1702275887430.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
As you say @TECH..."How much longer can TATA resist us ! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 51829

BrainChip and Tata Elxsi to provide Ultralow-Power Solutions​

by Business WireAugust 29, 2023
BrainChip

BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, welcomes leading design and technology services provider Tata Elxsi as a partner to its Essential AI ecosystem.
With more than 10,000 employees and multiple locations worldwide, Tata Elxsi is a global leader in providing design and technology services across a multitude of industries and markets. The company helps some of the largest corporations in the world reimagine their products and services through design thinking and the application of digital technologies through next-generation AI solutions.

Tata Elxsi’s partnership with BrainChip will be driving Akida™ technology into medical devices and industrial applications by leveraging BrainChip’s first-to-market, fully digital, neuromorphic technology to provide intelligent, low-power solutions to these demanding target markets.
Akida’s fully customizable, scalable, event-based AI neural processor architecture and its small footprint boosts the efficiency of various applications by orders of magnitude. Greater AI performance at the edge, independent from the cloud, unlocks the growth of the Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) market that is expected to be more than a trillion dollars by 2030.

“The combination of our user-centric design expertise with leading-edge technologies is key to helping enterprises reimagine their products and services to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and deliver new services to their customers,” said Manoj Raghavan, CEO and MD at Tata Elxsi. “This cannot be possible without our global ecosystem of partners. By partnering with BrainChip and implementing Akida technology into medical and industrial solutions, we are able to deliver innovative solutions at a faster time to market than otherwise possible.”

“BrainChip is very aligned with Tata Elxsi’s mission to innovate with leading edge technology and deliver compelling new products and services that improve customer experience and outcomes,” said Rob Telson, Vice President of Ecosystems & Partnerships at BrainChip. “Our partnership with Tata Elxsi leverages Akida technology to transform applications and results in markets such as healthcare and industrial automation. We look forward to working with them to create new opportunities and drive growth.”
I like that it's not just medical and flows into industrial mkts as well.

Tata signed a MOU earlier this to move into EV transportation with AI as well for things like fault prediction etc....something I believe we do well.

There is also the previously known link up between Renesas and Tata.

You'd think there's overlap discussions throughout with BRN, at least in research solution options?

Tata Elxsi’s partnership with BrainChip will be driving Akida™ technology into medical devices and industrial applications by leveraging BrainChip’s first-to-market, fully digital, neuromorphic technology to provide intelligent, low-power solutions to these demanding target markets.

IIT Guwahati collaborates with Tata Elxsi to foster EV Technologies​

The Institute has signed an MoU with the Industry partner to work on the development and commercialization of products and solutions for EV Transportation

By : EduAdvice 2023-04-18 06:16:53

Excerpts:

The collaboration between IIT Guwahati and Tata Elxsi will bring together researchers and experts for advanced research in the fields of Material Science, Digital Twins, and Deep Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques.

One key area of work under this collaboration will be the digital analysis of electrical signature data for traction motors which underpins EV mobility across segments including Automotive and Rail. The solution will provide deep insights for pro-active fault prediction, maintenance schedule formulation, and traceability for design and manufacturing defects.

We already know about the Renesas / Tata partnership.

IMG_20231211_142020.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
I like that it's not just medical and flows into industrial mkts as well.

Tata signed a MOU earlier this to move into EV transportation with AI as well for things like fault prediction etc....something I believe we do well.

There is also the previously known link up between Renesas and Tata.

You'd think there's overlap discussions throughout with BRN, at least in research solution options?

IIT Guwahati collaborates with Tata Elxsi to foster EV Technologies​

The Institute has signed an MoU with the Industry partner to work on the development and commercialization of products and solutions for EV Transportation

By : EduAdvice 2023-04-18 06:16:53

Excerpts:

The collaboration between IIT Guwahati and Tata Elxsi will bring together researchers and experts for advanced research in the fields of Material Science, Digital Twins, and Deep Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques.

One key area of work under this collaboration will be the digital analysis of electrical signature data for traction motors which underpins EV mobility across segments including Automotive and Rail. The solution will provide deep insights for pro-active fault prediction, maintenance schedule formulation, and traceability for design and manufacturing defects.

We already know about the Renesas / Tata partnership.

View attachment 51831
Just an idea of some the key deals from the Tata Elxsi Q2 FY24 report.

Plenty of scope and exposure in there for Akida solutions imo.

Hope something decent comes out of the partnership sooner than later.

Screenshot_2023-12-11-14-40-09-21_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Day's not over yet....though I'm never a fan of aftermarket Ann's....more often than not meh :cautious:
1702277346920.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Wow! STMicroelectronics on a big edge AI push!

Video posted a couple of days ago.

• 30 seconds
"This is AI directly at the edge on a miriad of tiny devices running innumerable applications. This is edge AI. And it's powered by a very different set of chips and software stack to what is used in the data centre today. We are litterally on the brink of this new era that will bring about a massive wave of smart devices representing a huge opportunity. In the coming years we see billions of microcontrollers and smart sensors shipping with AI functionality."

• 5.30 mins
Predicting and detecting faults in HVACs

• 17.43 mins
On-device learning?

• 22 mins
Two new products (STM32N6 & STM32) that integrate powerful neural acceleration cores that bring processing capabilities and algorithms that not so long ago were reserved for CPUs that are in the hands of selects customer now and are going into product development for launch next year.

• 23.21 mins
Real time object detection using STM32N6

View attachment 51813

View attachment 51807

STMicroelectronic is a really huge company with over 50.000 employees, +9000 are engineers.

On the bottom of above web page there is a list where they have facilities and they are all over the place.

It would be fantastic getting involved with them for sure.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Good evening Chippers ,

Couple of notes from past bought to the fore ,

Absolute monza ready to bear fruit ,
The executive suite have been fully engorging themselves in between times , actual shareholders about to, as well thay fricken well deserve.

Several notes & general ponderances to follow.

CRANK THE TUNES.

Regards,
Esq.

Hopefully Rob Telson documents our Partners and Ecosystems a little more digitally than this! Would hate for a birthday cake candle to be the result of years of effort turned to ash!

Love your work though Esq!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TECH

Regular
IMG_3550.jpg

My ugly mug at Australia's Brainchip HQ taken back in September 2021....how time flies, no chance of sneaking into the office, 1 shot and
Akida has me busted !

Looking forward to coming home in May 2024 and hopefully catch up with the gang for a tea/coffee or beer...trust in our company, I know
it's hard for many holders to keep believing, but the way I see it is, if our team can't deliver with Neuromorphic Computing, well how the hell
are the rest going to manage it....we lead......the mob follow, roll on January 2025 (y)

Regards....Tech (NZ)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
View attachment 51841

My ugly mug at Australia's Brainchip HQ taken back in September 2021....how time flies, no chance of sneaking into the office, 1 shot and
Akida has me busted !

Looking forward to coming home in May 2024 and hopefully catch up with the gang for a tea/coffee or beer...trust in our company, I know
it's hard for many holders to keep believing, but the way I see it is, if our team can't deliver with Neuromorphic Computing, well how the hell
are the rest going to manage it....we lead......the mob follow, roll on January 2025 (y)

Regards....Tech (NZ)
Hope you mean roll on 2024?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
A year on, reading the comments in the thread below is both painful and funny :)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

ENZee2

View attachment 51841

Akida has me busted !

Regards....Tech (NZ)
Hi Chris
I don't post here much, but do a lot of reading and I do like your input so
If you passing through Warkworth anytime, would be great to have a chat over any of those beverages.
I heading to Vegas on 29th for couple weeks so before xmass would work.
Cheers

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Below is the second STMicroelectronic's video on their Edge AI Summit (published a couple of days ago) with a presentation by Deepu Talla from NVDIA. You can see here at 17.45 a screenshot of the TAO Ecosystem. Deepu mentions in the video that Nvidia design environment is also supported on the Edge Impulse platform.

I've circled Arm, STSTMicroelectronics and Edge Impulse.

View attachment 51830

So this reminded me of what @chapman89 posted on Rob Telson's thoughts on Edge Impulse and TAO, and I thought perhaps a similar situation might prevail in relation to STMicro's customers who might then choose to incorporate BrainChip's IP.

View attachment 51828

Hi Bravo,

We know that, from day 1, Akida has been "processor agnostic".

We know that Akida is even more agnosticker where ARM is concerned, compatibility with all ARM processors having been proven.

ARM produces CPU IP. Nvidia produces GPU and, in 2013, Nvidia announced that it would license its GPU IP.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/7083/nvidia-to-license-kepler-and-future-gpu-ip-to-3rd-parties

NVIDIA to License Kepler and Future GPU IP to 3rd Parties

by Anand Lal Shimpion June 18, 2013

Processor agnostic should mean that Akida works with Nvidia GPUs, so has there been anything published to show Akida is also agnosticker with Nvidia?

CPUs basically work by performing processes in series. GPUs get their processing power from parallel processing.
Akida is designed for asynchronous operation and has a basically parallel architecture, so I would guess that Akida can be adapted to operate with GPUs.

The main interactions between Akida 1 and an associated processor are that the processor is used to configure the NN nodes/layers and allocate the weights. The processor played no part in the operation of the NN in carrying out its classification/inferencing tasks. The results of the NNs operation would then be sent to the processor to use in its specific tasks.

Akida 2, with its TeNNs/ViT does require some limited interaction between the NN and the processor in implementing these advanced features. There must be some fiddling around to enable the NN and the processor to implement these advanced features. Clearly this fiddling about has been successfully implemented with ARM. It would be nice to have some affirmation that the fiddling around has also been implemented with GPUs, and this is implicit in Rob's response to Chapman.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
Reactions: 2 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @Bravo,

I’m trying to work out the context of the word ”Proprietary” in the article you via posted:

“Unlike other STM32 MCU, the STM32N6 includes a proprietary NPU and an ARM Cortex core.

I’ve listed a few examples of the meaning of “Proprietary” but still not sure it helps make their sentence any clearer.

So I don’t know if the NPU is: theirs, e.g. unique to them or a trade secret?

Fingers crossed it’s Brainchips NPU and their trade secret they’re using it!

:)

What does proprietary mean for a product?

A Proprietary Product refers to a product produced under a legally protected proprietary process or a brand name. With the legally backed propriety rights, others cannot replicate the process or the product.

Does proprietary mean secret?

Proprietary information, also known as a trade secret, is information a company wishes to keep confidential. Proprietary information can include secret formulas, processes, and methods used in production.

What is an example of proprietary in business?

Proprietary information is any information that deals with the activities, business or products of a company. More specifically, some things that commonly fall under this umbrella include trade secrets, financial data, product research and development, computer software, business processes and marketing strategies.
Hi @Bravo ,

Just to drive a stake through the heart of the garlic-allergic monster, this is a very recent application by STM for a Frankenstein in-memory compute chip.

STM use a capacitor to sum currents to perform the analog equivalent of digital MAC (multiply accumulate).

US2023386565A1 IN-MEMORY COMPUTATION CIRCUIT USING STATIC RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (SRAM) ARRAY SEGMENTATION AND LOCAL COMPUTE TILE READ BASED ON WEIGHTED CURRENT 20230419

1702296835582.png
1702296865651.png

An in-memory computation circuit includes a memory array including sub-arrays of with SRAM cells connected in rows by word lines and in columns by bit lines. A row controller circuit selectively actuates word lines across the sub-arrays for an in-memory compute operation. A computation tile circuit for each sub-array includes a column compute circuit for each bit line. Each column compute circuit includes a switched timing circuit that is actuated in response to weight data on the bit line for a duration of time set by an in-memory compute operation enable signal. A current digital-to-analog converter powered by the switched timing circuit operates to generate a drain current having a magnitude controlled by bits of feature data for the in-memory compute operation. The drain current is integrated to generate an output voltage.

[004] … A column processing circuit 20 senses the analog current signals on the pairs of complementary bit lines BLT and BLC (and/or on the read bit line BLR) for the M columns and generates a decision output for the in-memory compute operation from those analog current signals. The column processing circuit 20 can be implemented to support processing where the analog current signals on the columns are first processed individually and then followed by a recombination of multiple column outputs.

[0006] The row controller circuit 18 receives the feature data for the in-memory compute operation and in response thereto performs the function of selecting which ones of the word lines WL<0> to WL<N−1> are to be simultaneously accessed (or actuated) in parallel during an in-memory compute operation, and further functions to control application of pulsed signals to the word lines in accordance with that in-memory compute operation. FIG. 1 illustrates, by way of example only, the simultaneous actuation of all N word lines with the pulsed word line signals, it being understood that in-memory compute operations may instead utilize a simultaneous actuation of fewer than all rows of the SRAM array. The analog signals on a given pair of complementary bit lines BLT and BLC (or on the read bit line RBL in the 8T-type implementation) are dependent on the logic state of the bits of the computational weight stored in the memory cells 14 of the corresponding column and the width(s) of the pulsed word line signals applied to those memory cells 14 .

[0007] The implementation illustrated in FIG. 1 shows an example in the form of a pulse width modulation (PWM) for the applied word line signals for the in-memory compute operation dependent on the received feature data. The use of PWM or period pulse modulation (PTM) for the applied word line signals is a common technique used for the in-memory compute operation based on the linearity of the vector for the multiply-accumulation (MAC) operation. The pulsed word line signal format can be further evolved as an encoded pulse train to manage block sparsity of the feature data of the in-memory compute operation. It is accordingly recognized that an arbitrary set of encoding schemes for the applied word line signals can be used when simultaneously driving multiple word lines. Furthermore, in a simpler implementation, it will be understood that all applied word line signals in the simultaneous actuation may instead have a same pulse width

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Mt09

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

📣 Have you heard? Our latest GenX320 Metavision® sensor is making waves in the vision-sensing world!

📰 The smallest and most power-efficient event-based vision sensor to date, the GenX320, has captured the attention of industry enthusiasts and experts alike 🌟

🔗 Explore the buzz with these insightful articles:

👉 Imaging and Machine Vision Europe: Prophesee unveils event-based sensor for ultra-low power Edge AI Devices

👉 EE Times | Electronic Engineering Times: Prophesee Reinvents DVS Camera For AIoT Applications (Sally Ward-Foxton)

👉 BFMTV: Prophesee dévoile son nouveau capteur GenX320, capteur neuromorphique le plus petit et le plus économe

https://lnkd.in/dTcGx2cS

👉 Fierce Electronics: Prophesee unveils latest sensor, aimed at consumer products, IoT (Dan O'Shea)

https://lnkd.in/d8DTVUAU

👉 EE Journal: Prophesee’s 5th generation sensors detect motion instead of images for industrial, robotic and consumer applications (Steve Leibson)

https://lnkd.in/g9XngTRn

👉 Vision Systems Design: Prophesee Launches Event-Based Vision Sensor (Linda Wilson)

https://lnkd.in/dNHaYrCH

👉 L'Usine Nouvelle: Prophesee part à la conquête de l’IoT et de la réalité immersive avec son nouveau capteur événementiel GenX320 (Frédéric Monflier)

https://lnkd.in/dwKeVa7s

👉 eeNews Europe: Event-based sensor for ‘always-on’ video, low-power apps (Peter Clarke)

https://lnkd.in/dkfrpTGF

👉 The Ojo-Yoshida Report: Prophesee Emboldens Its Mass Consumer Outreach (Junko Yoshida)

https://lnkd.in/dmNwj4JV

👉 New Electronics: Prophesee launches event-based vision sensor for consumer Edge-AI devices

https://lnkd.in/drMJEub7

🙌 Thank you to these esteemed publications and journalists for covering our latest innovation!

🚀 Stay tuned for more exciting updates!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom