• Wow
Reactions: 9 users
IMG_0148.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

krugerrands

Regular
In the last quarterly podcast 21:00 in when talking about strategy and revenue streams.

Sean mentions that in addition to the IP focus, some resources will go in to additional revenue stream models, like the Edge Box and "one other area that we are working on right now"

Anything we know about this "one other area" that is coming this year?

Current revenue models
- IP model ( licensing / royalties )
- Hardware sales / Partnership product ( No IP sale )

I highly doubt there would be any kind of professional services being offered.
That is why we have enablement partners - afaik.

So what other revenue model would there be?

Guess this is just going to be too speculative and will have to wait and see.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

7für7

Regular
The dean and T&J meanwhile some charters who thought it will drop to 25c

1709182335381.gif

Edit: yes I know “Don't praise the racehorse before the race”

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
BrainChip DJ
View attachment 58173
Pump up the BrainChip, pump it up While the stock's jumpin'
And the value's pumpin'
Look ahead, the charts are thumpin'
Pump it up a little more
Get the bulls on the floor Pump up the BrainChip, pump it up
While the market's boomin'
And the bears are gloomin'
Reach the heights, no room for losin'
Pump it up a little more Get the bulls on the floor
Sladeious is in da house.:cool:

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

7für7

Regular
BrainChip DJ
View attachment 58173
Pump up the BrainChip, pump it up While the stock's jumpin'
And the value's pumpin'
Look ahead, the charts are thumpin'
Pump it up a little more
Get the bulls on the floor Pump up the BrainChip, pump it up
While the market's boomin'
And the bears are gloomin'
Reach the heights, no room for losin'
Pump it up a little more Get the bulls on the floor
Meanwhile your bank account when you want to buy BRN shares after spending your whole money into Canada cannabis stocks…

1709183672856.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
A small but very telling point from the the investor presentation (for me anyway)

Total number of Brainchip employees as of 31st December 2023 = 78.
More importantly, total percentage of employees who are engineers 80%

Here we have a real indication of the level of customer support and engagement going on behind closed doors. You do not hire circa 60 engineers just to sit around on the hope that your sales team may bring in some work. We will always have NDA's and contracts that may restrict what can be disclosed. But in my opinion numbers such as these are undeniable indicators as to the level of engagement that is happening right now.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
We don’t care about your foot… THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THAN YOUR FOOT LADY! Think about all the people here… they counting on you! 😭 😂👌

Edit: for some people maybe I should add , it’s just a joke.. take care! (Maybe they don’t have a sense for irony or sarcasm)

Well @7für7, I put my best foot forward (he-he-he!) and took a long walk around the block as promised, but I have to say, it did bugger all to lift the share price and it didn't do much good for my bunion either. It's obvious that the real, meaningful gains have only ever taken place whilst I was off shovelling copious wheel-barrows full of mosquito-ridden mulch at my Mum's place. I better call her and get her to order another 5 cubic meters (40 mm) for delivery for me tomorrow. I know it's for the sake of the collective good, so I'll try to approach it with a modicum of enthusiasm. 🥾🪠

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
WHAT?????!!!

giphy (1).gif

HUMANE PARTNERS SOFTBANK TO TRANSFORM AI EXPERIENCE IN JAPAN​

FEBRUARY 29, 2024• AI, ASIA, NEWS•BY TECHNODE GLOBAL STAFF

Humane Inc has on Thursday revealed plans for a telco partnership with SoftBank Corp.(SoftBank) for the Humane Ai Pin, the first stand-alone Ai device and proprietary Ai-driven OS, CosmOS.
This partnership, as part of a strategic investment opportunity, will see SoftBank become the exclusive telecom provider for Ai Pin in Japan, leveraging SoftBank’s top-class services and compelling customer touchpoints to bring Ai Pin to a new market, the duo said in a statement.
According to the statement, SoftBank and Humane will also explore bringing CosmOS to other mobile devices and be working together on an app-less ecosystem of third-party services and artificial intelligence (AI)-driven user experiences in Japan.
By combining SoftBank’s strong business foundation and broad subscriber base with Humane’s advanced developments in AI, this collaboration will create an entirely new device category and OS offering for the region. It marks a significant advancement in AI technology for Japanese consumers.
“Partnering with SoftBank allows us to bring our vision of more intuitive and seamless AI experiences directly to Japanese consumers,
“This collaboration is a testament to our shared commitment to innovation and to redefining the boundaries of what AI can do for our everyday lives,” said Imran Chaudhri and Bethany Bongiorno, Co-Founders of Humane.
Yoshiaki Adachi, Vice President, Head of Product Division, SoftBank Corp, said the bank has been dedicated to enhancing customer experiences by utilizing AI technologies to facilitate the sustainable growth of their telecommunications business.
“Through our partnership with Humane Inc., we are confident that merging Humane’s AI technology with our expertise in areas like advanced mobile networks, IoT, and Cloud and AI computing holds great potential to enrich people’s daily lives,
“We will continue our efforts to bring AI technology closer to our customers,” he added.
Founded by Imran Chaudhri and Bethany Bongiorno in 2019, Humane is a United States-based firm that is creating the technologies and platforms for the intelligence age.
Their first product, the Humane Ai Pin, enables the consumer to take the power of AI with them everywhere. They have partnered with Microsoft, OpenAI, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and T-Mobile in their mission to deliver the next era of personal mobile computing, which will be one driven by AI.
SoftBank Corp. operates telecommunications and IT businesses in Japan and globally.
By fully harnessing the power of AI, 5G/6G, internet of things (IoT), Digital Twin, Non-Terrestrial Network (NTN) solutions, including High Altitude Platform Station (HAPS)-based stratospheric telecommunications, and other advanced technologies, SoftBank Corp. aims to be “a company that provides next-generation social infrastructure essential to the development of a digital society.”

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

RobjHunt

Regular
What resilience today.

Go forth and multiply 😁

Pantene Peeps 😉

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

krugerrands

Regular
WHAT?????!!!

View attachment 58185

Humane Inc has on Thursday revealed plans for a telco partnership with SoftBank Corp.(SoftBank) for the Humane Ai Pin, the first stand-alone Ai device and proprietary Ai-driven OS, CosmOS.
This partnership, as part of a strategic investment opportunity, will see SoftBank become the exclusive telecom provider for Ai Pin in Japan, leveraging SoftBank’s top-class services and compelling customer touchpoints to bring Ai Pin to a new market, the duo said in a statement.
According to the statement, SoftBank and Humane will also explore bringing CosmOS to other mobile devices and be working together on an app-less ecosystem of third-party services and artificial intelligence (AI)-driven user experiences in Japan.
By combining SoftBank’s strong business foundation and broad subscriber base with Humane’s advanced developments in AI, this collaboration will create an entirely new device category and OS offering for the region. It marks a significant advancement in AI technology for Japanese consumers.
“Partnering with SoftBank allows us to bring our vision of more intuitive and seamless AI experiences directly to Japanese consumers,
“This collaboration is a testament to our shared commitment to innovation and to redefining the boundaries of what AI can do for our everyday lives,” said Imran Chaudhri and Bethany Bongiorno, Co-Founders of Humane.
Yoshiaki Adachi, Vice President, Head of Product Division, SoftBank Corp, said the bank has been dedicated to enhancing customer experiences by utilizing AI technologies to facilitate the sustainable growth of their telecommunications business.
“Through our partnership with Humane Inc., we are confident that merging Humane’s AI technology with our expertise in areas like advanced mobile networks, IoT, and Cloud and AI computing holds great potential to enrich people’s daily lives,
“We will continue our efforts to bring AI technology closer to our customers,” he added.
Founded by Imran Chaudhri and Bethany Bongiorno in 2019, Humane is a United States-based firm that is creating the technologies and platforms for the intelligence age.
Their first product, the Humane Ai Pin, enables the consumer to take the power of AI with them everywhere. They have partnered with Microsoft, OpenAI, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and T-Mobile in their mission to deliver the next era of personal mobile computing, which will be one driven by AI.
SoftBank Corp. operates telecommunications and IT businesses in Japan and globally.
By fully harnessing the power of AI, 5G/6G, internet of things (IoT), Digital Twin, Non-Terrestrial Network (NTN) solutions, including High Altitude Platform Station (HAPS)-based stratospheric telecommunications, and other advanced technologies, SoftBank Corp. aims to be “a company that provides next-generation social infrastructure essential to the development of a digital society.”

Described by Ars Technica as “if Google Glass had a baby with a pager from the 1990s”

So it's a screenless device you pin to your person to record everythin around you with a subscription model that is woken up by physical touch and then you have to talk to interface??
This is then backed by Microsoft/OpenAI services ala ChatGPT4.

Soooo to what degree is this actually on device AI? Think it would have been big news if it actually was.

Looks like there are two parts to this.
Softbank being the carrier in Japan for them launching this device/subscription model there.
Explore Bringing CosmosOS to other devices. ( app-less experience )

My imagination must be lacking since I don't see this replacing mobiles..... paint me a word picture. haha.

Anyway....

Reactions: 3 users
WHAT?????!!!

View attachment 58185

Hi Bravo
I value your efforts and am pretty sure there is a lot of recycled mulch out of Queensland your mum can pick up cheap.

Having read your post about who was investing in Humane I thought I would find out what it actually does and guess what it is a Japanese company set up for the sole purpose of promoting Brainchip and AKIDA technology.

Here is a sample of their work:

“But the pin isn’t immune to the thing that gadgets often do: frustrate the hell out of you. Most of the AI is off-device, so there’s a solid few seconds of waiting for responses to your requests and questions — not helped by the convention center’s spotty connectivity. It also shut down on one occasion after briefly flashing a notice that it had overheated and needed to cool off. The employee demoing the pin for me said that this doesn’t happen very often, and that the continued use of the laser for demonstration purposes probably did it. I believe that, but still, this is a device meant to sit next to your chest and go with you into lots of different environments, presumably including warm ones. Not great!”

I feel much more confident now that I know there working for Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Kozikan

Regular
No.

The deal did not proceed because (Sean’s words) the company laid off thousands of employees.

My best bet is Ericsson as they laid off thousands of employees about the right time.

At least some of researchers in the Ericsson paper I posted worked at the North American branch and still do and have published since these lay offs. Their paper relates to the area of commercial operations targeted in the lay offs and appear on LinkedIn to be still employed up to a couple of weeks ago:

Towards 6G Zero-Energy Internet of Things: Standards, Trends, and Recent Results

T Khan, SNK Veedu, A Rácz, M Afshang… - Authorea …, 2023 - techrxiv.org
… , a neuromorphic AI chip (the Akida neural chip from BrainChip), … @ericsson.com) is a senior researcher at Ericsson Research in … She joined Ericsson in 2018 following her postdoctoral

I believe Sean Heir has subsequently said that the project is not dead. I note also that Nadan Nayampally has mentioned energy harvesting as a use case for AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
👍👍👍👍👍

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users
A small but very telling point from the the investor presentation (for me anyway)

Total number of Brainchip employees as of 31st December 2023 = 78.
More importantly, total percentage of employees who are engineers 80%

Here we have a real indication of the level of customer support and engagement going on behind closed doors. You do not hire circa 60 engineers just to sit around on the hope that your sales team may bring in some work. We will always have NDA's and contracts that may restrict what can be disclosed. But in my opinion numbers such as these are undeniable indicators as to the level of engagement that is happening right now.
This is amazing to have such a focus on design, we will be ubiquitous in all verticals with this company structure, very good indeed.

Reactions: 5 users

McHale

Regular
It's hard to understand why he has taken such a set against BRN. Perhaps he was bitten by an Akita as a child?

10 months ago, he penned the classic "Could Nvidia destroy Brainchip?" in which, clearly having no understanding of what he was copying, he cited Jetson's specs to support his diatribe without bothering to quote the corresponding figures for Akida, preferring to speak slightingly of BRNs claims to have better performance.

He also dubbed Akida 1000 a commercial flop.

No mention of Valeo, Prophesee, Mercedes, Nviso, NASA/Vorago, SiFive, Socionext, Edge Impulse, Renesas, Megachips, ...
He might not like being called dickelboro, 'and the definition of a moron' - he gets slagged off here and at HC to a certain extent - perhaps he's the sensitive type who likes to give it out - but is unable to cop it when it comes back.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users
Top Bottom