BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi FF... do you think it's possible that ARM move with the times and buy our IP to pass on to any of thier customers that want the AI Extension???
Hi Chris,

The point of being in ARM's ecosystem is that they can offer Akida for applications that need NNs, but it is unlikely that ARM will offer a processor with Akida built in unless the customer requests it. After all, our business model is based on the ARM model of IP licensing, so it will be up to the customer to decide whether ARM's Ethos or Helium will meet their needs, or whether they need a full strength SNN.

I don't know if there is a discount on the ARM IP if the customer rejects Ethos and opts for Akida.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

TECH

Regular
The amended list now showing 56 engagements:

1. FORD

2. VALEO

3. RENESAS

4. NASA

5. TATA Consulting Services

6. MEGACHIPS

7. MOSCHIP

8. SOCIONEXT

9. PROPHESEE

10. VVDN

11. TEKSUN

12. Ai LABS

13. NVISO

14. EMOTION 3D

15. ARM

16. EDGE IMPULSE

17. INTEL

18. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES

19. BLUE RIDGE ENVISIONEERING

20. MERCEDES BENZ

21. ANT 61

22. QUANTUM VENTURA

23. INFORMATION SYSTEM LABORATORIES

24. INTELLISENSE SYSTEMS

25. CVEDIA

26. LORSER INDUSTRIES

27. SiFIVE

28. IPRO SILICONE

29. SALESLINK

30. NUMEM

31. VORAGO

32. NANOSE

33. BIOTOME

34. OCULI

35. CIRCLE8 CLEAN TECHNOLOGIES

36. AVID GROUP

37. TATA ELXSI

38. GMAC INTELLIGENCE

39. EDGX

40. EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY

41 UNIGEN

42. iniVation

43. SAHOMA CONTROLWARE

44. MAGIK EYE

45. MYWAI

46. INFINEON

47. ERICSSON

48. MICROCHIP

49. ONSEMI

50. IPSOLON RESEARCH

51. University of Virginia

52. University of Oklahoma

53. Arizona State University

54. Carnegie Mellon University

55. Rochester Institute of Technology

56. Drexel University

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

That is such an impressive list.

To even consider that we haven't made any real progress over the last 3/4 years would be absurd, as
would be thinking nobody has even heard of us..all those thought patterns are a total waste of mental energy.

How many companies specializing in our field could/can boast that many engagements, sure some are immature but many are maturing very nicely, each company that is listed are spending money and a lot of time working alongside us or using our technology within their own labs, the best always seems to attract the best.

Looking forward to a great deal of positive news this year, well that's what I'm quietly expecting.

Tech.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8335.jpeg

Exciting Tech Spotlight: Google's Hand Gesture Sensor! 👋✨

Google has unveiled a game-changing Hand Gesture Sensor, leveraging low-power radar technology in the ultra-efficient 60-GHz ISM band. What's truly remarkable? Its unparalleled ability to detect hand gestures with sub-millimeter precision while maintaining minimal energy consumption.

🔮 Future Applications: Beyond just cutting-edge technology, envision the endless possibilities as this sensor integrates into a diverse range of products. From wearables to IoT devices, smartphones to cars, it promises to open up new dimensions of interaction and automation in our daily lives.

🔌 Key Features:

✅ Ultra-low power consumption
✅ Precision hand gesture recognition
✅ Versatile for use in various tech products

Get ready for a revolution in how we interact with technology! 🌐👀

#google #innovation #technology

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users

Chris B

Hi Chris,

The point of being in ARM's ecosystem is that they can offer Akida for applications that need NNs, but it is unlikely that ARM will offer a processor with Akida built in unless the customer requests it. After all, our business model is based on the ARM model of IP licensing, so it will be up to the customer to decide whether ARM's Ethos or Helium will meet their needs, or whether they need a full strength SNN.

I don't know if there is a discount on the ARM IP if the customer rejects Ethos and opts for Akida.
Thanks Dio...Forgive me if this is a stupid question as I'm not 100% on how these things work.. so if a customer wants to use Akida with Arms architecture, they buy Akida chips to achieve this or they need to buy our IP Licence?

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Dio...Forgive me if this is a stupid question as I'm not 100% on how these things work.. so if a customer wants to use Akida with Arms architecture, they buy Akida chips to achieve this or they need to buy our IP Licence?
Hi Chris,

ARM does not sell chips, only IP. That is also BRN's primary business model, but until we get established, it seems we will be making a limited number of chips available, eg VVDN, PCIe boards.

Akida IP is compatible with all ARM processor IPs.

The normal thing would be for the customer to license the ARM IP and the Akida IP. Being in ARM's ecosystem makes it easier for the customer to get both together.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 36 users

Chris B

Hi Chris,

ARM does not sell chips, only IP. That is also BRN's primary business model, but until we get established, it seems we will be making a limited number of chips available, eg VVDN, PCIe boards.

Akida IP is compatible with all ARM processor IPs.

The normal thing would be for the customer to license the ARM IP and the Akida IP. Being in ARM's ecosystem makes it easier for the customer to get both together.
Thanks Dio... makes sense

Reactions: 3 users
Hi FF... do you think it's possible that ARM move with the times and buy our IP to pass on to any of thier customers that want the AI Extension???
Hi @Chris B.

My wild speculation is that ARM has already agreed the financial arrangement with Brainchip covering sales.

I believe that ARMs new fee structure encompasses Brainchip and the upfront licence fee is amortised and paid as part of the profit share.

I do not believe that ARM would be:

1. touting AKIDA across Africa,

2. proving out its compatibility with all its processes, and

3. engaging with Brainchip in seminar/podcasts

without having nailed down the financial side of their relationship.

What this means is that all seven of my dream Brainchip customers could already be trialling and designing with ARM AKIDA IP.

Remember Edge Impulse has been working with ARM and its customers for much longer than Brainchip and its Chief Revenue Officer must have had a basis for his statement in the CES 2024 podcast that AKIDA was going to be in every semiconductor.

He must have well known that ARM provides 90 percent of the semiconductors in mobile phones and 80% of the general semiconductor market and the only pathway to semiconductor monopoly would be working arm in arm with ARM.😂🤡🤣

As I say this is my wild speculation but the facts are there for all to see.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 94 users
Is this new

IMG_0043.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

rgupta

Regular
I assume one size does not fit all. Depending on customer requirements and size they either have their own IT team or employ someone for their requirements.
As per their budget they may engage someone like megachips, socionext, edge impulse etc.
Now those chip designers recommend according to their customer requirements.
Now here comes arm and brn in picture. These chip designers can be ecosystem partners for arm, brn , sifive etc and then use particular IP.
e g for akida 1000 we used arm but we had no IP contract with contract but socionext pay to arm on our behalf.
Brianchip mentioned many times an IP is recommended only if a customer needs more than 1 million chips otherwise they can take the same from megachips, socionext or edge impulse.
As a company I don't assume brainchip or arm contact directly every IP user.

Reactions: 5 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
All the best to the genuine people here who do have good intentions and are good people.

The hypocrisy in this is laughable at best.

1000023352.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Iseki

Regular
Interesting that this involves some of our TCS friends.

What is odd is that it concerns spike rate coding, which Simon Thorpe largely debunked on the way to developing rank coding, which Akida's BRN licensed as its secret sauce.

I don't know what information they believe they can retrieve from the spike rate.
Yes-sir-ee!

I think it means that the brain has evolved to give us the inference in the quickest time possible.
So next time you go shopping, the hat you liked first, is most likely the one for you.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Chris B

Hi @Chris B.

My wild speculation is that ARM has already agreed the financial arrangement with Brainchip covering sales.

I believe that ARMs new fee structure encompasses Brainchip and the upfront licence fee is amortised and paid as part of the profit share.

What this means is that all seven of my dream Brainchip customers could already be trialling and designing with ARM AKIDA IP.

Remember Edge Impulse has been working with ARM and its customers for much longer than Brainchip and its Chief Revenue Officer must have had a basis for his statement in the CES 2024 podcast that AKIDA was going to be in every semiconductor.

He must have well known that ARM provides 90 percent of the semiconductors in mobile phones and 80% of the general semiconductor market and the only pathway to semiconductor monopoly would be working arm in arm with ARM.😂🤡🤣

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Thanks FF... sounds Fantastic and answered my question to a tee... Fingers Crossed 🤞
Hi @Chris B.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Thanks FF... sounds Fantastic and answered my question to a tee... Fingers Crossed 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
GMAC Intelligence
GMAC Intelligence
Networked Intelligence AI + 5G + Edge Compute
READ MORE

QSRBot 247 - Always there for you​

Automate your drive-thru in minutes. Connect your camera, speaker, microphone to our AIBox and start receiving orders automatically. QSRBot 247 will remember your loyal customers, offer specials, take their orders correctly and handle payments efficiently.
Read More

AIoT-as-a-Service = AI/ML + IoT + SaaS​

Enable smart connected spaces in minutes. Easy integration of our facial, vehicle or activity recognition solutions with your B2B SaaS portals (front-end or back-end) in minutes. Our software comprises AI/ML apps running on off-the-shelf hardware & a server-less cloud-enabling real-time dashboard and decision making.
300x300-08.jpg

Use-case Enablement

Touchless Attendance using facial recognition, Access Control using facial recognition or license plate recognition or any custom use-case for Smart city.
300x300-07-1.jpg

Edge AI + IOT + 5G

Algorithms and Software with state-of-the art accuracy and power efficiency on recommended off-the-shelf Edge AI platforms.
300x300-15.jpg

Real-time Dashboard

Real-time and secure updates to authorized stake-holders on events of interest. Automatic real-time report generation.

Real-time visual intelligence​

300x300-01.jpg

A plug-n-play ANPR solution – completely on-device for your office, residential , mall or business parking lot
300x300-04.jpg

A plug-n-play system for your office, residential, business or industrial access control
300x300-03.jpg

Depth, Perception, Obstacle Avoidance for Robotics platforms – drones,small-robots, autonomous vehicles

2_logo-1.png

We are an AI/ML software company. We provide AIoT-as-a-service products such as facial-recognition based attendance, vehicle and activity recognition to B2B & B2C customers.

Short Links​

Contact Us​

GMAC Intelligence
9th floor Brigade IRV Center,
Whitefield,
Bangalore 560037

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users
Hi B
Todd Vierra mentioned tapeout of AKIDA 2.0 in his interview at CES 2024.
My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Mentioned, as in: “… we will soon announce tape-out”? This should be a fairly material announcement.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
In September ‘23, I wanted to understand why I was a shareholder and realised that the terminology used in our community was actually beyond my comprehension. So, I composed a plain language summary, describing why it makes sense to have a few percent of my portfolio in BrainChip. In case any of you know someone who is in need to brush up on the basics, then feel free to forward them this link.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Teach22

Regular
Noticed an ad on tv for a show on tomorrow night about an Australian company involved in driver attention detection technology.

Apparently, it’s this mob

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

CHIPS

Regular
Hard to find a Skoda ( in Aussie ) I would imagine Slade.

However, I'm hoping that there might be a couple of owners of an ( AsKIDA " Akida 2000 " ) before tooo long, I have my fingies crossed, for that eventuality. Would you settle for one of those instead ?

Akida Ballista >>>>> Ah - AsKIDA, we needya, - IMO <<<<<

hotty...

Maybe you can find a newer Skoda that had a crash and take it apart in more detail to look for Akida?? :unsure: Check with a Skoda dealer or the nearest crash test dummy. 😁

car crash cars GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Maybe you can find a newer Skoda that had a crash and take it apart in more detail to look for Akida?? :unsure: Check with a Skoda dealer or the nearest crash test dummy. 😁

car crash cars GIF
You can't use "Akida" and "crash" in the same sentence.

