BRN Discussion Ongoing

I find the statement absurd that someone sets a threshold and only above this is a company entitled to be included in the 200 if it still has a low turnover. And this absurdly completely ignores the position the company occupies or the patents it holds.
To illustrate my thought, imagine ARM were to spin off all its patents into a new company and go public on the ASX. The 200 would be denied until some other defined threshold for reasonable turnover is exceeded?! Absurd that is.
I have to disagree with you here Corsors.

As FactFinder said..
"Shorting should be banned fullstop but at the very least pre revenue companies should be protected"

Pre-revenue companies, have a "natural" protection from shorters, if not included in the ASX300 or ASX200, because the shares to lend to them, are just not available in large quantities.

This is the Time and opportunity, for them, to raise funds, while they are still pre-revenue.

If their market capitalisation, forces them into the Big Boys Club (ASX300/200) this period of protection disappears and it's open slather, for the wolves to prey on the young "defenseless" lambs..

The author's original "complaint" was about the "quality" of the index, but I can see, how a young company, would want to avoid inclusion, until it was "ready" had building revenue and was profitable.

Just my opinions and happy to differ..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

cosors

👀
I have to disagree with you here Corsors.

As FactFinder said..
"Shorting should be banned fullstop but at the very least pre revenue companies should be protected"

Pre-revenue companies, have a "natural" protection from shorters, if not included in the ASX300 or ASX200, because the shares to lend to them, are just not available in large quantities.

This is the Time and opportunity, for them, to raise funds, while they are still pre-revenue.

If their market capitalisation, forces them into the Big Boys Club (ASX300/200) this period of protection disappears and it's open slather, for the wolves to prey on the young "defenseless" lambs..

The author's original "complaint" was about the "quality" of the index, but I can see, how a young company, would want to avoid inclusion, until it was "ready" had building revenue and was profitable.

Just my opinions and happy to differ..
I was able to understand the article at from the beginning I think. And I have no problem with divergent opinions at all! It makes things clearer. I'm concerned with these two threshold values that need to be defined. And that raises the question and doubt in my mind - who sets them and by what standard/interest? In my view, the value of a company is not defined solely by turnover.
Quite apart from the fact that too little is said about profit.
So this exclusive club should only be for companies that fulfil these two thresholds, thus further cementing the model of this exclusive society?
I fully agree that it was too early for BRN. However, this is not because of the value that lies dormant in this company, but because of the existing system. I was very surprised that Brainchip was repeatedly denied an exit. My naive thought, and I really don't know much about such things, is why BRN wasn't downgraded when it was the time to.)

___
I simply don't trust this system and don't think it is conducive to healthy growth. Investment in the future is not just debt. A discussion that is very topical here in Germany in these days.

___
Regarding the second threshold: no turnover? That was and is not correct. Bad journalism. So how much turnover is appropriate for the 200. Maybe that explains one of my concerns.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Chippers ,

Shaping up very nicely for today ,

Start the day with a bang...😃.

Regards,
Esq.

1707762064085.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
off topic
I have a question. When do I say figure and when do I say number? Where is the difference in detail?
Regards
cosors

Reactions: 3 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Cosors ,

I'm not flash with English , but this may help...

The young punk had pulled this stunt a number of times with great success, though had not figured on having a larger impliment drawn upon himself , and hence thought his number was up.

😃.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

cosors

👀
Cosors ,

I'm not flash with English , but this may help...

The young punk had pulled this stunt a number of times with great success, though had not figured on having a larger impliment drawn upon himself , and hence thought his number was up.

😃.

Regards,
Esq.

🤔😄

• Haha

cosors

👀
Ok
Is this a number or a figure
11.11?
Please not it's both true.
figure number figure number figure number
🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

BrainShit

Regular
Ok
Is this a number or a figure
11.11?
Please not it's both true.
figure number figure number figure number
🧐
1. A number can have one or more digits (1...0)
2. A figure can be a shape, a diagram, or a number; if used to describe a number, it can be composed of a single digit or of multiple digits.

Note that both number and figure can refer to a numerical value. Number is the proper word to use when referring to a mathematical value, while figure is commonly used when referring to a written or printed representation of a number.

e.g. $100.000 as sales figures
e.g. Dim intA(2) AS Integer (number)
e.g. Spock as figure 😄
u'll figure it out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

charles2

Regular
What a difference a day makes:

BMR to collaborate with NVDA....up 981%

Beamr Imaging Ltd. (BMR)​

NasdaqCM - NasdaqCM Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Follow

22.82+20.71(+981.41%)
As of 11:18AM EST. Market open.

Full screen

Trade prices are not sourced from all markets
Previous Close2.11
Open6.07
Bid17.64 x 1800
Ask17.71 x 2200
Day's Range6.06 - 23.00
52 Week Range0.91 - 23.00
Volume94,298,406
Avg. Volume148,767
Market Cap294.567M
Beta (5Y Monthly)N/A
PE Ratio (TTM)N/A
EPS (TTM)-0.10
Earnings DateN/A
Forward Dividend & YieldN/A (N/A)
Ex-Dividend DateN/A
1y Target Est5.00

MAYBE TIME TO COLLABORATE?
Something seems amiss here....probably my thinking.... thinking out loud.

If NVDA announced through the newswires that they were collaborating with Brainchip.....BRN would spike to $10 and the ASX could pound sand.

If Brainchip announced to the ASX they we were collaborating with NVDA what would happen. A speeding ticket, a fine, a threat to delist, an investigation, a Motley Fool article, a trading halt for days, or would it be just business as usual......and yes of course the stock price would explode.

So imagine we are collaborating with NVDA, honoring the NDA is suppressing the share-price by magnitudes.

Now consider this, the BMR/NVDA announcement is not a buy out offer but a statement of fact.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

cosors

👀
2. A figure can be a shape, a diagram, or a number; if used to describe a number, it can be composed of a single digit or of multiple digits.

Note that both number and figure can refer to a numerical value. Number is the proper word to use when referring to a mathematical value, while figure is commonly used when referring to a written or printed representation of a number.

e.g. Spok as figure 😄
u'll figure it out.
Thank you so much!! I understand that. For the first time answered and understood this at the same time. A dream!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

cosors

👀
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

TECH

Regular

I hope that all individuals, brokers or fund managers enjoy the themes embedded within these two song lyrics....Burn baby Burn.

10 months and counting down ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

cosors

👀
I don't understand now Kölle Bub, what's with the number, are the nerds here? And who emerged?
Do you write to yourself? Can I help? Everything all right with you?

Tired Jay Jay GIF by MOODMAN
We speak Kölsch here. I don't understand everything. I would like to make an effort.
So :) 😊
giphy (1).gif

§ 3 of Kölsch Cologne basic law - Et hätt noch immer jot jejange

~~Et still had jot jejange: It'll be fine...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
Amazing to see the buy/sell ratios before the walls go up…

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Yep - it's anonymous too.
Hi Diogenese
This blood sniffing idea has been mentioned by Nandan unless I am confused with a Dracula cartoon I am forced to watch with my three yer old granddaughter.😂
My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Haha

cosors

👀
Not only do you speak Köllsch, you also drink it but:

I have the answer. This is a girl with a top figure and has a number in it´s hand.

View attachment 56683

Ok, that makes sense! But why do I sometimes read figures in the sense of numbers?
The above makes really sense to me. I know what a figure is. Mine is quite slim...
I try not to think I know better, as Germans all too often proclaim.)

Enough of this topic. I have my answer thanks @BrainShit
Back to the real topic! I think (obsolete).

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀

e.g. Spock as figure 😄
u'll figure it out.
?
The figures in the Qly look quite ok, but I don't like the number of profit, not yet.
?
Now I'm really quiet. I've had a lot of Kölsch/beers intus, because of carnival. That one question interested me for ages.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ok, that makes sense! But why do I sometimes read figures in the sense of numbers?
The above makes really sense to me. I know what a figure is. Mine is quite slim...
I try not to think I know better, as Germans all too often proclaim.)

Enough of this topic. I have my answer thanks @BrainShit
Back to the real topic! I think (obsolete).
The English language is like life.

You never fully understand it.

It is just a question of figuring it out as you go along based on the context.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom