BRN Discussion Ongoing

Quatrojos

Regular
I hope Sean has hidden the IP's in partnership deals because if he hasn't gone down that line his in trouble with the lack of IP signings
He's been on a lot of dates since coming on the market. Can't wait til he gets past first base!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
If you ever wondered what happened to the noisy gut project undertaken by Western Australia university a while back and if Akida was used in anyway. Then the answer is no Akida wasn’t used unless I’m wrong.

• Love
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Kachoo

Regular
If you ever wondered what happened to the noisy gut project undertaken by Western Australia university a while back and if Akida was used in anyway. Then the answer is no Akida wasn’t used unless I’m wrong.

Thats over 2 years old that article.

I can't comment on if we are or not still working but this is pretty old.

Reactions: 1 users
Thats over 2 years old that article.

I can't comment on if we are or not still working but this is pretty old.
Is 2022 old then 😢

Reactions: 1 users

Chris B

On the issue of IP Contracts... I think it's just a simple case of getting products ready to sell before signing the finale dotted line. We have a new product and this way de-risk the customer with paid help from Brainchip to get the product ready. Big things will happen soon enough... My opinion only

Reactions: 10 users
On the issue of IP Contracts... I think it's just a simple case of getting products ready to sell before signing the finale dotted line. We have a new product and this way de-risk the customer with paid help from Brainchip to get the product ready. Big things will happen soon enough... My opinion only
Thanks for your input when do you think it'll change

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Chris B

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Chris B

Thanks for your input when do you think it'll change
When the Customers are ready.. sorry, when will it change from our side? ... how long is a piece of string? I think with any new product you need to flood the market with as many quality products with big name companies if possible and smaller in all area's... then later we will have the upper hand with the johnny come lately. Just my opinion thou

Diogenese

Top 20
When the Customers are ready.. sorry, when will it change from our side? ... how long is a piece of string? I think with any new product you need to flood the market with as many quality products with big name companies if possible and smaller in all area's... then later we will have the upper hand with the johnny come lately. Just my opinion thou
But, given the nature of our product, market flooding is not within our bailiwick.

• Thinking

rgupta

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Chris B

But, given the nature of our product, market flooding is not within our bailiwick.
True... but looks like it's the plan, by having so many partners that seem to be getting market ready using our IP in many different industries without signing the final dotted line. We seem to be lenient at the moment to simply get our IP out there for the world to see in real world action... that's kinda flooding the market... then hopefully we have plenty knocking at OUR Door. Just an opinion of a simple Truck Driver that's hoping for retirement in 3 to 4 years ;-)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

DK6161

Regular
We got a taste of that, with the original Mercedes reveal.
Next time, it will be a full course meal in my opinion..
Another great post DB.

Potential customers got a free tasting, but still looking at the menu and deciding if they want to dine in or go somewhere else with similar cuisine. What can we do to get them in the door? That's the question for our frontline staff?

Once people star to sit down and fill the tables, others will line up.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
True... but looks like it's the plan, by having so many partners that seem to be getting market ready using our IP in many different industries without signing the final dotted line. We seem to be lenient at the moment to simply get our IP out there for the world to see in real world action... that's kinda flooding the market... then hopefully we have plenty knocking at OUR Door. Just an opinion of a simple Truck Driver that's hoping for retirement in 3 to 4 years ;-)
As I keep telling my last remaining mate "Any day now!"

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users
As I keep telling my last remaining mate "Any day now!"
It feels like I can’t even mention Brainchip anymore to anyone lol
But every day gone is a day closer to that announcement or big reveal.
The odd must be in our favour now surely.

My guess is that it will surprise everyone
And only the ones with tickets can get a seat on the bus

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Found this link interesting. US Higher Gov site with awards for Blue Ridge Envisioneering. Be warned once you click on the awards themselves it only let's you do it a couple of times before it asks you to sign in. Needless to say, I don't think we have the necessary clearance 🤔.

There is the Phase 2 SBIR award that we know we are involved in which has 12 months to run. There a couple more I can't find what they are for ending 2026 and 2027.

Down the bottom are a couple where they are awardee with BAE Systems as prime awardee. These are under the Big Safari program. That is big secret squirrel stuff.

https://www.highergov.com/awardee/blue-ridge-envisioneering-inc-10007222/

https://greydynamics.com/big-safari-the-us-air-forces-marriage-with-private-acquisition/

SC

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Found this link interesting. US Higher Gov site with awards for Blue Ridge Envisioneering. Be warned once you click on the awards themselves OT only let's you do it a couple of times before it asks you to sign in. Needless to say, I don't think we have the necessary clearance 🤔.

There is the Phase 2 SBIR award that we know we are involved in which has 12 months to run. There a couple more I can't find what they are for ending 2026 and 2027.

Down the bottom are a couple where they are awarded with BAE Systems as prime awarded. These are under the Big Safari program. That is big secret squirrel stuff.

https://www.highergov.com/awardee/blue-ridge-envisioneering-inc-10007222/

https://greydynamics.com/big-safari-the-us-air-forces-marriage-with-private-acquisition/

SC
Forgot to add, there is nothing to say we are involved but nothing to say we aren't either.

SC

Reactions: 7 users

Frangipani

Regular
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Is the wait over?

Screenshot_20240205_063952_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

Flenton

Regular
At the 2022 AGM during question time a shareholder raised a question and comment regarding whether Brainchip had a flexible pricing policy as this might facilitate getting customers to sign on the dotted line. Both the Chair and the CEO answered in the affirmative that they did have a flexible approach to how they priced the technology to each individual customer.

I have mentioned an Australian company called Nanosonics as an example of a company which has a flexible pricing policy based on a number of different models. The most instructive of how a flexible pricing model can be created to sell product is the model they created with the UK's National Health. To understand how inventive sellers can be to get a sale across the line it is worthwhile following up.

Brainchip is an IP company however it has never tied itself to how it will charge out the IP to any or all customers in fact the former CEO Mr. Dinardo made a strong point that Brainchip would not be disclosing publicly how much it would be charging to maintain flexibility with its customer base. He did suggest that larger customer orders could see a price reduction.

Without changing the business model in anyway Brainchip could agree to amortise the IP licence fee over the life of the product so that the royalty paid would consist of the amount of the royalty plus an amount for the IP licence.

Brainchip makes the point when they are questioned about why such and such a partnership was not announced on the ASX that under the Continous Disclosure Rules unless they can calculate a dollar amount they are not entitled to announce such matters on the ASX.

So lets take Tata Elxsi as an example. Brainchip have released that they have partnered with Tata Elxsi to drive adoption of AKIDA technology in medical and industrial applications.

Brainchip could have contracted with Tata Elxsi on the basis that they will supply the IP and charge 'x' amount royalty and a proportion of the IP licence fee per product produced and sold.

This type of deal would be one which Brainchip would claim does not meet ASX requirements because they do not have any idea how many sales will be made and therefore cannot calculate what the value of the contract with Tata Elxsi is at this point.

When the first sale is made by Tata Elxsi even then Brainchip may not under the terms of the agreement know about the sale until Tata Elxsi accounts to them a sum of money at which point Brainchip would be entitled to then audit to ensure they have not been under or over paid.

These funds being for past events could lead to an announcement about the amount received if it is considered material in nature other wise it could just as we have been told appear in the 4C without attribution.

But ask yourself this question how can Tata Elxsi or any other partner like Microchip suggest they are going to be driving the adoption of AKIDA technology by their customers in the absence of knowledge as to what the product they are selling will cost.

It is ludicrous in the extreme to think that Tata Elxsi will do all the work to design the product and take the customers order without having Brainchip locked in to an agreed price. There is no doubt in my mind that a contract has been signed by Tata Elxsi agreeing terms with Brainchip. It cannot be otherwise.

I do not know the terms of that contract but as I suggest above it could involve amortising the IP licence fee. It could require a million units be sold before the IP licence fee becomes payable and its quantum could be then based upon the value of the future sale book at that time. Brainchip remains an IP company throughout just the terms of payment remain flexible to be agreed by the parties.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Thank you Mr Finder for the explanation.
It is the line of thought I was getting at in my short post but a lot better worded and a stack more detail.
My thought was around ARM who already mentioned something like Akida will or can be integrated into their high end processor meaning without an IP licence being announced they would have to be using one of our existing IP licence holders and I wouldn't think they would use a 3rd party.

Last edited:
Top Bottom