BRN Discussion Ongoing

Perhaps

Regular
Ok. Maybe I don’t understand your posts and I’m sorry about that and I’ll try harder next time but also I don’t think you understand some other peoples posts, like @Diogenese posts for example, who is an extremely generous contributor here, whose knowledge and insight is invaluable and to whom you were actually quite a rude git to, incase you didn’t know. And that’s not cool because it makes people not want to participate and then we all lose as a consequence.
When we start to discuss rudeness, we should talk about the reactions on posts of people, who are just tired of those everlasting speculations and dot joining.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

jtardif999

Regular
An addition:
It's a very simplified olympic idea to think the more neurons the better. Depending on the application there's always an right amount of neurons, overpowering leads to overly complex training algorithms needed and can have a negative effect on accuracy and latency.
So a scalable amount of neurons might be the way to go:

View attachment 49392

View attachment 49393

View attachment 49394
I think this description is referring to analogue SNNs which are inherently unstable and unreliable when compared to digital SNNs. Akida is a fully digital SNN architecture built on CMOS logic - making for very repeatable, reliable behaviour. AIMO.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
While we may have every reason to believe that Akida is the superior technology, we should not resort to making factually incorrect statements about Brainchip’s competitors:

True, automotive takes a long time, but no, they are not starting to explore only now - they announced their partnership in mid-April 2022, so that was more than 1.5 years ago.

Also, the announcement about the SynSense-BMW partnership was primarily about smart cockpits and not about LiDAR only. That’s why I compared it to MB (‘Hey, Mercedes!’) and not to Valeo.

While the article I quoted (which I had picked as one of the most recent ones I could find about SynSense + BMW) does indeed literally say “to explore the integration of their brain-like chips into smart cockpits”, I have since double-checked the news around the original press release (which strangely I cannot find anywhere) that consistently quote the partnership announcement being about advancing the integration of neuromorphic chips into smart cockpits and exploring related fields with BMW. (See for example Sally Ward-Foxton referring to the partnership in her “Cars That Think Like You” EETimes article)

That’s also the wording I recall. So it sounds as if they had in fact already collaborated quite a bit regarding smart cockpits before announcing their partnership, similar to Valeo and Brainchip having been involved months before announcing their partnership.

Also not true.
“SynSense focuses on the commercialization of neuromorphic intelligence, based on 20+ years of world-leading experience of University of Zürich and ETH Zürich. Centering on edge computing applications, SynSense provides ultra-low power consumption, ultra-low latency inference ASICs and IP blocks, as well as full-stack application development services, and is globally the only neuromorphic technology company that involves both sensing and computing.”

Again, factually incorrect: You are comparing apples and oranges. Your juxtaposition probably refers to some other SynSense chip, but definitely not to the DYNAP-CNN (which is the one involved in the partnership with Prophesee), which according to their website has up to 1 million neurons. No mention of synapses, I am afraid. But up to 1000 x more neurons than you claimed!

“DYNAP™-CNN, a fully scalable, event-driven neuromorphic processor, redefines sensory processing. With up to 1M configurable spiking neurons and a direct interface with external DVS, this technology is ideal for ultra-low power, ultra-low latency event-driven applications.”

It is not my intention to spruik a competitor’s product here, but when making statements about competitors or their products, we - me included, of course - should stick to the facts and possibly fact-check before posting.
And also accept the reality that Brainchip will never have 100 % of the market share.

On a more positive note: BMW having partnered with SynSense in 2022 does not automatically exclude BMW also exploring things with Brainchip, if you ask me. Right now (behind an NDA) or in the future.
Now the discussion about whether Scala 3 includes Akida has been totally sidetracked and we're splitting hairs about Synsense.

Spec (DYNAP-CNN+Inivation 128*128 pixel DVS) has a response time of 50 ms,. Prophesee processes 10,000 fps equivalent, so it's not surprising DYNAP-CNN struggled to keep up with Prophesee.

There is also Dynap SEL, Dynap SE2, and XYLO.

XYLO is a chip of a different colour (audio).
https://www.synsense.ai/products/xylo/

DYNAP™-SEL

Our next-generation neuromorphic chip, DYNAP™-SEL, features 1k analog low-power spiking neurons and up to 80k configurable synaptic connections, including 8k synapses with integrated spike-based learning rules.

The fan-in and fan-out capabilities of DYNAP™-SEL are comparable to the connectivity architectures observed in mammalian cerebral cortex, and permit networks with biologically realistic connectivity to be emulated using DYNAP™-SEL. Our technology enables implementation of spiking neural networks with on-chip learning and large fan-in/out network connectivity at an extremely low power-budget in real-time on DYNAP™-SEL

DYNAP™-SE2

Our latest SE family neuromorphic chip DYNAP™-SE2 combines the impeccable energy efficiency of its previous generations with new features for low latency, real-time end-to-end applications using general purpose feed-forward, recurrent and reservoir networks.

Its integrated bio-signal amplifiers make the DYNAP™-SE2 a perfect fit for mobile health and robotic applications. Each chip features 1k redesigned adaptive exponential integrate-and-fire analog ultra low-power spiking neurons and 65k enhanced synapses with configurable delay, weight and short term plasticity. The innovative asynchronous low latency communication infrastructure (patented) enables each neuron to communicate with up to 230k surrounding neurons and infinite scalability via relay neurons for truly large scale networks
Doigeeknees Sitter I for one appreciate your, at times, layman posts.
Agree. Sometimes I don't understand my posts myself.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Now the discussion about whether Scala 3 includes Akida has been totally sidetracked and we're splitting hairs about Synsense.

Spec (DYNAP-CNN+Inivation 128*128 pixel DVS) has a response time of 50 ms,. Prophesee processes 10,000 fps equivalent, so it's not surprising DYNAP-CNN struggled to keep up with Prophesee.

There is also Dynap SEL, Dynap SE2, and XYLO.

XYLO is a chip of a different colour (audio).
https://www.synsense.ai/products/xylo/

DYNAP™-SEL

Our next-generation neuromorphic chip, DYNAP™-SEL, features 1k analog low-power spiking neurons and up to 80k configurable synaptic connections, including 8k synapses with integrated spike-based learning rules.

The fan-in and fan-out capabilities of DYNAP™-SEL are comparable to the connectivity architectures observed in mammalian cerebral cortex, and permit networks with biologically realistic connectivity to be emulated using DYNAP™-SEL. Our technology enables implementation of spiking neural networks with on-chip learning and large fan-in/out network connectivity at an extremely low power-budget in real-time on DYNAP™-SEL

DYNAP™-SE2

Our latest SE family neuromorphic chip DYNAP™-SE2 combines the impeccable energy efficiency of its previous generations with new features for low latency, real-time end-to-end applications using general purpose feed-forward, recurrent and reservoir networks.

Its integrated bio-signal amplifiers make the DYNAP™-SE2 a perfect fit for mobile health and robotic applications. Each chip features 1k redesigned adaptive exponential integrate-and-fire analog ultra low-power spiking neurons and 65k enhanced synapses with configurable delay, weight and short term plasticity. The innovative asynchronous low latency communication infrastructure (patented) enables each neuron to communicate with up to 230k surrounding neurons and infinite scalability via relay neurons for truly large scale networks

Agree. Sometimes I don't understand my posts myself.
Getting back to the Valeo discussion after my computer had a wardrobe malfunction*, the point is, Synsense do not promote any of their processors as being suitable for lidar.

* If you copy text from a document, you can paste it into Word as "Unformatted Text" by using "Alt E S'', but if you do it in TSEx (or email) it closes the application.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Perhaps

Regular
I think this description is referring to analogue SNNs which are inherently unstable and unreliable when compared to digital SNNs. Akida is a fully digital SNN architecture built on CMOS logic - making for very repeatable, reliable behaviour. AIMO.
The challenge is more about NNs in general and the changing amount of neurons needed to deliver the best results depending on the tasks.

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

MDhere

Regular
Yes Sean is presenting the AKD 2 .0 platform. Nandan was going to represent the company at the TinyML forum but Sean our CEO suddenly got the gig..visiting Australia on the way was a smart move in my opinion..but we do have known links with South Korea so something or nothing may be cooking.:unsure:
If Sean went to South Korea maybe the other executives went to Germany for the autotech conference? :)

Reactions: 6 users

7für7

Regular
Just find the German commercial funny for the new benz E class . Sometimes a picture tells more than 1000 eys… eh words sorry, it says “it thinks like you” 🤞.
IMG_9970.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

MDhere

Regular
Just find the German commercial funny for the new benz E class . Sometimes a picture tells more than 1000 eys… eh words sorry, it says “it thinks like you” 🤞. View attachment 49417
Thanks for sharing 7fur 👍👍
Well.well well what's the coïncidence of those words "it thinks like you" when I reminded all my fellow brners on Sunday to revisit this article which directly mentions Brainchip :)

Screenshot_20231114-042748_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Frangipani

Regular
Today, I did some research into hearing aid companies. There are sooooo many of them around…

However, I was surprised to find out that the global market is basically dominated by a few European players who own a lot of those smaller companies you may have heard of or know about.

I found the following two illustrations very helpful.

Provided the percentages are still more or less accurate (they seem to refer to a 2019 Statista distribution chart that hasn’t been updated, but is frequently referred to in online articles), the worldwide market leaders in hearing aids are Sonova from Switzerland as well as the Danish Demant group with about 30 % market share each, followed by WS Audiology with headquarters in Denmark and Singapore (the current company was created following the 2019 merger of Sivantos Group, a Siemens spin-off, and Widex ), GN Store Nord, yet another company group from Denmark, and finally Starkey from the US. According to this chart, only 1 percent of the pie is left for companies not associated with these Big 5. Amplifon from Italy is a special case insofar they only “offer state-of-the art hearing aids from other well-known brand manufacturers”, some of them rebranded under the Ampli brand, the way I understand it.

While also featured in the Hearing Industry Map 2022, US companies HLT (Hearing Lab Technology) and Intricon (a micro medical device manufacturer developing affordable self-fitting OTC hearing aids) are not as influential, but apparently fast-growing. Then, there are quite a few single brand companies such as Orka or Cochlear (who are in the cochlear implant business, not in the hearing aid business). As well as partnerships like that of Lexie hearing aids powered by Bose.

So strikingly, three company groups, all from Denmark, dominate almost two thirds of the global hearing aid market! I wonder whether there is possibly any connection to the recent buying-the-dip by SEB (Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB) that is headquartered in Stockholm but has institutional clients in all of Scandinavia, the Baltic countries, Germany and the UK… (see my recent post in the ‘Institutional Ownership’ thread).

On the other hand, Cochlear would make an excellent customer for Brainchip, too, as some of you have already pointed out. The article about their collaboration with Google and Australian Hearing Hub members that @davidfitz linked a couple of days ago, reminded me of Nandan Nayampally liking the recent Google Tensor 3 release announcement on LinkedIn. 🤔

To be honest, I am a bit surprised no companies from Asia have got a decent market share, yet. Someone was mentioning Sony, and I recall coming across the name of another Japanese company called Rion.

Edit: I just realised Sony shows up in the WS Audiology box…
They entered into a partnership agreement in the OTC self-fitting hearing aid business in Sept 2022.

(January 2023)
3E89C198-3CF1-470D-887C-2E48B3BE8F8C.jpeg

B70DA234-557C-49C6-BA7F-EC33AE17E104.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Flicked through in a few seconds and listened to nothing, but did see this. So feel free to listen to it if you want.
IMG_5309.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Getupthere

Regular

Last month, Nvidia updated its investor presentation, showing that the chip maker is moving from its previous two-year product cycle to a one-year cadence for AI chips. A slide in that document shows Nvidia planning to release additional high-end AI products in 2024 and 2025.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20231114_064015_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20231114_065727_LinkedIn~2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
Hi All
While some attempt to annoy and cast doubts in the real World Socionext is accelerating its push into Automotive with Brainchip:

socionext america
Provider of industry-leading networking & imaging technologies & solutions

Socionext America, Inc.​

CES-2023_top.jpg

Automotive Custom SoC Technologies and Solutions​

Featuring advanced technologies in automotive display, AI, and smart sensing​

Socionext’s advanced custom solutions are designed to help OEMs and tier-one automakers achieve complete ownership of key differentiating technologies with an added competitive edge.
These custom SoCs enable a wide range of applications, including ADAS sensors, central computing, networking, in-cabin monitoring, satellite connectivity, and infotainment.
Socionext automotive custom soc

Key Strengths:​

• Leading Edge Process Technology
  • Mixed Signal IP & SoC Development
  • RF-CMOS Design & Integration
  • High-Performance CPU Platform Design
  • High-Speed Interface IP Development
  • Advance Packaging Technology, Low power, high speed, and large-scale design expertise

Design and Development:​

• High core count CPU subsystem development
  • Safety Island, System Management, and Secure Boot
  • High Performance interconnect (NIC/NOC)
  • ISP, GPU & NNA acceleration for power/performance optimization
  • High-speed interfaces for chip-to-chip communication
  • High-speed networking & peripheral interfaces
  • Integrated user hardware function for product differentiation
  • High bandwidth memory interfaces
  • Emulation & prototyping for reduced development time, early performance evaluation & early software development
Quality and Reliability:
quality-reliability.png

Smart Display Controller for Automotive Remote Display​

Socionext's highly integrated ISO26262-certified SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series Graphics Display Controllers feature built-in safety mechanisms that enable error-free, safety-critical content to meet the safety standards required by today’s multi-display cockpit applications.

Collateral​

Low Power 60GHz RF CMOS Radar Sensors with Embedded Sensing Engine and Built-in Antenna for In-Cabin Monitoring​

Socionext has created a variety of smart RADAR solutions, including 24GHz and 60GHz, and has developed a roadmap showcasing future technologies.
The Socionext 60GHz RF CMOS sensor has features and capabilities to support multiple in-cabin uses, including seat occupancy monitoring, child presence detection, and theft prevention

Videos​

Collateral​

Advanced AI Solutions for Automotive​

Socionext has partnered with artificial intelligence provider BrainChip to develop optimized, intelligent sensor data solutions based on Brainchip’s Akida® processor IP.
BrainChip’s flexible AI processing fabric IP delivers neuromorphic, event-based computation, enabling ultimate performance while minimizing silicon footprint and power consumption. Sensor data can be analyzed in real-time with distributed, high-performance and low-power edge inferencing, resulting in improved response time and reduced energy consumption.

Socionext's partner - Brainchip's Videos & Links​

Product Inquiry​

For more information, please complete the form below or call us at toll free +1-844-680-3453.

• First Name*

• Last Name*

• Company Name*

• Department / Division

• Company Email*

• Country*
    AfghanistanAlbaniaAlgeriaAmerican SamoaAndorraAngolaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijanBahamasBahrainBangladeshBarbadosBelarusBelgiumBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia and HerzegovinaBotswanaBrazilBruneiBulgariaBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCameroonCanadaCape VerdeCayman IslandsCentral African RepublicChadChileChinaColombiaComorosCongo, Democratic Republic of theCongo, Republic of theCosta RicaCôte d'IvoireCroatiaCubaCuraçaoCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEast TimorEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEquatorial GuineaEritreaEstoniaEthiopiaFaroe IslandsFijiFinlandFranceFrench PolynesiaGabonGambiaGeorgiaGermanyGhanaGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuamGuatemalaGuineaGuinea-BissauGuyanaHaitiHondurasHong KongHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIranIraqIrelandIsraelItalyJamaicaJapanJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiNorth KoreaSouth KoreaKosovoKuwaitKyrgyzstanLaosLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacedoniaMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMauritaniaMauritiusMexicoMicronesiaMoldovaMonacoMongoliaMontenegroMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmarNamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNew ZealandNicaraguaNigerNigeriaNorthern Mariana IslandsNorwayOmanPakistanPalauPalestine, State ofPanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippinesPolandPortugalPuerto RicoQatarRomaniaRussiaRwandaSaint Kitts and NevisSaint LuciaSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesSamoaSan MarinoSao Tome and PrincipeSaudi ArabiaSenegalSerbiaSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSint MaartenSlovakiaSloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSpainSri LankaSudanSudan, SouthSurinameSwazilandSwedenSwitzerlandSyriaTaiwanTajikistanTanzaniaThailandTogoTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTuvaluUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited KingdomUnited StatesUruguayUzbekistanVanuatuVatican CityVenezuelaVietnamVirgin Islands, BritishVirgin Islands, U.S.YemenZambiaZimbabwe
  • Your Message*
    Please tell us more about your needs:

Product Search Tool​

Select Product Category...Advanced PackagingAutomotive Custom SoCData Center SolutionsGeneral Purpose ProcessorsGraphicsHigh-performance & Custom ASICImage Processor - Milbeaut®Networking ASICSensorsVideo Processing CodecsVisual Systems
Select Product Subcategory...24GHz Electromagentic Wave Sensor360° All-Around-View Technology60GHz Electromagnetic Wave SensorADC/DACARM Core-based General-purpose Processors "Platform SoC"ARM Core-Based High-Efficiency ProcessorBump on PadDesign ExpressFBGAFC-BGAGDCsH.265 (HEVC) Ultra-HD EncoderHigh-speed video interface bridge LSI (upscale and downscale)PBGAQFP/LQFP/TEQFP/HQFPSerDes (Serializer/Deserializer)SON/QFNSOP/TSSOPSynQuacer – ARM-based Multicore ProcessorSystem LSI for Multi-screen Capable Public DisplaysSystem LSIs for Digital TV Front-end DemodulatorTEBGAUniPhier® System LSIs for Smart TVWL-CSP“cecTalker” HDMI Module - Black“cecTalker” HDMI Module - White

Related Documents​

Application Note – How RADAR Sensors are Transforming the Future of Smart Home​

Application Note – Maximize Sensing Accuracy Using RADAR​

CMOS 60-GHz Radar Sensor: SC1220AT2​

CMOS 60-GHz Radar Sensor: SC1221AR3​

CMOS 60-GHz Radar Sensor: SC1240AR3​

CMOS 60-GHz Radar Sensor: SC1260AR3​

Socionext RF CMOS Sensors Product Brief​

Related Content​

SoCs for electric and autonomous carmakers​

via Electronic Products Magazine

Download PDF

Terms of Use | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Sitemap
https://www.facebook.com/socionextus
https://twitter.com/SocionextUS
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsEK7ToCFbazcySzviPEGIQ
https://www.linkedin.com/company/socionext-us
© Copyright 2021 Socionext America Inc.

Regards
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 113 users

Tony Coles

Regular
Pod Cast out now. Enjoy! Good to see ya Fact Finder.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users

Jasonk

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
Top Bottom