected to enable several use-cases in future communication networks (beyond 5G and 6G), as edge AI and battery-constrained systems can leverage the fast computation and high-power efficiency offered by SNNs. In this work we consider a Distributed Wireless SNN (DW-SNN) system and we analyze its performance in terms of inference accuracy and total neural activity when radio losses are applied to spikes transferred during the inference phase. Our aim is to understand how radio losses impact performance when considering different SNN spike communication types, i.e., input, excitatory, and inhibitory spikes. Then we evaluate the impact of different traffic prioritization approaches among SNN spikes when considering a shared channel capacity being available for SNN activity. From these analyses, we derive some key insights and features that can be considered when applying a DW-SNN and handling its traffic over wireless communication systems. Finally, we report a prototype implementation of DW-SNN using custom-built IoT components, which we use to further investigate different coverage scenarios.View less”

Under References they were aware of:

"Prophesee Metavision for Machines", [online] Available: https://www.prophesee.ai/.
Hide Context Google Scholar
In a neuromorphic or event camera [4][5]–[6] each pixel directly feeds corresponding neuron(s) and these neurons emit spikes when the change in light intensity exceeds a predefined threshold [6].
Go To Text

Unfortunately I cannot access the full paper and the Prophesee referenced paper appears to have been removed or blocked.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi All
Less wild is the theory I and others have advanced that MegaChips is working with Morse Micro to add AKIDA technology into their WiFi HaLow chip offering.

This paper from Ericsson also adds weight to the merit of such speculation.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Slade

Top 20
BrainChip DJ
F4863D51-1B78-4D89-A0ED-9CEEB46014E8.jpeg

Pump up the BrainChip, pump it up While the stock's jumpin'
And the value's pumpin'
Look ahead, the charts are thumpin'
Pump it up a little more
Get the bulls on the floor Pump up the BrainChip, pump it up
While the market's boomin'
And the bears are gloomin'
Reach the heights, no room for losin'
Pump it up a little more Get the bulls on the floor

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I got the mushrooms from a little shop in Chinatown and I've lost the receipt.
That's so weird. I got mine from an Asian grocery store in Melbourne and I've lost my receipt too!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Damo4

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
What the hack are you doing here!? No wonder the share price drops please do us a favour oookeeeeeyyy?!?!?!
OK, I don't need to be told twice!!! It'll only be a short run (i.e fast motion walk) around the block though because I have a painful bunion on my left foot and an extremely large corn on my right foot. Back soon!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Rskiff

Regular
OK, I don't need to be told twice!!! It'll only be a short run (i.e fast motion walk) around the block though because I have a painful bunion on my left foot and an extremely large corn on my right foot. Back soon!
Those green boots causing bunions? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

7für7

Regular
We don’t care about your foot… THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THAN YOUR FOOT LADY! Think about all the people here… they counting on you! 😭 😂👌

Edit: for some people maybe I should add , it’s just a joke.. take care! (Maybe they don’t have a sense for irony or sarcasm)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26 users
What's this "Back soon" jive Bravo?

We will pay your Podiatry bills, even a bi-foot transplant, if necessary!

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Hi All
Less wild is the theory I and others have advanced that MegaChips is working with Morse Micro to add AKIDA technology into their WiFi HaLow chip offering.

This paper from Ericsson also adds weight to the merit of such speculation.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Brilliant

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom