BRN Discussion Ongoing

BrainShit

Regular

Please go through the comments section as well
This guy is just an advertiser....

By the way here is the comparison with Loihi....

Attachments

• IMG_20240118_154158_301.jpg
    IMG_20240118_154158_301.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Mccabe84

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers ,

Zoom zoom.

Esq.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.

Good to see some demos from CES. It was unfortunate that the Prophesee demo was not working in the interview. I cringe when demos are not working the way they should as it sends a signal that either it’s not working well or that it’s unreliable and can drop offline at any moment or that Brainchip is underprepared etc. ( I know that is not the case, however I can’t help but feel the cringe) Besides that he did well in moving along not emphasising on the problem.

I personally would like to hear more during these demos why it’s impressive and how it differentiate from other AI companies. I’m sure the people in the game recognises the benefits and wow factors, but I can’t help but agree with Infineon on the podcast that Brainchip is currently selling themselves short.

We have the best in class, never seen before in the world stage Neuromorphic tech. Let’s raise some eyebrows. And if you are going to do simple demos like keyword spotting and one shot learning. Please hone in on why it’s impressive. It easy to miss the wow factor without knowing exactly how it operates.

Anyways. I’m obviously hyper focusing on what I think can be improved upon, and I do understand that it is a limited time demo etc.

I am genuinely exited after the interviews at CES 2024 and believe there is a shift happening, moving towards real world applications and revenue.

Go brainchip 👍🏻

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Lex555

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
From Southwest Reasearch Institute Annual Report 2023.

As a leader in neuromorphic processing, SwRI is exploring how advanced artificial intelligence and neuromorphic engineering can help protect military troops and assets. Neuromorphic engineering models computers after the human brain with spiking neural networks that mimic human data processing. The computer “learns” more like a human, leading to faster processing and lower power consumption. SwRI is developing a cognitive EW architecture for airborne and shipboard applications integrating these next-generation technologies. Equipped with advanced AI power, cognitive EW quickly adapts to adversarial attempts to locate an aircraft or battleship, disrupting electromagnetic signals on the spot to confuse the enemy and conceal friendly forces. Cognitive EW controls the electromagnetic spectrum to strengthen protection and defense.

https://www.swri.org/newsroom/annual-report/2023/defense-security

SC

• Wow
Reactions: 17 users
Hi All
This could be another partner but it is obvious someone let the cat out of the bag and someone else tried very hard to put it back in without complete success:

webicon_gray.png
Towards 6G Zero-Energy Internet of Things: Standards, Trends, and Recent Results

T Khan, SNK Veedu, A Rácz, M Afshang, A Höglund… - 2023 -
webicon_gray.png
techrxiv.org
… The ZE-IoT device consists of a low-power camera, a neuromorphic AI chip (the Akida neural chip from BrainChip), a low-power radio and a solar panel. The application assumes that …

Towards 6G Zero-Energy Internet of Things: Standards, Trends, and Recent Results​

Talha Khan, Sandeep Narayanan Kadan Veedu, András Rácz, Mehrnaz Afshang, Andreas Höglund, Johan Bergman

6G presents new opportunities to enrich the cellular ecosystem by introducing battery-less Zero-energy Internet of Things (ZE-IoT) devices, thus unleashing an era of massive, sustainable, and smart connectivity. This explains the increased interest in ZE-IoT in academia and industry. The road to a 6G future empowered by ZE-IoT entails cohesive efforts in the realm of standardization, academic research, and industrial trials, which are synergistic with the anticipated market demand and the dominant technology direction. In this article, we provide a holistic view of a 6G ZE-IoT future informed by the ongoing standardization activities in the 3 rd generation partnership project (3GPP) for ZE-IoT, the role of the emerging technology trends such as digital twins and artificial intelligence, and the technical challenges in integrating ZE-IoT into the cellular ecosystem. Finally, we present some recent research results to address some of the discussed challenges

They almost got it back in the bag and but for the above remaining on Google Scholar would have succeeded:

webicon_gray.png
https://www.techrxiv.org/doi/pdf/10.36227/techrxiv.170327143.35314208

Apparently Ericsson is not very big but you keep adding all these multi billion dollar minnows together and eventually the market might respond:

Ericsson (ERIC) - Market capitalization​

1707097186404.png
Companies Market Cap
https://companiesmarketcap.com › ericsson › marketcap

As of February 2024 Ericsson has a market cap of $18.24 Billion. This makes Ericsson the world's 981th most valuable company according to our data.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 100 users

Neuromorphia

fact collector
Hi All
This could be another partner but it is obvious someone let the cat out of the bag and someone else tried very hard to put it back in without complete success:

webicon_gray.png
Towards 6G Zero-Energy Internet of Things: Standards, Trends, and Recent Results

webicon_gray.png
techrxiv.org
… The ZE-IoT device consists of a low-power camera, a neuromorphic AI chip (the Akida neural chip from BrainChip), a low-power radio and a solar panel. The application assumes that …

Towards 6G Zero-Energy Internet of Things: Standards, Trends, and Recent Results​

Talha Khan, Sandeep Narayanan Kadan Veedu, András Rácz, Mehrnaz Afshang, Andreas Höglund, Johan Bergman

6G presents new opportunities to enrich the cellular ecosystem by introducing battery-less Zero-energy Internet of Things (ZE-IoT) devices, thus unleashing an era of massive, sustainable, and smart connectivity. This explains the increased interest in ZE-IoT in academia and industry. The road to a 6G future empowered by ZE-IoT entails cohesive efforts in the realm of standardization, academic research, and industrial trials, which are synergistic with the anticipated market demand and the dominant technology direction. In this article, we provide a holistic view of a 6G ZE-IoT future informed by the ongoing standardization activities in the 3 rd generation partnership project (3GPP) for ZE-IoT, the role of the emerging technology trends such as digital twins and artificial intelligence, and the technical challenges in integrating ZE-IoT into the cellular ecosystem. Finally, we present some recent research results to address some of the discussed challenges

They almost got it back in the bag and but for the above remaining on Google Scholar would have succeeded:

webicon_gray.png

Apparently Ericsson is not very big but you keep adding all these multi billion dollar minnows together and eventually the market might respond:

Ericsson (ERIC) - Market capitalization

View attachment 55928
Companies Market Cap

As of February 2024 Ericsson has a market cap of $18.24 Billion. This makes Ericsson the world's 981th most valuable company according to our data.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
nice one FF.
I need a full time assistant to keep changing the brainchip akida ecosystem page
except from page 8 of pdf download below

edit: opps... Fullmoonfever beat you to it. Dec 25, 2023... working hard on Christmas day he was.😅😂🤣😜🤭

1707097786599.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users

Rskiff

Regular
Hi All

webicon_gray.png

webicon_gray.png
techrxiv.org

webicon_gray.png

View attachment 55928
Companies Market Cap

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi @Fact Finder , didn't LDN (I think) say once that BRN was heavily involved with a major communication company. Could this be it I wonder?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 29 users
Thanks Neuromorphia.

By the way I did not mention all the authors are Ericsson employees which is why I suspect a connection.😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Hi @Fact Finder , didn't LDN (I think) say once that BRN was heavily involved with a major communication company. Could this be it I wonder?
Hi Rskiff
I cannot remember that but I believe he had Ericsson as one of the group of companies he used to example as the types of companies they could be working with back then.

Sean Hehir CEO did say they had been approached by a large communication company who wanted to use AKIDA technology for a purpose they had not envisaged. When you read up on 6G as envisaged by Ericsson and its use of Ai/ML and Cognitive Communications it does point in their direction as they are pushing the science in that regard.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi All

webicon_gray.png

webicon_gray.png
techrxiv.org

webicon_gray.png

View attachment 55928
Companies Market Cap

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi Fact Finder,

This article was published a couple of days ago, Ericsson and IIT Kharagpur partner for joint research in AI and edge computing.

EXTRACT ONLY

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 1.07.05 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 1.14.56 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

37ec29d0ed403df28ee147c647bddb20.gif

Addressing The New Wave Of The IoT With Edge AI​

2Shares
facebook sharing button

sharethis sharing button

By processing data locally, edge AI can perform faster inference and support real-time use cases.
FEBRUARY 1ST, 2024 - BY: OMAR CRUZ
popularity

Today, we are witnessing the exponential growth IoT is experiencing. Every second, 127 devices are getting connected with an expected forecast for 43 billion IoT devices by 2027. As this market grows and evolves, so does the demand for more sophisticated, powerful, energy efficient and accurate system solutions that can help enrich the way of life. Among the many crucial technologies enabling this exciting future of the IoT, Edge AI will help to enhance IoT’s capabilities by enabling data analysis, predictive insights and intelligent decision making at the edge of the IoT.

Let’s first begin with the basics – what is Edge AI?​

While developers and users might be already familiar with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or Machine Learning (ML), there’s not yet that sense of familiarity to the edge AI terminology. Edge artificial intelligence (edge AI) is the implementation and deployment of AI applications in an edge computing environment or device close to where the data is located rather than in a central environment such as in a cloud computing facility.
In practice, edge AI involves collecting data from sensors or other sources such as trackers or health monitoring devices, processing that data locally on the edge device using an AI model, and then using the output of the model to trigger an action or send a notification. By processing data locally, edge AI can help perform much faster inference and support real-time use cases, reduce latency and network traffic, improve privacy and security as well as energy efficiency.
Today, developers are looking at a wide range of use cases and applications to be used in the edge AI such as facial/gesture recognition used in appliances and smart home systems; wearables and health monitoring devices; predictive maintenance in factory automation; as well as security cameras using AI to detect and handle suspicious activity in real-time, adding efficiency and less expensive services.
Common use cases to be deploying AI include smart speakers and voice assistant technology using speech recognition analysis relying on a set of complex AI technologies. These include the use of automatic speech recognition (ASR) to convert the sound waves into words and converting those words into actual meanings by using Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and then the smart speaker responding by using Natural Language Generation (NLG).
Additional trends include the smart home market where AI is set to improve the efficiency of edge devices and provide frictionless user experiences. Examples like adjusting water and detergent amount as well as rinsing and spinning times for more efficient washing in washing machines; or learning users’ preferred temperatures, detecting indoor and outdoor temperatures and recognizing the people in the room in thermostats; or ovens personalizing meals depending on users’ taste while being able to provide safety by making sure only adults are able to use the device; and even differentiating floor types and optimize cleaning and battery efficiency in vacuum cleaners. All of these use cases utilize complex AI algorithms at the edge.

Fig. 1: PSoC Edge target applications.
It is normal for a new trend or technology to bring new challenges and key aspects to be aware about, and edge AI is no exception to this. What we currently see is that edge AI has a particular impact on the following areas:
Higher performance (and low power): The growth of the IoT results in the need for more sensors, which in turn results in the sharing of more information, augmenting the complexity of the devices including the need for more computing capabilities. Now, with the added variant of being able to process ML operations on the device itself, the need for a high-performing core plus a neural net compute hardware accelerator to perform ML operations, (both) become essential for this new generation of edge devices. This requirement becomes even more challenging when we add power optimization to the equation so that battery-operated and power-conscious end devices are able to perform efficiently while consuming less power. The upside: Less energy is consumed by storing data and running algorithms on the edge device than would be needed for transferring everything to the cloud.
Security and privacy: While edge AI devices perform the majority of their operations and data processing locally, mitigating security and privacy concerns since less data is sent out to the cloud and external locations, this does not mean that all the data in the edge AI device is inherently protected against attacks. As security attacks continue to evolve, a robust, right-sized level of embedded security is needed across edge AI devices in order to maintain the integrity and privacy of the data.
Lack of expertise, time consumption, and comprehensive enablement: It is next to impossible to develop edge AI devices without the right expertise. This can come in the form of lack of hardware knowledge on how to use certain accelerators and processors optimized for AI/ML, or a lack of experience in how software is used in the development and deployment of AI models. A lack of knowledge and time consumption concerns could prevent developers from opting for the best approach or restrict management from taking the right decision.
Certainly, in these cases, having a well-rounded, robust hardware and software with an end-to-end toolchain solution provided by experts would help to reduce uncertainty, as well as speed up time to market for the next generation of edge AI devices.
Infineon’s PSoC Edge addresses the edge AI challenges by introducing a new family of microcontrollers with a broad spectrum of capabilities including high performance, low power, state-of-the-art security and comprehensive enablement for a faster time to market.
As stated, the increasing system complexity – with sensors aggregation as well as complex data being handled at the edge – is pushing the limits of performance in the microcontroller space. At the same time, low-power consumption and high energy efficiency continues to be the need of the hour across the IoT world. To support these requirements, Infineon has introduced a multi-domain architecture approach with PSoC Edge offering high performance capabilities, including a high-performance core and a 🧐hardware accelerated 🧐neural processor unit🧐, while also supporting increased energy efficiency by featuring an ultra-low-power domain for Always-On applications. This allows an IoT device to remain in deep sleep mode while being 🧐able to detect acoustic events or 🧐face detection actions and trigger actions so the system can fully wake-up, perform the task required and go back to sleep, maximizing energy efficiency and resulting in longer battery life without sacrificing performance. Thus, edge AI does not only accelerate digitalization but also helps support decarbonization via power optimization.
As mentioned above, another key challenge is to safeguard data protection and minimize security threats. So, it becomes necessary for solution providers to equip their edge AI offerings with higher levels of security such that more secured devices are available for consumers. If not properly protected, Edge AI devices can be tampered with, subsequently becoming a point of entry within the network. Furthermore, in this case attackers can get hold of Edge AI enabled devices broadly available in the market like thermostats, smart speakers or smart locks, analyze them for vulnerabilities and create malicious software to compromise the technology and the network. For these reasons, having a robust, right-sized embedded security architecture becomes paramount for these new wave of Edge AI devices.
Lastly, Infineon understands the importance of time to market for an Edge AI device. With its recent acquisition of Imagimob, Infineon also now adds the capability to offer an end-to-end ML platform with high flexibility and ease of use, with a strong focus on delivering production-grade ML models. With strong ecosystem partners, comprehensive documentation, evaluation kits with connectivity and HMI modules, as well as the industry-recognized ModusToolbox software, integrated with Imagimob’s edge AI development platform and its Ready Models for a faster and validated way to take ML-enabled microcontrollers to production, PSoC Edge provides the hardware, software and tools offerings for a friction-free design experience and an accelerated time to market.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

Guzzi62

Regular
TheFunkMachin raised an interesting question:

Who will actually be buying the IP's: The chip manufacturers like TSMC, Samsung, Intel, Nivdia and many more?

Or will Mercedes Benz (as a juicy example) actually buy it?

I will make most sense to me that the chip manufacturers buy the IP's and not individual companies using chips in their products.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
TheFunkMachin raised an interesting question:

Who will actually be buying the IP's: The chip manufacturers like TSMC, Samsung, Intel, Nivdia and many more?

Or will Mercedes Benz (as a juicy example) actually buy it?

I will make most sense to me that the chip manufacturers buy the IP's and not individual companies using chips in their products.
Hi Guzzi
Your question was actually answered by Douglass Fairbairn in a podcast he did for MegaChips.

He said words to the effect that they had two classes of customer. The first were sophisticated customers who had their own in house expertise and were comfortable with designing in IP into their existing platform/s with some assistance from MegaChips.

The second had little in house expertise and just wanted to plug and play AKIDA with their existing processor so to speak.

He went on to say that at that early point they were assessing the demand from this second group of customers and if it was justified MegaChips would produce an AKIDA based chip that they could supply off the shelf.

As a result of this comment I personally found it very interesting that Douglass Fairbairn released on his LinkedIn account that MegaChips had helped with the backend design of AKD1500 which is specifically designed to use the customers own CPU/processor.

I then found it interesting that in the podcasts with various industry participants Nandan on multiple occasions spoke about AKIDA being added to the customers existing processor to offload the Ai processing.

This to me tied in with what Douglass Fairbairn had said.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

manny100

Regular
I seem to remember Sean mentioning in Investor Prsentation a Telcommunications company they were in advanced discussions with but they pulled the pin due to economic uncertainty COVID?

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
nice one FF.
I need a full time assistant to keep changing the brainchip akida ecosystem page
except from page 8 of pdf download below

edit: opps... Fullmoonfever beat you to it. Dec 25, 2023... working hard on Christmas day he was.😅😂🤣😜🤭

View attachment 55929
Hi Neuro

Yes he did in one sense but at the time he did not know if it was just a private project by the researchers concerned.

What I discovered is that when you click the link the paper has been removed from public view which would be quite unusual if it was no more than a private project without any commercial ramifications.

Hence why I suggest this was much more and the cat was being put back into the bag as best it could be.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users
I seem to remember Sean mentioning in Investor Prsentation a Telcommunications company they were in advanced discussions with but they pulled the pin due to economic uncertainty COVID?
Hi Manny
I have some memory of this but this paper was published in December, 2023 and well past any effects of Covid so either Ericsson resurrected the project or Brainchip is dealing with more than one communication company.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Reactions: 21 users
Hi Neuro

Yes he did in one sense but at the time he did not know if it was just a private project by the researchers concerned.

What I discovered is that when you click the link the paper has been removed from public view which would be quite unusual if it was no more than a private project without any commercial ramifications.

Hence why I suggest this was much more and the cat was being put back into the bag as best it could be.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Thank God for screenshots huh :LOL:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Sony + Ericsson + Akida ?

Screenshot_20240205_141823_Brave.jpg

• Fire
  • Love