BRN Discussion Ongoing

Damo4

Regular
I try and keep my posts positive, but I have found myself asking if we are losing our edge. Despite being invested for almost 9 years I still don't fully understand the tech so maybe I shouldn't worry when I read about other companies doing similar work to us. I guess competition is good?

Innatera shows RISC-V neuromorphic edge AI microcontroller​

Hi David,

The tech is definitely different, but that's not to say they wouldn't be a competitor.
"The design combines analog-mixed signal neuromorphic computing with a RISC-V processor core and support for accelerating traditional convolutional neural network (CNN) AI models."

They also need to face all the of the challenges Brainchip has/will, in addition to patents that Brainchip have set up along the way.
It also reads that they are at a concept level, and don't appear to have any future generations (might not be covered in the EE article ).
Looks to me like where Brainchip was 3-4 years ago, so we'll see!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

keyeat

Regular
Hi David,

The tech is definitely different, but that's not to say they wouldn't be a competitor.
"The design combines analog-mixed signal neuromorphic computing with a RISC-V processor core and support for accelerating traditional convolutional neural network (CNN) AI models."

They also need to face all the of the challenges Brainchip has/will, in addition to patents that Brainchip have set up along the way.
It also reads that they are at a concept level, and don't appear to have any future generations (might not be covered in the EE article ).
Looks to me like where Brainchip was 3-4 years ago, so we'll see!
looks like they have a pretty big team : https://innatera.com/careers

nice website too

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

toasty

Regular
Anyone who knows anything about sales knows that cold calling is never done when trying to sell a complex product........... :rolleyes:

Toasty.

Yip I agree it’s not good to cold call, but really interested to know how you would engage a potential customer without you the salesperson first reaching out to seek a meeting/ presentation. That is what I meant by cold calling. Because if you are suggesting we have our sales staff not utilise their contacts and not approach potential customers then I would disagree as we would not sell anything nor enlighten people of the potential of the product.

After CES I feel the tide may be changing and some potential customer may be reaching out to us
Cold calling is a shotgun approach to selling - cast a wide net to folks you don't know with a simple message hoping you get a bite. Typical success rate is around .5% - 1.5% measured by the target's willingness to engage at all. In my many years of experience in the IT world I have never seen or heard of cold calling being used to market a complex product/service, because it is a waste of time and resources.

Getting in touch with people one already knows, or gaining an introduction from an existing contact, is the preferred method and generally labelled prospecting amongst warm prospects. This is almost always far more productive than cold calling if for no other reason than the target will usually be willing to hear what you have to say. And if they don't have a need for your product/service they may well be willing to provide a referral to one of their contacts who might. This is the kind of selling I expect our sales force to be undertaking - using their network to unearth genuine prospects.

FWIW

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Nandan Nayampally, CMO at BrainChip and Spencer Huang, the Chief Revenue Officer at Edge Impulse.

Summary of discussion:
  • The pervasive role of AI at CES, including its necessity in corporate strategy.
  • The shift from early AI adopters to mainstream exploration and adoption.
  • The transition from conceptual AI applications to practical, operational implementations.
  • The challenge of making AI simple and accessible, emphasizing the importance of developmental platforms.
  • The significance of cost-effective AI deployment, especially in consumer electronics.

Holy Cow!

When I first scanned over that, my eyes played trick on me and I saw "Jensen Huang" (CEO NVIDIA) instead of "Spencer Huang" and I nearly fell off my chair and squashed my cat. I suppose it won't be too long before that particular podcast occurs anyway. 😊

What a great interview with Spencer! There is one recurring theme I'm really picking up on and that is how impressed everyone is with BrainChip's technology; how disruptive it is and how diverse it's use cases and applications are. To infinity and beyond!

❤️🧠🍟

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
Some great cricket to be watched this arvo.

And interestingly - some ads for the channel 7 news tonight - with a story on AI in new hearing aids…

Reactions: 6 users

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
oops if this is already posted

1705472819928.png

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
I try and keep my posts positive, but I have found myself asking if we are losing our edge. Despite being invested for almost 9 years I still don't fully understand the tech so maybe I shouldn't worry when I read about other companies doing similar work to us. I guess competition is good?

its-life-jim.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Is this the same person?

"Sanyogita Shamsunder is (edit - was) the Head of Global Network Edge at Google"

But podcast says Meeami technologies (edit - ).. 🤔...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Kachoo

Regular
Is this the same person?

"Sanyogita Shamsunder is the Head of Global Network Edge at Google"

But podcast says Meeami technologies.. 🤔...

Getting ready to hit delete on this post..
She was the head of global Network edge Google.

Yeah she has som credentials. With all these people sing the same song on edge im surprised how the market is still playing out.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Kachoo

Regular
Come May at the AGM I'm sure Brainchip will be in a even more so better place than at the minute, Tony sent me a email re the sillyness and the company going backwards if a second strike in enforced, Something will drop I'm 100% confident
Care to elaborate more clearly your questions and his response?

Reactions: 5 users
Come May at the AGM I'm sure Brainchip will be in a even more so better place than at the minute, Tony sent me a email re the sillyness and the company going backwards if a second strike in enforced, Something will drop I'm 100% confident
Sent you an email

1705476295473.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
She was the head of global Network edge Google.

Yeah she has som credentials. With all these people sing the same song on edge im surprised how the market is still playing out.

Yeah, she only just finished there in December..
What are the odds, that the Company already had a relationship with her 🤔..

20240117_175646.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users
Care to elaborate more clearly your questions and his response?
"Hey Tony, what the chances of 2 strikes if share price is 16 cents when AGM goes down?

Probably went something like that..

Tony's initial reaction, on seeing DH's email address pop up, was probably something like this..

jeffrey-dean-morgan-face-palm.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Kachoo

Regular

Yeah, she only just finished there in December..
What are the odds, that the Company already had a relationship with her 🤔..

View attachment 54453
Well these big companies like Google do have challenges when it comes to edge and data volume. I'm sure Google knows about our product.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Everyone here so hyped up yet we are back 16 cents...

No revenue, no new ip contracts, arranging additional capitals... yet we r fine... very frustrating...

Hopefully quarterly/ half yearly reports tell us good news for once...
It’s a waiting game. Eventually it will turn to revenue. I get excited with partnerships, and talk of joint developments, not because it will make me rich tomorrow but because Brainchip is building a solid foundation in a broad customer base.

Brainchip has said:

1. it’s out of their hands when their costumers decide to sign contracts.
2. They are not loosing to competition, but it’s taking longer than expected.
3. Ip sales to Royalties take 2-3 years normally (designs cycles etc.) -we have two customers that have bought IP longer than That time line. This is frustrating, however I believe we will see revenue from Megachips and Renasas this year.
4. We need to watch financials to gauge progress of sales. What this mean is that companies can buy, use and integrate Akida in products without it being announced to market. (Buying trough Renasas, Megachips etc.)
5. Brainchip is building a large partnership base, these will most likely not buy IP, but I believe they will all use Akida in products.
6. Brainchip has 2 costumers, but they won’t need many more if they are of the likes of Infineon, Valeo, Arm etc. to become a large semiconductor company dominating first the edge and then beyond. So it might seem like nothing is happening to us. But it’s because they are not looking for 20 000 customers, they are looking for 4-5 customers that service the 20 000 customers.

I know it is frustrating, but if you can come to terms that Brainchip is a winner, then you just need patient to see it come to fruition. If you don’t beilive brainchip is a winner or that you can’t afford to keep your money tied up. Then sell:)

Not financial advice.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

Tuliptrader

Regular

A revisit on older article from Forbes speaking about Akida 2.0 and sequential data analysis at the edge.

In the conclusion section of the article

"TENNs looks extremely attractive for processing raw signal data, which it can consume directly without needing DSP/filtering, enabling exceptionally compact audio management applications, including denoising.

That appears to be right in the wheelhouse of Meeami Technologies.

TT

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
"Hey Tony, what the chances of 2 strikes if share price is 16 cents when AGM goes down?

Probably went something like that..

Tony's initial reaction, on seeing DH's email address pop up, was probably something like this..

View attachment 54454
I recon David must be on something

1705480644098.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Hi DF
If you have had a chance to listen to the podcasts you will note the continuing reference to AKIDA and it being scalable and that this is a critical feature along with on device learning.

Innatera is analogue and very small form factor. I assume to mitigate the errors that compound in analogue and scalability is never mentioned.

It is a competitor but not everywhere AKIDA technology can be adopted. Nvidia and Samsung are competitors in the same sense.

There may also be a cost advantage to adopting AKIDA IP given it is digital IP and can be incorporated in the customers own semiconductor or sensor.

In AKIDA material it claims a 1000x power saving.

Innatera claims a 500x power saving.

It comes only as a chip and has an onboard CPU and apart from saying the CPU is low powered does not explain what it does.

AKD1000 has a CPU for peripherals
AKD1500 does not and can use the host CPU as required.
AKIDA 2.0 does not need a CPU

Finally both Sean Hehir at the AGM and the Infineon guest made the point that there are lots of claims now being made by others that do not stack up when you dig down.

Just like in the solar industry lots of individuals will try to cash in on the hype.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users
Holy Cow!

When I first scanned over that, my eyes played trick on me and I saw "Jensen Huang" (CEO NVIDIA) instead of "Spencer Huang" and I nearly fell off my chair and squashed my cat. I suppose it won't be too long before that particular podcast occurs anyway. 😊

What a great interview with Spencer! There is one recurring theme I'm really picking up on and that is how impressed everyone is with BrainChip's technology; how disruptive it is and how diverse it's use cases and applications are. To infinity and beyond!

❤️🧠🍟
It's amazing and promising, Sean is doing a great job and people are talking the product up, People don't talk fluff and put there reputation on the line, People don't just come on Podcasts and talk for the hell of it, my opinion the talk will soon turn into something

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom