BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hmmm...Neuromorphic chips that "hear"... Where have I heard that before? 👂

Fraunhofer develops the hearing car​

By
Alexander Pinker

5. February 2020

When it comes to autonomous driving, people usually talk about what the car can or cannot see. It sees the pedestrians, it sees the signs and sees the other cars on the road. Sensors perceive the entire environment, but this perception goes far beyond “seeing”. In the future, as current research by the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT shows, autonomous vehicles will also have a sense of hearing. Researchers in Oldenburg have developed a first prototype for recognizing external sounds, such as a siren.

We know it from our own way of dealing with traffic. Unless we are on the phone or have headphones in our ears, we often let our hearing be our guide in our everyday life on the road. We hear from which direction the cars are coming, hear ambulances or police. So if the car is to be able to perform all the activities that we currently perform so intuitively behind the wheel autonomously, then it needs a sense of hearing. According to information from the Fraunhofer Institute, this sense of hearing consists of sensors and systems that are able to perceive and interpret external sounds. In combination with the radar and camera sensor technology already installed, this is a real added value for the autonomous future.

Noise analysis using artificial intelligence​

The team of the research institute, which comes from different disciplines, saw the optimal signal recording as a particular challenge. In spite of all this, the car must be able to react to the slightest noise in road noise. The sensors therefore not only have to process the acoustic signals, they must also rid them of background noise and locate their origin as precisely as possible.

To do this, the algorithm behind the sensors was trained using machine learning with the acoustic signatures of relevant sounds, such as the siren or a horn. The result is a database that all vehicles can access and which is constantly updated during operation.

Together with its partners, the Fraunhofer wants to realize the first prototype and make it ready for the market by 2025. According to the researchers, the new technology can also bring remarkable benefits for other industries. For example, in quality assurance in industrial production.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Ladro

My response will be to buy more , I’m extremely confident!

For me it’s not about this week , next month , next year .

You can’t dominate a market that’s in early development.

Seems to me that we are as a company fully locked & loaded ready to go .
We are just waiting for the world to catch up & when it does it will be a avalanche.
My response will be to buy more , I’m extremely confident!

For me it’s not about this week , next month , next year .

You can’t dominate a market that’s in early development.

Seems to me that we are as a company fully locked & loaded ready to go .
We are just waiting for the world to catch up & when it does it will be a avalanche.
I’m expecting an “explosion in sales” 2nd half this year, that’s what we have been told.

Reactions: 17 users

Mugen74

Regular
No management should concentrate on looking after the business first,if the business is well run the share price will eventually follow.SP is just what the market is willing to pay each day and wont always reflect true VALUE of said business.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Mugen74

Regular
Fellow Brainers,we have no real control over the share price but we do have the abilty to control our emotional response to said stimuli.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
I’m expecting an “explosion in sales” 2nd half this year, that’s what we have been told.
Yes as long as shareholders understand that an explosion of sales does not mean an explosion in revenue.

Personally if the about 11 EAPs convert to customers and buy Chips or IP then that would be an explosion in sales but would not necessarily generate an explosion of income in the second half particularly as Brainchip has been saying income will start to ramp up second half 2022.

MegaChips signed up November, 2021 but it’s licence fees are still to show up publicly in the accounts.

Having said the above my head will explode if all the eleven or so EAPs sign up over the second half explosive income or not.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
A memory test.

At the 2021 Ai Field Day who else remembers Anil Mankar being asked questions about AKIDA technology being certified for use in automotive applications and Anil Mankar stating that Brainchip was not doing this because of cost and resources needed but was leaving it to the OEM’s and automotive manufacturers.

Well last night my son in the UK sent me this link:

When you open it it requires you to subscribe so I have not proceeded as I get enough junk emails now but the content on the first page was sufficient to wake up to the significance of what Anil Mankar had to say at the Ai Field day.

It seems every second day someone at a start up or a university somewhere around the world is claiming a major LiDAR or Radar breakthrough for autonomous driving.

The thing is as Anil Mankar pointed out and this link makes clear you need the massive resources of a Valeo or a Mercedes Benz to certify this claimed breakthrough for automotive use.

So where is this going think about the three year lead over competitors.

Brainchip and Valeo’s LiDAR is going into Mercedes’ vehicles in the here and now.

