BRN Discussion Ongoing

Galaxycar

Regular
Just sayin the against vote was 160million last time, This time it may be 200 plus million they own. Think it may be on the cards that some consortium may want a seat on the board and it may be what all this price rise is about. I admit Brainchip has made leaps and bounds behind the scenes lately and at some stage that will turn to fruit.But you have to look at all possibilities to the current buying.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
Edge box’s.
My following post will demonstrate my lack of memory and retrieval skills from this site but here goes anyway.

My understanding was that when Akida 1000 was made we paid TSMC for the disc to be made and then various samples were used to validate the run and then various demo kits were provided to uni’s etc. This was part of the requirement to prove the idea worked in silicon which it surpassed most expectations. There was obviously a quantity of chips left over ( unknown number of discs made) so the exact number of chips remaining after that first run remains a mystery. We also sold a very limited number of devices on our web page with even some TSE members posting their purchase photos on the system.

So my belief is that the initial lull in take up in our IP model only approach resulted in a desire to show the product in a more user friendly environment and the edge box opportunity presented and allowed the company to maximise the remaining 1000 model chips to be used.

Now I have not seen anything in the financial records or company releases that we have gone back to TSMC and had another run of the 1000 model chips made.

Thus my expectations of edge box sales are not huge.

What is huge is the addition of a tool, cheap one too, that will provide those interested but maybe on the fence or cautions over funds customers to try the tech and play before they commit.

OK those with better research skills and memory shoot me down in flames. (Be kind ❤️)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

skutza

Regular
Just think though. In all of this, BRN is like a tightly wound spring. Here is the list of investors/watchers IMO.
  1. Some totally understand and are waiting for the confirmation.
  2. Some mostly understand the company, what they can achieve but are still a little cautious
  3. Some get that the company has something, they don't exactly know what, but with all the other companies talking and partnering with BRN- well....
  4. Some don't get the whole thing but invest for the hype
  5. Some don't get it and call it a meem stock but keep a close eye, just in case.
The one thing this group of people all have in common is that, if/when that Intel, Nvidia, Mercedes or other really big name take a bite and the link confirmed, well that spring will bust and the Shorters will run for the hills, the investors will want more and the ones sitting on the side-lines will smash it hard.

$2.50 in the first 2 days will be blown away and we'll be still trying to close our mouths at $3. Step by step.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 26 users
Hi All

Just something to weigh against those who criticise the information flow from Brainchip and mock the adherence to NDAs.

It appears Intel also tell their shareholders the same true story.

This being the case why do a certain group who claim a level of knowledge and sophistication about the markets keep screaming the opposite.

I will leave it to you to decide what motivates them:

“Paul Alcorn: Can you address the persistent rumours that IFS is doing packaging work with Nvidia, or for Nvidia?

Stu Pann: I can't. I am aware of the rumour. In this business, especially now, our customers are asking for confidentiality; they don't want to disclose. They will decide when and where they want to disclose and what they'll disclose. I’m not speaking with Nvidia in mind, but just generically – all the customers feel that way. When they're ready to talk, they will talk, and they will let us know when they're going to talk. I would love to be more visible, but I also have to respect what they want to say.”

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 71 users
Haven't see these guys before but they have tracked BRN...the report is from mid last year but good to see the work being done getting noticed.

Short report HERE

Screenshot_2024-02-21-20-09-14-04_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-21-19-59-43-59_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
IMG_20240221_200127.jpg
IMG_20240221_200259.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
Edge box’s.
My following post will demonstrate my lack of memory and retrieval skills from this site but here goes anyway.

My understanding was that when Akida 1000 was made we paid TSMC for the disc to be made and then various samples were used to validate the run and then various demo kits were provided to uni’s etc. This was part of the requirement to prove the idea worked in silicon which it surpassed most expectations. There was obviously a quantity of chips left over ( unknown number of discs made) so the exact number of chips remaining after that first run remains a mystery. We also sold a very limited number of devices on our web page with even some TSE members posting their purchase photos on the system.

So my belief is that the initial lull in take up in our IP model only approach resulted in a desire to show the product in a more user friendly environment and the edge box opportunity presented and allowed the company to maximise the remaining 1000 model chips to be used.

Now I have not seen anything in the financial records or company releases that we have gone back to TSMC and had another run of the 1000 model chips made.

Thus my expectations of edge box sales are not huge.

What is huge is the addition of a tool, cheap one too, that will provide those interested but maybe on the fence or cautions over funds customers to try the tech and play before they commit.

OK those with better research skills and memory shoot me down in flames. (Be kind ❤️)
Hi Earlyrelease

As you know there were two trips to the TSMC Foundry. The first one in 2020 involved fabricating the engineering samples as they were called and for this purpose to save money they shared wafers with others and it was thought that Brainchip possibly received between 3,000 and 7,000 AKD1000 engineering samples. These tested perfectly and in 2021 with some design tweaks to improve efficiency the commercial AKD1000 was produced. We were never advised as to the number of wafers that TSMC produced in this run and no numbers were given for the chips received.

There was a great deal of speculation around how many. Most speculation was centred on the statement by Anil Mankar that they had sent the commercial tapeout to TSMC for 'mass production' of the commercial version of AKD1000. One of the very enterprising members of HC/TSEx contacted TSMC by email asking what they called 'mass production' and received an email stating that a production run of 10 million chips or more was considered to be mass production.

This number was never confirmed by anyone at Brainchip that I am aware nor was it denied nor was any other number stated.

It should be remembered that the commercial AKD1000 was produced at a time when Brainchip was still a chip and IP company and expecting to continue that way into the future.

Accordingly it is not impossible that Brainchip may have had a commercial quantity of AKD1000 produced to achieve economies of scale and to have plenty of product available to service expected demand.

It was also being touted by Peter van der Made at that time that some of this production run would be used to create an AKIDA USB stick for general sale. Anil Mankar spoke about this USB stick at the Ai Field Day and even suggested it would retail, when he was asked by someone in the audience, for about $50 to $60. It was clearly a real plan that was only displaced much later.

At the Meet & Greet I specifically asked Sean Hehir CEO in respect of the VVDN AKIDA Edge Box if they had sufficient AKD1000 chips or if they would need to have another production run and he said words to the effect that no they had plenty of chips that was not an issue.

The above is all from my memory but I hope it assists.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
I wonder whose AI they are using :unsure:

Could've given us a plug at least :LOL:

17/2/2024

Circle8 Integrates the Power of AI to Solve the Global Plastic Crisis​

willie_horton
Business
Rating & reviews (0 reviews)

Share your opinion
Perth, Western Australia – Feb. 6, 2024 –

The amount of plastic products that continue to be dumped in landfills is a global problem. Mark Grogan, owner of Circle8, has harnessed the power of artificial intelligence (AI) for an innovative solution to waste removal and management. It has the ability to disrupt the worldwide plastic crisis and deposit return systems.

Circle8’s unique solution employs smart bins and an integrated data platform to identify waste using ultra-low powered AI. It’s affordable, consumer-centered, and encourages everyone to participate in addressing the ever-growing plastics problem.

Circle8 has designed the next step in green solutions. Data is collected in real-time that provides insights that can then be used to improve sustainability. The company utilizes advanced cybersecurity and privacy protection for all data. The company’s advanced technology is particularly beneficial for container deposit systems.

Despite the social, economic and environmental benefits, many people simply throw plastics with a deposit or that are recyclable in the trash. Only 13 percent of plastic packaging is recycled and approximately 36 percent of plastic drink bottles. When plastics break down, they release microplastics that pollute soil, air and water. Microplastics have been found in humans, pets and wildlife. The company’s unique solution results in better environmental outcomes for people and the planet.

The company’s innovative technology is also an important element of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) that’s an increasingly important aspect for businesses and organizations of all sizes and scopes. The data empowers businesses to manage their imge and effectively plan and implement ESG policies. The innovative approach to waste and its management developed by Circle8 is changing the way people think about plastic trash. The combination of AI and integrated data platform provides the means for everyone to aid in the reduction of plastic pollution in the environment for a healthier planet that also conserves valuable natural resources.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
I wonder whose AI they are using :unsure:

Could've given us a plug at least :LOL:

17/2/2024

Circle8 Integrates the Power of AI to Solve the Global Plastic Crisis​

willie_horton
Business
Rating & reviews (0 reviews)

Share your opinion
Perth, Western Australia – Feb. 6, 2024 –

The amount of plastic products that continue to be dumped in landfills is a global problem. Mark Grogan, owner of Circle8, has harnessed the power of artificial intelligence (AI) for an innovative solution to waste removal and management. It has the ability to disrupt the worldwide plastic crisis and deposit return systems.

Circle8’s unique solution employs smart bins and an integrated data platform to identify waste using ultra-low powered AI. It’s affordable, consumer-centered, and encourages everyone to participate in addressing the ever-growing plastics problem.

Circle8 has designed the next step in green solutions. Data is collected in real-time that provides insights that can then be used to improve sustainability. The company utilizes advanced cybersecurity and privacy protection for all data. The company’s advanced technology is particularly beneficial for container deposit systems.

Despite the social, economic and environmental benefits, many people simply throw plastics with a deposit or that are recyclable in the trash. Only 13 percent of plastic packaging is recycled and approximately 36 percent of plastic drink bottles. When plastics break down, they release microplastics that pollute soil, air and water. Microplastics have been found in humans, pets and wildlife. The company’s unique solution results in better environmental outcomes for people and the planet.

The company’s innovative technology is also an important element of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) that’s an increasingly important aspect for businesses and organizations of all sizes and scopes. The data empowers businesses to manage their imge and effectively plan and implement ESG policies. The innovative approach to waste and its management developed by Circle8 is changing the way people think about plastic trash. The combination of AI and integrated data platform provides the means for everyone to aid in the reduction of plastic pollution in the environment for a healthier planet that also conserves valuable natural resources.

Mark Grogan and Megan Grogan — Founders of Circle.io

Whitehatseo

Whitehatseo
·
Follow
2 min read
·
6 days ago

Listen
In the quest for sustainability, every small step counts. Mark and Megan Grogan, the innovative minds behind Circle.io, are proving this with their revolutionary approach to waste management. Their smart bins are not just receptacles for garbage; they represent a paradigm shift in how we handle waste collection.

The Visionaries Behind Circle.io:

Mark and Megan Grogan, the founders of Circle.io, share a passion for environmental conservation and technological innovation. With backgrounds in engineering and entrepreneurship, they combined their expertise to tackle one of the world’s pressing challenges: waste management.

Introducing Circle.io Smart Bins:

Circle.io’s smart bins are not your average waste receptacles. Equipped with cutting-edge sensors and IoT technology, these bins are capable of monitoring waste levels in real-time, optimizing collection routes, and even alerting authorities when they need servicing. This intelligent system not only streamlines waste collection processes but also reduces operational costs and carbon emissions associated with inefficient collection routes.

The Environmental Impact:

By optimizing waste collection routes, Circle.io smart bins minimize the carbon footprint of traditional collection methods. Additionally, their real-time monitoring capabilities ensure that bins are emptied only when necessary, reducing unnecessary trips and fuel consumption. This efficiency not only benefits the environment but also contributes to cost savings for municipalities and waste management companies.

Empowering Communities:

Mark and Megan Grogan envision Circle.io smart bins as more than just a technological solution; they are tools for community empowerment. By providing municipalities and businesses with the means to manage waste more efficiently, Circle.io helps communities take control of their environmental impact. Furthermore, the data collected by these bins can inform policy decisions and drive sustainable initiatives at the local level.

A Sustainable Future:

In a world grappling with environmental challenges, solutions like Circle.io smart bins offer a glimmer of hope. By harnessing the power of technology, Mark Groganand Megan Grogan are demonstrating that sustainability and innovation can go hand in hand. Their commitment to making a difference, one smart bin at a time, is inspiring individuals and organizations worldwide to rethink their approach to waste management.

Conclusion:

Mark and Megan Grogan, the masterminds behind Circle.io, are proving that small changes can have a big impact. Their smart bins are not only revolutionizing waste collection but also paving the way for a more sustainable future. By combining their passion for environmental conservation with innovative technology, they are empowering communities to take control of their waste management practices. As we continue to face environmental challenges, the work of visionaries like the Grogans serves as a beacon of hope, reminding us that with ingenuity and determination, we can build a better world for future generations.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Earlyrelease

As you know there were two trips to the TSMC Foundry. The first one in 2020 involved fabricating the engineering samples as they were called and for this purpose to save money they shared wafers with others and it was thought that Brainchip possibly received between 3,000 and 7,000 AKD1000 engineering samples. These tested perfectly and in 2021 with some design tweaks to improve efficiency the commercial AKD1000 was produced. We were never advised as to the number of wafers that TSMC produced in this run and no numbers were given for the chips received.

There was a great deal of speculation around how many. Most speculation was centred on the statement by Anil Mankar that they had sent the commercial tapeout to TSMC for 'mass production' of the commercial version of AKD1000. One of the very enterprising members of HC/TSEx contacted TSMC by email asking what they called 'mass production' and received an email stating that a production run of 10 million chips or more was considered to be mass production.

This number was never confirmed by anyone at Brainchip that I am aware nor was it denied nor was any other number stated.

It should be remembered that the commercial AKD1000 was produced at a time when Brainchip was still a chip and IP company and expecting to continue that way into the future.

Accordingly it is not impossible that Brainchip may have had a commercial quantity of AKD1000 produced to achieve economies of scale and to have plenty of product available to service expected demand.

It was also being touted by Peter van der Made at that time that some of this production run would be used to create an AKIDA USB stick for general sale. Anil Mankar spoke about this USB stick at the Ai Field Day and even suggested it would retail, when he was asked by someone in the audience, for about $50 to $60. It was clearly a real plan that was only displaced much later.

At the Meet & Greet I specifically asked Sean Hehir CEO in respect of the VVDN AKIDA Edge Box if they had sufficient AKD1000 chips or if they would need to have another production run and he said words to the effect that no they had plenty of chips that was not an issue.

The above is all from my memory but I hope it assists.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi FF,

If memory serves, a couple of those tweaks after customers had tested the engineering samples included a change from 1-bit to 4-bit weights and activations to improve accuracy, and CNN2SNN so customer "legacy" models could be converted for use on Akida, basically adding backward compatibility.

PvdM's White paper "4 bits are Enough" was produced after the big boys started talking about standardizing model size, settling on 8 bits. Hence Akida 2 uses 8 bits for the input and output interfaces, but runs 4 bits internally, and can step back to lower power 1 bit or 2 bit operation if lower precision is acceptable.

https://brainchip.com/4-bits-are-enough/

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
FF
I thank you for the benefit of your gift and I am now excited on both fronts as the number available to sell whilst still unknown is greater than my expectations so happy days

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Looks like Huawei on the bandwagon too.

Just need one of these tech behemoths out there to publicly say...you know what...BRN, you can save us sheetload of R&D time and $ so here's a signature :)

HUAWEI RESEARCH CENTER ZÜRICH

Research Engineer in Neuromorphic and Neuro-inspired Computing Algorithms​

If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s European Research Institute together with a multicultural team of leading researchers, this is the right opportunity for you!​

Apply for this job

Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to sound operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a Better Connected World.
Our Huawei Zurich Research Center is embedded in the European network and plays a pivotal role in driving innovation. The research work of our Labs is carried out not only by Huawei's internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe. .
The Neuromorphic Computing Research Lab is in charge of incubating and developing cutting-edge Computing and AI technologies. Neuromorphic and Brain-Inspired Computing will play a key role in the next generation AI.
More specifically, the Lab conducts research and development on cutting edge Neuro-inspired Computing Algorithms/Materials, including but not limited to brain-mimetic algorithms design, neuromorphic computing elements, spiking neural networks, their training and optimal topology, distributed intelligent agents, knowledge representation and learning algorithms, algorithm optimization and acceleration, multi-modal learning.
For our Neuromorphic and Neuro-inspired Computing Research Lab in Zurich, we are looking for a high caliber:
Research Engineer in Neuromorphic and Neuro-inspired Computing Algorithms

Responsibilities

• Research on Neuro-inspired computing and learning frameworks, key technologies and industry best practices;
  • Research and develop architectures and learning algorithms for next generation AI tools and applications;
  • Keep up to date with the latest research literature, attend conferences, and learn continuously to stay on the forefront of research
  • Work closely with a multidisciplinary team inside Huawei for integrated solutions;
  • Develop patents and publish academic articles in top venues (NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, …);

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

IMG_8443.jpeg

Space Machines Company: When the stars align​

A meeting between the CEO of a space start-up and a UTS Director led to a mutually beneficial collaboration that will forever alter the way the Australian space industry works.​

The commercialisation of the Australian space sector is light years away from where it was just three years ago.
It was around then that UTS Tech Lab Director of Business Development Roger Kermode first met with Australian high-tech start-up Space Machines Company (SMC) CEO Rajat Kulshrestha who shared a vision to build a business capable of inspecting, repairing, relocating, servicing, upgrading and disposing of spacecraft to create a more sustainable space industry.
The timing of the meeting coincided with the announcement by the previous Federal Government that it aimed to triple the national space economy from AU$4 billion to AU$12 billion and create 20,000 jobs by 2030. The State Government of the day argued NSW was best placed “economically, politically and geographically” to maximise the benefits to business from this new space era.
Space-Machines-Optimus-OSV-Spacecraft-scaled-1.jpg

SPACE MACHINES COMPANY OPTIMUS SPACECRAFT

Yet while SMC’s pathway was clear, it became obvious that its dual goals of technological advancement and commercial viability would require a supporting partner with access to academic and technical expertise as well as cutting-edge facilities, equipment and workshop facilities.
The collaboration unfolded in sync with UTS’s strategic initiative to amplify investment in industry partnerships, particularly by establishing innovation precincts tailored to fulfill the requirements of NSW’s broader innovation strategy. The strategic initiative seeks to cultivate best-practice research models, fostering a dynamic culture of collaboration and innovation within the university and its partner networks.
Previously, siloed thinking paired with a reluctance to collaborate between universities and industry meant many industry players viewed Australia’s tertiary providers primarily as a source of talent rather than places to further develop and commercialise technology.
But UTS Tech Lab’s very purpose was to highlight what could be achieved when industry and universities partnered to push boundaries and achieve groundbreaking outcomes.
Having discerned SMC’s individual needs, UTS Tech Lab was able to develop an innovation ecosystem that saw SMC provided with access to state-of-the-art equipment that would otherwise have to be rented or purchased.
As a direct result of this new approach to collaboration with industry, UTS Tech Lab constructed a bespoke facility on campus where the design and fitout were detailed specifically to accommodate SMC’s next generation of satellites. Like-minded partners and suppliers were actively recruited to become neighbours and enable an innovation ecosystem built around the lab and clean room occupied by SMC.
UTS Tech Lab’s academic team was approached with the opportunity to work alongside SMC to undertake the advanced vibration testing of their satellites at Tech Lab necessary to qualify them for launch. Tech Lab’s Multi-Axial-Simulation-Table (MAST) was utilised to undertake a static load test on SMC’s ‘Optimus’ spacecraft where it successfully mimicked launch conditions ahead of the upcoming SpaceX Transporter 10 rideshare launch.
Typically designed to simulate earthquakes rather than simulating the constant load of 12-plus g-force that occurs during launch, the bespoke test was designed to simulate the launch load and can now be used to test satellites for future missions.
SMC-UTS-Vibration-Test-2023.jpg

Image (L-R): Assoc Prof Ben Halkon, Peter Brown (UTS Senior Project Engineer) , Paul Hilton (SMC Mission Manager), Murali Shan (SMC Mechanical Engineer), Kenny Ng (SMC Manufacturing Engineer)
Rajat Kulsrestha, Space Machines Company CEO, says having the opportunity to forge such a close and constructive collaboration with UTS Tech Lab put a rocket under SMC’s program to launch Optimus.
It was fantastic to be able to develop our program out of UTS Tech Lab’s top class, purpose-built facility and have the exposure to the exceptional expertise of their people at the heart of their innovation ecosystem, Rajat says. The collaboration was a critical factor in getting our spacecraft through the rigorous pre-launch testing to be ready for deployment.
With the collaboration now in its third year, UTS Tech Lab and SMC are working together to complete a shared use facility for manufacturing and testing of larger satellites of up to 500kg, nearly twice the 270kg Optimus payload.
The facility will have the ability to be used by groups both inside UTS and out – including other universities and companies – as a means of sharing operating and maintenance costs and generating outcomes that would otherwise be impossible.
Dr Roger Kermode, UTS Faculty of Engineering and IT Director of Business Development, says there are other ways UTS Tech Lab is helping industry to push into new frontiers and achieve groundbreaking outcomes well beyond the use of loaned facilities and equipment.
In addition to creating new jobs and new research opportunities for researchers, forging closer relationships with industry partners also provides a host of internship and graduate opportunities for students, he says.
Currently, over 20 per cent of SMC employees come from UTS and SMC is now on the cusp of effecting a critical step change to the Australian space industry when at full capacity will result in flying at least three to four missions per year and having a permanent presence in space, he says.
We know that SMC needs the right sorts of employees, trained the right way to meet their needs. By working closely with Space Machines team to create internships and capstone projects we unlock the means for SMC to identify interested students and give them a trial run on a project that is low cost to [the business] and allows the student to work in interesting areas that both gain the academic credit and also the chance to impress a future employer.

This dramatically increases the opportunities for Australian space companies to fly their payloads. We will have a genuine sovereign space industry that our nascent space supply chain companies can use to deliver payloads into and in which students can embark on space-related studies confident that they will have a have a meaningful high-value job waiting for them upon graduation.
Roger Kermode, UTS Engineering & IT Director of Business Development.
UTS Tech Lab Director, Professor Robert Fitch says the partnership with SMC exemplifies the core principles guiding Tech Lab’s approach to industry collaboration and a prime example of what can be achieved when universities and industry are open to capturing the value from the IP they each generate while working together to achieve the best outcome.
“The whole of these sorts of collaborations is so much bigger than the sum of its parts,” Professor Fitch says. “The ripple effect is enormous, with positive outcomes cascading throughout Tech Lab and Space Machines Company in particular and Australia’s fledging space industry in general which it is helping to establish for generations to

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8444.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Very insightful information via a video in link

Enabling the AI Infrastructure on Arm​

By Mohamed Awad, SVP and GM of the Infrastructure Business, Arm
Artificial Intelligence (AI)Cloud ComputingCompany News
arm-neoverse-launch24-1600x900-1-1400x788.jpg

News Highlights​

• Announcing two new Arm Neoverse Compute Subsystems (CSS) built on brand new third generation Neoverse IP:
    • Arm Neoverse CSS V3, the first Neoverse CSS product for the high-performance V-series portfolio with a 50% performance-per-socket improvement over CSS N2
    • Arm Neoverse CSS N3, an extension of our leading N-series CSS roadmap, delivering 20% higher performance-per-watt compared to CSS N2
  • Arm Total Design ecosystem grows to more than 20 members in just four months, and is delivering SoC and chiplet designs across three leading foundries
Arm has built the world’s most pervasive compute architecture and we’ve led many of the technology revolutions that impact the day-to-day lives of people everywhere.
It’s amazing to think that right now, we are doing it again.
From the smallest sensor to the largest data center, the world is embracing AI. Whether it is happening in education, employment, manufacturing, healthcare or transportation – AI is happening on Arm.
Within infrastructure, commodity general-purpose CPUs are no longer sufficient. We are seeing technology giants like AWS, Microsoft and NVIDIA re-design and optimize their entire stack, from silicon to software and systems, to meet the performance, efficiency and ultimately TCO requirements of this demanding new workload.
We’re incredibly proud that industry leaders have chosen Arm Neoverse as the foundation for the world’s AI aspirations. It’s a testament to our technical leadership, the freedom we give partners to innovate and the strength of our ecosystem. Arm is unique in the industry because we bring these things together – technology, flexibility, and ecosystem – in a way that nobody else can.
It’s for these reasons that I am so excited to introduce the next chapter in the Arm Neoverse journey.
Today we are announcing the best generation of Neoverse technology yet. First, we are extending our Neoverse Compute Subsystems (CSS)roadmap with new N-series IP that takes performance efficiency to the next level. Neoverse CSS N3 achieves an impressive 20% higher performance-per-watt compared to Neoverse CSS N2. In addition, we are also bringing compute subsystems to our performance-focused V-series product line for the first time. The new Neoverse CSS V3 is based on all-new Neoverse V3 IP and delivers a whopping 50% performance-per-socket improvement over our previous Neoverse CSS offerings.
Arm Neoverse CSS are a game changer. They are optimized, integrated, and verified platforms which bring together the key technologies that make up the heart of an SoC. With Neoverse CSS we have created the perfect starting point for partners looking to prioritize differentiation, SoC optimization and an accelerated time to market. And because Arm engages with our partners at a fundamentally deeper level than any other compute vendor in the industry, Neoverse CSS are specifically designed to maximize TCO for the workloads that matter most and deliver support for key new technologies like chiplets.
The results speak for themselves. Neoverse CSS are being adopted across the industry by everyone from hyperscalers to startups and in applications as diverse as cloud compute, networking, data center infrastructure and even AI. Microsoft Cobalt is just one example of a shipping product based on Neoverse CSS.
We’re not stopping there. Arm knows that one of our strongest assets is our ecosystem, so to further enable partners to deliver customized solutions quickly, and successfully, we introduced Arm Total Design. Arm Total Design is an ecosystem of partners committed to the frictionless delivery of custom SoCs based on Neoverse CSS. In the last few months, Arm Total Design has brought together partners from across the technology landscape who are investing alongside us.
Today we are proud to announce that Arm Total Design has expanded to include over 20 partners, all committed to ensuring broad accessibility of performant, efficient solutions that will help meet the computing demands of an AI-accelerated future. These partners are already working together on everything from verifying IP, and customizing firmware, through to building chiplets on the world’s most advanced process nodes – all using Neoverse CSS.
We are even leveraging feedback from the Arm Total Design ecosystem to shape our recently announced Chiplet System Architecture (CSA). CSA begins the journey of defining what a robust interchangeable chiplet ecosystem will look like.
From delivering the foundational compute platforms that are enabling more innovation than ever before, to providing software ecosystem leadership to more than 50K companies deploying critical workloads, the Arm Neoverse story is an exciting one. With a continuing commitment from the largest players in technology, to systems, software and silicon – all built on Neoverse – it’s clear that Arm is consistently at the heart of solving the world’s most complex compute challenges. We are committed to delivering the technology, innovation and ecosystem required so that together, we will make the promise of AI a reality.
Additional Resources:
  • Read more about the new Neoverse S3 system IP here.

Author

By Mohamed Awad, SVP and GM of the Infrastructure Business, Arm

IMG_8445.jpeg

IMG_8446.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
1000001164.png

Us.. just sitting in the IP section in front of everyone.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 93 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
46000 followers, nice promotion

IMG_8447.jpeg

BrainChip Opens Pre-Orders for Its Brain-Inspired Neuromorphic Akida Edge AI Box at $799​

Packing a quad-core NXP i.MX 8M Plus and a two-chip Akida accelerator, the Akida Edge AI Box promises power-efficient on-device operations.​

ghalfacree
less than a minute ago • Machine Learning & AI /HW101

image_6cbi5HU0ca.png

Edge artificial intelligence (AI) specialist BrainChip has opened pre-orders for its Akida Edge AI Box, built in partnership with VVDN Technologies, which provides a compact and relatively low-cost way to experiment with the Akida neuromorphic processor.
"The Akida Edge AI Box is ideally suited to provide the low latency and high throughput processing with ultra-low power consumption — a necessity for the next generation of smart edge devices," claims BrainChip chief executive officer Sean Hehir of the company's design. "We are excited to officially launch pre-orders of the Akida Edge AI Box and bring this groundbreaking technology to market to empower customers in developing and deploying intelligent, secure and customized devices and services for multi-sensor environments in real time."
image_TLABxN8orv.png
BrainChip's Akida Edge AI Box is now up for pre-order, after its unveiling at the Consumer Electronics Show in January. (📷: BrainChip)
The Akida Edge Box was teased back in December last year, with the promise it would be shown off at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January. While BrainChip, and its partner in the project VVDN Technologies, promised an affordable device which would unlock wider access to BrainChip's neuromorphic processor technology, pricing and specifications were not detailed — until now.
The Akida Edge Box, BrainChip has confirmed, is based around an NXP i.MX 8M Plus system-on-chip with four 64-bit Arm Cortex-A53 processors running at up to 1.8GHz and a graphics processor delivering a claimed six giga-floating-point-operations per second (GFLOPS) of compute. To this, the company has connected a dual-chip PCI Express accelerator using two of the company's Akida AKD1000 neuromorphic processors — based on the company's first Akida generation and lacking features, like temporal event-based neural nets (TENNs) and vision transformer (ViT) support, introduced in its second-generation design.
image_Liwn8zRoOd.png
The machine features an NXP i.MX 8M Plus quad-core system-on-chip and a dual-processor Akida AKD1000 accelerator. (📷: BrainChip)
Elsewhere on the board is a USB 3.0 Type-A port and a micro-USB port for flashing and debug, a single HDMI output, 4GB of LPDDR4 memory, 32GB of eMMC storage plus micro-SDXC expansion up to 1TB, dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity, and two gigabit Ethernet ports — available, the company explains, to connect an external camera, which is not included in the bundle. Everything is housed in a compact chassis which doubles as a passive heatsink, accepting a 12V DC input for power.
On the software front, BrainChip promises an operating system built around Linux 6.1 and a set of edge AI applications which will run out-of-the-box to put its Akida technology through its paces —details of which, however, it says are still being finalized with VVDN.
The Akida Edge AI Box is available to pre-order on the BrainChip shop for $799, with shipment expected "by mid-year 2024."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

cosors

👀
Screenshot_2024-02-21-18-38-17-80_7d6541707e0ad471ad1a839839bd7d1b.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 73 users

CHIPS

Regular
Happy Birthday CHIPS 🥳🎉