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
GMAC Intelligence
GMAC Intelligence
Networked Intelligence AI + 5G + Edge Compute
READ MORE

QSRBot 247 - Always there for you​

Automate your drive-thru in minutes. Connect your camera, speaker, microphone to our AIBox and start receiving orders automatically. QSRBot 247 will remember your loyal customers, offer specials, take their orders correctly and handle payments efficiently.
Read More

AIoT-as-a-Service = AI/ML + IoT + SaaS​

Enable smart connected spaces in minutes. Easy integration of our facial, vehicle or activity recognition solutions with your B2B SaaS portals (front-end or back-end) in minutes. Our software comprises AI/ML apps running on off-the-shelf hardware & a server-less cloud-enabling real-time dashboard and decision making.
300x300-08.jpg

Use-case Enablement

Touchless Attendance using facial recognition, Access Control using facial recognition or license plate recognition or any custom use-case for Smart city.
300x300-07-1.jpg

Edge AI + IOT + 5G

Algorithms and Software with state-of-the art accuracy and power efficiency on recommended off-the-shelf Edge AI platforms.
300x300-15.jpg

Real-time Dashboard

Real-time and secure updates to authorized stake-holders on events of interest. Automatic real-time report generation.

Real-time visual intelligence​

300x300-01.jpg

A plug-n-play ANPR solution – completely on-device for your office, residential , mall or business parking lot
300x300-04.jpg

A plug-n-play system for your office, residential, business or industrial access control
300x300-03.jpg

Depth, Perception, Obstacle Avoidance for Robotics platforms – drones,small-robots, autonomous vehicles

2_logo-1.png

We are an AI/ML software company. We provide AIoT-as-a-service products such as facial-recognition based attendance, vehicle and activity recognition to B2B & B2C customers.

Short Links​

Contact Us​

GMAC Intelligence
9th floor Brigade IRV Center,
Whitefield,
Bangalore 560037

(SEE 20 second on-device identification - FF)

B2C​

AIoT-as-a-service for smart cities, businesses and enterprises

image_1.png

Enable AIoT-as-a-service in four easy steps​

1. Sign-up on gi4all.web.app​

Subscribe to our services at https://gi4all.web.app
300x300-07-1.jpg

Touchless​

Attendance​

Get a real-time dashboard of employee or visitor presence events and download employee attendance stats or approve visitors in real-time.
300x300-01.jpg

Automatic License Plate Recognition​

Get a real-time dashboard of vehicle movements through the city or industry or community and download stats.

Activity

Recognition​

Get a real-time dashboard of registered activities and download activity profiles

2. Choose off-the-shelf AI cameras​

Buy cameras directly from Amazon or our hardware partner websites!!

AI Cameras with Display​

Premium Device
Economy Device
Write to support@gmacintelligence.com for device details

Outdoor AI Cameras​

Lead time of 7* days – Write to us support@gmacintelligence.com for more details

Indoor AI Cameras​

Lead time of 7* days – Write to us support@gmacintelligence.com for more details

3. Download and install GMAC's GI4ALL App directly on the cameras​

GMAC’s on-device AI/ML applications – available on Google play store
Face-recognition.jpg

GI4ALL-FR100​

Register employees, take attendance with audio-visual feedback. Download GI4ALL FR100 from Google play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gi4all.attendance

GI4ALL-ANPR100​

Register vehicles of interest, record movement at places of interest and notify subscribers. Download GI4ALL ANPR from Google play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gi4all.anpr

GI4ALL-AR10​

Register activities of interest, record activities at events of interest and notify subscribers. Write to us at support@gmacintelligence.com for a pre-release version

4. Go live and see updates on the portal​

Real-time updates, reports and manage all your devices from a single dashboard
300x300-02.jpg

Register employees, vehicles, activities

Register 100s of employees in seconds from the portal OR 20-second on-device registration also available.

Install the device with the app at a preferred location​

Easy single-click options on the portal to group devices and share configuration and data in real-time.

Watch live​

Updates​

See the events on your dashboard as they happen in real-time.
* Depends on location. Other Apps are available for download on request

GI4ALL- Technology and Product videos​

Touchless Attendance​

Instantaneous facial recognition based attendance, 20 seconds/registration, upto 1K registrations/device.

ANPR​

ANPR technology and solution for access control and tollbooths.

Various Technology Teaser Demos​

Monocular Depth, Driver Monitoring System, Activity Recognition, Speech Recognition, Robotics

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

CHIPS

Regular
You can't use "Akida" and "crash" in the same sentence.

Oh, I did not consider that ... :eek:

Sorry Space GIF by Tim Robinson

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom