BRN Discussion Ongoing

2:08 - What vehicle did RT mention?
I was adjusting my hearing aid at the time but thought I heard Rob say Confirmation-Benz, cant be sure though.

In all seriousness though, I liked the context in which it was mentioned given they were talking about in cabin experience and in cabin monitoring.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Never fear mate , the partnerships we have are out of this world, as good as IP Deals for me personally
Take it easy mate… it was a joke you know…
1705911499784.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I was adjusting my hearing aid at the time but thought I heard Rob say Confirmation-Benz, cant be sure though.

In all serious though, I liked the context in which it was mentioned given they were talking about in cabin experience and in cabin monitoring.
Isn't that "Confirmation Bias"?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
CES interview with Rob's twin brother Ron...

The irony of when the interviewer appears to adjust their hearing aid mid interview and the look on Rob's face was not lost on me.

"We've had a lot of success at ces so it's a good year for BrainChip "

🤞🥳🔥

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

The irony of when the interviewer appears to adjust their hearing aid mid interview and the look on Rob's face was not lost on me.

Cracks me up, from 2.20 minutes..

Rob "BrainChip's been touting that technology for a couple of years now"

Don "A couple of years??"

Rob "Yes"

Don "How many years?"

Rob "So, about two.."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

manny100

Regular
Brainchip themselves are happy to include the connection the Merc connection on the website... Have been for a long while. Its in black and white.
Only those grabbing at downramping straws deny it to cause problems.
Quote from BRN website:

"

Motortrend: Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX Concept: Did You See This Coming, Elon?​

via Motortrend
NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING
Neuro what? Neuromorphic computing is a form of information processing whose hardware runs so-called spiking neural networks. These artificial neural networks mimic natural neural networks, firing only when certain thresholds are reached. Mercedes says the system reduces energy consumption “by orders of magnitude.”
Mercedes engineers worked with California-based artificial-intelligence developer BrainChip to create systems based on the company’s Akida hardware and software. Among other things, the technology makes the “Hey, Mercedes” voice control system in the EQXX five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Moonshot

Regular
Open Neuromorphic Case Study Using Akida
Also mentions a city wide deployment that they have permission for in this video

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
I like the part where the interviewer asks if the tech is being utilized right now!!!!!!……..nope!

3:05
so on is this technology being utilized
3:07
right now um it's still in the process
3:09
of being adopted right so part of AI is
3:12
the fact that it takes a while for these
3:14
Technologies to not only be developed
3:17
but then you have to get them to a level
3:18
of accuracy that we as consumers are
3:21
going to be able to use on an everyday
3:22
basis
I think you should apply for a job

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20

In all seriousness though, I liked the context in which it was mentioned given they were talking about in cabin experience and in cabin monitoring.
let's talk about the cabin of a vehicle, ... Mercedes... recognize the driver, recognize voice, recognize gestures, ...

We had confirmation of in-cabin key word spotting with EQXX with a suggestion that there may be more ...
Brainchip themselves are happy to include the connection the Merc connection on the website... Have been for a long while. Its in black and white.
Only those grabbing at downramping straws deny it to cause problems.
Quote from BRN website:

"

Motortrend: Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX Concept: Did You See This Coming, Elon?​

via Motortrend
NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING
Neuro what? Neuromorphic computing is a form of information processing whose hardware runs so-called spiking neural networks. These artificial neural networks mimic natural neural networks, firing only when certain thresholds are reached. Mercedes says the system reduces energy consumption “by orders of magnitude.”
Mercedes engineers worked with California-based artificial-intelligence developer BrainChip to create systems based on the company’s Akida hardware and software. Among other things, the technology makes the “Hey, Mercedes” voice control system in the EQXX five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control."

- now Rob is talking about driver recognition, gesture recognition, and voice recognition (is that individual voices as opposed to general word spotting?) in the context of in-cabin monitoring and, by-the-way, this could be in, for example, Mercedes ... and still being developed, just as MB said the other day in the context of announcing a development partner (they have already announced Nvidia and Qualcomm) in the not-too-distant future.

Well the Akida silicon has been developed, but what else needs to be "developed" is the data models for speech, gestures, etc, and while there are some general purpose models available for CNN software, the specific in-cabin models are a horse of a different colour (remind me to tell you about Green Horse). And, if Akida is to be used, the models should be in SNN format. I don't now whether they can be developed in SNN directly (it is possible in theory), but it may be faster to develop or adapt CNN models and convert to SNN.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

manny100

Regular
let's talk about the cabin of a vehicle, ... Mercedes... recognize the driver, recognize voice, recognize gestures, ...

We had confirmation of in-cabin key word spotting with EQXX with a suggestion that there may be more ...

- now Rob is talking about driver recognition, gesture recognition, and voice recognition (is that individual voices as opposed to general word spotting?) in the context of in-cabin monitoring and, by-the-way, this could be in, for example, Mercedes ... and still being developed, just as MB said the other day in the context of announcing a development partner (they have already announced Nvidia and Qualcomm) in the not-too-distant future.

Well the Akida silicon has been developed, but what else needs to be "developed" is the data models for speech, gestures, etc, and while there are some general purpose models available for CNN software, the specific in-cabin models are a horse of a different colour (remind me to tell you about Green Horse). And, if Akida is to be used, the models should be in SNN format. I don't now whether they can be developed in SNN directly (it is possible in theory), but it may be faster to develop CNN models and convert to SNN.
Around 2.10 of the interview Rob does mention Driver recognition, Gesture and voice. He then said its been around a couple of years which coincides with the timing of including an article on the Brainchip website (January 2022) concerning the Brainchip/Merc tie up.
It was regarded as pretty bi news at the time.
Is it possible Merc will use AKIDA via the chips being integrated in Qualcomm, NVIDIA etc products. Merc have a team evidently putting it all together.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I came across a company on LinkedIn called Fortinet after a like by Rob Telson. They are into cybersecurity. When I looked into them a little further I came across this article from 2020. It sounds like what Akida does but don’t think it could be due to the article being from 2020 and no revenue linked to them that I know of. Anyone heard of them before?

Self-learning AI​

To address the challenge of talent shortage in cybersecurity, Fortinet unveiled FortiAI Virtual Security Analyst to accelerate threat remediation. FortiAI handles many of the time consuming, manual tasks currently expected of security professionals, preserving their time for higher-value security functions. FortiAI’s self-learning capabilities continue to get smarter once deployed in an organization’s network.

FortiAI learns new malware features as it adapts to new attacks instantaneously and reduces false positives.

FortiAI with its self-learning AI model does not require internet connectivity to learn and mature, enabling organizations with closed environments or stringent security policies to stay ahead of threats.

I think Sean Hehir has been involved previously with HP, if I'm not mistaken.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 9.43.06 pm.png
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 9.43.13 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love

Bravo

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

keyeat

Regular

I wouldn’t read into his reaction, seemed more like an awkward moment!

What is interesting/ disappointing to hear is when the interviewer asks “is this technology being utilised today?” To which Rob responds “it’s still in the process of being adopted “ ……

Don’t think we will be seeing anything any time soon ….. hoping I’m wrong 😑

• Fire
  • Thinking

wilzy123

Founding Member
“it’s ok to say No to Dot joining”…….your words not mine……I also don’t need to work!……..my post is exactly what Rob said….shoot the messenger if you don’t like it, not me!

Does Services Australia know you spend more time on TSE than looking for gainful employment?

Your contributions might be more well received among the deadbeat intellect prevalent on the crapper. They probably have whole threads dedicated to your material.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

“it’s ok to say No to Dot joining”…….your words not mine……I also don’t need to work!……..my post is exactly what Rob said….shoot the messenger if you don’t like it, not me!

Buzz off RegButtface! We're in with Mercedes so suck on that! 😝

giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

manny100

Regular
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...ercedes....😋
Yep, he said companies like Mercedes announce tech that can perform multiple functions at the same time, gesture, voice and the person.
He said BRN have been touting this tech for around 2 years.
A little later he said BRN can recognise others in the vehicle by voice and gesture recognition. Around 2.30. A passenger who takes the wheel eg labelled Junior and has restrictions on driving eg speed will be recognised by the vehicle vis voice and or gestures. The interviewer was almost floored by this and said " this is almost scary'.
This is really advanced shiete.
Its obvious Merc is on board.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Everyone knows that you are the ‘In-joke’ of the forum….except you!!….your memes are lame (burning bin….ha ha)…..

Ooof LMAO. When you rattle off "Everyone" you basically became that guy who used "Bro" in their argument and sunk even further below their already trashed cred ROFL.

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn’t read into his reaction, seemed more like an awkward moment!

What is interesting/ disappointing to hear is when the interviewer asks “is this technology being utilised today?” To which Rob responds “it’s still in the process of being adopted “ ……

Don’t think we will be seeing anything any time soon ….. hoping I’m wrong 😑
His answer Keyeat and @RegBet, is a little odd..

Don "Is this technology being utilised right now?"

Rob "It's still in the process of being adopted"

Was he referring specifically to the application he was describing?
You'ld assume he was referring to AKIDA technology in general (at least Don seemed to be).

But then why say that, when we know 100% that it's in the VVDN box, basically now? (although I guess, they are only available for pre-order and not actually working "in the field").

So, taking that into consideration, we know that nothing is actually "in the market yet" but that doesn't mean that there aren't products "ready" (process of being adopted) to go?

The VVDN box, being a prime example.

So looks like, there will definitely not be the start of any royalty revenue, in the coming quarterly.

There will be a small amount of engineering fees and hopefully a surprise lump or two of IP licence revenue through MegaChips (which is not required as an ASX announcement, as it's indirect).

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

thats funny…cause you are the guy who actually used ‘Bro’………ask BRAVO to send you a ‘Bro‘ Meme to reply to me….she has more cred than you…..just.

200w (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom