BRN Discussion Ongoing

SiDEvans

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

goodvibes

Regular
Yes, now we still have to find a connection to Mercedes.

The Socionext 60GHz RF CMOS sensor has features and capabilities to support multiple in-cabin uses, including seat occupancy monitoring, child presence detection, and theft prevention.

Advanced AI Solutions for Automotive
Socionext has partnered with artificial intelligence provider BrainChip to develop optimized, intelligent sensor data solutions based on Brainchip's Akida® processor IP.

It’s funny…MB talking about child presence detection.

1708459166996.png

1708459110609.png

1708459216954.png

1708459195402.png

1708459240582.png

1708459260017.png

Safety is our top priority, especially when it comes to the youngest passengers. To mitigate the risk of children being left in the vehicle, MB.OS, which comes with the upcoming CLA, will facilitate a sophisticated networking of all the vehicle systems necessary for Child Presence Detection (CPD).

Based on more than 20 system interfaces, CPD activates when it detects a child through their distinctive breathing pattern. The sensors are so sensitive, they can even pick up a sleeping newborn baby. The process starts with a gentle reminder as soon as the car is turned off and escalates if the driver leaves and locks the vehicle with a child still inside.

Once CPD is triggered, frequent alerts are sent to all smartphones connected to the car’s Mercedes me account. If the cabin temperature increases, the air conditioning turns on and an acoustic signal and flashing exterior lights try to alert anyone nearby. The final escalation stage notifies the Mercedes-Benz SOS call centre and can automatically alert emergency services and even unlock the doors.

This is just one example of how MB.OS will provide important and advanced safety features for our customers in the future. I’d love to read your ideas on how to make it even better in the comments

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
View attachment 57332

Press Release

Samsung Electronics Collaborates With Arm on Optimized Next Gen Cortex-X CPU Using Samsung Foundry’s Latest GAA Process Technology​

Samsung Electronics Collaborates With Arm on Optimized Next Gen Cortex-X CPU Using Samsung Foundry’s Latest GAA Process Technology
Open layer
Collaboration accelerates access to newest Arm CPU,
enabling new class of SoCs with Generative AI capabilities

SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb 20, 2024 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced that it will deliver the next generation Arm® Cortex™-X CPU optimized on Samsung Foundry’s latest Gate-All-Around (GAA) process technology. This initiative is built on years of partnership with millions of devices shipped with Arm CPU intellectual property (IP) on various process nodes offered by Samsung Foundry.
This collaboration sets the stage for a series of announcements and planned innovation between Samsung and Arm. The companies have bold plans to reinvent 2-nanometer (nm) GAA for next-generation data center and infrastructure custom silicon, as well as a groundbreaking AI chiplet solution that will revolutionize the future generative artificial intelligence (AI) mobile computing market.
“As we continue into the Gen AI era, we are excited to extend our partnership with Arm to deliver the next generation Cortex-X CPU, enabling our mutual customers to create innovative products,” said Jongwook Kye, executive vice president and head of Foundry Design Platform Development at Samsung Electronics. “Both Samsung and Arm have built a solid foundation from many years of collaboration. This unprecedented level of deep design technology co-optimization has resulted in a ground-breaking accomplishment, providing access to the newest Cortex-CPU on the latest GAA process node.”
“Our longstanding collaboration with Samsung has delivered multi-generation, leading-edge innovation,” said Chris Bergey, SVP and GM of the Client Business of Arm Inc. “Optimizing Cortex-X and Cortex-A processors on the latest Samsung process node underscores our shared vision to redefine what’s possible in mobile computing, and we look forward to continuing to push boundaries to meet the relentless performance and efficiency demands of the AI era.”
Samsung announced its initial production of 3nm Multi-Bridge-Channel FET (MBCFET™), based on Samsung’s GAA technology in 2022. GAA technology allows further device scaling beyond the FinFET generation, improving power efficiency with reduced supply voltage level, and enhanced performance with higher drive current capability. The GAA implementation approach with nanosheets structure delivers maximum design flexibility and scalability.
Designed with Samsung’s next generation GAA process node, Arm delivered the optimized newest Cortex-X CPU with additional performance and efficiency improvements to take the user experience to the next level.
With continuous pressure to have products delivered on time, it is paramount to ensure first-time-right silicon with the most competitive power, performance, area (PPA) attributes. Design and manufacturing can no longer be optimized separately. From the very beginning, both the Samsung and Arm teams embraced design-technology co-optimization (DTCO), which has been a critical factor to maximize the PPA benefits for both the next generation Cortex-X CPU design architecture and GAA process technology.
Generative AI is a key growth driver for a new wave of products that offer a superior user experience. Through this collaboration, Samsung and Arm are accelerating access to the optimized implementation of the next generation Cortex-X CPU on Samsung’s latest GAA process technology, enabling the next generation of product innovations with industry leading performance.
Fingers crossed that we are involved

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

TECH

Regular
Excellent promotional page on the company's website.

Let the pre-orders roll in, and I'm for one guessing they will be overwhelmed with the interest in this new product,
I'd also be as bold to say that Nvidia's Edge Box is about to be superseded by the future, congratulations to Peter, Anil
and all involved, obviously including VVDN Technology, oh and don't let me forget to get a plug in for the star of the show

AKD 1000 :geek:

19 hours to go before IFS Connect 2024 kicks off !

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

A report from wevolver on autonomous vehicles but too big to copy over so link attached.

1708462615763.png

edit: was on phone before and too hard to read it all but a word search and no AKIDA, BRAINCHIP or SNN mentioned.

edit edit: I still haven’t read it all and it won’t allow me to copy and paste but the document is very interesting in showing where we can be utilised within EV’s and all the sensors involved in modern vehicles. There is also a very interesting interview with Nvidia discussing their involvement in Vehicles and they discuss DNN’s. They also discuss entering health fields to assist in detecting cancers etc which is again right up our alley.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
I can´t open your first link
also can't find anything related to Tachyum and Brainchip, where did you get that from?
Hi Sirod69,

I screenshots the Linkin post at 3am this morning, it seems that the post has been removed.

Learning 🪴

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users
Fingers crossed that we are involved
This part sounds promising and could reveal, the long anticipated association with Samsung.

"This collaboration sets the stage for a series of announcements and planned innovation between Samsung and Arm. The companies have bold plans to reinvent 2-nanometer (nm) GAA for next-generation data center and infrastructure custom silicon, as well as a groundbreaking AI chiplet solution that will revolutionize the future generative artificial intelligence (AI) mobile computing market"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode

Open for business.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

cosors

👀
If as you say @Tuliptrader, that BRN "are one of the very few companies asked to demonstrate at this Intel event in front of the leaders of these titans of the global tech industry", then yes, it could have significant implications for BRN.

Right at the moment I am waiting to see an announcement regarding a new significant holder (so someone or other who now holds over 5% of SOI) or an announcement regarding an already significant holder who has increased their holding, which could be a number of entities in the top 20 holders.

I haven't done the numbers exactly, but if you said that over the last 10 trading days that BRN has averaged 50 million shares traded each day (off the top of my head i think that is conservative) then we have have 500,000,000 shares traded minimum, which is well over 25% (and perhaps up to 30%) of BRN SOI. A big turnover in a short time, we haven't had this type of volume since early 2022, so of course there has been much speculation about who/what the buyer(s) is or are,

There is also the pump and dump perspective, but I don't think that is so on this occasion, there is something else afoot, I should add that I am strongly of the view that a takeover, hostile or otherwise, is an outcome that would be as bad as I could imagine, I have never spoken about it and I don't like even considering the idea, and after being here going on 9 years is way beyond unpalatable, although it is a possibility.

Under ASX constant disclosure rules we should be informed very soon if there is a change in "significant holdings", I am inclined to think someone has taken or increased a position (most likely insto), but I don't think that entity will have been buying above say 25c to 27c. The large scale buying by this insto entity has most likely stimulated a fair bit of FOMO retail buying, then we will have the algo trading bots who will have been trading the price up (70% of price action on global bourses is now catalyzed by bots), we will also have instos buying call options to take advantage of the sudden price increase, as well as your normal day trading retailers.

Then you also have the Mums and Dads, there are many retail investors who know about BRN now - we have been on the ASX 200, and a lot of those types will likely have been buying into the 30c and up range.

The buyer may have also been a larger tech industry buyer taking a position, I have no idea who that might be, however Nvidia have a lot of money to throw around at the moment and it is well known they have been buying into some smaller tech companies in the States, so that is another possibility.

Given the growth of BRNs eco-system (that we know of) and the many other interconnections with some very large players in the tech space within the BRN eco system, the fact that several companies have now said that they will have product with Akida inside there is now enough solid information for an insto or other entity to take a place here. Many instos and traders buy or sell on technicals, however there will certainly be instos here in Australia (and I now suspect in US and Europe, not to mention India Japan and Korea) who would now be aware of the BRN story.

It is further interesting that BRN will be holding a webinar next week, just a few days after this Intel event, perhaps the timing is more than a meagre coincidence, as Tuliptrader says this could be a significant exposure opportunity for BRN.

Then there is the chart, I put it up the other day, the trend channel goes back over 2 years, it envelopes over 75% of price action over that 2 year period, but it also encloses virtually 100% of price action for 2023. I only drew this trend channel recently (I don't do TA on BRN much lately), but as soon as I drew those descending lines on the chart I realized their significance from a technical perspective, because what is happening is BRN has broken through and is no longer ruled by that 2 year channel. It has also broken out in an impulsive fashion on very strong volume - even better is the fact that the breakout is very much in alignment with a palpable .............more below chart.............. View attachment 57324 growing/evolving fundamental story which looks like the catalyst for the launch platform. This is a simple chart, but for me it is a thing of great beauty and potential (the last 2 years have been a drag and this decline has been far more protracted than I had imagined), I haven't done any Elliott Wave analysis (EW also works better for companies that are ongoing revenue earners, pre revenue companies are overly volatile), but will post along those lines as this upward wave matures some more.
You're a 'machine' and I really appreciate your contributions! Even if you trigger a fear in me. But why should anyone look away. I hope that never happens.
Anyway, BRN as a whole is worth so much/less that Nvidia and co could make it out of their coffee money.
A question for all of you: Can one of you clearly post the rules for a takeover here? Over the long time there has been a statement here and there, but never anything clear that gave me orientation. I would just like to better understand such a scenario, hostile and friendly. If the answer has already been posted here at TSE I would be grateful for a hint.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

A8kr1

BrainChip Begins Accepting Pre-Orders of the Akida Edge AI Box​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – February 20, 2024 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI, today re-opened its product shopping portal and will be accepting pre-orders of its recently announced Akida Edge AI Box. The Akida™ powered Edge AI box is expected to help customers accelerate high-performance AI applications at the Edge in challenging environments where energy-efficiency is essential and cloud connectivity is not guaranteed.

Built in collaboration with VVDN Technologies, the Akida Edge AI Box is designed to meet the demanding needs of retail and security, Smart City, automotive, transportation and industrial applications. The device combines a powerful quad-core CPU platform with Akida AI accelerators to provide a huge boost in AI performance. The compact, light Edge box is cost- effective and versatile with built in ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, HD display support, extensible storage, and USB interfaces. BrainChip and VVDN are finalizing the set of AI applications that will run out of the box. With the ability to personalize and learn on device, the box can be customized per application and per user without the need for cloud support, enhancing privacy and security.

“The Akida Edge AI Box is ideally suited to provide the low latency and high throughput processing with ultra-low power consumption – a necessity for the next generation of smart Edge devices,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “We are excited to officially launch pre- orders of the Akida Edge AI Box and bring this groundbreaking technology to market to empower customers in developing and deploying intelligent, secure and customized devices and services for multi-sensor environments in real time.”

The Akida Edge AI Box starts at $799 and can be pre-ordered by visiting https://shop.brainchipinc.com/.
This should be announced via the ASX as it’s a commercial product with a $$ amount

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
I’m kicking back enjoying a holiday , watching the waves roll in at Rainbow bay .

Having a moment reflecting on the accomplishments of this Company over the last 2 years .

It’s easy ( well for me ) to get lost in what’s been achieved in such a short time in one of the most competitive industries in the world.

There’s many standout achievements, when Sean came onboard & put in place a more focused direction in building an ecosystem of partnerships was a brilliant point of difference that he noted early & acted on !

It’s an outstanding performance in such a short time frame , one that I didn’t truly appreciate the importance of when first mentioned .

All the big tech company’s have numerous partnerships & we now stand as an equal & very soon in my opinion we will arrive on the world stage as the next big thing .

Excitiment is building

IMG_8439.jpeg

IMG_8433.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users
  • Love
  • Fire

albycam

Emerged
@Diogenese - Jem Davis has turned up as lead NED at Literal- Labs AI - https://www.literal-labs.ai they are making some pretty aggressive claims on power saving.. If you have time would you care to comment on this ....

"Literal Labs applies a streamlined and efficient approach to AI that is faster, explainable, and up to 10,000X more energy efficient than today’s neural networks. Similar to NNs in that customers train a dataset, Literal Labs trains Tsetlin machine models specific to customer datasets. Our approach results in an optimised machine model that is then deployed onto the target hardware. The Tsetlin machine model can be deployed as software only or can be accelerated using Literal Labs accelerators. Our benchmarking shows we can achieve 250X faster inferencing than XG Boost using software only, and up to 1,000X faster and up to 10,000X less energy consumption when using hardware acceleration. The company was spun out of Newcastle University by world leaders in Tsetlin machine Dr. Alex Yakovlev and Dr. Rishad Shafik, and led by former Arm CPU division VP and semiconductor startup founder Noel Hurley. "

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

BrainShit

Regular
This should be announced via the ASX as it’s a commercial product with a $$ amount
They did... in Sep 2023. And the Edge Box is at least a quarter late.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240220_223933_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_223933_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
@Diogenese - Jem Davis has turned up as lead NED at Literal- Labs AI - https://www.literal-labs.ai they are making some pretty aggressive claims on power saving.. If you have time would you care to comment on this ....

"Literal Labs applies a streamlined and efficient approach to AI that is faster, explainable, and up to 10,000X more energy efficient than today’s neural networks. Similar to NNs in that customers train a dataset, Literal Labs trains Tsetlin machine models specific to customer datasets. Our approach results in an optimised machine model that is then deployed onto the target hardware. The Tsetlin machine model can be deployed as software only or can be accelerated using Literal Labs accelerators. Our benchmarking shows we can achieve 250X faster inferencing than XG Boost using software only, and up to 1,000X faster and up to 10,000X less energy consumption when using hardware acceleration. The company was spun out of Newcastle University by world leaders in Tsetlin machine Dr. Alex Yakovlev and Dr. Rishad Shafik, and led by former Arm CPU division VP and semiconductor startup founder Noel Hurley. "
I can't say anything about their tech, but their aggressive claims mean nothing.

"up to 1,000X faster and up to 10,000X less energy consumption"

The "up to" part is a widely used marketing/promotional gimic, like when you go to a sale, that says "Up to 70% off" and the only thing you can find, marked off that much, is something nobody wants..

10 x better, is still "up to" 10000 times.

Without context, their words mean nothing.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking

cosors

👀
Yes, I also like these superlatives when they come from others. For repetition because it's so nice just before the IFS:

ARM:
Arm’s Cortex-M coupled with BrainChip’s Akida delivers unparalleled system performance.
https://armkeil.blob.core.windows.net/developer/Files/pdf/ai-ecosystem-catalogue/BrainChip_Arm-AI-Partner-Solution-Brief-Template-1.pdf

U - nrivaled
U - nparalleled
U - biquitous

Akida is so uuu!

CPU.
Wait a minute @Dio. ...any ARM CPU ... architecture. Am I supposed to take ARM's statement seriously and it doesn't depend on the 22nm (GF) or any nm at all and that's just the qualification process?

IFS 🤔

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Wait a minute @Dio. ...any ARM CPU ... architecture. Am I supposed to take ARM's statement seriously and it doesn't depend on the 22nm (GF) or any nm at all and that's just the qualification process?

IFS 🤔
Obviously I'm not Diogenese 🙄..

But my recollection, is that Peter said AKIDA could go down to 7nm process node.

But I'm guessing that's because, that was the smallest viable process node, at that time?

I'm also guessing, that the "neuron fabric" whatever that actually is, would be the limiting factor..

But since it's a "digital" design, there should be no limits? 🤔...

The new smaller process nodes, are completely different "processes" too..

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

IFS 🤔
It has been said and written many times since Anil Mankar made this claim after the ARM partnership was announced.

AKD1000 technology IP is process and sensor agnostic and compatible across the major foundries which includes TSMC, Global Foundries, Intel Foundry Services and Renesas Foundries.

It has also been shown to be compatible with the Vorago Hardsil process.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

BrainChip Begins Accepting Pre-Orders of the Akida Edge AI Box​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – February 20, 2024 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI, today re-opened its product shopping portal and will be accepting pre-orders of its recently announced Akida Edge AI Box. The Akida™ powered Edge AI box is expected to help customers accelerate high-performance AI applications at the Edge in challenging environments where energy-efficiency is essential and cloud connectivity is not guaranteed.

Built in collaboration with VVDN Technologies, the Akida Edge AI Box is designed to meet the demanding needs of retail and security, Smart City, automotive, transportation and industrial applications. The device combines a powerful quad-core CPU platform with Akida AI accelerators to provide a huge boost in AI performance. The compact, light Edge box is cost- effective and versatile with built in ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, HD display support, extensible storage, and USB interfaces. BrainChip and VVDN are finalizing the set of AI applications that will run out of the box. With the ability to personalize and learn on device, the box can be customized per application and per user without the need for cloud support, enhancing privacy and security.

“The Akida Edge AI Box is ideally suited to provide the low latency and high throughput processing with ultra-low power consumption – a necessity for the next generation of smart Edge devices,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “We are excited to officially launch pre- orders of the Akida Edge AI Box and bring this groundbreaking technology to market to empower customers in developing and deploying intelligent, secure and customized devices and services for multi-sensor environments in real time.”

The Akida Edge AI Box starts at $799 and can be pre-ordered by visiting https://shop.brainchipinc.com/.

All looking extremely positive moving forward :)

“The Akida Edge AI Box is ideally suited to provide the low latency and high throughput processing with ultra-low power consumption – a necessity for the next generation of smart Edge devices,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip.
1708468116013.png

• Fire
Reactions: 34 users
Top Bottom