BRN Discussion Ongoing

charles2

Regular
Announcement re new CTO on Yahoo

LAGUNA HILLS, Calif., November 21, 2023--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BrainChip Holdings Ltd(ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced the hiring of M. Anthony (Tony) Lewis as the new Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and the planned retirement of co-founder and CTO Peter Van der Made which is scheduled for the end of the year.
Tony is the former VP and Global Head of the AI and Emerging Compute Lab at HP, Inc., where he played a pivotal role in AI integration into various product lines. Tony also made significant contributions at Qualcomm, Inc., where he led the Zeroth© Neuromorphic Engineering Project and contributed to projects in intelligent AI agents and robotics while collaborating closely with Qualcomm Ventures.
Tony has served as a visiting or adjunct professor at the University of Arizona, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and the University of Waterloo. His entrepreneurial experience is evident in his founding of a government funded R&D company specializing in neuromorphic computing and robotics. Tony has also made his mark as a startup advisor and investor, bringing his technical acumen to various innovative ventures. Tony holds a Ph.D. and master’s in electrical engineering, with a specialization in robotics and neuroscience from the University of Southern California and a BS in Cybernetics from University of California, Los Angeles.
"It has been an amazing journey and a labor of love to bring BrainChip from a concept to a leader in the AI space," said Peter van Der Made, co-founder of Brainchip. "I am pleased to work closely with Tony on transition and handing over the reins to a well-qualified team for BrainChip’s future growth."
Peter has been the face of BrainChip since its inception. His intelligence and energy have been foundational in the creation and growth of the company. Peter will continue to serve BrainChip in three ways. He will sit on the Board of Directors; he will be a member of the Scientific Advisory Board and will advise the Company as Technologist Emeritus.
"I would like to welcome Tony to our leadership team and personally thank Peter for his energy, intelligence, and drive that has helped bring BrainChip to where it is today," Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO said. "While it is bitter-sweet, I’m also excited that with this seamless transition to Tony and his immense experience, we will further accelerate Akida’s technology pipeline to market."
About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, Akida™, uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analysing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like TensorFlow/Keras. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc
Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231121707165/en/
Contacts
Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424
Investor Contact:
Tony Dawe
Director, Global Investor Relations
BrainChip
tdawe@brainchip.com

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
M. Anthony Lewis is an American robotics researcher and currently serves as the Vice President of Hewlett-Packard and the head of Hewlett-Packard's Compute Lab for disruptive edge technologies. Formerly, he served as the Head of was the former Senior Director of Technology at Qualcomm Technologies and was the creator of Zeroth neural processing unit and its software API. He is past CEO of Iguana Robotics, a company specializing in the development of biomorphic robotics technologies.[1]

Lewis received his Ph.D. at the University of Southern California under the guidance of Michael Arbib and George Bekey. He has served on the faculty of the University of California, Los Angeles and the University of Illinois and is currently on the faculty of the University of Arizona.

He is known for his work in evolutionary and biomorphic robotics, formation control of robotic systems, and investigations into the basis of movement control in humans and robots. He collaborated on a project to help paralyzed people, using studies of an eel's nerve circuitry.[2]

In recent work, Lewis and colleagues have demonstrated a robot that claimed to be the most biologically accurate model of human locomotion to date.[3] This robotic uses a muscle architecture much like a human being, a simplified neural circuit meant to mimic neurons in the spinal cord, and sensory feedback mimicking the primary sensory pathways found in human.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 46 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning,

Well there you go.....I'd call it semi-retirement, and yes it was "planned" as I was aware as would have others that a succession plan was implemented around the time Sean came onboard.

The words 'planned and succession' have been used to put possible negative overtones to rest, I'm yet to contact Peter, but will in the coming
days.

Switching off will be extremely hard as many could understand, things can become obsessive after a number of years and I see this move as a
healthy pull-back, but for me (on a selfish note), it's fantastic to see that Peter is going to join Adam, Barry and Alan on our Scientific Advisory
Board (SAB)...JUST STOP FOR A MINUTE and absorb the sheer brain power at our disposal (so to speak) unbelievable and all Perth based, I love
it !

Peter and Tony will be bouncing off each other I'm 100% sure of it, and let's not forget that Peter is still the No. 1 shareholder of Brainchip
stock, and the most senior statesman on our BOD, so in my opinion, it's not only a very healthy decision for a husband and grandfather to have
made, but for ALL shareholders we should feel blessed and at peace that Peter still remains on board (so to speak) as I still wish that he and Anil
receive the acknowledgement together as we zero in on ultimate commercial success.

God Bless Peter.

Tech & Akida ❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 75 users

DK6161

Regular
Succession planning will definitely be seen as great news to the market. Shorters will be caught out today for sure. It would be a different story if Peter suddenly quits due to personal reasons.
Let's go 🚀

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

IMG_0551.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Dr Lewis is excited.

Screenshot_20231122_081044_LinkedIn.jpg

All the best PVDM!

Learning 🪴

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

Kachoo

Regular
Dr Lewis is excited.

View attachment 50174
All the best PVDM!

Learning 🪴
I feel this appointment is a really great addition to the BTN team. This will generate more connections and reach further networks.

It great that Peter felt the company was well positioned for him to reduce his workload.

These additions are clearly not of a company that is failing as some would like us to think.

They are building out and with Tony's experience they have increased market reach beyond edge computing only.

Question to those that are bashing the company saying negative comments why did you not apply or get the CTO position?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Kachoo

Regular
I do have one more thought that needed to be stressed to all that are doubting or negative mad and even happy and excited but currently disappointed.

The original team that lead this technology are fabulous and amazing forward thinking leaders.

This does not mean they have the depth of contacts and networks to sell products to customers. That is what building a team is you need the skill set in the team to get the chip across the door.

To have the right people you need to have a product and a system to attract these people.

Then these people will propel the product to the end customer and you will have sales and growth imo.

This is what has been build going on 2 years. Yes it takes time but the road is never a straight line.

I'm still excited to hear who our new sales lead will be!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Xray1

Regular
Seems like our CEO Sean H and Dr Lewis might of had a past connection with HP:

"BrainChip appoints Sean Hehir as new CEO • Mr Hehir’s track record of organizational development, strategic alliances, and go-to-market programs have driven revenue growth for large technology organizations, including HP, .... "

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

7für7

Regular
Dr Lewis is excited.

View attachment 50174
All the best PVDM!

Learning 🪴
🤞🙏🏻thank god he is exited! Can you imagine lines like “actually I’m bored and disappointed to join brainchip.. I thought it’s musks brainchip… but now I realised it have nothing to do with it.. anyway… give it a try 🫠” 😂

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Seems like our CEO Sean H and Dr Lewis might of had a past connection with HP:

"BrainChip appoints Sean Hehir as new CEO • Mr Hehir’s track record of organizational development, strategic alliances, and go-to-market programs have driven revenue growth for large technology organizations, including HP, .... "
math-funny.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

toasty

Regular
I feel this appointment is a really great addition to the BTN team. This will generate more connections and reach further networks.

It great that Peter felt the company was well positioned for him to reduce his workload.

These additions are clearly not of a company that is failing as some would like us to think.

They are building out and with Tony's experience they have increased market reach beyond edge computing only.

Question to those that are bashing the company saying negative comments why did you not apply or get the CTO position?
Agree that this is very positive. Not because PVdM is stepping down from the day to day but that a very well credentialed and experienced person is joining. Can't help wondering if this might be a pre-cursor to a formal "marriage" with HP, Qualcomm or another major..........

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Tony also made significant contributions at Qualcomm, Inc., where he led the Zeroth Neuromorphic Engineering Project and contributed to projects in intelligent AI agents and robotics while collaborating closely with Qualcomm Ventures.

1700605483834.gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

gex

Regular
Sincerely Hope Peter has much more time with family and friends now.

Bloody deserves it

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Damo4

Regular
I'm glad people are starting to see the ASX for the cowboys they are.
Overwhelmingly positive announcement, probably Price Sensitive, could have been submitted first thing in the morning for all we know.
Yet ASX chooses for it to be non-sensitive, and the release it after close.
Brainchip had nothing to do with the timing or nature of it.

Anyway don't want to drag down the mood, I'm very pleased with Tony's hiring!
The c-suite talent is amazing and I'm glad we are somehow in an even better position than before.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
I'm glad people are starting to see the ASX for the cowboys they are.
Overwhelmingly positive announcement, probably Price Sensitive, could have been submitted first thing in the morning for all we know.
Yet ASX chooses for it to be non-sensitive, and the release it after close.
Brainchip had nothing to do with the timing or nature of it.

Anyway don't want to drag down the mood, I'm very pleased with Tony's hiring!
The c-suite talent is amazing and I'm glad we are somehow in an even better position than before.
Not sure that's correct @Damo4 ? I was under the impression it was the company that submits it price sensitive or not. Could be wrong, but i believe this was clarified by t.dawe a while ago?

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Not sure that's correct @Damo4 ? I was under the impression it was the company that submits it price sensitive or not. Could be wrong, but i believe this was clarified by t.dawe a while ago?
Hi Ilovelamp

In the last few weeks a company WBT had an announcement which was released by the company to the ASX as price sensitive and the ASX changed it to not price sensitive.

The CEO of the company on social media put out a statement saying something to the effect that he could not understand why the ASX downgraded it.

I am sure WBT investors on here will be able to confirm this and perhaps supply the announcement and the CEO’s response.

The actual Guidance Note from the ASX also states that if a company is unsure if an announcement is price sensitive they should mark it that way and the ASX will decide.

If I was the ASX as Peter van der Made is remaining on the Board, moving across to the Scientific Advisory Board and being given an Honorary title and not changing position till the end of 2023 with no suggestion he is selling his shares I would consider it is a steady as she goes non price sensitive announcement.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 69 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Anyone else having problems with Westpac?

Reactions: 3 users

toasty

Regular
Hi Ilovelamp

In the last few weeks a company WBT had an announcement which was released by the company to the ASX as price sensitive and the ASX changed it to not price sensitive.

The CEO of the company on social media put out a statement saying something to the effect that he could not understand why the ASX downgraded it.

I am sure WBT investors on here will be able to confirm this and perhaps supply the announcement and the CEO’s response.

The actual Guidance Note from the ASX also states that if a company is unsure if an announcement is price sensitive they should mark it that way and the ASX will decide.

If I was the ASX as Peter van der Made is remaining on the Board, moving across to the Scientific Advisory Board and being given an Honorary title and not changing position till the end of 2023 with no suggestion he is selling his shares I would consider it is a steady as she goes non price sensitive announcement.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

AKIDA BALLISTA
Seems the market agrees with you so far...............

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom