BRN Discussion Ongoing

Evermont

Stealth Mode
This is from the latest podcast of Brains and Machines hosted by Sunny Baines. Always frustrating to listen to and I usually end up thinking “have you guys even heard of the world’s leading neuromorphic tech”. However, in this episode about “spiking neural networks learning to learn” ,this came up. All I can think of is , would there be an NDA in place with a research or non-commercial chip which leads me to think they could be using Akida to train prosthesis.

GDA: Yes. And the second point is the project on the prosthetic arm, which I think is the end goal of what we guys do. But this is my opinion. And I love it. So, I know that he’s ( They are talking about Scaramuzza here)working with Kenneth Stewart, and Massimiliano Giacomo with Chiara Bartolozzi—they’re working together. I can’t go too much into the details because there is an NDA, so I hope I don’t spoiler things that I shouldn’t do. But what they’re trying to do is, of course, use a spiking neural network to train prosthesis. And it’s beautiful! And I can’t wait.

Thanks TC. Not sure whether this is the same tech referred to and whether BrainChip is involved, though I did come across this earlier in the week. Pretty cool stuff and a very positive advancement for amputees.

1708165269112.png

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Ive never wished a weekend to go so fast.
1708166069708.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Thanks Damo,

Just got a bit of time to listen to the podcast.

One thing that Sean stressed is the change in the customer preparedness to adopt AI from a couple of years ago. Back then, much customer engagement was interest in the tech, but looking for a use case. However, they are no longer tyre-kickers. Now customers have had a Damascene awakening. They have AI budgets and projects.

This dovetails with the fact that we have not lost a technical evaluation, even if belt-tightening may have caused a few postponements/deferrals.

However, there is still market pressure on customers to not miss the bus.

So maybe there are some new licences or partnerships in the offing.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Thanks Damo,

Just got a bit of time to listen to the podcast.

One thing that Sean stressed is the change in the customer preparedness to adopt AI from a couple of years ago. Back then, much customer engagement was interest in the tech, but looking for a use case. However, they are no longer tyre-kickers. Now customers have had a Damascene awakening. They have AI budgets and projects.

This dovetails with the fact that we have not lost a technical evaluation, even if belt-tightening may have caused a few postponements/deferrals.

However, there is still market pressure on customers to not miss the bus.

So maybe there are some new licences or partnerships in the offing.
Quite an appropriate advert

1000013389.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

JB49

Regular
FF you may need to add Schneider Electric to that growing list of yours. Have i got the wrong Schneider or are we partnering with yet another multi billion dollar company?
20240217_220548.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users
Hi All
If you are interested in trying to understand what markets are now all about I recommend reading the linked interview with DAVID EINHORN. The following is a brief introduction to the interview:

“This week, we speak with David Einhorn. president of Greenlight Capital. He launched the value-oriented in 1996. Since inception, Greenlight has generated about 13% annually, and ~2900% total return versus the S&P500’s 1117% total and 9.5% annual returns.

He famously shorted Allied Capital in the 2000’s and Lehman Brothers about a year before it collapsed into bankruptcy in 2008. Time magazine named him to their “100 most influential people in the world” in 2013.

In our wide-ranging discussion, Einhorn stated that “Market structures are broken and value investing is dead.”

It is quite a detailed interview but it does provide a possible way to understand how algorithmic trading could have been the cause of Brainchip being driven to well below true value and why algorithmic trading might well take Brainchip well past true value.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Thanks TC. Not sure whether this is the same tech referred to and whether BrainChip is involved, though I did come across this earlier in the week. Pretty cool stuff and a very positive advancement for amputees.

View attachment 57086

From our own website, sorry from our marketing partner jwpm website

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 20-54-33 Computer Chip with a human-like brain.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 20-54-33 Computer Chip with a human-like brain.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 20-54-33 Computer Chip with a human-like brain.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Where is your evidence they got horrifically burnt and we’re not able to buy back and return their positions at a profit?

See post #70,200. 16.11.23

“Hi Ethinvestor

The company fundamentals have continued to improve and accrue unrealised shareholder value in my opinion.

It has been confirmed by the CEO Sean Hehir in person to myself and others that Brainchip has succeeded in developing and running a number of Large Language Models, LLMs, on AKIDA 2.0 and that AKIDA 3.0 is on track and that its primary purpose will be to focus on running LLM's as its point of technology difference.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that assuming there is no interruption to present planning AKIDA 3.0 will make an appearance next year. It is still anticipated that a demonstration AKIDA 2.0 chip will be produced. Presently sophisticated customers who have experience of the AKD1000 commercial chip have expressed confidence in their ability to assess AKIDA 2.0 based solely on the IP and all those who were referred to as being given early access at the beginning of 2023 are now engaged or engaged again with Brainchip assessing and discussing AKIDA 2.0 and the commercial opportunities.

I assume that you have seen the list of publicly acknowledged engagements with the AKD1000 chip which totals about 40 companies. Well with the assistance of the mathematical superstar Blind Freddie I have been able to calculate that as Sean Hehir said in his recent podcast that about 75% of current engagements are in respect of AKIDA 2.0 then the raw number of companies based on 40 companies being 25% of current engagements then this would mean 120 companies are engaged currently in respect of AKIDA 2.0.

Hopefully it is clear in the above paragraph that these numbers are based solely on the known AKD1000 engagements confirmed in writing by Tony Dawe a couple of months ago. Since that time there has been multiple confirmations by Brainchip employees that Brainchip's engagements includes companies that wish to remain anonymous but what we do know is that Rob Telson in a presentation in the last few months stated they have many hundreds of companies testing AKIDA technology via Brainchip's Boxes and Raspberry Pi offerings.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the cost to Brainchip of the first ever neuromorphic EDGE Box being produced and marketed by VVDN is not material. The sale price of the VVDN EDGE Box is expected to be very, very competitive and it will be aimed at retail and security applications. In retail a likely application will be stock control on shelves.

While Brainchip will have it as an offering on their website they will primarily be using it for sales purposes as it provides an opportunity to show a real world product being benchmarked against other in the market products from Nvidia and the like. It was also confirmed that Brainchip has a significant stockpile of the AKD1000 chips sufficient to meet any ongoing demand from VVDN for the EDGE Box and their own internal requirements to keep producing the Box and Raspberry Pi for customers to trial.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the AKD1000 chip was definitely not a failure and that it is an extraordinary engineering and scientific achievement but that it was narrowly focused excluding many market opportunities which has been addressed by AKIDA 2.0 which is a creature of customer feedback and requests as they explored the possible use cases of AKD1000.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the partnership between Nvidia and Edge Impulse has significant flow on benefits to Brainchip in that it allows potential customers to directly port Nvidia software and models onto AKIDA technology greatly expanding the applications already created and provided in the AKIDA Model Zoo. There is absolutely no downside to this as far as Brainchip is concerned and in fact should encourage consideration of AKIDA technology once potential customers can see the advantages that accrue in using AKIDA over other offerings.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO that TENNS can be used with other technology and improve that technologies performance however to maximise its performance a customer would be advised to run it with AKIDA. (This confirmed Diogenes's suggestion that TENNS could find its own place in the market.)

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that they have not lost out to any competitor product during customer assessments and those customer engagements that have not proceeded have been as a result of issues within the target companies. One company they had won and expected to sign a contract with, overnight closed down its operation and laid off some thousands of workers.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO, Geoff Carrick Director and Tony Dawe that all the publicly notified companies continue to engage with Brainchip.

As mentioned in my previous post it was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO that they now have over 80 employees and expect to appoint the replacement for Chris Stevens shortly. Sean Hehir CEO stated that he is very pleased with the proposed appointment.

One further thing I would add of interest is that Sean Hehir also confirmed to myself and others that AKIDA technology has shown the ability to be applied for noise cancellation in headphones and hearing aids.

I should also add that this meeting took place on 6 November, 2023 in Sydney.

My opinion and recollection only but others may wish to confirm the accuracy of the above and remember to DYOR”

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
"Where is your evidence they got horrifically burnt and we’re (we are) not able to buy back and return their (our) positions at a profit?"

A Freudian slip perhaps 🤔...

im-playing-both-sides-both-sides(1).gif

Hey just kidding 😛
Surely not right?..

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
"Where is your evidence they got horrifically burnt and we’re not able to buy back and return their positions at a profit?"

View attachment 57085

The 6 month chart for ARM, is the only proof I need..

Your statement suggests you think shorters can never lose money?

As for the post about what Sean said at the meeting, while I believe you have integrity, you would know having a Law background, that it's heresay and can't be considered a statement by an individual.

At least from what I know..

We can never judge the exact words that were spoken, or the context in which they were said.
Hi DB
Okay your perigative not to believe but if you were interested you could have sort confirmation from investor relations before judging it as not correct and potentially misleading others with your interpretation of what Dr. Lewis stated.

Actually all oral evidence is heresay. It just means someone heard someone say something.

In the present circumstances this heresay is admissible it it can go to a fact in issue. In the present situation this is reasonably said to go to the fact in issue but as I say all of this has no relevance when it is open to you to confirm or otherwise my report.

I note that others who attended the meeting did not challenge my recollection.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
FF you may need to add Schneider Electric to that growing list of yours. Have i got the wrong Schneider or are we partnering with yet another multi billion dollar company?
View attachment 57093

Schneider & AI in data centres design.

“Steven Carlini, vice president, innovation and data center at Schneider Electric tells EdgeIR that AI includes a new ecosystem for data centers, as well as new server architectures, which does include core training models, but also deployment of inference models at the edge.

My bold.

***edit***

I just skimmed the white paper and no Akida mentioned :(.

It’s about the actual design setup, power usage, weight and thermal load. All problems Akida could help with but the documents not about IT but how to set up the infrastructure.

I’ll leave this post though so others are aware.

Not to say there’s not other info out there as not the document I just read. :(

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
"Where is your evidence they got horrifically burnt and we’re (we are) not able to buy back and return their (our) positions at a profit?"

A Freudian slip perhaps 🤔...

View attachment 57096

Hey just kidding 😛
Surely not right?..
Very humorous. 😂🤣😂

Unfortunately the auto correct is responsible for the word ‘we’re’ appearing. 😞

It is a pity you do not check your facts with the same degree of diligence.😂🤣😂

By the way you will find that your question about my belief regarding shorters is found in my previous post.

I accepted that less sophisticated shorters record losses quite often but sophisticated shorters of the type that Warren Buffet lends to seldom get punished. The share price movement Brainchip has experienced (gradual over two weeks) is unlikely to have caught sophisticated institutional short positions (that do the real damage) out.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Schneider & AI in data centres design.

“Steven Carlini, vice president, innovation and data center at Schneider Electric tells EdgeIR that AI includes a new ecosystem for data centers, as well as new server architectures, which does include core training models, but also deployment of inference models at the edge.

My bold.
Hi SG

It is looking likely.

Might end up being easier to have a list of those companies not engaging with Brainchip if this keeps up. 😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Hi SG

It is looking likely.

Might end up being easier to have a list of those companies not engaging with Brainchip if this keeps up. 😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi SG
This probably means it is happening:

Zero Waste: What is it, Why do it?​

PUBLISHED DATE JANUARY 15, 2019AUTHORJENNA BIELLER

Zero Waste strategy

Whether your organization is guided by financial drivers, mandatory legislation, reputation or even altruism, corporate waste management practice has become an important subject for sustainability professionals.
Broadly speaking, waste management in an organization includes a wide variety of processes and resources engaged to: handle in-house generated waste; organize and minimize product-related and customer-related waste; organize corporate waste disposal methods and end-of-life; comply with environmental legislation and health and safety standards.
aHViPTY1NzI0JmNtZD1pdGVtZWRpdG9yaW1hZ2UmZmlsZW5hbWU9aXRlbWVkaXRvcmltYWdlXzVjM2U2NWJiODg0ZmQucG5nJnZlcnNpb249MDAwMCZzaWc9MmZiM2NkY2FlMzRhMzUyYmE1NzE0NjU1MzczYjg4ZjA%253D
There is a growing movement among global organizations focused on implementing certifiable Zero Waste to Landfill solutions. Leading organizations, such as Royal Canin, are moving beyond the Zero Waste to Landfill concept, aiming to establish a complete and comprehensive circular economy, a cradle-to-cradle solution.
Some well-known, impactful waste reporting and certifying guidelines and frameworks include GRI (306), Carbon Trust Standard and UN Sustainable Development Goals (12, 13, 17). Mandatory directives that support these frameworks, include the EU WEEE directive on electronic waste management and more , Non-Financial Reporting.

Waste management techniques vary and impact organizations in many ways:​

• Traditional waste management focused on landfills only. Today, we understand the environmental hazards of this practice. Decaying waste dumped on a landfill creates methane, a greenhouse gas (GHG) that has much higher warming potential than carbon dioxide. Toxic liquids formed at a landfill also threaten to penetrate soils and underground water sources. Countries such as Austria are completely phasing out landfills and focusing on waste incineration facilities.
  • Recycling means taking materials that are no longer of use, processing them and giving them a new life through a new product and purpose. Reusing or repurposing is done by either extending the longevity of a product or repairing it to avoid the need to manufacture a new product from virgin materials.
  • Reducing means using less and wasting less. By reducing the materials we use, we not only reduce waste but also the demand for primary products, making a double positive effect on the environment.
  • Refusing is eliminating non-recyclable materials entirely from products, plastic wrapping for example, to decrease the total amount of waste.
  • Composting is to recycle organic materials regarded as waste into a compost soil, rich in nutrients.

Benefits of a Zero Waste strategy

1. Yield financial savings of waste management
If for no other reason, implementing waste management saves organizations money in terms of waste costs. Inefficient operations that result in additional waste bring additional costs to the organization; costs that can be avoided by good management practice. Knowing and understanding waste flows helps organizations understand business operations, ensuring resource and energy cost optimization, efficient use of labor and final product cost cuts.
  1. Build waste into the risk management strategy
In the EU, waste management plays an important role in risk management. The legislation surrounding waste management and compliance requirements are stringent. If your company operates in the EU, ensure you are on top of the requirements, explore pan-European waste obligations and benchmark how your organization performs against these.
  1. Protect your brand reputation
Companies are often scrutinized for unsound environmental practices. Being proactive in implementing innovative waste management strategies, before being called out or required to do so, not only creates positive brand value that contributes to a good reputation, but also sets a path for other companies to emulate. Being seen as a leader in environmental practices further increases a company’s impact.
  1. Manage data centrally.
    aHViPTY1NzI0JmNtZD1pdGVtZWRpdG9yaW1hZ2UmZmlsZW5hbWU9aXRlbWVkaXRvcmltYWdlXzVjM2U2NWJmYjZiMjYuanBnJnZlcnNpb249MDAwMCZzaWc9MTc1MzQ1YjkwYWNjMWI5M2RmODhiMzQ3NGU1YWFkNjE%253D
Use Zero Waste as an initiative to empower your organization to aggregate and visualize all its cross-enterprise, energy and sustainability information to improve corporate transparency and transform data into action. Schneider Electric can support companies in their efforts of active waste management through customer tailored experience in EcoStruxure Resource Advisor, through a careful examination of industry and client waste specific circumstances, and strategy development focusing on optimizing and minimizing wastes.
Contact us if you are considering improving your waste management practice and looking into savings opportunities cross your global operations with EcoStruxure Resource Advisor.

Contributed by Jana K. Pataky, Sustainability Consultant at Schneider Electric​

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi DB
Okay your perigative not to believe but if you were interested you could have sort confirmation from investor relations before judging it as not correct and potentially misleading others with your interpretation of what Dr. Lewis stated.

Actually all oral evidence is heresay. It just means someone heard someone say something.

In the present circumstances this heresay is admissible it it can go to a fact in issue. In the present situation this is reasonably said to go to the fact in issue but as I say all of this has no relevance when it is open to you to confirm or otherwise my report.

I note that others who attended the meeting did not challenge my recollection.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
I didn't say I didn't believe it, I just said it hadn't been stated, I can't say I know it as a fact.

If it is true and small LMs have been run independently of the cloud on AKIDA 2.0 IP and it is free and public knowledge, don't you think an actual statement by the Company, that they have achieved this, is "newsworthy" even if it's "just" through social media?

How can I mislead others, with "my interpretation" of what Dr Tony Lewis has said?
I'm using his exact words, of "hold promise" and BrainChip "will" be the first.

Your interpretation, is that he's saying we have, which does not align with the words he used.

I would Love to see a public confirmation, that BrainChip has achieved this and If it's not a secret and in a World that is going nuts about Language Models, why hasn't it?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Good to see our Uni accelerator program seems to be working.

Couple CMU representatives made the 2024 Finalists for Nth America.

Screenshot_2024-02-17-20-58-04-58_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-17-20-54-56-29_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-17-20-56-15-30_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Our mates at EdgX also a member of this cluster with quite a few other entities.

Obviously gives Akida additional exposure through these connections.

Screenshot_2024-02-17-21-05-21-40_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Edge artificial intelligence in space​

Imagine a future having thousands of interconnected satellites, powered by brain-inspired AI technology, delivering realtime data connectivity to earth.
EDGX is pioneering the next generation of onboard AI technology for space.
We envision a future where intelligent space systems bring huge economical and societal benefits to humanity. Our mission is to transform the space industry by making next generation spacecrafts much more intelligent, adaptive and efficient.
EDGX designs a new innovative data processing unit inspired by the human brain, delivering onboard learning, modularity, energy efficiency, low latency and neuromorphic computing to the next generation of satellites.
EDGX_square-250x250.png

EDGX​

EDGX
Groeneweg 17
9320 Aalst
T +32 472 43 95 42​

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000013396.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

JB49

Regular
https://www.infineon.com/cms/dresden/en/Development-Center/

Artificial intelligence is a key topic at the DC: Smart chips with embedded AI, intuitive sensor solutions and AI accelerators with extremely low power consumption. Edge-AI enables data processing with artificial intelligence close to the sensor without communicating with a cloud. This makes applications more energy-efficient, faster and safer.

The first Infineon chip with edge-AI is developed in Dresden. The DC is also researching on novel neuromorphic processor architectures for ultra-low power object detection and classification for autonomous driving. Neuromorphic hardware is improving energy efficiency by factor 100. This enables new embedded sensor and data processor chip solutions for future edge-AI applications.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users
Top Bottom