The starters gun has fired and the only horse and jockey out of the gate is Valeo because all the other gates have failed to open as they are on a time lock that will take years to tick over and some gates will never open.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Not only are they first and best in class they are backing their product:

"The German automaker has said it'll be taking full legal responsibility for its Drive Pilot autonomous driving system when it's activated."

That is a level of confidence that has only come about through extensive testing and comparison with what is currently avaliable.
2022-04-12 08_05_22-confidence at DuckDuckGo — Mozilla Firefox.png

No other car manufacturer has the confidence to offer this at this stage.

Akida offers opportunity beyond the capability of current systems in relation to far more than its power usage and the likes of Mercedes will take full advantage of this over time.
Others like Renesas and Megachips will do the same in thier chosen space of expertise.
I am happy for them to do their work where they will apply Akida in the best way for their company to prosper. BRN will ride that energy of effort in due course.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

nannapat

Regular
Hi All ,

I thank all of you for the amazing research.

Yes share price is shitty ATM ….. (However compare both Microsoft and Apple in their infancy)

On board…

1 .R

2. M

3. S

From a knowledgeable and factual point of view , if 1 = R was still the only player on board I would be exceptionally concerned …….

Brianchip now have three players on board (perhaps more in the future ?? )

From a background point of view these 3 will be very aggressive, pushing and driving their Akida point of difference towards their markets plus ensuring they are the ones to put pen to paper prior to their other signed competitions. (the race is on, they want the first advantage, prestige , easy $‘s in their ledgers, with continual and consistent orders to follow)

Mercedes Did not transpire over night….

From my perspective Brainchip are ticking all the right boxes for Longevity, not cowboys looking for a quick immediate $ buck……

Nan xxx

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Hmmm...Neuromorphic chips that "hear"... Where have I heard that before? 👂

Fraunhofer develops the hearing car​

By
Alexander Pinker

5. February 2020

When it comes to autonomous driving, people usually talk about what the car can or cannot see. It sees the pedestrians, it sees the signs and sees the other cars on the road. Sensors perceive the entire environment, but this perception goes far beyond “seeing”. In the future, as current research by the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT shows, autonomous vehicles will also have a sense of hearing. Researchers in Oldenburg have developed a first prototype for recognizing external sounds, such as a siren.

We know it from our own way of dealing with traffic. Unless we are on the phone or have headphones in our ears, we often let our hearing be our guide in our everyday life on the road. We hear from which direction the cars are coming, hear ambulances or police. So if the car is to be able to perform all the activities that we currently perform so intuitively behind the wheel autonomously, then it needs a sense of hearing. According to information from the Fraunhofer Institute, this sense of hearing consists of sensors and systems that are able to perceive and interpret external sounds. In combination with the radar and camera sensor technology already installed, this is a real added value for the autonomous future.

Noise analysis using artificial intelligence​

The team of the research institute, which comes from different disciplines, saw the optimal signal recording as a particular challenge. In spite of all this, the car must be able to react to the slightest noise in road noise. The sensors therefore not only have to process the acoustic signals, they must also rid them of background noise and locate their origin as precisely as possible.

To do this, the algorithm behind the sensors was trained using machine learning with the acoustic signatures of relevant sounds, such as the siren or a horn. The result is a database that all vehicles can access and which is constantly updated during operation.

Together with its partners, the Fraunhofer wants to realize the first prototype and make it ready for the market by 2025. According to the researchers, the new technology can also bring remarkable benefits for other industries. For example, in quality assurance in industrial production.

Hi Bravo
It defies logic for this not to be AKIDA technology with Mercedes involved unless the involvement of Mercedes is not current.

Do you have something that confirms Mercedes is still involved?
FF.

Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

Hi Rob
Yes feeling great.

We finally had a truly sunny day yesterday and I realised how much I missed such days. It seems like summer forgot to turn up and today we are back to grey again. I can understand why the Britts chose transportation in leaky ships to the other side of the world. LOL

Regards
FF

Yes and I moved to paradise instead

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Yes and I moved to paradise instead

Not that I am petty or jealous but @zeeb0t can you ban this poster please.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
UPDATE:

As a result of @Straw ‘s question I emailed Tony Dawe about the release of the presentation he and
Sean Hehir did to the private investor group two weeks ago and he has just replied that it should be up on the BRN website and YouTube channel by tomorrow.

