BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Employing Akida, BrainChip’s specialized, differentiated AI engine, with high-performance RISC-V processors such as the SiFive Intelligence Series is a natural choice for companies looking to seamlessly integrate an optimized processor to dedicated ML accelerators that are a must for the demanding requirements of edge AI computing,” said Chris Jones, vice president, products at SiFive. “BrainChip is a valuable addition to our ecosystem portfolio”.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Rarosch

Double unicorn: RISC-V processor designer SiFive attacks arm

Already, SiFive says it has design wins with more than 100 customers in applications such as automotive, AR/VR, client computing, data centers and intelligent edge - including several of the world's largest hyperscale companies and 8 of the top 10 semiconductor companies.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Tezza

Regular
Well Krustor, I hope you are saying I'm completely wrong and our sp will gather upward momentum! If so very happy to be completely wrong.

Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular

Attachments

• 20220406_060426.jpg
    20220406_060426.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
have an almost slam dunk here. Article that Samsung disclose that they use SiFive cores in their products including smartphones.... the artical specifically mentions the SiFive Intelligence which is where our IP is going.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15228/samsung-to-use-riscv-cores
These guys aren’t chump change ether, as at July 21 they had over 200 design wins in 80 countries and have shipped over a billion cores. Peters comments about an explosion in revenue don’t seem so far fetched anymore.

I have been in the Brainchip game since 2015 and have to admit that this partnership instills more confidence than any previous announcements

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Getupthere

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Justchilln

Regular
Disappointed with the asx for not letting this be announced as price sensitive….

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Disappointed with the asx for not letting this be announced as price sensitive….
But here is some information that I personally find price sensitive stolen from the Renesas thread:

“RISC-V in the automotive and IoT embedded market

The served addressable market (SAM) for automotive RISC-V was around 4 million cores in 2020. By the end of next year it could grow to around 150 million cores and even to 2.9 billion cores by 2025. That's the prediction of Semico Research augurs in their latest report, "RISC-V Market: Momentum Building," updated in February 2021. This focuses on four semiconductor devices where RISC-V cores lend themselves to use: Advanced Performance Multicore SoC, Value Multicore SoC, Basic SoCs and FPGAs.

The cooperation between Renesas Electronics and SiFive shows that these figures are not made up out of thin air: The two companies want to develop "high-end RISC-V solutions for automotive applications". As part of the "strategic partnership", SiFive is licensing its RISC-V core IP portfolio to Renesas.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

LuWil

Regular
Have we talked about Flex Logix? They seem to have their fingers in all the same pies as we do.

Partners:
Air Force Research Laboratory, Boeing, DARPA, Datang Telecom/MorningCore Technology, Renesas/Dialog, Sandia National Labs, SiFive, Socionext, U.S. Department of Defense.

Also an article about Flex Logix entering a license agreement with Socionext to develop an ASIC for a ‘major communication company’.
Socionext Licenses Flex Logix's Embedded FPGA (eFPGA) For 5G Wireless Base Station Platform

Flex Logix Technologies, Inc.
Jun 21, 2021, 08:30 ET
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 21, 2021

/PRNewswire/ -- Flex Logix® Technologies,
Inc. announced today that it has entered into a license agreement with Socionext, Inc. to use
Flex Logix's EFLX® 4K eFPGA in a 7nm ASIC being developed for a major communication
company's 5G platform.

By leveraging eFPGA, Socionext can deliver a reprogrammable ASIC
that can be reconfigured after tape-out to adapt to new requirements and changing
standards and protocols as needed.

By integrating the FPGA, Socionext can improve performance and reduce power by
eliminating one chip in the base station. This also delivers personalization benefits to carriers who no longer need to share their proprietary software with the ASIC provider in order to have it added to the FPGA.

Article below:

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Shadow59

Regular
Looks very promising!

You'd think that something like this would make it to an announcement on the ASX.
I think Brainchip relies way too heavily on the 1000 eyes to find these articles, putting an unfair advantage to those on this forum.
An article for instance like this say on business wire isn't always available to mum & dad investors that have a daytime job and limited research tiime. Please BRN don't be too shy on showing how and where you are progressing.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
D

Deleted member 118

You'd think that something like this would make it to an announcement on the ASX.
I think Brainchip relies way too heavily on the 1000 eyes to find these articles, putting an unfair advantage to those on this forum.
An article for instance like this say on business wire isn't always available to mum & dad investors that have a daytime job and limited research tiime. Please BRN don't be too shy on showing how and where you are progressing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Slade

Top 20
Given the timing of the different announcements, Renesas and BrainChip in Dec2020, Renesas and SiFive April 2021, and now BrainChip and SiFive. It looks to me like Renesas discovered Akida first and that SiFive on seeing Renesas’s adoption of Akida have decided to partner with BrainChip. So while it might be sometime before we see revenue from the SiFive collaboration and an actual commercial agreement materialize, we do have a commercial agreement with Renesas and Akida could very well be in Renesas latest generation of their RZ/Five.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

GazDix

Regular

I consider myself a mum and dad investor and I don't really mind this ambiguous approach Brainchip does to announce tidbits of news via Twitter or other sources. It rewards those who are involved, properly invested and follow the story. Not those retail who just want to make a buck. I work full time and have three kids but can spare 30 minutes a day to check my investments.

It does make me think though about how many retail are left on the SOI after our rise to over $2 and all the way back down again to just under a buck. I was certainly tempted to press the sell trigger, but pulled out and stuck to my convictions and knowledge that this is just the beginning. I also am crap at trading at the best of times. Many say holding is the hardest thing to do. I completely understand that.

Sifive look like a very good partnership. I feel there is game theory between competitors in this space going on at the moment with certain partners choosing others. I like the simple fact Sifive is only 5 years old. They should be hungry for change like we are and are unlikely to have stagnant leadership or processes.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

GazDix

Regular
I consider myself a mum and dad investor and I don't really mind this ambiguous approach Brainchip does to announce tidbits of news via Twitter or other sources. It rewards those who are involved, properly invested and follow the story. Not those retail who just want to make a buck. I work full time and have three kids but can spare 30 minutes a day to check my investments.

It does make me think though about how many retail are left on the SOI after our rise to over $2 and all the way back down again to just under a buck. I was certainly tempted to press the sell trigger, but pulled out and stuck to my convictions and knowledge that this is just the beginning. I also am crap at trading at the best of times. Many say holding is the hardest thing to do. I completely understand that.

Sifive look like a very good partnership. I feel there is game theory between competitors in this space going on at the moment with certain partners choosing others. I like the simple fact Sifive is only 5 years old. They should be hungry for change like we are and are unlikely to have stagnant leadership or processes.
Sorry - 7 years old🤦

Reactions: 6 users

DK6161

Regular
Wow no announcement about this?

Reactions: 5 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

But here is some information that I personally find price sensitive stolen from the Renesas thread:

“RISC-V in the automotive and IoT embedded market

The served addressable market (SAM) for automotive RISC-V was around 4 million cores in 2020. By the end of next year it could grow to around 150 million cores and even to 2.9 billion cores by 2025. That's the prediction of Semico Research augurs in their latest report, "RISC-V Market: Momentum Building," updated in February 2021. This focuses on four semiconductor devices where RISC-V cores lend themselves to use: Advanced Performance Multicore SoC, Value Multicore SoC, Basic SoCs and FPGAs.

The cooperation between Renesas Electronics and SiFive shows that these figures are not made up out of thin air: The two companies want to develop "high-end RISC-V solutions for automotive applications". As part of the "strategic partnership", SiFive is licensing its RISC-V core IP portfolio to Renesas.”
It would be great for a price sensitive announcement to be issued to the ASX for them to release not only to see shareholders 'relax' a little but also to see our SP head nicely northwards again, this latest partnership with SiFive is HUGE and I think is worthy of an announcement IMO ....

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
I don’t know how to link the tweet but SiFive have tweeted about it also. Get there and give it a like.

1649199456952.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
Top Bottom