BRN Discussion Ongoing

"The best in class Edge AI." Privacy and simplicity... with many references to inference on the edge. Not sure where the reporters in this video are getting their info from, but Apple seem extremely confident they cN differentiate themselves from every other major tech company to deliver the best Edge AI. Sounds promising... wouldn't it be nice?
Hi Fenris78
Lest it be derided later by others claiming that I am suggesting that Apple is using AKIDA just because of the fact that Brainchip is working with Mercedes and Mercedes is working with Apple I should make clear that is not my reason for saying this is a must watch/listen analysis.

I will not even make the point that Apple is infamous for abandoning contracts with smaller companies where they breach NDAs and that the CFO of Brainchip Ken Scarince in one of his many presentations stated that to reveal one of their customers would be disastrous.

What I am suggesting is that everything they say in their analysis as to why they think Apple will succeed at the Ai Edge is mirroring everything that Brainchip AKIDA technology can do and the way they do it cannot be replicated because of patent protection.

Adjectives used by others to describe AKIDA technology - Science Fiction, Mind Boggling, A Beast.

Then of course there are the accolades for the patent protected TENNs.

Brainchip according to the CEO at the AGM stated that Brainchip is targeting being one of the two or three main players at the Edge. CFO at Edge Impulse gave his opinion about AKIDA being everywhere etc; and the Infineon representative lets just say was fulsome in his praise of Brainchip's AKIDA technology.

If listening to this analysis of Apples prospects at the Ai Edge does not convince you that the time for Edge Ai has arrived then dare I say nothing will.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users
A quick question or two for the over zealous and Brainchip inspired.

Does it concern you at all that the Semiconductor space has been in a roaring bull market for the last 12 months and Brainchip is still languishing in the gutter?

Are you aware that ARM as the benchmark leader in the IP and Royalty space in the Semiconductor market, reportedly with a high 90s% market share in the space had 2.7billion in annual revenue last year, yet it posted a $110mill net loss for the most recent quarter?

Lastly, Sean Hehir says Brainchip is also an IP and royalty bearing company as its financial model.. Of all these wonderful new partners, none have IP deals assuming due to Gen 2 is not readily available yet outside of EAP’s. (If it is openly available, it’s another well kept secret by the company).. With IP being a 3-4 year cycle from R&D to product on market for sale, what’s your maximum pain level if another year passes without any royalty revenue from the BRN pioneers in Socionext, Ford, Valeo and Renesas? In other words, will you continue to back in the Board and Management at that stage?

If I were a shareholder I would be voting a resounding YES to the remuneration report purely because Id rather judge the current management and BOD on atleast 12 months of performance with the opportunity of Gen 2..

Thoughts welcome.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hello FF,
I can think of only two. Although they were in public office not public companies.
The most recent was Alderman Ted Mack, mayor of North Sydney.
And secondly, and probably the most industrious was Charles Moore, Lord Mayor of Sydney 1867-69.
Both of whom, refused to take a salary.
Read up a bit on this Ted Mack character..

He was a truly Great man and it's rare for me to actually like a politician..

@Fact Finder, not sure we can call it the "1000 eyes" anymore..
But that will change, along with the change from dot joining, to line drawing.

• Haha
  • Wow

Stockbob

Regular
Think about it this way, 2020 onwards would you be comfortable with your investment if the below had not happened

1) 2 system integrators had not bought the IP license ( these two companies prior to public announcement would have taken sometime to understand , pull it apart and figure out what exactly they were gonna use our IP for and educate their customers of this shiny new stuff, who knows which other companies are in this state of play now ) and we had zero IP licensees. Everybody would love at least 5 more but who’s paying ??

2) In all the podcasts , interviews , tech shows demos , we did not have any partners participate or willing to participate with us and tell the world they were working with a minnow.

3) If people on these podcasts, interviews did not speak of the potential of the technology so highly that you learn more with even single one of these.

4) Collaborating companies rank all the way from global behemoths to up and coming disruptors just like us who wanna ride on the disruptive wave that our company is gonna bring about.

5) one common theme in all the partnership announcements of all kinds was not the willingness to incorporate Akida into their next generation of products to differentiate from their competitors.

6) Universities weren’t interested in this tech.

It is taking more time than anybody let alone, the company itself had expected but is it a bad thing , that’s an individual call but given the tech is so new, I’m not surprised.

It’s all there staring everybody in the face, sometimes you wonder how a newish company with peanuts for budget with bugger all under 100 headcount, right from CEO to the Intern are pulling this off without working 100 hours a week.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Does it concern you at all that the Semiconductor space has been in a roaring bull market for the last 12 months and Brainchip is still languishing in the gutter?

Are you aware that ARM as the benchmark leader in the IP and Royalty space in the Semiconductor market, reportedly with a high 90s% market share in the space had 2.7billion in annual revenue last year, yet it posted a $110mill net loss for the most recent quarter?

Lastly, Sean Hehir says Brainchip is also an IP and royalty bearing company as its financial model.. Of all these wonderful new partners, none have IP deals assuming due to Gen 2 is not readily available yet outside of EAP’s. (If it is openly available, it’s another well kept secret by the company).. With IP being a 3-4 year cycle from R&D to product on market for sale, what’s your maximum pain level if another year passes without any royalty revenue from the BRN pioneers in Socionext, Ford, Valeo and Renesas? In other words, will you continue to back in the Board and Management at that stage?

If I were a shareholder I would be voting a resounding YES to the remuneration report purely because Id rather judge the current management and BOD on atleast 12 months of performance with the opportunity of Gen 2..

Thoughts welcome.
"Does it concern you at all that the Semiconductor space has been in a roaring bull market for the last 12 months and Brainchip is still languishing in the gutter?"

Entirely share price related comment.

On Arm's current quarter loss.

"Revenue for the period rose 28% from a year ago, to $806 million, well ahead of the $744.3 million forecast. Despite the strong performance, Arm racked up a net loss of $110 million for the quarter, which it said was the result of a onetime share-based compensation payment triggered by its IPO"

People know what kind of a person you are.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
Think about it this way, 2020 onwards would you be comfortable with your investment if the below had not happened

1) 2 system integrators had not bought the IP license ( these two companies prior to public announcement would have taken sometime to understand , pull it apart and figure out what exactly they were gonna use our IP for and educate their customers of this shiny new stuff, who knows which other companies are in this state of play now ) and we had zero IP licensees. Everybody would love at least 5 more but who’s paying ??

2) In all the podcasts , interviews , tech shows demos , we did not have any partners participate or willing to participate with us and tell the world they were working with a minnow.

3) If people on these podcasts, interviews did not speak of the potential of the technology so highly that you learn more with even single one of these.

4) Collaborating companies rank all the way from global behemoths to up and coming disruptors just like us who wanna ride on the disruptive wave that our company is gonna bring about.

5) one common theme in all the partnership announcements of all kinds was not the willingness to incorporate Akida into their next generation of productions to differentiate from their competitors.

6) Universities weren’t interested in this tech.

It is taking more time than anybody let alone, the company itself had expected but is it a bad thing , that’s an individual call but given the tech is so new, I’m not surprised.

It’s all there staring everybody in the face, sometimes you wonder how a newish company with peanuts for budget with bugger all under 100 headcount, right from CEO to the Intern are pulling this off without working 100 hours a week.
Frankly, the only thing that gives me confidence is, the Partner Confirmation of the tech.. As good as Nandan and Rob present, I always trust the chart over the company speak.. And the chart is currently horrendous..

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Slade

Top 20
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Xray1

Regular

Thoughts welcome.
I think that we all should take a big long breather and see what actually eventuates in this upcoming 4C due out in ~12 days time as well as the next 4C announcement due out in late April 2024 .......... after all, we still have from now at least another 4 months up our sleeve till the next AGM is held and a lot of hopfully positive ASX announcements could be disclosed and thus change the current position both with IP agreements and revenue thus securing the future destiny of our Co.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Frankly, the only thing that gives me confidence is, the Partner Confirmation of the tech.. As good as Nandan and Rob present, I always trust the chart over the company speak.. And the chart is currently horrendous..
You seem intelligent so I have never mentioned this before as I thought you would know but just in case when TSEx was set up a Chartists thread was set up for Chartists and those who like that kind of thing.

It seems to have lost some momentum but perhaps you could inspire a Renaissance of this dark art.

Staying here however will just further cement opinions as you continue to post your incomplete or inaccurate information to make out your case.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

PS: As to the rest of your questions:

“The Founding of Tesla

Tesla (TSLA) , Inc. was founded in 2003 by the engineers Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning in San Carlos, California. It was originally called Tesla Motors, a name the company changed in 2017.

The company was named after the 19th-century inventor Nikola Tesla, best known for discovering the properties of rotating electromagnetic fields. His work led to what is known as "alternating current," the form of electrical transmission still used today. (This was as opposed to the far less efficient system called "direct current" favored by Thomas Edison.) Tesla is historically noted for his significant contributions to electrical engineering and sciences, and in recent decades has become a pop culture icon among engineers.

At the founding of Tesla, Eberhard served as its CEO and Tarpenning served as CFO. They launched their company to develop and produce an entirely electric car, in part, based on the favorable reaction test markets had to General Motor's (GM) previous electric car experiment the EV1. Although GM only ran this program from 1996 - 1999, producing a limited run of cars that it never released for public purchase, it was generally considered successful from an engineering standpoint.

Eberhard and Tarpenning wanted to build upon that success.

Although Musk has long been the face of Tesla, he did not join the company until 2004. He invested $30 million into the company and became the chairman of its Board of Directors. (Notably, Musk would also help raise money from Google (GOOGL) founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page in 2006.)

Originally, Eberhard and Tarpenning dreamed of building an entirely electric sports car. In 2006 they unveiled the prototype for their Tesla Roadster which entered production in 2008.”

Tesla’s first year of declaring a profit took until 2017.

It is important to note that Tesla’s founders were not inventing an entirely new paradigm by creating a new form of Artificial Intelligence.

They were building on the work started by General Motors in 1996 and by comparison their technology was already mainstream. Electric vehicles had been around for over 100 years in 2003.

So definitely far too early for any reasonable person to be laying down an if not by such an such a date timetable as you are requesting.

Brainchip is but a toddler by comparison to Tesla which only released Dojo in the last year or so and has still not finalised how to make its autonomous driving work to the satisfaction of regulators.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Iseki

Regular
Can't forget the big catalyst too.
Funny how this gets forgotten and the assumption is this place should be the same as HC.
It's supposed to be a group to safely research, not bitch and moan about a company not meeting your own personal expectations.

View attachment 54622
These threads are all the poorer for BaconLover's departure. He told it straight, which was more encouraging than all the other posts (Okay, except Wilzy123).

• Haha
  • Love

wilzy123

Founding Member
These threads are all the poorer for BaconLover's departure. He told it straight, which was more encouraging than all the other posts (Okay, except Wilzy123).

LOLLLLL... your rubbish posts are what give these threads a flavour of poor in the first place. Why are you even here LMAO. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
"Does it concern you at all that the Semiconductor space has been in a roaring bull market for the last 12 months and Brainchip is still languishing in the gutter?"

Entirely share price related comment.

On Arm's current quarter loss.

"Revenue for the period rose 28% from a year ago, to $806 million, well ahead of the $744.3 million forecast. Despite the strong performance, Arm racked up a net loss of $110 million for the quarter, which it said was the result of a onetime share-based compensation payment triggered by its IPO"

People know what kind of a person you are.
Interesting you say that Dingo..

It comes across as you have nothing of quality to counter other than an attack the messenger.. What quality of person does that?

At no point do you address either pertinent question that both significantly influence the company’s valuation..

For any sound minded individual, don’t get sucked into what the best writers and researchers and posters say about a company.. Please learn how to put aside your emotions and invest with your common sense an amount you can afford to lose or apply Sound risk management by cutting your losses quickly..

Listening to the likes of Dingoes and Factual Finding OPINIONS DYOR just play into your emotional and irrational dopamine quick fix side despite their likely best intentions..

Learn to read a chart and understand that pinning your hopes on finding one big winner at all costs is the quick way to kill your account and destroy your investing capital..

GLTAHs especially the ones that can’t see the forest from the trees..

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Iseki

Regular
Atlassian is valued at $US61 Billion on Nasdaq.

Atlassian sells work scheduling software (a spreadsheet on speed?).

I'm sure it's a very good product which slotted into its market niche. The world is Akida's niche.
Atlassian sells to consumers.
BRN needs to sell licenses to OEM's. There-in lies a big difference.
Yes it would be great if we are in Scala3, and Samsung devices, etc
But let's not create a rod for our own back when the next 4C comes around.
Our current *hot* partners are all producing development solutions (edge boxes, Development Kits etc) that can be hopefully given away at no profit, to companies that want to put Akida into their products that will be sellable to the consumer, and result in revenue for us. There won't be anything discernable in the 4C.

No one here, no matter what their comment style, will really vote to oust the BoD, if they are holding.
Better to look to those large holdings who might want to put a couple of their own on the board. What better way to do this than force a spill in May?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Damo4

Regular

Haha he went nutty at the end, and I'm glad he left taking some other trash with him.
It's a shame some of it still lingers around here like a rancid smell.

Look at what he wrote in 2022 vs the "stock disclosure" he had before leaving.
Not only was it a scumbag tactic to use the disclosure field to patronise people here, he was contradicting himself.
Old mate was a troll, not a straight shooter. Just got upset that he bought into the Merc hype and decided it was TSEx as a whole who had to make amends.

1705639333183.png

BTW now's probably a good time to share my research from the last few years on TSEx.
Bonus points if you can guess which post comes from holders vs non-holders who don't update their disclosure.

graph.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
You seem intelligent so I have never mentioned this before as I thought you would know but just in case when TSEx was set up a Chartists thread was set up for Chartists and those who like that kind of thing.

It seems to have lost some momentum but perhaps you could inspire a Renaissance of this dark art.

Staying here however will just further cement opinions as you continue to post your incomplete or inaccurate information to make out your case.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

PS: As to the rest of your questions:

“The Founding of Tesla

Tesla (TSLA) , Inc. was founded in 2003 by the engineers Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning in San Carlos, California. It was originally called Tesla Motors, a name the company changed in 2017.

The company was named after the 19th-century inventor Nikola Tesla, best known for discovering the properties of rotating electromagnetic fields. His work led to what is known as "alternating current," the form of electrical transmission still used today. (This was as opposed to the far less efficient system called "direct current" favored by Thomas Edison.) Tesla is historically noted for his significant contributions to electrical engineering and sciences, and in recent decades has become a pop culture icon among engineers.

At the founding of Tesla, Eberhard served as its CEO and Tarpenning served as CFO. They launched their company to develop and produce an entirely electric car, in part, based on the favorable reaction test markets had to General Motor's (GM) previous electric car experiment the EV1. Although GM only ran this program from 1996 - 1999, producing a limited run of cars that it never released for public purchase, it was generally considered successful from an engineering standpoint.

Eberhard and Tarpenning wanted to build upon that success.

Although Musk has long been the face of Tesla, he did not join the company until 2004. He invested $30 million into the company and became the chairman of its Board of Directors. (Notably, Musk would also help raise money from Google (GOOGL) founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page in 2006.)

Originally, Eberhard and Tarpenning dreamed of building an entirely electric sports car. In 2006 they unveiled the prototype for their Tesla Roadster which entered production in 2008.”

Tesla’s first year of declaring a profit took until 2017.

It is important to note that Tesla’s founders were not inventing an entirely new paradigm by creating a new form of Artificial Intelligence.

They were building on the work started by General Motors in 1996 and by comparison their technology was already mainstream. Electric vehicles had been around for over 100 years in 2003.

So definitely far too early for any reasonable person to be laying down an if not by such an such a date timetable as you are requesting.

Brainchip is but a toddler by comparison to Tesla which only released Dojo in the last year or so and has still not finalised how to make its autonomous driving work to the satisfaction of regulators.
My theory’s FF are based on cycles..

The next disruptive tech, young people becoming prominent etc etc usually occurs after a clean out/recession/depression in the economy.. I’m talking about every 18-20 years, and a 4-5 year recovery, not the 2 we’ve just encountered..

If history were to repeat, potentially dosruotive companies with disruptive tech like BRN, will start to become house hold names and leaders in the early 2030s when the big companies are forced to innovate again and cannot rely on the status quo to maintain market share..

That for me, and history does tend to repeat, gives BRN a 3-4 term at window to get some market penetration with solid products with mainstream generational leadership potential, all the while staving off takeover attempts and competition from big players..

BRNs partners are all I will
Focus on for now. Hearing them say ‘will’ and ‘flood the market’ is the best confirmation one can get.. I think we all just have different timelines..

So definitely patience required I believe.. My biggest disappointment would be if the BOD panics and succumbs to a cheap sub $4bill takeover in the next few years as that would hurt a lot of patient long termers. On that front what is needed is more cornerstone investors like the founder PVDM, to take significant positions and assure BRN a pathway to do its thing…

That’s all I have to say. For now..

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Damo4

Regular
PkVrbM7yG8tR1E3iNEEjA_3dmGo=.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

It comes across as you have nothing of quality to counter other than an attack the messenger.. What quality of person does that?

At no point do you address either pertinent question that both significantly influence the company’s valuation..

For any sound minded individual, don’t get sucked into what the best writers and researchers and posters say about a company.. Please learn how to put aside your emotions and invest with your common sense an amount you can afford to lose or apply Sound risk management by cutting your losses quickly..

Listening to the likes of Dingoes and Factual Finding OPINIONS DYOR just play into your emotional and irrational dopamine quick fix side despite their likely best intentions..

Learn to read a chart and understand that pinning your hopes on finding one big winner at all costs is the quick way to kill your account and destroy your investing capital..

"At no point do you address either pertinent question that both significantly influence the company’s valuation"

Seriously WTF are you talking about Schnitzel lover??

Read your first post again and then my reply.

The main basis of your argument, was that BrainChip had chosen a loss making business model, based on Arm's last quarterly loss.

Something that was a one off event, due to their IPO listing.

You're right though, that it's wrong of me, to point out that you're a low life, as it's a smear on my character as well.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Home101

Regular

I though this would be where you would counter the ARM loss argument. But alas, you had nothing.

• Fire

wilzy123

Founding Member
"At no point do you address either pertinent question that both significantly influence the company’s valuation"

Seriously WTF are you talking about Schnitzel lover??

Read your first post again and then my reply.

The main basis of your argument, was that BrainChip had chosen a loss making business model, based on Arm's last quarterly loss.

Something that was a one off event, due to their IPO listing.

You're right that it's wrong of me, to point out that you're a low life, as it's a smear on my character as well.
LOL it's literally talking to itself and saying the same thing over and over .. AND OVER.. and over again...

It seems miserable lol.

todd.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8195.jpeg

IMG_8196.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users