BRN Discussion Ongoing

Damo4

Regular
Who knows really? This is why we are 16cents.

Your link says the hearing aide uses a DNN (deep neural network) as opposed to an SNN a spiking neural network. Not good.
But you can make your SNN have many hidden layers which would be called a Deep (Spiking) neural network.

Then they call their processor a "neuro processor".
So this also is (maybe purposefully) confusing. All the NVIDA type processors are referred to as "neural processing". Ours ( and loihi ) are "neuromorphic processors."

So that is the trouble we have when trying to decipher what's happening thru marketing blurbs. So really we can only go on what shares the board members are holding.

Therefore the answer to your question is: You are not allowed to know.

How did it take you 128 words to say "I don't know?"

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
IoT will one of our areas. It comes handy that we will have soon 50 year battery (not larger than a coin) that can power the devices for generations.

It’s just a curiosity or will change the IoT?

Hi B
I have a Seiko watch that claims to be powered by a ten year battery. I have only had it for four years but still going.

Brainchip claims it’s low power requirements are such as to make it suitable for wearables using energy harvesting technologies. In theory it can run forever or at least a lifetime then wait for the next living creature to put it on and power it up.😇

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Iseki

Regular
How did it take you 128 words to say "I don't know?"
Consider yourself lucky. I thought I should explain some of the things to look out for - SNN v DNN, neural network v neuromorphic.

I also wanted to posit the following, as kindly as possible, that: Why are we asking if "we're not allowed to know the answer."

I then went on to consider whether this problem could be answered by using "zero knowledge trust" systems. But I couldn't find a snazzy gif for this, so I deleted that and decided I'll start a new thread for it instead. You are welcome to that thread, anytime.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

MDhere

Regular
Tidying my saved stuff so i thought i should take us down memory lane with my love -
20240122_131738.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Who knows really? This is why we are 16cents.

Your link says the hearing aide uses a DNN (deep neural network) as opposed to an SNN a spiking neural network. Not good.
But you can make your SNN have many hidden layers which would be called a Deep (Spiking) neural network.

Then they call their processor a "neuro processor".
So this also is (maybe purposefully) confusing. All the NVIDA type processors are referred to as "neural processing". Ours ( and loihi ) are "neuromorphic processors."

So that is the trouble we have when trying to decipher what's happening thru marketing blurbs. So really we can only go on what shares the board members are holding.

Therefore the answer to your question is: You are not allowed to know.
Hi Iseki

I read in one of the AKIDA 2.0 blurbs yesterday they can run CNN, DNN etc so it is really all too hard.

Someone somewhere posted another hearing aid from Chromatic Inc I think and they were claiming a world leading breakthrough along the lines of noise cancellation.

In the US last year or the year before they deregulated hearing aids and literally hundreds of suppliers have come out of the woodwork competing on price and claimed technology advances.

Of all the technology areas to research trying to find Brainchip it has become the hardest as a result.

Going way, way back before Sean Hehir was born Peter van der Made said something about Cochlear (COH) and his AKIDA technology. That dot has been turned inside out without success.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Iseki

Regular
Hi Iseki

I read in one of the AKIDA 2.0 blurbs yesterday they can run CNN, DNN etc so it is really all too hard.

Someone somewhere posted another hearing aid from Chromatic Inc I think and they were claiming a world leading breakthrough along the lines of noise cancellation.

In the US last year or the year before they deregulated hearing aids and literally hundreds of suppliers have come out of the woodwork competing on price and claimed technology advances.

Of all the technology areas to research trying to find Brainchip it has become the hardest as a result.

Going way, way back before Sean Hehir was born Peter van der Made said something about Cochlear (COH) and his AKIDA technology. That dot has been turned inside out without success.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Thanks Fact Finder, you're right of course, but it just gets my goat that some hearing aid startup wouldn't stick akida inside and shout it to the world.
After all akida does signal cleaning, noise reduction etc, without having to think!

You can see from the advertising of the linked Starkey one, it's all about being appified - ie you need to use a smartphone to work it properly - presumably by selecting your environment type ( candle lit dinner or at the footy), plus it has these other weak selling points - it can phone your next of kin if you fall off a horse etc.

My fear is that it is the good ship Bainchip herself that is demanding the secrecy. And before too long I would hope that Sean can tie himself to the mast and listen to the siren song of deals, some of which, we can announce.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Thanks Fact Finder, you're right of course, but it just gets my goat that some hearing aid startup wouldn't stick akida inside and shout it to the world.
After all akida does signal cleaning, noise reduction etc, without having to think!

You can see from the advertising of the linked Starkey one, it's all about being appified - ie you need to use a smartphone to work it properly - presumably by selecting your environment type ( candle lit dinner or at the footy), plus it has these other weak selling points - it can phone your next of kin if you fall off a horse etc.

My fear is that it is the good ship Bainchip herself that is demanding the secrecy. And before too long I would hope that Sean can tie himself to the mast and listen to the siren song of deals, some of which, we can announce.
Hi Iseki
In 2020 Mr. Dinardo answered a question about NDAs and in fact answered to the effect that more often than not it was Brainchip demanding water tight NDAs.

Sadly not everyone is honest and you cannot leave your front door unlocked and your keys on the dashboard anymore.😞

The CCP will getcha if you don’t watch out.😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Hi Pom
Interesting paper form 2022 that covers much of the ground TSEx has traversed. I extracted the following simply because Quantum Ventura first came to notice as a result of its Research for the US Department of Homeland Security to create a hand held device to do something similar. As we all know it was rather keen on the idea of using AKD1000 for $US50.00 over a Nvidia GPU for $US30,000. Nothing knew but useful to understand what the thinking is around this type of device/s:

Theme C: Security and First-responders Chemicalsensingtechnologiescanbeusedtoassessenvironmentsandidentifydangeroussituations.Accordingtoa report fromtheCenters for DiseaseControl andPrevention, inthe57,975 chemical incidents reported fromJanuary1991 to September 2009, the top five chemicals associated with chemical injury were carbon monoxide, ammonia, chlorine, hydrochloric acid, and sulfuric acid;totaling$45millionindamages annually(Anderson,2015).Proof-of-conceptsensing technologies havebeendemonstratedfor anumber of toxic industrial chemicals (TICs) and toxins, such as ammonia, hydrogen cyanide,chlorine,arsine,phosgene,etc.(Limetal.,2009;Raman etal.,2009). Toassessdangersin public spaces and in emergency situationsweneedtomonitorfor illicit andtoxicsubstances, localizeexplosivesand other hazards,and be able to assess danger in rapidly changing catastrophic environments.Participantsin the workshop agreed that there is great benefitto expanding the use ofchemicalsensing technologiesin security and firstresponse in emergency situations. Improve safety and performance of first responders. Chemical sensing technologies can be implemented to improve the safety and performance of first-responders in emergencies. To this end, goals and objectives include developing technologies that rapidly and reliably assess the environment to provide actionable information to first responders. For example, portable chemical sensing technology could be developed to help firefighters detect the presence of dangerous toxins. These technologies could be wearable or be designed to go into hazardous environments ahead of first responders. In the same vein, chemical sensing technologies could be used to monitor the health and safety of first responders themselves, and that of the public, in dangerous conditions. Here, there is an overlap with the point-of-care theme discussed below, as technologies developed for health monitoring could also be utilized by emergency medical services in the field to rapidly diagnose and monitor. Importantly, any technologies developed to be used by first-responders in the field will need to be portable, compatible with other first-responder gear, fast, and easy to use. Threat monitoring. There is a need for chemical sensing technologies to monitor for threat agents and other hazardous conditions in public spaces and public utilities. Goals include: improving industrial hazard monitoring, i.e., monitoring for TICs, toxic industrial materials (TIMs), and diesel and gasoline fumes; developing chemical sensing technologies for threat agents, such as explosives, in urban settings; and detecting illicit products and elements in the environment and public water sources. As a crossover with the agriculture theme, chemical sensing technologies could also be used to detect invasive pests at border crossings. Chemical sensing technologies may be uniquely beneficial for identifying and monitoring illicit drug manufacturing sites and shipping containers. Dogs are currently used to “follow the trail” of an odorant, but current training methods are limited by the availability of odorants. To this end, there is an opportunity to develop non-toxic simulants of toxic smells and employ virtual scent generation and virtual reality to better train animals used for these purposes. Eventually, future synthetic chemical sensor technologies may replace canine models. Improve safety and performance of the military. Finally, chemical sensing technologies also have the capability to improve the safety of the military in the field. Joong Kim (Office of Naval Research; ONR) provided a key note talk that provided details regarding challenges in field deployment and other considerations/constraints that needs to be considered for field operation. Such deployment are by necessity not within the 3 year time line of interest to the NSF convergence acceleration program."

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

GrandRhino

Founding Member
What do you think about this Swarovski glasses?

Hi @7für7

I was just looking at these too and am having trouble finding what NPU they use.

This article that I found has the most information I can come across.

Were you able to work out any details about the NPU?

Interestingly it looks to work offline:
"That data set consumes less storage space than the full Merlin app and allows the binoculars to have an on-board reference library that essentially includes every bird from every bird pack—roughly 8,000 birds total. The processor needs no connectivity to access it."

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Cheers 🍻

IMG_8211.jpeg

There are a number of potential technologies under development that would prevent impaired people from starting a vehicle, including breath- or touch-based sensors to detect alcohol. Another potential option is using cameras to monitor eye movements to try to determine if drivers are intoxicated.

IMG_8212.jpeg

Canadian firm Magna International – which supplies parts to many new-car companies – used the 2024 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas to showcase its new technology, which uses breath sensors and cameras to determine whether a driver is impaired by alcohol.

Attachments

• IMG_8211.jpeg
    IMG_8211.jpeg
    923.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

TopCat

Regular
I came across a company on LinkedIn called Fortinet after a like by Rob Telson. They are into cybersecurity. When I looked into them a little further I came across this article from 2020. It sounds like what Akida does but don’t think it could be due to the article being from 2020 and no revenue linked to them that I know of. Anyone heard of them before?

Self-learning AI​

To address the challenge of talent shortage in cybersecurity, Fortinet unveiled FortiAI Virtual Security Analyst to accelerate threat remediation. FortiAI handles many of the time consuming, manual tasks currently expected of security professionals, preserving their time for higher-value security functions. FortiAI’s self-learning capabilities continue to get smarter once deployed in an organization’s network.

FortiAI learns new malware features as it adapts to new attacks instantaneously and reduces false positives.

FortiAI with its self-learning AI model does not require internet connectivity to learn and mature, enabling organizations with closed environments or stringent security policies to stay ahead of threats.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

7für7

Regular
Cheers 🍻

View attachment 54918

There are a number of potential technologies under development that would prevent impaired people from starting a vehicle, including breath- or touch-based sensors to detect alcohol. Another potential option is using cameras to monitor eye movements to try to determine if drivers are intoxicated.

View attachment 54917

Canadian firm Magna International – which supplies parts to many new-car companies – used the 2024 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas to showcase its new technology, which uses breath sensors and cameras to determine whether a driver is impaired by alcohol.

Canadian firm? Jeeez please no akida inside 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Canadian firm? Jeeez please no akida inside 😭
Never fear mate , the partnerships we have are out of this world, as good as IP Deals for me personally

Reactions: 1 users

7für7

Regular
Never fear mate , the partnerships we have are out of this world, as good as IP Deals for me personally
Take it easy mate… it was a joke you know…

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Moonshot

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Moonshot

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
CES interview with Rob's twin brother Ron...

The irony of when the interviewer appears to adjust their hearing aid mid interview and the look on Rob's face was not lost on me.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Diogenese

Top 20
CES interview with Rob's twin brother Ron...

The irony of when the interviewer appears to adjust their hearing aid mid interview and the look on Rob's face was not lost on me.

2:08 - What vehicle did RT mention?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom