BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
Has anyone connected dot to xperri? Vaguely remember their name somewhere along the line. Partners with Prophesee and nearly every car brand on the planet according to their site. Also have neuromorphic in their in cabin sensors.

https://xperi.com/solutions/connected-car/

https://dts.com/autosense/

SC
Sounds promising sc, we get a mention in forbes here too

Screenshot_20240121_080047_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
“Privacy continues to be one of the biggest consumer concerns when vision-based technology is used in our products such as DMS and TV services. Prophesee’s event-based Metavision technology enables us to take our ‘privacy by design’ principle to an even more secure level by allowing scene understanding without the need to have explicit visual representation of the scene.

By capturing only changes in every pixel, rather than the entire scene as with traditional frame-based imaging sensors, our algorithms can derive knowledge to sense what is in the scene, without a detailed representation of it. We have developed a proof-of-concept demo that demonstrates DMS is fully possible using neuromorphic sensors. Using a 1MP neuromorphic sensor we can infer similar performance as an active NIR illumination 2MP vision sensor-based solution.

Going forward, we focus on the GenX320 neuromorphic sensor that can be used in privacy-sensitive smart devices to improve user experience.”

Petronel Bigioi
Chief Technology Officer

xperri sounds promising but got to get up in 3 hours to drive to a funeral. 3 hour drive so better get some 😴

SC
We've looked at Xperi (nee Fotonation) before.

Very von Neumann.

GenX320 is the Prophesee el cheapo DVS with 320*320 pixels.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Has anyone connected dot to xperri? Vaguely remember their name somewhere along the line. Partners with Prophesee and nearly every car brand on the planet according to their site. Also have neuromorphic in their in cabin sensors.

https://xperi.com/solutions/connected-car/

https://dts.com/autosense/

SC

HI SC,

Xperri worked with Brainchip on a FPGA many years ago but were also developing their own products; they are a well established company.

We replaced them in the smart cabin space with MB so based on that I would hazard a guess Akida is superior!

However as we know in some areas where there is existing relationships/products ”Good enough“ will suffice. Akida’s positives, SWaP, one shot learning and now TENNs needs to be needed to disrupt/replace existing products.

As with MB where a need for a superior product/technology has been identified we are now included; it’s my opinion once mass production starts it will be for many years to come because what is currently working against us (good enough will do) will later work for us.

Again it’s my opinion but patience is needed. If we are in a position to be able to ride out the painful SP woes; eventually those companies we are aware of; TATA, MB, Onsemi, Renesas, Arm, Megachips, Valeo etc will eventually have their products to market, revenue will flow and all will be right in the world.

I think the company is in a much better place within the ecosystem than it has ever been, (Edge AI ecosystem didn’t really exist when I first bought in) so it is disheartening to see the SP where it is but that is out of my control. It’s my view Brainchip is following their roadmap as best they can and the recent CES reveals shows it is working. It’s obvious most investors, including me did not understand the lengthy time to market and had the “Build it and they will come approach.” PVDM and AM have built it but the integration into products is a long path, especially in the medical and auto industry. That doesn’t mean Brainchip is not a success; it just means the path has been longer and harder than expected.

In the mean time I’m getting on with life. Watching the SP every day and complaining about it helps no one!

I have a heap of whiners and whingers on ignore so all I see is good posters arguing with no one!

In the real world if someone is annoying you; you walk away. The ignore button is a God send on this forum. Thanks Zeebot!

Thanks to all those who kindly share relevant information; it’s much appreciated.

:)

Edit; @Diogenese kindly corrected me that it was Xillinx we replaced, not Xperi. I got that wrong. My sentiment remains the same. Patience is key!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
HI SC,

Xperri worked with Brainchip on a FPGA many years ago but were also developing their own products; they are a well established company.

We replaced them in the smart cabin space with MB so based on that I would hazard a guess Akida is superior!

However as we know in some areas where there is existing relationships/products ”Good enough“ will suffice. Akida’s positives, SWaP, one shot learning and now TENNs needs to be needed to disrupt/replace existing products.

As with MB where a need for a superior product/technology has been identified we are now included; it’s my opinion once mass production starts it will be for many years to come because what is currently working against us (good enough will do) will later work for us.

Again it’s my opinion but patience is needed. If we are in a position to be able to ride out the painful SP woes; eventually those companies we are aware of; TATA, MB, Onsemi, Renesas, Arm, Megachips, Valeo etc will eventually have their products to market, revenue will flow and all will be right in the world.

I think the company is in a much better place within the ecosystem than it has ever been, (Edge AI ecosystem didn’t really exist when I first bought in) so it is disheartening to see the SP where it is but that is out of my control. It’s my view Brainchip is following their roadmap as best they can and the recent CES reveals shows it is working. It’s obvious most investors, including me did not understand the lengthy time to market and had the “Build it and they will come approach.” PVDM and AM have built it but the integration into products is a long path, especially in the medical and auto industry. That doesn’t mean Brainchip is not a success; it just means the path has been longer and harder than expected.

In the mean time I’m getting on with life. Watching the SP every day and complaining about it helps no one!

I have a heap of whiners and whingers on ignore so all I see is good posters arguing with no one!

In the real world if someone is annoying you; you walk away. The ignore button is a god send on this forum. Thanks Zeebot!

Thanks to all those who kindly share relevant information; it’s much appreciated.

And to you sg, keep up the great work 🤙

• Love
Hi All
It is little things like this successful project using the Edge Impulse platform which I find AKIDA technology affirming:

“Gesture Appliances Control with Pose Detection - BrainChip AKD1000

Control your TV, Air Conditioner or Lightbulb by just pointing your finger at them, using the BrainChip AKD1000 achieving great accuracy and low power consumption.
Created By: Christopher Mendez
Public Project Link: https://studio.edgeimpulse.com/public/319871/latest

Introduction​

Today more than ever we live with smart devices and personal assistants that work together to make our environment a more comfortable, efficient and personalized place. This project aims to contribute to the same field by suggesting a radical change in how we interact with smart things.
Sometimes it can be inconvenient to have to ask a personal assistant to turn our appliances on or off. Because it's simply too late at night to be talking, or because we're watching our favorite movie and we don't want annoying audio interrupting us.
This is why I thought "What if we could control the whole house with just gestures?" It would be amazing to just point to the air conditioner and turn it on, turn off the light, and turn on our TV.

Hardware and Software Requirements​

To develop this project we will use a BrainChip Akida Development Kit and a Logitech BRIO 4K Webcam, together with an Edge Impulse Machine Learning model for pose identification………..

Conclusion​

This project leverages the Brainchip Akida Neuromorphic Hardware Accelerator to propose an innovative solution to home automation. It can be optimized to work as a daily used gadget that may be at everyone's house in the near future.

But just like in the TV adds of old ‘but wait there is more’ look who the author is and where he works in real life:

Profile picture

Christopher Mendez​

PRO Content Creator at ArduinoPontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra ArduinoSantiago, Dominican Republic 225 connections

Was not someone suggesting that Arduino would bring end of days reigning down on Brainchip well not according to this Arduino member he adds weight to the Edge impulse CFO’s opinion AKIDA will be everywhere.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

Jasonk

Regular
We've looked at Xperi (neee Fotonation) before.

Very von Neumann.

GenX320 is the Prophesee el cheapo DVS with 320*320 pixels.
My understanding phrophesee only has the 3 models two of which are in partnership with Sony and marked for mobile applications compared to the genx320 for low power edge applications, just different use cases.

Pixels operate asynchronous in series with 320 other pixels on the y and 320 channels on the X passinging through a readout unit creating individual timestamped events for those 320 (if all active) and transferring on 8 bit parrellel interfacing. Perfectly fine for countless applications.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Hi All
It is little things like this successful project using the Edge Impulse platform which I find AKIDA technology affirming:

“Gesture Appliances Control with Pose Detection - BrainChip AKD1000

Control your TV, Air Conditioner or Lightbulb by just pointing your finger at them, using the BrainChip AKD1000 achieving great accuracy and low power consumption.
Created By: Christopher Mendez
Public Project Link: https://studio.edgeimpulse.com/public/319871/latest

Introduction​

Today more than ever we live with smart devices and personal assistants that work together to make our environment a more comfortable, efficient and personalized place. This project aims to contribute to the same field by suggesting a radical change in how we interact with smart things.
Sometimes it can be inconvenient to have to ask a personal assistant to turn our appliances on or off. Because it's simply too late at night to be talking, or because we're watching our favorite movie and we don't want annoying audio interrupting us.
This is why I thought "What if we could control the whole house with just gestures?" It would be amazing to just point to the air conditioner and turn it on, turn off the light, and turn on our TV.

Hardware and Software Requirements​

To develop this project we will use a BrainChip Akida Development Kit and a Logitech BRIO 4K Webcam, together with an Edge Impulse Machine Learning model for pose identification………..

Conclusion​

This project leverages the Brainchip Akida Neuromorphic Hardware Accelerator to propose an innovative solution to home automation. It can be optimized to work as a daily used gadget that may be at everyone's house in the near future.”

But just like in the TV adds of old ‘but wait there is more’ look who the author is and where he works in real life:

Profile picture

Christopher Mendez​

PRO Content Creator at ArduinoPontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra ArduinoSantiago, Dominican Republic 225 connections

Was not someone suggesting that Arduino would bring end of days reigning down on Brainchip well not according to this Arduino member he confirms the Edge impulse CFO’s opinion AKIDA will be everywhere.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
We are getting to stage of this

tom cruise GIF
tom cruise sociopath GIF

Just wandering what happens to the home appliances when you have an Italian couple having an argument?

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Jasonk

Regular
We are getting to stage of this

tom cruise GIF
tom cruise sociopath GIF

Just wandering what happens to the home appliances when you have an Italian couple having an argument?

Not far off when you add hand gesture to LGs new transparent TV. Can't wait to see the first re-enactment of minority report 🤣 Might not be such large scale but still would be cool.

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
HI SC,

In the real world if someone is annoying you; you walk away. The ignore button is a god send on this forum. Thanks Zeebot!

... or was that Xilinx?

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
The Brainchip website now has a wrap of 2023. Twas a good year.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
... or was that Xilinx?

Thanks @Diogenese

Goes to show you have to do your own research and seek corroboration for the info on here. I was going on memory; and got it wrong. I’ll edit my post.

Cheers

🤪

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
What the hell.

Secret communications with one shareholder.

Why wasn’t this sent to every shareholder.

This secret communication was sent out in November last year.

Since then we have seen the share price being manipulated.

What other secret communications has this holder been receiving.

I hope you have been smart enough not to be trading in your own name. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤡😂🤣😂🤣

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Why don't I get private communications like this?

This is an absolute Outrage.
What secrets were told in this email exchange and why aren't we privy to this information

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks @Diogenese

Goes to show you have to do your own research and seek corroboration for the info on here. I was going on memory; and got it wrong. I’ll edit my post.

Cheers

🤪
I find I have to be very careful with nViso/Nvidia, Infineon/iniVation/Innovis/inilabs (any "ini" in fact (not talking navels*)) and all the "Syn ..." companies ...

* Gerard Hoffnung on the usefulness or otherwise of navels, found that, when eating cheese and celery in bed, it was a very convenient place to keep the salt.

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...AF2FEB0FFD5B7B5538B8AF2FEB0FFD5B7B5&FORM=VIRE

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Joshua Yang Secures Center of Excellence for Work on Neuromorphic Computing​

Landon Hall | January 18, 2024

USC will lead Air Force-funded Center that includes four other universities.​

Joshua Yang, professor of electrical and computer engineering at the USC Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, has secured funding from the U.S. Air Force to create a Center of Excellence based on his work on neuromorphic computing.
An illustration of a semiconductor created with assistance of AI.

(CREDIT: MINGYI RAO AND GLENN GE. MEMRISTOR AI CHIP UNDER EXTREME SPACE ENVIRONMENT. JOSHUA YANG. THIS IMAGE WAS GENERATED WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF AI.)
Yang and USC will lead the center, which also includes researchers from UCLA, Duke University, the University of Texas-San Antonio, and the Rochester Institute of Technology. The entity is called the Center of Neuromorphic Computing and Extreme Environment, or CONCRETE.
A review panel from the Air Force’s Office of Scientific Research and the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) unanimously recommended five years’ worth of funding, based on a proposal titled “Extreme Neuromorphic Materials and Computing.”
Neuromorphic computing is a type of computer engineering modeled after the function of the human brain and nervous system. “A major part of the effort is to build machine-learning or AI accelerators,” Yang said. “They are inspired by the human brain, learn from the brain, and they approach the efficiency of the brain.”
“The brain is the most energy-efficient computer known so far — way better than any supercomputer,” Yang added. “Orders of magnitude better, because we actually consume much less energy. Moreover, the brain can learn much faster and is much more error-tolerant, and much more adaptive to the environment. We tend to learn more and emulate more, so that we can build a much better computing system that’s more sustainable and faster and more robust.”
Sustainability is at the heart of the “Extreme Environment” portion of the CONCRETE acronym. Defense labs, including those at the Air Force, need computer systems that can function under less-than-ideal conditions.
Another pivotal objective of the center is to fortify collaborations between universities and the AFRL, with a focus on educating the workforce in anticipation of future computing requirements for the Department of Defense (DoD).
Securing this esteemed award to establish a center on neuromorphic computing aligns seamlessly with USC’s recent launch of the Frontiers of Computing.

• Love
Not sure if previously posted

IMG_9032.jpeg

IMG_9034.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 79 users
Hi SL

I just rang a real investor I know and he disagrees with you.

Can you provide some other names and telephone contacts of real investors so I can get a few more opinions.

Regards
Fact Finder
To clarify, investors who made their fortune or wealth from investing/trading markets, not a successful person who has made wealth elsewhere and invests in the markets..

Such as:
Gil Morales, Mark Minervini, David Ryan, Late William O’Neill, Quint Tatro, John Coates.

In Australia you might like to try Nick Fabrio, Jon Kirk, Tim Walker.. All have presence in either socials or subscription services..

Personal contacts are personal contacts and I wouldn’t give those out publicly..

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Slade

Top 20
The Brainchip website now has a wrap of 2023. Twas a good year.
Why is this wrap up of 2023 only available to elite shareholders who have access to BrainChip’s website. This secret dissemination of information needs to stop.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
Why don't I get private communications like this?

This is an absolute Outrage.
What secrets were told in this email exchange and why aren't we privy to this information
My post was a bit of a tongue in cheek dig at the idea I had attended a secret meeting.

When you think about it the risk associated with different groups of unrelated shareholders and management of a company meeting across three capital cities is far less than if an individual shareholder engages in one on one private communications with someone in a company.

Establishing a relationship, perhaps becoming friends through shared experiences then playing on the trust that comes with that friendship to extract intelligence from the employee concerned. Such communications would never come to light unless the shareholder concerned revealed them.

Individual posters particularly on HC constantly claim to have communicated with the company and to have received a totally unsatisfactory reply but how can these anonymous claims ever be verified.

The company would likely never communicate with someone calling themselves Dingo Borat or Fact Finder in a communication so quite hard to link up the claim on HC with an actual communication.

Imagine writing to the company trying to verify this post and asking did you give a totally unsatisfactory reply to a shareholder in the last 14 days. I'm sorry but I can't tell you their name or address only that they call themselves A Dead Loss on HC.😂🤣😂

Downramping is such an easy game to play.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom