BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
He spent so much time developing and perfecting his creation. It’s understandable by now that he finally wants to take a step back. BRNs catastrophic performance is not his fault. I’d do the same if I was him.
oof-old-man.gif

This is going to age well.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Perhaps

Regular
Just for some clarification in regards to Socionext , that some may or may not be fully aware .
At the last AGM I enquired if Socionext were exempt from paying a licensing fee due to any previous agreement ?
The reply was / not at all , we would love to do a licensing agreement with Socionext and we certainly could .

Since Sean’s flying visit to Australia the Net borrowed short position has declined from 122m to only 75m .
What is spooking the shorts ? It’s certainly not the LDA agreement .

All in my opinion ……
Socionext is a fabless designer of SoC solutions. When there is a manufacturing customer buying a custom SoC solution with Akida IP, an IP licence will come into play with the customer. It's the same case like many of the partnerships, it's all about development and has no direct financial input.
Socionext is a merger of Fujitsu and Panasonic divisions, so there is a big chance, SoC solutions find their way to the product portfolio of those companies. Rest is about timelines, some now market-ready products may enter the market in 2024, others in 2025/26. That depends on market strategies of manufacturers we know nothing about..

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users
What's this 12 thing buddy bit creepy ????
My wife says are you 5? Which is a concern when our youngest child is 8. So 12 I’d happily take..

Ah well, this little sp run ended for now, but any IP signing will fix that and bring revenue and confidence back also.

Gen 2 is only 2months old.. Thry only sleep eat and shit at that age, so I’m happy to wait til atleast it can walk..

Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
He spent so much time developing and perfecting his creation. It’s understandable by now that he finally wants to take a step back. BRNs catastrophic performance is not his fault. I’d do the same if I was him.

😴💤💤😴😴💤💤😴💤💤

1701694363391.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
My wife says are you 5? Which is a concern when our youngest child is 8. So 12 I’d happily take..

Ah well, this little sp run ended for now, but any IP signing will fix that and bring revenue and confidence back also.

Gen 2 is only 2months old.. Thry only sleep eat and shit at that age, so I’m happy to wait til atleast it can walk..
According to my charting, The Dingo Up Trend, is still in place but does require a bounce from here..

20231204_232733.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users
Well, we knew LDA was in the wind so can't complain I guess.

Rather be in a much stronger position to have called it but is what it is for the moment.

On another note.

The below company is interesting in so much as ahead of the curve on digital watermarking products, as well as for the end of product recycling.

They have some patents over the past 3 - 4 years and references made to Akida, as well as some others, that could be utilised in the sorting and ID of recyclables as well as other digital watermarking.

These guys are at the front end of the product (to watermark) and have some decent names associated with them like Walmart, P&G, Netto, AstraZenca, L'oreal, Puma, others.

The idea is then for sensors at the back end, normal garden variety or obviously for higher functioning, ones like Akida to read, identify, sort and collect data of the material in recycling.

Made me think of Circle 8 and how someone like that with Akida would dovetail into something like Digimarc if continues to gather momentum and market uptake.

A Solution Proven to Reduce Waste​

Digimarc Recycle allows brand owners to increase sustainability by digitizing products and packaging with technology proven to achieve 99% detection. Coupled with consumer engagement capabilities, brands can deliver a direct, digital communications channel with consumers. And, retain a cloud-based record of recycling information that provides new insights.

IMG_20231204_205408.jpg

IMG_20231204_204942.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
According to my charting, The Dingo Up Trend, is still in place but does require a bounce from here..

View attachment 51340
Hey DB,

Haven't had chance to put up own chart but been watching a poss mini cup & handle...scribble on your chart in blue.

Can see the vol spikes start and end of the cup lips as hits resistance, the fall in SP and in vol in between and now the drop of the handle.

Would need to hold around here and start the next few days back upward and then a break with vol through mid 20's to confirm.

A break down through the bottom trend line of your channel and the poss C&H would be a fail.

Not a textbook C&H but is definitely a watch imo.

IMG_20231204_211942.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Well, we knew LDA was in the wind so can't complain I guess.

Rather be in a much stronger position to have called it but is what it is for the moment.

On another note.

The below company is interesting in so much as ahead of the curve on digital watermarking products, as well as for the end of product recycling.

They have some patents over the past 3 - 4 years and references made to Akida, as well as some others, that could be utilised in the sorting and ID of recyclables as well as other digital watermarking.

These guys are at the front end of the product (to watermark) and have some decent names associated with them like Walmart, P&G, Netto, AstraZenca, L'oreal, Puma, others.

The idea is then for sensors at the back end, normal garden variety or obviously for higher functioning, ones like Akida to read, identify, sort and collect data of the material in recycling.

Made me think of Circle 8 and how someone like that with Akida would dovetail into something like Digimarc if continues to gather momentum and market uptake.

A Solution Proven to Reduce Waste​

Digimarc Recycle allows brand owners to increase sustainability by digitizing products and packaging with technology proven to achieve 99% detection. Coupled with consumer engagement capabilities, brands can deliver a direct, digital communications channel with consumers. And, retain a cloud-based record of recycling information that provides new insights.

View attachment 51341
View attachment 51342
Massive market in the recycling space imo. Not just at a bin or recycling receptacle point but at things like MRFs (material recovery facility) and large scale.

Results From Canadian Circular Plastics Taskforce Pilot Confirm Digimarc Recycle Improves Sortation of Flexible Packaging
USA - English​

Digimarc The Barcode of Everything(TM) (PRNewsfoto/Digimarc Corporation)

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Digimarc Corporation
17 Oct, 2022, 08:00 ET

BEAVERTON, Ore., Oct. 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Digimarc Corporation (Nasdaq: DMRC), a global leader in product digitization, announces positive results from a Canadian recycling pilot project assessing the effectiveness of Digimarc Recycle in improving recycling sortation.
The project – a first in North America – assessed the effectiveness of Digimarc Recycle in optimizing the sortation of flexible plastic packaging in Canada and was undertaken in conjunction with the Circular Plastics Taskforce (CPT), participating converters, and Pellenc ST.
Continue Reading

These results confirm Digimarc Recycle is exceedingly effective in improving the accuracy of recycling sortation
Post this
The CPT aims to drive projects to improve the recycling of all plastic packaging within the evolving Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) landscape in Quebec, and Canada more broadly. Assessments were aimed at delivering a first-hand view of sorting performance by CPT constituents as well as an observation of performance in mixed waste that is characteristic of Canadian conditions.

The accuracy of detection and sorting was 99% for films and flexibles satisfying the enhancement guidelines set by Digimarc. Remarkably, the results show consistent behavior no matter the type of material used, the form factor, or the type of comingled waste. The CPT concluded that Digimarc technology works to sort films and flexibles accurately and efficiently on a SKU-level (deterministic) basis. Starting in 2023, CPT aims to implement the technology in facilities to enable the separation of flexibles by attributes, allowing the creation of new end-markets.
"These results further confirm what has been validated in other programs: Digimarc Recycle is exceedingly effective in improving the accuracy of recycling sortation and provides an ability to sort material that current optical sorting technology cannot," says Riley McCormack, Digimarc CEO. "The Canadian provinces have ambitious targets and a clear commitment to action. We are energized by the opportunity to support CPT as they execute against their vision for advanced plastic recycling in Canada."
Large scale sorting assessments with Digimarc technology have been performed over the last year, most notably as part of HolyGrail 2.0, a cross-industry initiative in Europe driven by AIM – European Brands Association and powered by the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. While these assessments have increased in complexity and challenge, results measuring detection rates, sorting rates, and purity levels have remained both consistent and exceedingly high.
About the Circular Plastics Taskforce (CPT)
The CPT's objective is to promote the implementation of a circular economy for post-consumer plastics in Quebec and Canada. The CPT aims to improve the alignment between end markets' needs for recycled resins and the recycling value chain, by identifying and implementing concrete optimization solutions that can be deployed in the short and medium term. The members of the CPT steering committee are Cascades, Danone Canada, Dyne-a-pak, Keurig Dr Pepper Canada, TC Transcontinental, the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC) and Éco Entreprises Québec (ÉEQ). For more details on the CPT, visit www.gapc.ca.
About Pellenc ST
Pellenc ST, headquartered in France, is a major manufacturer of intelligent sorting equipment and connected services to promote the circular economy. Pellenc's optical sorters are working around the world, both in Material Recovery Facilities and Recycling facilities and their core technology is based on home-made spectroscopy solutions to recognize materials and colors. Pellenc is keen to develop combinations with new technologies like Digimarc Recycle, in order to tackle new sorting challenges with optimal performance.
About Digimarc
Digimarc is a global leader in product digitization, delivering business value across industries through unique identifiers and cloud-based solutions. A trusted partner in deterring digital counterfeiting of global currency for more than 20 years, Digimarc reveals a product's journey to provide intelligence and promote a prosperous, safer, and more sustainable world. With Digimarc, you can finally see everything. And when you see everything, you can achieve anything. For more information, visit us at digimarc.com.
About Digimarc Recycle
Digimarc Recycle represents a revolution in the sortation, and thus the recycling, of plastic waste. By linking covert digital watermarks (used to deterministically identify plastic packaging to any desired level of granularity) with an extensible cloud-based repository of product attributes (such as brand, SKU, product variant, packaging composition, food/non-food use, etc.), Digimarc Recycle overcomes the limitations of today's optical sorting technologies to drive a step-change improvement in the quality and quantity of recyclate. Moreover, the same information used to drive this advanced sortation in facilities can be used to provide product-specific and location-based disposal instructions via a brand-owned direct-to-consumer digital communication channel accessed via on-pack watermarks or QR codes.
In addition to providing the information necessary to power advanced sortation both at collection as well as in facilities, Digimarc Recycle captures and provides a holistic view of the post-purchase product journey benefitting stakeholders across the value chain. Producer Responsibility Organizations can design and implement more meaningful, and more accurate EPR schemes, facility operators can unlock operational efficiencies and insights, and brand owners and retailers can access data to power design-for-recyclability improvements, packaging-usage reductions, consumer behavior insights and overall operational gains.
SOURCE Digimarc Corporation

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Hey DB,

Haven't had chance to put up own chart but been watching a poss mini cup & handle...scribble on your chart in blue.

Can see the vol spikes start and end of the cup lips as hits resistance, the fall in SP and in vol in between and now the drop of the handle.

Would need to hold around here and start the next few days back upward and then a break with vol through mid 20's to confirm.

A break down through the bottom trend line of your channel and the poss C&H would be a fail.

Not a textbook C&H but is definitely a watch imo.
I've seen your charts and explanations before Fullmoonfever and they are, well off the charts mind boggling! 😛

Don't get me wrong, I know you know that stuff well and are probably the best I've seen..
But I don't go for the patterns and Fibs etc, I think sometimes they work, because they self fulfill, but with so much manipulation, how can any pattern really mean anything?

I know if you follow the same "rules" as everyone else, you can have a good margin of success with charting/trading, but I'm too lazy to play that "game"..

I do like candles though and especially the simplified form of Heikin-Ashi, as they show selling and buying momentum better..

Longer term charting, only really means anything in hindsight..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Massive market in the recycling space imo. Not just at a bin or recycling receptacle point but at things like MRFs (material recovery facility) and large scale.

Results From Canadian Circular Plastics Taskforce Pilot Confirm Digimarc Recycle Improves Sortation of Flexible Packaging​

USA - English​

Digimarc The Barcode of Everything(TM) (PRNewsfoto/Digimarc Corporation)

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Digimarc Corporation
17 Oct, 2022, 08:00 ET

BEAVERTON, Ore., Oct. 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Digimarc Corporation (Nasdaq: DMRC), a global leader in product digitization, announces positive results from a Canadian recycling pilot project assessing the effectiveness of Digimarc Recycle in improving recycling sortation.
The project – a first in North America – assessed the effectiveness of Digimarc Recycle in optimizing the sortation of flexible plastic packaging in Canada and was undertaken in conjunction with the Circular Plastics Taskforce (CPT), participating converters, and Pellenc ST.
Continue Reading

These results confirm Digimarc Recycle is exceedingly effective in improving the accuracy of recycling sortation
Post this
The CPT aims to drive projects to improve the recycling of all plastic packaging within the evolving Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) landscape in Quebec, and Canada more broadly. Assessments were aimed at delivering a first-hand view of sorting performance by CPT constituents as well as an observation of performance in mixed waste that is characteristic of Canadian conditions.

The accuracy of detection and sorting was 99% for films and flexibles satisfying the enhancement guidelines set by Digimarc. Remarkably, the results show consistent behavior no matter the type of material used, the form factor, or the type of comingled waste. The CPT concluded that Digimarc technology works to sort films and flexibles accurately and efficiently on a SKU-level (deterministic) basis. Starting in 2023, CPT aims to implement the technology in facilities to enable the separation of flexibles by attributes, allowing the creation of new end-markets.
"These results further confirm what has been validated in other programs: Digimarc Recycle is exceedingly effective in improving the accuracy of recycling sortation and provides an ability to sort material that current optical sorting technology cannot," says Riley McCormack, Digimarc CEO. "The Canadian provinces have ambitious targets and a clear commitment to action. We are energized by the opportunity to support CPT as they execute against their vision for advanced plastic recycling in Canada."
Large scale sorting assessments with Digimarc technology have been performed over the last year, most notably as part of HolyGrail 2.0, a cross-industry initiative in Europe driven by AIM – European Brands Association and powered by the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. While these assessments have increased in complexity and challenge, results measuring detection rates, sorting rates, and purity levels have remained both consistent and exceedingly high.
About the Circular Plastics Taskforce (CPT)
The CPT's objective is to promote the implementation of a circular economy for post-consumer plastics in Quebec and Canada. The CPT aims to improve the alignment between end markets' needs for recycled resins and the recycling value chain, by identifying and implementing concrete optimization solutions that can be deployed in the short and medium term. The members of the CPT steering committee are Cascades, Danone Canada, Dyne-a-pak, Keurig Dr Pepper Canada, TC Transcontinental, the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC) and Éco Entreprises Québec (ÉEQ). For more details on the CPT, visit www.gapc.ca.
About Pellenc ST
Pellenc ST, headquartered in France, is a major manufacturer of intelligent sorting equipment and connected services to promote the circular economy. Pellenc's optical sorters are working around the world, both in Material Recovery Facilities and Recycling facilities and their core technology is based on home-made spectroscopy solutions to recognize materials and colors. Pellenc is keen to develop combinations with new technologies like Digimarc Recycle, in order to tackle new sorting challenges with optimal performance.
About Digimarc
Digimarc is a global leader in product digitization, delivering business value across industries through unique identifiers and cloud-based solutions. A trusted partner in deterring digital counterfeiting of global currency for more than 20 years, Digimarc reveals a product's journey to provide intelligence and promote a prosperous, safer, and more sustainable world. With Digimarc, you can finally see everything. And when you see everything, you can achieve anything. For more information, visit us at digimarc.com.
About Digimarc Recycle
Digimarc Recycle represents a revolution in the sortation, and thus the recycling, of plastic waste. By linking covert digital watermarks (used to deterministically identify plastic packaging to any desired level of granularity) with an extensible cloud-based repository of product attributes (such as brand, SKU, product variant, packaging composition, food/non-food use, etc.), Digimarc Recycle overcomes the limitations of today's optical sorting technologies to drive a step-change improvement in the quality and quantity of recyclate. Moreover, the same information used to drive this advanced sortation in facilities can be used to provide product-specific and location-based disposal instructions via a brand-owned direct-to-consumer digital communication channel accessed via on-pack watermarks or QR codes.
In addition to providing the information necessary to power advanced sortation both at collection as well as in facilities, Digimarc Recycle captures and provides a holistic view of the post-purchase product journey benefitting stakeholders across the value chain. Producer Responsibility Organizations can design and implement more meaningful, and more accurate EPR schemes, facility operators can unlock operational efficiencies and insights, and brand owners and retailers can access data to power design-for-recyclability improvements, packaging-usage reductions, consumer behavior insights and overall operational gains.
SOURCE Digimarc Corporation
I'd put money on us having a relationship with Digimarc and I guess I have..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I've seen your charts and explanations before Fullmoonfever and they are, well off the charts mind boggling! 😛

Don't get me wrong, I know you know that stuff well and are probably the best I've seen..
But I don't go for the patterns and Fibs etc, I think sometimes they work, because they self fulfill, but with so much manipulation, how can any pattern really mean anything?

I know if you follow the same "rules" as everyone else, you can have a good margin of success with charting/trading, but I'm too lazy to play that "game"..

I do like candles though and especially the simplified form of Heikin-Ashi, as they show selling and buying momentum better..

Longer term charting, only really means anything in hindsight..
Thats appreciated mate and yeah, it can get quite convoluted with the array of tools, patterns, averages etc etc haha

I haven't spent much time recent months on TA anywhere really as haven't made the time I suppose. Too busy with life and work.

Isn't neuromorphic good for pattern identification :LOL:

I know what you mean though.

Agree, Heiken Ashi is great for primarily trend ID and doji pauses / poss reversals.

Thing is with patterns and TA in general is always look left. Many think it's an outright crystal ball but it actually is a representation visually so to speak, of what the market participants have done previously or how they reacted to certain events / levels and how they may again in similar events or set ups...that's where the crystal ball comes in.

With patterns, I like to just try identify and watch the development as historically if they behave a certain way at certain points then that's where you can try ID the next breakout or breakdown.

Is much harder these days I agree with the HFT, bots, shorters and general manipulation but...the retailer's will usually have the sheer volume of numbers at times if supported by FA.

I think if someone can get their head around support / resistance / congestion areas (doji indecision candles good for that), trend lines / channels and the old psychological moving averages then that will help combined with FA.

Trend's your friend as they say.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I'd put money on us having a relationship with Digimarc and I guess I have..
Hoping something like that too.

I hadn't looked at AVIDs site previously, the other partner with Circle 8, and they bigger and better connected than I thought in their own space.

Looking forward to what that group with BRN produce.

Reactions: 7 users

Doz

Regular
Socionext is a fabless designer of SoC solutions. When there is a manufacturing customer buying a custom SoC solution with Akida IP, an IP licence will come into play with the customer. It's the same case like many of the partnerships, it's all about development and has no direct financial input.
Socionext is a merger of Fujitsu and Panasonic divisions, so there is a big chance, SoC solutions find their way to the product portfolio of those companies. Rest is about timelines, some now market-ready products may enter the market in 2024, others in 2025/26. That depends on market strategies of manufacturers we know nothing about..

“ Socionext is a fabless designer of SoC solutions. When there is a manufacturing customer buying a custom SoC solution with Akida IP, an IP licence will come into play with the customer “

Perhaps , just like Megachips ….

1701701741187.jpeg

Might also pay to keep an eye out for the ASSP’s , rather than the financials …..

1701702163762.png

1701702208307.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
While I was reading today mostly about RAIN neuromorphic (a company building an analog neuromorphic chip - backed by Sam Altmann, OpenAI & among others, previously by some Saudi Aramco related venture fund until the US government stepped in), I'd like to summarize my highlights also from another article/interview with Mike Davies (director of Intel’s neuromorphic computing lab) about Intel's Loihi 2, by Sally Ward-Foxton:

"What Is Holding Back Neuromorphic Computing?"
  • Mike Davies [...] told EE Times that the technology shows immense promise for reducing power consumption and latency versus current deep-learning–based neural networks
  • this requires dedicated hardware accelerators
  • there are still challenges with training regimes and software maturity
  • Loihi 2 is intended for bigger scale data center-class systems
  • "It started to blur the boundary between the pure neuromorphic approach and the traditional AI accelerator architecture"
  • The best approach isn’t necessarily the one that most closely matches biology
    "[...] by augmenting the pure biological approach and then applying backpropagation, I think this is going to lead to really exciting networks and capabilities."
  • “Our challenge is how to provide the right documentation and understanding all the caveats on how to get good results”
  • some of the most popular commercial use cases have shifted towards transformer networks.
    “We do feel like we’re fighting against the tide on recurrent neural networks,” Davies said.
  • However, he admits Loihi will need a solution for feedforward networks. Current work focuses on converting feedforward networks into recurrent networks [...]
  • SpikeGPT’s inventors said the model is competitive with deep learning networks but with 20× fewer operations and corresponding reduction in power consumption
  • Does this mean large language models (LLMs) have a future in the spiking domain?
    “The challenge is the attention stage is not compatible with most neuromorphic architectures...there’s a matrix-matrix multiplication at the heart of transformers that is difficult to implement in neuromorphic architectures,” Davies said. (SpikeGPT gets around this by feeding data points in sequentially).
  • “[...] while we’re not there yet—we will need a silicon iteration to support it [...]”
  • Davies highlights recent work on meta learning (learning how to learn— or changing the training algorithm based on the data) as an example of new approaches to training that could be beneficial
  • Intel recently released a software package for doing prototype-based fast learning on chip—a module which can be combined with deep learning networks to do efficient last-layer learning (extracting features from a dataset and then using local neuroscience-inspired learning rules to learn those features online in a semi-supervised way, while, crucially, not forgetting what has previously been learned).
  • “[...] So our pace of progress has been a little slower than I was hoping two years ago, and that has unfortunately become a limitation—software readiness has been holding back the results.”
  • “We want to make sure that what people develop this time around is not disposable, it’s not just written up in a paper and then forgotten about, but it contributes to a body of code that people can use, adapt and carry forward,” he said.
  • “There’s no question in my mind that we are on a commercialization path, and there are results—we are talking about three orders of magnitude improvement in energy delay product [a figure of merit combining energy and latency]—there should be a way to turn this into value for end applications,” Davies said.
  • Most interest so far is coming from the space and aerospace industries that are size, weight and power sensitive
  • Intel’s Loihi demonstration at Intel Innovation used a recurrent neural network to solve satellite scheduling—coordinating constellations of satellites to schedule cameras over points of interest—in a non-standard way using Loihi 2 chips.
  • Davies points out that Loihi 2 is still at the research phase, but adds that next-gen silicon (in, say, the next five years) could be designed with more specific commercial applications in mind

RAIN neuromorphic - interesting links:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

1701708968344.png

BrainChip Attracts Former Intel AI Sales Executive to Head Up Sales​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – December 4, 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has hired Steve Thorne as vice president of sales to help the company fulfill its mission to make every device with a sensor AI-smart.

Thorne is a senior sales and marketing executive with nearly three decades of experience in AI and data center solutions. He comes to BrainChip from Habana Labs, an Intel company, where he
served as Head of Sales for the company’s world class AI processors. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the Georgia Institute of Technology and was issued a patent for the design of a rack-mount stackable hub and switch.

“I have had the benefit of growing with one of the largest technology innovators in the industry and applying a customer-centric mindset to high-growth sales organizations,” said Thorne. “Having
seen the market’s need for innovative AI solutions, I believe that BrainChip has the essential disruptive technology to make AI ubiquitous across a wide range of industries and use cases.”

“We are excited to bring Steve in to drive the next phase of Akida TM sales growth,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “His AI experience, his enthusiasm to foster customer success to build
business, and nurture the sales organization is a tremendous asset not only to BrainChip, but to our customers and partners as well.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 132 users

Damo4

Regular

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

View attachment 51352

BrainChip Attracts Former Intel AI Sales Executive to Head Up Sales​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – December 4, 2023 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has hired Steve Thorne as vice president of sales to help the company fulfill its mission to make every device with a sensor AI-smart.

Thorne is a senior sales and marketing executive with nearly three decades of experience in AI and data center solutions. He comes to BrainChip from Habana Labs, an Intel company, where he
served as Head of Sales for the company’s world class AI processors. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the Georgia Institute of Technology and was issued a patent for the design of a rack-mount stackable hub and switch.

“I have had the benefit of growing with one of the largest technology innovators in the industry and applying a customer-centric mindset to high-growth sales organizations,” said Thorne. “Having
seen the market’s need for innovative AI solutions, I believe that BrainChip has the essential disruptive technology to make AI ubiquitous across a wide range of industries and use cases.”

“We are excited to bring Steve in to drive the next phase of Akida TM sales growth,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “His AI experience, his enthusiasm to foster customer success to build
business, and nurture the sales organization is a tremendous asset not only to BrainChip, but to our customers and partners as well.”

Anybody who doubts the ability of BrainChip and AKIDA to be successful, just has to look at the calibre of hires that we are attracting, that's ignoring the grade of customers, that we are known to be engaging with.

These customers, will be given further confidence, in the growing strength of the BrainChip team.

I don't think the next IP deal, is too far off..

Anybody care to speculate, who it will be?
I still think MosChip, because IP signings are likely to be with "Umbrella" type organisations and not individual ones.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users

TECH

Regular
While I was reading today mostly about RAIN neuromorphic (a company building an analog neuromorphic chip - backed by Sam Altmann, OpenAI & among others, previously by some Saudi Aramco related venture fund until the US government stepped in), I'd like to summarize my highlights also from another article/interview with Mike Davies (director of Intel’s neuromorphic computing lab) about Intel's Loihi 2, by Sally Ward-Foxton:

"What Is Holding Back Neuromorphic Computing?"
  • Mike Davies [...] told EE Times that the technology shows immense promise for reducing power consumption and latency versus current deep-learning–based neural networks
  • this requires dedicated hardware accelerators
  • there are still challenges with training regimes and software maturity
  • Loihi 2 is intended for bigger scale data center-class systems
  • "It started to blur the boundary between the pure neuromorphic approach and the traditional AI accelerator architecture"
  • The best approach isn’t necessarily the one that most closely matches biology
    "[...] by augmenting the pure biological approach and then applying backpropagation, I think this is going to lead to really exciting networks and capabilities."
  • “Our challenge is how to provide the right documentation and understanding all the caveats on how to get good results”
  • some of the most popular commercial use cases have shifted towards transformer networks.
    “We do feel like we’re fighting against the tide on recurrent neural networks,” Davies said.
  • However, he admits Loihi will need a solution for feedforward networks. Current work focuses on converting feedforward networks into recurrent networks [...]
  • SpikeGPT’s inventors said the model is competitive with deep learning networks but with 20× fewer operations and corresponding reduction in power consumption
  • Does this mean large language models (LLMs) have a future in the spiking domain?
    “The challenge is the attention stage is not compatible with most neuromorphic architectures...there’s a matrix-matrix multiplication at the heart of transformers that is difficult to implement in neuromorphic architectures,” Davies said. (SpikeGPT gets around this by feeding data points in sequentially).
  • “[...] while we’re not there yet—we will need a silicon iteration to support it [...]”
  • Davies highlights recent work on meta learning (learning how to learn— or changing the training algorithm based on the data) as an example of new approaches to training that could be beneficial
  • Intel recently released a software package for doing prototype-based fast learning on chip—a module which can be combined with deep learning networks to do efficient last-layer learning (extracting features from a dataset and then using local neuroscience-inspired learning rules to learn those features online in a semi-supervised way, while, crucially, not forgetting what has previously been learned).
  • “[...] So our pace of progress has been a little slower than I was hoping two years ago, and that has unfortunately become a limitation—software readiness has been holding back the results.”
  • “We want to make sure that what people develop this time around is not disposable, it’s not just written up in a paper and then forgotten about, but it contributes to a body of code that people can use, adapt and carry forward,” he said.
  • “There’s no question in my mind that we are on a commercialization path, and there are results—we are talking about three orders of magnitude improvement in energy delay product [a figure of merit combining energy and latency]—there should be a way to turn this into value for end applications,” Davies said.
  • Most interest so far is coming from the space and aerospace industries that are size, weight and power sensitive
  • Intel’s Loihi demonstration at Intel Innovation used a recurrent neural network to solve satellite scheduling—coordinating constellations of satellites to schedule cameras over points of interest—in a non-standard way using Loihi 2 chips.
  • Davies points out that Loihi 2 is still at the research phase, but adds that next-gen silicon (in, say, the next five years) could be designed with more specific commercial applications in mind

RAIN neuromorphic - interesting links:

Nice post CMF,

A number of Mike Davies replies/comments just highlight how far WE ARE ahead of Intel (years)...yet many articles that name both of us
would suggest we are neck and neck competing....that is so far from the truth, we've been commercial for some time now, yes we have
research architecture being worked through as we speak, but 2 generations out there already, even more advanced technologies in the
pipeline, going by what Mike has stated in that interview, I personally don't see Intel as a threat at all, and quite frankly, if their stock price
was yet half the current price of Nvidia I believe that they would have already made a play for us.

An important thing for many to remember is that, despite us spearheading this SNN technology, facing all the headwinds associated
with disruptive technologies, the amount of time to complete cycles to actually get to market is 100% going to directly affect all other
players ambitions as well, things may speed up over time, but as it currently sits, I see our current lead not necessarily extending but rather
maintaining the status quo, meaning no one company will leap frog us, only consider taking us over in the near future.

Great to see Peter comment on Linkedin....he rarely comments on that platform.

Tech.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
Now we all know we should never judge a book by its cover and I know he's the new "head" of sales..

But let's simplify things a little..

Who looks more personable and who would you be more inclined to buy something from.. Steve?

20231205_045117.jpg

Or this guy?...

20231205_045057.jpg

But I guess, at least Chris didn't have the look, of a used car salesman..

20231205_050208.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

Quiltman

Regular
Great hire.

He is already in his role !

1701715043047.png

• Fire
  • Love