BRN Discussion Ongoing

I’m just gunna have a vent so dont bother reading if ya easily triggered.

I just can not warm up to Sean as the CEO.

I was hoping the first time I heard him it was just nerves or whatever. But he just doesn’t speak well and has no charisma or personality when being interviewed. It all just sounds so robotic! You would hope in a relaxed setting taking to Tony he might be a bit easier to listen too but that’s not the case.

My other gripe, is the change in wording around the release of Gen 2. specifically in March Gen 2 was supposedly released to all our EAPs and general availability was to be at the end of September. Everyone on here thought the same because we were all hoping when the announcement was finnaly made in October one of those EAPs might also have sighted an IP contract. But now we are being told it is just being released to the EAPs now…….

Wait I have one more gripe! Sorry.. And that is Sean constantly referring to the first generation being to Narrow and the customers wanting more and as a result Gen 2 was hurried along and that’s what the company will be built on.

So far Gen 2 has produced nothing in the way of IP contracts and we are getting told different things about who has access to it and when they actually did get access to it..

The company could do a lot worse then hanging its hat on the results of Gen 1 which is what, Renesas, Megachips, Mercedes, Valeo, Socionet etc etc

Like Sean said in that other interview, the next 12 months are critical for us and for him…

Once again sorry about the rant! I just had to vent somewhere and I didn’t want to get in a DV with the wife so I chose to do my venting here where a whole heap of people that don’t know me can get get pissed off with me, tell me to shut up and grow up 😂
No worries.. Vent received without hate or emotion..

I’m not too concerned about nit picking finer details.. There will be partners like Edge Impulse aggressively implementing Gen 2, and Megachips plus their sub licensees doing the same.. They should also be pretty advanced with their software stacks, which from what I understand is one of the barriers to adoption..

If Megachips and related sub licensees are nearly 2 years in and they have Gen 2 in hand, then adoption into product may not be a a prolonged from the market as we think..

And Zac Shelby said as much. Educating the market and quietly quietly now the hype is slowly coming out of AI will help the better prospects like Brainchip shine..

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Tony Coles

Regular
Bonjour tout le monde!

Does someone here speak fluent French and do you have time to translate this very important video? My French is limited but I picked up that there is a discussion about the Valeo/Mobileye (Intel) partnership. At 2.30 the discussion turns to an explanation of the difference between the radar and the lidar and how the lidar, radar and camera all complement eachother to maximise the perceptive abilities and safety of the vehicle. At 4.50 Mark Vrecko from Valeo says that the new Lidar is being used by the Army, Mercedes, EQS, etc, unless I'm mistaken? Mark then goes on to describe what is going to be the total revolution of the automobile of which the lidar, radar and cameras are the centrepiece.

View attachment 49433

Hi Bravo, my french isn’t fluently but its talking about AI and implementing into a bakery shop to make smarter croissants, not guaranteed akida in it yet, need to research more. Thats my educated guess! 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Bravo, my french isn’t fluently but its talking about AI and implementing into a bakery shop to make smarter croissants, not guaranteed akida in it yet, need to research more. Thats my educated guess! 🤣
BriocheChip?

or BriochIP?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
I also found the absolute buy comment interesting. Is he not convinced enough to actually buy, or is he just not interested in buying, or does he know that prices won't change alot over the next 12 months so why tie up capital, or is he comfortable with how many he has and how many more he will be given.🤔
I think the latter- He doesn’t have to..

He already gets compensated very well in share based payments.. And if the company translates its ground work into success there will be further rewards in options and performance rights.. So both outcomes lead to not requiring self-purchasing of shares on market.

He will just pay a few $$ to convert options into shares..

Reactions: 4 users

Jchandel

Regular

Reactions: 6 users

Anil likes, then do do I, especially high speed on board connectivity!!

IMG_0490.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Damo4

Regular
I think the latter- He doesn’t have to..

He already gets compensated very well in share based payments.. And if the company translates its ground work into success there will be further rewards in options and performance rights.. So both outcomes lead to not requiring self-purchasing of shares on market.

He will just pay a few $$ to convert options into shares..

Exactly!
Not to mention the idea of a balanced portfolio.
If he self manages, or has an advisor, he may have strict rules regarding how his portfolio is divided.
This could be by sector or by individual stocks.

IMO, the more BRN shares he is given for 'free', the more non-BRN shares he may have to buy to keep a balance, if that's his goal.
And lets not even bother talking about the tax implication of 'free' shares.
No wonder they just sell the 1/4 or so to cover the tax and keep their head focused on generating engagements.

Unfortunately whether people like/dislike the number of shares given to management, it creates nearly 0 reason to buy on market.
Personally I'm comfortable with that, I know others aren't but apparently that's what's required to attract and retain talent, which we know we have.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
No worries.. Vent received without hate or emotion..

I’m not too concerned about nit picking finer details.. There will be partners like Edge Impulse aggressively implementing Gen 2, and Megachips plus their sub licensees doing the same.. They should also be pretty advanced with their software stacks, which from what I understand is one of the barriers to adoption..

If Megachips and related sub licensees are nearly 2 years in and they have Gen 2 in hand, then adoption into product may not be a a prolonged from the market as we think..

And Zac Shelby said as much. Educating the market and quietly quietly now the hype is slowly coming out of AI will help the better prospects like Brainchip shine..
There will be partners like Edge Impulse aggressively implementing Gen 2, and Megachips plus their sub licensees doing the same..

