BRN Discussion Ongoing

Cardpro

Regular
Everyone here so hyped up yet we are back 16 cents...

No revenue, no new ip contracts, arranging additional capitals... yet we r fine... very frustrating...

Hopefully quarterly/ half yearly reports tell us good news for once...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
  • Thinking

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Oooooh...I wonder if BrainChip has a solution to this problem?

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 1.45.01 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 1.44.41 pm.png

CYBERSECURITY

LeftoverLocals: A Significant Vulnerability in Major GPUs​

author

By: Israel Ojoko
Published: January 16, 2024 at 4:46 pm EST
gpu-vulnerability-leftoverlocals-20240116214644.jpg

A significant vulnerability, named ‘LeftoverLocals,’ has been uncovered in graphics processing units (GPUs), impacting major manufacturers including Apple, Qualcomm, and AMD. This revelation comes from researchers at the security firm Trail of Bits, who discovered that this vulnerability could potentially allow attackers to extract up to 180 megabytes of data from a GPU’s memory. This could include sensitive data such as queries and responses generated by large language models (LLMs) and the weights that drive the response.

GPUs: A Security Blind Spot​

GPUs were not originally designed with the same degree of data privacy as central processing units (CPUs). This has created a security vulnerability that allows for the potential exfiltration of sensitive information. To exploit ‘LeftoverLocals,’ an attacker would need some level of operating system access on the target’s device. The vulnerability disrupts the data silos which prevent users sharing the same processing resources from accessing each other’s data. The researchers demonstrated a proof of concept attack where a response from an LLM was extracted from vulnerable GPU memory within seconds using less than 10 lines of code.

Coordinated Disclosure and Mitigation Efforts​

After testing 11 chips across seven GPU makers, the vulnerability was disclosed in September through a coordinated effort with the US CERT Coordination Center and the Khronos Group. Apple, Qualcomm, and AMD have confirmed the impact, with Apple releasing fixes in its latest M3 and A17 processors, Qualcomm providing firmware patches, and AMD planning to offer fixes in March as optional mitigations. Google has also released fixes for ChromeOS devices with impacted AMD and Qualcomm GPUs.

Challenges and Implications​

However, distributing these patches to end users is challenging due to the multiplicity of parties involved in the tech ecosystem. The implications of this vulnerability are significant, as chaining multiple vulnerabilities together is common in sophisticated digital attacks. Gaining initial access to a device is often a prerequisite for various types of cyberattacks, thus making the ‘LeftoverLocals’ vulnerability a potential vector for these malicious activities.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

keyeat

Regular

No revenue, no new ip contracts, arranging additional capitals... yet we r fine... very frustrating...

have a listen, might cheer you up

There can be miracles when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles BRAINCHIP can achieve?
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

7für7

Regular

Better think positiv than negative! Just my opinion. Don’t be emotional to something you can not change, otherwise change it.

• Fire
  • Love
Might be quicker to list our who we didn't demo/partner with
I’ll kick it off:

1. Microchip,

2. OnSemi,

3. Infineon,

4. Socionext,

5. VVDN,

6. Nviso

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Come May at the AGM I'm sure Brainchip will be in a even more so better place than at the minute, Tony sent me a email re the sillyness and the company going backwards if a second strike in enforced, Something will drop I'm 100% confident

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
A certain Factual person used to talk extensively about a tipping point.

To me all this positive news out of CES ( agreed not all directly linked to us) but in general about AI and better use of at edge, lower battery draw etc will be the true tipping point.

This is where our sales staff who are currently cold calling or engaging with networks trying to sell a new widget. Soon these same staff will be fielding calls from prospective customers asking what our product does and can do for them.

When this point arrives we will still be some time from cash sales but we will then have those companies own sales teams selling and marketing their own products but with our IP. That is when we will grow and grow rapidly and that is when we need to watch the financials.

I am confident with my investment and appreciate those sleuths out there that just show me the potential applications and for those more skilled that prove linkages or technical ability.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

Nandan Nayampally, CMO at BrainChip and Spencer Huang, the Chief Revenue Officer at Edge Impulse.

Summary of discussion:
  • The pervasive role of AI at CES, including its necessity in corporate strategy.
  • The shift from early AI adopters to mainstream exploration and adoption.
  • The transition from conceptual AI applications to practical, operational implementations.
  • The challenge of making AI simple and accessible, emphasizing the importance of developmental platforms.
  • The significance of cost-effective AI deployment, especially in consumer electronics.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Damo4

Regular
Who called it early about Spencer?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
A certain Factual person used to talk extensively about a tipping point.

To me all this positive news out of CES ( agreed not all directly linked to us) but in general about AI and better use of at edge, lower battery draw etc will be the true tipping point.

This is where our sales staff who are currently cold calling or engaging with networks trying to sell a new widget. Soon these same staff will be fielding calls from prospective customers asking what our product does and can do for them.

When this point arrives we will still be some time from cash sales but we will then have those companies own sales teams selling and marketing their own products but with our IP. That is when we will grow and grow rapidly and that is when we need to watch the financials.

I am confident with my investment and appreciate those sleuths out there that just show me the potential applications and for those more skilled that prove linkages or technical ability.
I very much doubt that BrainChip staff are "cold calling" potential customers, in this environment 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Damo4

Regular
I very much doubt that BrainChip staff are "cold calling" potential customers, in this environment 😛

After CES I'm thinking it's more like this for future customers:
Line Waiting GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

toasty

Regular
Anyone who knows anything about sales knows that cold calling is never done when trying to sell a complex product........... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users

Damo4

Regular

Nandan Nayampally, CMO at BrainChip and Spencer Huang, the Chief Revenue Officer at Edge Impulse.

Summary of discussion:
  • The pervasive role of AI at CES, including its necessity in corporate strategy.
  • The transition from conceptual AI applications to practical, operational implementations.
  • The challenge of making AI simple and accessible, emphasizing the importance of developmental platforms.
  • The significance of cost-effective AI deployment, especially in consumer electronics.

This was one of my favourite podcasts from the CES bunch.
Although I know Edge Impulse loves Brainchip, it's great to hear Nandan and Spencer getting giddy about the prospects including potential "early majority" forming.
Huge partnership.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Rskiff

Regular

Summary of discussion:

and a extremely glowing endorsement at the end!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
Anyone who knows anything about sales knows that cold calling is never done when trying to sell a complex product........... :rolleyes:

Toasty.

Yip I agree it’s not good to cold call, but really interested to know how you would engage a potential customer without you the salesperson first reaching out to seek a meeting/ presentation. That is what I meant by cold calling. Because if you are suggesting we have our sales staff not utilise their contacts and not approach potential customers then I would disagree as we would not sell anything nor enlighten people of the potential of the product.

After CES I feel the tide may be changing and some potential customer may be reaching out to us

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
After CES I'm thinking it's more like this for future customers:
Line Waiting GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

Is that the "future customers" line or the MADX "crowd enthusiastically jostling and calling out "how can I invest"" line?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
and a extremely glowing endorsement at the end!!!

"The way i see it... I see every silicon vendor... every device will have your technology or neuromorphic type technology in it.. AI accelerate. . this is going to be the norm"

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

davidfitz

Regular
I try and keep my posts positive, but I have found myself asking if we are losing our edge. Despite being invested for almost 9 years I still don't fully understand the tech so maybe I shouldn't worry when I read about other companies doing similar work to us. I guess competition is good?

Innatera shows RISC-V neuromorphic edge AI microcontroller​

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom