BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi All

I have been giving some thought to what could be driving interest in Brainchip other than all the information that is known and shared here on TSEx. One thing which I don’t think has raised much attention even here on TSEx is the stature of the new Chief Technology Officer Dr. M. Anthony Lewis (Tony). I have no doubt that TSEx regulars know all about him but for those who don’t or need a refresh the following is a snapshot of his CV from Wikipedia:

“M. Anthony Lewis is an American robotics researcher and currently serves as the Vice President of Hewlett-Packard and the head of Hewlett-Packard's Compute Lab for disruptive edge technologies. Formerly, he served as the Head of was the former Senior Director of Technology at Qualcomm Technologies and was the creator of Zeroth neural processing unit and its software API. He is past CEO of Iguana Robotics, a company specializing in the development of biomorphic robotics technologies.[1]Lewis received his Ph.D. at the University of Southern California under the guidance of Michael Arbib and George Bekey.

He has served on the faculty of the University of California, Los Angeles and the University of Illinois and is currently on the faculty of the University of Arizona.

He is known for his work in evolutionary and biomorphic robotics, formation control of robotic systems, and investigations into the basis of movement control in humans and robots. He collaborated on a project to help paralyzed people, using studies of an eel's nerve circuitry.[2]In recent work, Lewis and colleagues have demonstrated a robot that claimed to be the most biologically accurate model of human locomotion to date.[3] This robotic uses a muscle architecture much like a human being, a simplified neural circuit meant to mimic neurons in the spinal cord, and sensory feedback mimicking the primary sensory pathways
found in human.”

Now keeping this in mind anyone even the man in the street knows that the big story in 2023 and again in 2024 is Sam Altman and CHATGpt. The Sam Altman story of course includes his quest to make CHATGpt more user friendly from a power consumption perspective and the general media as well as financial media are awash with stories about his trillion dollar deals. CHATGpt, Large Language Models and GenAi are building to be the technology story of this decade perhaps century. If you search for the market size for LLMs there are numerous reports all largely in line and pushing the common theme of sensation growth through to 2030. Statista has this to say:
  • The market size in the Natural Language Processing market is projected to reach US$29.19bn in 2024.
  • The market size is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2024-2030) of 13.79%, resulting in a market volume of US$63.37bn by 2030.
  • In global comparison, the largest market size will be in the United States (US$10,430.00m in 2024).
https://www.statista.com/outlook/tmo/artificial-intelligence/natural-language-processing/worldwide

Coming back to Dr. Lewis it is clear that he is extremely well known in the semiconductor industry and academic world and if you take the time to look on Google Scholar you will discover his academic contacts span the Globe including China.

So it is trite to say that when he posts on his LinkedIn account a lot of very intelligent well connected eyes are watching.

Putting the importance of Large Language Models together with Dr. Lewis’s reputation I do not feel I am going out on a limb to suggest that the following is potentially something of great significance and likely to have caused a number of very important players in academia and industry to sit up and take notice:

View attachment 57068

I would also suggest that you do not need to be a rocket scientist to understand the significance of Dr. Lewis telling the world
that Brainchip’s technology is to his knowledge the FIRST in the world to run tiny LLMs at the EDGE with very low power with
STATE OF THE ART (SOTA) performance.

The other significant feature of his post is that he is putting the world on notice that Brainchip is not satisfied with just the
Edge but is also looking to scale up AKIDA technology into the data centre/Cloud for the same purpose.

I do not need to tell long term followers of AKIDA technology that it has been the case since day one that Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar have continuously stated that they chose to design in digital because it allowed AKIDA to be scaled for eventual data centre applications.

Of course, I may well be wrong, and this is just my anonymous opinion but the more I think about it the less I doubt my conclusion
that this is a significant driver of the current resurgence by Brainchip on the Australian, German and US markets.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder
Edge LLMs is another area where we have a not-so-secret sauce, CNN2SNN for existing CNN LLMs, or just simply native Akida SNN if you are starting from scratch. Most (all) AI companies have a major investment in their CNN models. These legacy CNN models can be refurbished as SNN models, and BRN has the tools to do it. If you want to add a little French Polish to your LLMs, or double your Dutch LLMs' performance, try Akida MetaTF - it comes in 3 flavours, so there's something for everyone.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 74 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Comment from Mark Grogan, our partner of Circle8

1708138355086.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 93 users

rgupta

Regular
Lots of mega-dollars with aspirations sloshing around the new Holy Grail of AI chips/energy savings/Cloud avoidance security with the magical black box (BRN) apparently holding many of the essential codes for Grail realization.

Convince me that this monster accumulation is merely the market playing catch up for an undervalued equity. And not the expression of a Holy Shit epiphany.

The major obstacle to shareholders may be for Brainchip to cling to independence while our surreal/magic sauce has time to play out unfettered

Keep running Bravo...we are cheering you on.
At least the present rally looks like speculative risk free buying
On the other hand if someone wants to buy substantial share in brn there will not be any second coming.
Dyor

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Wonder if he knows what the rest of us think we know......

1000013383.jpg
1000013385.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

rgupta

Regular

View attachment 57063 View attachment 57064
Most of the share holders are following Mercedes. But to me success of brainchip will not be over dependent upon one or a few companies, but every company' s dependency on brainchip.
So in the longer term whether Mercedes will be there or not there should not effect brainchip.
I would like brainchip to continually improving their ecosystem partners.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hi All

I have been giving some thought to what could be driving interest in Brainchip other than all the information that is known and shared here on TSEx. One thing which I don’t think has raised much attention even here on TSEx is the stature of the new Chief Technology Officer Dr. M. Anthony Lewis (Tony). I have no doubt that TSEx regulars know all about him but for those who don’t or need a refresh the following is a snapshot of his CV from Wikipedia:

“M. Anthony Lewis is an American robotics researcher and currently serves as the Vice President of Hewlett-Packard and the head of Hewlett-Packard's Compute Lab for disruptive edge technologies. Formerly, he served as the Head of was the former Senior Director of Technology at Qualcomm Technologies and was the creator of Zeroth neural processing unit and its software API. He is past CEO of Iguana Robotics, a company specializing in the development of biomorphic robotics technologies.[1]Lewis received his Ph.D. at the University of Southern California under the guidance of Michael Arbib and George Bekey.

He has served on the faculty of the University of California, Los Angeles and the University of Illinois and is currently on the faculty of the University of Arizona.

He is known for his work in evolutionary and biomorphic robotics, formation control of robotic systems, and investigations into the basis of movement control in humans and robots. He collaborated on a project to help paralyzed people, using studies of an eel's nerve circuitry.[2]In recent work, Lewis and colleagues have demonstrated a robot that claimed to be the most biologically accurate model of human locomotion to date.[3] This robotic uses a muscle architecture much like a human being, a simplified neural circuit meant to mimic neurons in the spinal cord, and sensory feedback mimicking the primary sensory pathways
found in human.”

Now keeping this in mind anyone even the man in the street knows that the big story in 2023 and again in 2024 is Sam Altman and CHATGpt. The Sam Altman story of course includes his quest to make CHATGpt more user friendly from a power consumption perspective and the general media as well as financial media are awash with stories about his trillion dollar deals. CHATGpt, Large Language Models and GenAi are building to be the technology story of this decade perhaps century. If you search for the market size for LLMs there are numerous reports all largely in line and pushing the common theme of sensation growth through to 2030. Statista has this to say:
  • The market size in the Natural Language Processing market is projected to reach US$29.19bn in 2024.
  • The market size is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2024-2030) of 13.79%, resulting in a market volume of US$63.37bn by 2030.
  • In global comparison, the largest market size will be in the United States (US$10,430.00m in 2024).
https://www.statista.com/outlook/tmo/artificial-intelligence/natural-language-processing/worldwide

Coming back to Dr. Lewis it is clear that he is extremely well known in the semiconductor industry and academic world and if you take the time to look on Google Scholar you will discover his academic contacts span the Globe including China.

So it is trite to say that when he posts on his LinkedIn account a lot of very intelligent well connected eyes are watching.

Putting the importance of Large Language Models together with Dr. Lewis’s reputation I do not feel I am going out on a limb to suggest that the following is potentially something of great significance and likely to have caused a number of very important players in academia and industry to sit up and take notice:

View attachment 57068

I would also suggest that you do not need to be a rocket scientist to understand the significance of Dr. Lewis telling the world
that Brainchip’s technology is to his knowledge the FIRST in the world to run tiny LLMs at the EDGE with very low power with
STATE OF THE ART (SOTA) performance.

The other significant feature of his post is that he is putting the world on notice that Brainchip is not satisfied with just the
Edge but is also looking to scale up AKIDA technology into the data centre/Cloud for the same purpose.

I do not need to tell long term followers of AKIDA technology that it has been the case since day one that Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar have continuously stated that they chose to design in digital because it allowed AKIDA to be scaled for eventual data centre applications.

Of course, I may well be wrong, and this is just my anonymous opinion but the more I think about it the less I doubt my conclusion
that this is a significant driver of the current resurgence by Brainchip on the Australian, German and US markets.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder
Hi FF,

Nice to get some organised logical posts.

I did see that post on LinkedIn a few days back and that floored me.

Tony is well connected and connections that he has will get us past the goal line and pay line.

I was really excited about this appointment when I saw what he has accomplished.

The statement he has made is hey Sam we can do this we can to Tiny LLM on the edge.

Its very logical that the recent spike is new money coming in to BRN on the coat tails of the new appointments.

I have noticed the USA version of BRN shares have been trading to a premium of Australia for a while and higher volume to its past.

We most definitely could be seeing this. Its a different level of trading compared to the previous p and d.

Anyway we are well below my IP evaluation of the company still so noting to be excited about yet lol.

Wake me up when we are north of a dollar then ill see some speculative pricing though with the money and demand for chips wr all know where this could go.

Most importantly Akida is validated in my opinion!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

7für7

Top 20

View attachment 57072 View attachment 57073
Yes … fine…. But rob doesn’t like it… so….🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I am still trying to get my head around the last few weeks.
As strange and weird as this may sound I get more nervous when the sp goes up lol.
But I must admit yesterday was a warm up for future days ahead.
I have always felt a very strong feeling towards Brainchip and I can’t imagine how the world will be in a few years time thanks to this amazing team of people.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

7für7

Top 20
Most of the share holders are following Mercedes. But to me success of brainchip will not be over dependent upon one or a few companies, but every company' s dependency on brainchip.
So in the longer term whether Mercedes will be there or not there should not effect brainchip.
I would like brainchip to continually improving their ecosystem partners.
As I always say in the German forum. It’s nice to have a Mercedes as a marketing boost. But I don’t really count on them..we have so many partnerships as leader in this industry… this is more amazing.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

RobjHunt

Regular

After reading that, I got a woft of positiveness 😉👌

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

I quite like this bloke

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
They are actually pretty cheap, considering..
You might be able to buy New Zealand if the stock price is kind to you

• Haha
  • Wow

Getupthere

Regular
I don’t understand why the second strike continues to get mentioned every quarterly podcast.

You don’t need to continually tell us what would happen if we vote yes or no.

The vote against was because lack of communication to shareholders and lack of IP signing.

communication has improved.

As I wrote late last year that the honeymoon period finished with the Dec quarter and we are currently half way through the March quarter.

Time to put runs on the board.

there’s no need to continue mentioning the second strike till MAY when we next vote.

Runs on the board and the Vote will sort its self out.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
I am still trying to get my head around the last few weeks.
As strange and weird as this may sound I get more nervous when the sp goes up lol.
But I must admit yesterday was a warm up for future days ahead.
I have always felt a very strong feeling towards Brainchip and I can’t imagine how the world will be in a few years time thanks to this amazing team of people.
I can't wait to buy Time Magazine issue Person of the Year 2025, Peter van der Made. 😍

SC

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
  • Fire

TopCat

Regular
This is from the latest podcast of Brains and Machines hosted by Sunny Baines. Always frustrating to listen to and I usually end up thinking “have you guys even heard of the world’s leading neuromorphic tech”. However, in this episode about “spiking neural networks learning to learn” ,this came up. All I can think of is , would there be an NDA in place with a research or non-commercial chip which leads me to think they could be using Akida to train prosthesis.

GDA: Yes. And the second point is the project on the prosthetic arm, which I think is the end goal of what we guys do. But this is my opinion. And I love it. So, I know that he’s ( They are talking about Scaramuzza here)working with Kenneth Stewart, and Massimiliano Giacomo with Chiara Bartolozzi—they’re working together. I can’t go too much into the details because there is an NDA, so I hope I don’t spoiler things that I shouldn’t do. But what they’re trying to do is, of course, use a spiking neural network to train prosthesis. And it’s beautiful! And I can’t wait.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users
Top Bottom