The quarterly reports would suggest otherwise. From the last 4C, it looks like no one is using Akida.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

rgupta

Regular
Some of Sean's comments from the podcast:
  • Position remains unchanged on SP action - but notes forced selling down after ASX200 rebalance
  • Share purchases by management - personal discretion for portfolio management
  • NASA and others (potentially more than EdgeX and ANT61) are still engaged
  • Confirms still highest number of engagement, still protected by NDA's
    • Confirms many verticals including Auto, Wearables, Hearing Aids, Industrial/IoT
    • Lost ZERO customers, but 1 single engagement ended due to lack of need - but no head-to-head losses
  • Acknowledges/understands SH's frustration (impatient too?)
    • Continues to push hard, still on track with plan
  • IP Sales take time, but model is solid
    • Modification of strategy Eg VVDN opens new doors
    • Chip only presents too many challenges, IP model still ideal
  • Hears feedback RE communication - encourages Social Media for communication
  • Product offering generations are improvements not replacements
    • improvements on the back of 'customer' requests and needs
Regarding why BOD are not buying on market.
I assume it is quite simple but Sean cannot explain to us
When they are getting millions of those free shares and Options free of cost they why to pay and buy on market!!!
But other than that it was a nice update. Nothing negative as compared to the last one.

Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Exactly!
Not to mention the idea of a balanced portfolio.
If he self manages, or has an advisor, he may have strict rules regarding how his portfolio is divided.
This could be by sector or by individual stocks.

IMO, the more BRN shares he is given for 'free', the more non-BRN shares he may have to buy to keep a balance, if that's his goal.
And lets not even bother talking about the tax implication of 'free' shares.
No wonder they just sell the 1/4 or so to cover the tax and keep their head focused on generating engagements.

Unfortunately whether people like/dislike the number of shares given to management, it creates nearly 0 reason to buy on market.
Personally I'm comfortable with that, I know others aren't but apparently that's what's required to attract and retain talent, which we know we have.
IMO people working for an organisation should not be allowed to buy or sell shares in their company whilst they are employed by it.
Rather, they should choose the proportion of their remuneration which will be provided as company scrip which is calculated on the VWAP of the share price over an annualised period.
This would still provide an incentive aligning them with share holders interests but remove much confusion around the supposed virtue/non virtue signalling attributed when they buy or sell as per the status quo.
Anyone with insider and privileged knowledge should not be able to unfairly benefit from it in competition with the rest of the market.
I think the current system is wide open to abuse and interpretation and tends to seperate rather than unify the interests of BOD's and retail share holders.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Damo4

Regular
IMO people working for an organisation should not be allowed to buy or sell shares in their company whilst they are employed by it.
Rather, they should choose the proportion of their remuneration which will be provided as company scrip which is calculated on the VWAP of the share price over an annualised period.
This would still provide an incentive aligning them with share holders interests but remove much confusion around the supposed virtue/non virtue signalling attributed when they buy or sell as per the status quo.
Anyone with insider and privileged knowledge should not be able to unfairly benefit from it in competition with the rest of the market.
I think the current system is wide open to abuse and interpretation and tends to seperate rather than unify the interests of BOD's and retail share holders.

Great point Hop.
Especially the VWAP but maybe some minimum value?
I'd hate for an engineer or accountant or researcher or whatever being given shares after a project starts and they get 1/4 of the value expected through no fault of their own (managements not theirs)

Reactions: 1 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Great point Hop.
Especially the VWAP but maybe some minimum value?
I'd hate for an engineer or accountant or researcher or whatever being given shares after a project starts and they get 1/4 of the value expected through no fault of their own (managements not theirs)
I take your point but I want them to be aligned with our interests which means not only the benefit from the upside but also the pain we all suffer from the downside.
That is why I specified they get to choose the proportion of their remuneration that is tied to the share price.
This allows a sliding scale that the individual can tailor to their own appetite for risk/reward and align with their personal circumstance's.

Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love

IloveLamp

Top 20

Anil likes, then do do I, especially high speed on board connectivity!!

View attachment 49435
I nearly posted this yesterday (without the Anil Like), nice one @supersonic001

BRN employees have shown a lot of support for Blu Wireless on LinkedIn on multiple occasions

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Never fail not to dissapoint with your humour @Diogenese lol View attachment 49436
Love a good triple negative!

It's always gratifying when one's doodle entendres do not pass unremarked (not that that actually qualified, but when else am I going to get an excuse to use it?)

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Love a good triple negative!

It's always gratifying when one's doodle entendres do not pass unremarked (not that that actually qualified, but when else am I going to get an excuse to use it?)

What is a Doodle?

Doodle - Wikipedia

Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be composed of random and abstract lines or shapes, generally without ever lifting the drawing device from the paper, in which case it is usually called a scribble.

Now, when you say doodle there, are you sure you didn't't mean scribble? 🤣
Or, is this another example of Ella 'doin' it' her way? 🤣

God it's boring atm.
Wish we'd just either go to 10 cents or a dollar!

May have been spending too much time on IMU over at the crapper. 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
There will be partners like Edge Impulse aggressively implementing Gen 2, and Megachips plus their sub licensees doing the same..

The quarterly reports would suggest otherwise. From the last 4C, it looks like no one is using Akida.
A bit hard to get revenues in prior 4Cs when they are receipts based not revenue based, and the product they’re working with just got released in at the end of the last qtr in Sep..

H2 2023 report will reveal 3months opportunity for Gen 2 revenue, and H1 2024 9 months opportunity.. The quarterlies in that period being receipts only will depend on payment terms which could be 90days plus..

MDhere

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Chris B

Haven't noticed anything on here about Nanose... getting close. Hopefully we are still involved...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101-065633_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101-065633_Gmail.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users