BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
Reactions: 7 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
It would be great for a price sensitive announcement to be issued to the ASX for them to release not only to see shareholders 'relax' a little but also to see our SP head nicely northwards again, this latest partnership with SiFive is HUGE and I think is worthy of an announcement IMO ....
We'll likely have to contend with the fact that there will likely be no announcement unfortunately 😕 I can't see anything on it being a contractual agreement? Hopefully I'm very wrong though?

I'm not expecting an announcement and at least this way I won't be disappointed 😅

My opinion only of course

Akida Ballista 🔥

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

JK200SX

Regular
We'll likely have to contend with the fact that there will likely be no announcement unfortunately 😕 I can't see anything on it being a contractual agreement? Hopefully I'm very wrong though?

I'm not expecting an announcement and at least this way I won't be disappointed 😅

Akida Ballista 🔥
Or we could end up with a trading halt before a formal announcement is released?

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

Akida Ballista 🔥
Hi AE... I'm with you on that notion...but it would be great to see something on the ASX ;)(y) GO BRN

Reactions: 9 users

DK6161

Regular
Or we could end up with a trading halt before a formal announcement is released?
Lol very unlikely

Reactions: 1 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Going by past media releases, I'd say there won't be an ann. Not yet anyway...........

Reactions: 3 users

DK6161

Regular
Decided to place a small order this morning. Anyone slightly disappointed because the lack of announcement and willing to sell, then please do so. Happy to snap them up at this price!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Like said I hope I'm very wrong on my assessment 😂

Reactions: 5 users

Mccabe84

Regular
I don’t think we will get an announcement. I could be wrong but I don’t recall getting one for the partnership with ISL, so I see this being similar

Reactions: 9 users
It would be great for a price sensitive announcement to be issued to the ASX for them to release not only to see shareholders 'relax' a little but also to see our SP head nicely northwards again, this latest partnership with SiFive is HUGE and I think is worthy of an announcement IMO ....
One has to ask rhetorically if this partnership is not considered material to the development of Brainchip then when the ASX does finally assess an announcement as price sensitive then we will all have to buy new socks.

True it is not a sale but it is a partnership with a significant player in the global semiconductor industry with world wide reach and yes I am going to say it household name status.

The ASX is a very unusual beast with strange ways and perhaps vested interests that are not aligned with those of retail investors.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users
Like to hope they Ann the partnership.

If they don't then just adds merit to some of the previous things that have been said (fairly or unfairly). Market generally likes disclosure.

Reactions: 8 users

Violin1

Regular

Akida Ballista 🔥
I think the company has been pretty clear about its approach to announcements so I wouldn't expect one today. The company makes announcements that have a material impact on revenue but not collaborations or potential revenue. I think the requirement to name Ford resulted in a more conservative approach than may have otherwise been the case. I'm happy with it - it protects our NDA customers which is very, very important. As Sean said - look to the financials. Not too long to go until the second half of 2022.

Akida Ballista

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Justchilln

Regular
In my opinion this partnership is as big as the megachips license, even thou there is no up front license fees I think it will result it bigger revenue in the future….

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
In my opinion this partnership is as big as the megachips license, even thou there is no up front license fees I think it will result it bigger revenue in the future….
Totally agree .... this is BIG news

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users
The continuous disclosure rule is pretty simple barring obvious things like NDAs, others allowed for etc.

The key wording imo is underlined. Ask yourself as a SH, do we expect the partnership to have a material effect? That's a simple question for mine.

The ASX Listing Rule 3.1 Immediate notice of material information provides: “Once an entity is or becomes aware of any information concerning it that a reasonable person would expect to have a material effect on the price or value of the entity's securities, the entity must immediately tell ASX that information

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

ypbisx

Emerged
One has to ask rhetorically if this partnership is not considered material to the development of Brainchip then when the ASX does finally assess an announcement as price sensitive then we will all have to buy new socks.

True it is not a sale but it is a partnership with a significant player in the global semiconductor industry with world wide reach and yes I am going to say it household name status.

The ASX is a very unusual beast with strange ways and perhaps vested interests that are not aligned with those of retail investors.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
A sense of relief and excitement to see your posting here. HC is getting way too toxic to read nowadays. I just joined this forum today.

BRN is the most underrated future blue chip stock of asx imo

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
A sense of relief and excitement to see your posting here. HC is getting way too toxic to read nowadays. I just joined this forum today.

BRN is the most underrated future blue chip stock of asx imo
Welcome aboard ypbisx ... time to detox! enjoy :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
SiFive got involved with DARPA last year....................................

It makes sense for Toolbox suppliers to cut DARPA program researchers special deals because they stand to make bank if these prototype chips turn into real commercial products that are purchased in volume by the military and others.

Engineers can get access to SiFive’s Core Designer and Custom Instruction Extension software, as well as tools for tracing, debugging, and security features like a hardware cryptographic accelerator, we’re told.

“We expect a broad range of applications for our IP. The DARPA Toolbox Initiative aims to help researchers behind DARPA programs get access to tools and IP easily. SiFive’s portfolio is broad, ranging from application-capable cores suitable for multi-core clusters to area and power-optimized embedded cores,” Prior added.

“RISC-V is of interest to DARPA researchers due to its academic heritage and open-standard nature. By making SiFive Core IP and tools available to DARPA researchers as part of the Toolbox initiative, SiFive is making the adoption and use of RISC-V simpler and easier, removing licensing and design hurdles from R&D teams paths.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Shadow59

Regular
The continuous disclosure rule is pretty simple barring obvious things like NDAs, others allowed for etc.

The key working imo is underlined. Ask yourself as a SH, do we expect the partnership to have a material effect? That's a simple question for mine.

The ASX Listing Rule 3.1 Immediate notice of material information provides: “Once an entity is or becomes aware of any information concerning it that a reasonable person would expect to have a material effect on the price or value of the entity's securities, the entity must immediately tell ASX that information
SiFive have already released the collaboration to the public space so no NDA here.

"Once an entity is or becomes aware of any information concerning it that a reasonable person would expect to have a material effect on the price or value of the entity's securities,"

I think most on here would consider themselves "reasonable persons" and see this as very significant.
I say "Go for it BRN"

• Fire

Fireboss

From April 21, 2021

Renesas and SiFive Partner to Jointly-Develop Next-Generation High-End RISC-V Solutions for Automotive Applications​

Are more dots starting to join up?

• Fire
Top Bottom