So keep a look out.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 45 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Bravo
It defies logic for this not to be AKIDA technology with Mercedes involved unless the involvement of Mercedes is not current.

Do you have something that confirms Mercedes is still involved?
FF.

Hi FF,

Fraunhofer lists Daimler Centre for Automotive Innovation (DCAITI) as a partner on the research project 'KI-FLEX" which is a platform that is being designed for autonomous driving to process and merge data from laser, camera and radar sensors in cars quickly and reliably by using methods of artificial intelligence. This particular project runs until August 2022, so I imagine there is ongoing involvement between Fraunhofer and Mercedes from this perspective.

If this assumption is correct then it would be inconceivable IMO for Fraunhofer to be unaware of Akida, particularly when Mercedes have been spruiking the technology at every opportunity.

1649724954096.png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Chilling

Approach a major respected fund in the US to buy a stake in Brainchip and promote the sale is this a stupid idea?
Seems a great short term solution to myself to promote confidence in the company and support the share price while we get established over next year or so.
The falling price is causing a loss of confidence it's creates a negative flow on.
No amount of dot joining fixes this.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

TECH

Regular
Were any of the +securities issued to +key management personnel (KMP) or an +associate?
No.

Does anyone on this site have an issue with that answer ?

Restricted Stock Units, Employee Incentive Plans.

The +securities haven't actually been issued as such, but they are referring to a certain staff member.

Any comments ?

Reactions: 7 users
This is very disappointing to be honest. I never thought my shares would be worth anywhere near the 80 cents figure again. How could the price not even hold $1 regardless of the bots, downrampers, whatever it maybe…

davidfitz

Regular
This is very disappointing to be honest. I never thought my shares would be worth anywhere near the 80 cents figure again. How could the price not even hold $1 regardless of the bots, downrampers, whatever it maybe…
Agree 100%, looking forward to an announcement more than ever.

• Fire
Approach a major respected fund in the US to buy a stake in Brainchip and promote the sale is this a stupid idea?
Seems a great short term solution to myself to promote confidence in the company and support the share price while we get established over next year or so.
The falling price is causing a loss of confidence it's creates a negative flow on.
No amount of dot joining fixes this.
Firstly are you suggesting they issue extra shares or are you saying that Brainchip encourage this US institution to buy on market?

You seem to have forgotten that Brainchip has engaged a very well credentialed US Investor relations group to raise its profile with US Institutional investors and have undertaken multiple presentations to Institutional investor groups in the US and Germany over the last 12 months.

These presentations have seen German Institutions invest on market in Brainchip.

According to information posted here yesterday Blackrock and Vanguard have also taken positions.

So can you list things that Brainchip have not done.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Agree 100%, looking forward to an announcement more than ever.

Morning Davidfitz,

Yep, that sums it up perfectly.

Tree falls over in the Forrest,
No one heard it fall,
Yet , 4,183,000. BRN restricted stock get issued...???...

Note to BRN MANAGEMENT,
When giving out 4183000 shares ( albeit restricted stock ), @ todays price of $0.875 =
$3,660,125.00

Might pay to enlighten the people, who actually paid for their shares in the company, what this payment was for .

Comes across as a slap in the face to shareholders.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Wow
Were any of the +securities issued to +key management personnel (KMP) or an +associate?
No.

Does anyone on this site have an issue with that answer ?

Restricted Stock Units, Employee Incentive Plans.

The +securities haven't actually been issued as such, but they are referring to a certain staff member.

Any comments ?
Anil Mankar is not included in the Key Management Personnel by definition. I am assuming the AM stands for Anil Mankar.

The shares are not yet in his hands as it seems he has further boxes to tick and it may also be that they will not vest if he leaves the company before he ticks these boxes.

Given that he has produced two remarkable results with firstly the engineering samples being popped out perfect first time as remarked upon by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo at the time and he has improved the design to increase energy efficiency by 30% in the commercial AKD1000 chip it makes sense when you have an ongoing development plan in place to want to keep him on staff and incentivise him to remain.

I am sure others will disagree but when AKD2000 finally makes it onto his bench I want Anil Mankar still there and involved in the design layout.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Top Bottom