BRN Discussion Ongoing

I think the company has been pretty clear about its approach to announcements so I wouldn't expect one today. The company makes announcements that have a material impact on revenue but not collaborations or potential revenue. I think the requirement to name Ford resulted in a more conservative approach than may have otherwise been the case. I'm happy with it - it protects our NDA customers which is very, very important. As Sean said - look to the financials. Not too long to go until the second half of 2022.

Akida Ballista
Yes income will be what erodes the negativity from the inside out a bit like a chicken hatching from an egg.

The first time an innocent child sees it occur the surprise and wonderment is marvellous to behold even though as an adult you knew exactly what was about to happen.

To we of the 1000 Eyes when the rest of ASX investor community finally realises what Brainchip is hatching across the world we will watch on in the same way.

I suppose underlying my disappointment is simply ego and wanting everyone else to know how clever are the 1,000 Eyes to have found, understood, invested and held their nerve and profited from their investment in Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

Braintonic

Regular
So we have recruited ex ARM employees and now we are partnering with their opposition? ICEBERG AHEAD!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
SiFive have already released the collaboration to the public space so no NDA here.

"Once an entity is or becomes aware of any information concerning it that a reasonable person would expect to have a material effect on the price or value of the entity's securities,"

I think most on here would consider themselves "reasonable persons" and see this as very significant.
I say "Go for it BRN"
Exact point...should be disclosed imo

Reactions: 6 users

Wags

Regular
Well, our CEO did say he was trying to get a few more logo's.
So for me, this is just more of the company doing exactly what they say.
Frustrated with the current SP manipulation but comfortable in our direction.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

DK6161

Regular
Cant help but to laugh watching the SP daily fluctuations. 🤣😡🙂😃🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Exact point...should be disclosed imo
Well if they should have released it through the ASX then the ASX will issue a please explain.

Probably mid last year a Director or CEO of a company DOU on the ASX got into trouble for giving an interview to a magazine about something on the weekend which the ASX deemed to have been market sensitive.

Time will tell who is correct.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Fox151

Regular
You'd think that something like this would make it to an announcement on the ASX.
I think Brainchip relies way too heavily on the 1000 eyes to find these articles, putting an unfair advantage to those on this forum.
An article for instance like this say on business wire isn't always available to mum & dad investors that have a daytime job and limited research tiime. Please BRN don't be too shy on showing how and where you are progressing.
How does it give us an advantage? If we're the only ones that know, no one else is buying and the price doesn't move. If we are waiting for income to move the price, it'll take years for people to notice the trends in the quarterlies... I understand why... and I don't disagree with their strategy, but that doesn't mean I also have to like it.

Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Thanks Jesse.

Who is drafting the questions? ;)

View attachment 3804

We could ask what the other systems are that their engineers have been developing with BrainChip?

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 10.13.29 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Well if they should have released it through the ASX then the ASX will issue a please explain.

Probably mid last year a Director or CEO of a company DOU on the ASX got into trouble for giving an interview to a magazine about something on the weekend which the ASX deemed to have been market sensitive.

Time will tell who is correct.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'd actually welcome a please explain.

Though the argument could be has the info had a material effect on the SP...right now...not really haha

The other thing with sensitive and non sensitive...from memory the ASX amended the rules around that a couple years ago and there is more onus on companies to determine the status with merely oversight by the ASX prior to release.

Just checked my memory haha..one legal update below.

They will pull a Co up or ask for more / change where they see fit.

Personally, a little disappointed not Ann as I do find it builds a bit of a track record of maybe cherry picking info for some reason.

19 JUL 2018

Is your announcement "market sensitive"?​

BY ROD HALSTEAD, LIZ HUMPHRY​

Incoming changes to ASX Online will require listed companies to indicate at lodgment if their announcement is "market sensitive".​

As of 14 July 2018, listed entities will be required to identify whether an announcement is "market sensitive" at the point of E-Lodgment on ASX online. Although ASX will still make the final determination before releasing the announcement, this new requirement reinforces the need for listed entities to be cognisant of what constitutes "market sensitive".
What are the changes?
An additional check-box will be included on the E-Lodgment form for ASX announcements made via ASX's online company announcement platform, which will require listed entities to identify whether or not the announcement is "market sensitive". Previously ASX was responsible for determining whether an announcement was "market sensitive" before releasing it. The changes are designed to improve the time taken to process and release announcements on ASX.
ASX is also introducing another change which will require listed entities to indicate whether or not the announcement materially references another listed entity.
What announcements are "market sensitive"?
Under Listing Rule 3.1, the information in an announcement is considered market sensitive if "a reasonable person would expect the information to have a material effect on the price or value of the entity's securities". Section 677 of the Corporations Act provides further that this test is deemed to be met "if the information would, or would be likely to, influence persons who commonly invest in securities in deciding whether to acquire or dispose of the securities".
ASX has advised that some announcements will automatically default to "market sensitive" and this cannot be altered by the listed entity. These include specific announcements in relation to takeovers, periodic reports such as half yearly and full year reports and mining/exploration quarterly reports.
As a result it would seem that almost all ASX announcements (apart from those more general procedural announcement, such as appointment of a new Company Secretary) will be marked as "market sensitive".
What does this mean for listed entities?
The changes should not cause too much concern for listed entities. While listed entities are now responsible for identifying announcements as "market sensitive", the ASX will still have the ultimate responsibility of classifying the announcements. Where the ASX has classified the announcement differently to the listed entity (ie. it has determined that an announcement should have been marked as "market sensitive") there has been no suggestion that any penalties or fines will be imposed on the listed entity.
From a practical perspective, the process undertaken by a listed entity in determining to make an announcement should not change, as the rules with respect to "continuous disclosure" have not changed, rather this is a change to the lodgment process. Listed entities will merely need to include an additional step in their announcement approval process by which it is determined whether or not to mark an announcement as "market sensitive" or not. Generally, announcements by their very nature, will almost always be "market sensitive", otherwise perhaps an entity should consider why they are making the announcement at all.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

An apple a day keeps the doctor away! 💋

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Just a thought.

I wish Brainchip had named their product Akaida. Rather than Akida.

That way "AI" is central to their branding.

I keep accidentally typing Akaida anyway, so then I'd be right.:)

Maybe they could think of this for the next generation chips.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I sent the following email to Tony Dawe this morning. I thought some of you may be interested.

I see some dots being connected that could encourage my suggestion to Sean and yourself, at the recent Strawman webinar, to look into WeebitNano and their ReRam technology.

I noticed a press release about a new partnership with SiFive to deploy AI/ML technology at the edge, somewhat of a marriage of RISC-V with Akida. I was so excited to see this press release last night. It has so much promise.

I also noticed an announcement from WeebitNano this morning announcing the successful testing of their demo ReRAM chips. Of great interest in this announcement is that they used a RISC-V microcontroller to perform this testing.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20220406/pdf/457r40p4yd61km.pdf

So Brainchip in partnership with SiFive to work with RISC-V, and ReRAM proven to work with RISC-V. I can see dots lining up. Especially considering WeeBitNano’s ReRAM is now working at 22nm with plans to further reduce. ReRAM does not have the 40nm limitation of flash memory. So it should be able to create solutions on a chip that contain all three technologies.

I am excited for what the future brings through BrainChip.

Reactions: 44 users

Bravo

Just a thought.

I wish Brainchip had named their product Akaida. Rather than Akida.

That way "AI" is central to their branding.

I keep accidentally typing Akaida anyway, so then I'd be right.:)

Maybe they could think of this for the next generation chips.

“Akida" is Greek for 'spike.'

On the other hand the name "Akaida" is of Japanese origin and means "The Red Well at the Rice Fields"

I think we'll be sticking with Akida.🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

On the other hand the name "Akaida" is of Japanese origin and means "The Red Well at the Rice Fields"

Was just about to type something similar .... cheers Bravo

• Haha

TasTroy77

Founding Member
It would be great for a price sensitive announcement to be issued to the ASX for them to release not only to see shareholders 'relax' a little but also to see our SP head nicely northwards again, this latest partnership with SiFive is HUGE and I think is worthy of an announcement IMO ....
It's not a material contract or commercial agreement with forecast revenue so it's not in the ASX eyes announcement worthy.

Bravo

Or spell it like AkIda to highlight the AI ?

AI-AI-OOOO!
With a chip, chip here
And a chip, chip there

Here a chip, there a chip
Everywhere a BrainChip
AKIDA AI-AI OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

🤭

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Yep fair point ... Thanks TT

Xray1

Regular
You'd think that something like this would make it to an announcement on the ASX.
I think Brainchip relies way too heavily on the 1000 eyes to find these articles, putting an unfair advantage to those on this forum.
An article for instance like this say on business wire isn't always available to mum & dad investors that have a daytime job and limited research tiime. Please BRN don't be too shy on showing how and where you are progressing.
I'm now at the stage and recognise the fact of the NDA's Co's cone of silence stance, that the Co is going to keep a very low profile on ASX announcements from here on in ........... They will imo do all the talking / announcements via the explosive financial growth disclosed within the 4C's each quarter .

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

Yeah I also knew about the origin of the brand name Akida.

It's a pity though, because Akaida fits so well, without the literal meaning that is.

I believe Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net is already taken.

Note: Coke is a grey, hard, and porous fuel with a high carbon content and few impurities, made by heating coal or oil in the absence of air. Coke is dirty and smelly, and I assume not very tasty, Yet CocaCola are happy for people to use that. The even invented New-Coke. And remember the origins of the name CocaCola.

I know Brainchip went with the literal meaning for a reason, but not all brands need literal meanings.

BTW - my original post, as with this oen, was tongue-in-cheek as I keep speelling Akida incorrectly! So much so, that my computer now auto-corrects it to Akaida.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

VictorG

AI-AI-OOOO!
With a chip, chip here
And a chip, chip there

Here a chip, there a chip
Everywhere a BrainChip
AKIDA AI-AI OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

🤭