BRN Discussion Ongoing

https ://www.businesskorea.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=204773

"....
The technology Samsung referred to is an on-device generative AI without connecting to an external cloud. By implementing generative AI similar to ChatGPT on a device, without having to access the Internet, users can access various services through simple commands.

It’s known that Samsung is also developing its own generative AI technology for this purpose. Industry insiders anticipate this technology to be featured in the Galaxy S24, expected to be revealed early next year, or the Galaxy Z6 series to be launched in the latter half of the year. This move is interpreted as a countermeasure against Apple’s iPhone 16 series, which is expected to be released later next year with on-device AI technology.
........."

https ://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2023/11/129_362828.html
".....
During the forum, Samsung introduced an on-device AI technology that incorporates Gauss with various smart devices. Using products equipped with that capability, users can summarize sentences, correct grammar and conduct various tasks easily without sending their personal information.
...."

...what do you think?
Sounds like Akida and hopefully it is

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Rskiff

Regular
Thank you BRN for the interview with stocksdownunder. This is a great way to satisfy my need ( and other shareholders I would think) in knowing what things are happening behind the scenes. Easy isn't it!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Pappagallo

Regular
I think the way Sean listed use cases unintentionally reveals where the next deals are likely to come from.

First he specifically mentions hearing aids, as opposed to say medical devices, and even elaborates on the function of Akida in this application. Second he mentions Industrial IoT but again talks in specifics about vibration analysis and preventative maintenance. After this he talks more generally about wearables and various automotive applications, but not in any detail like the first two examples.

It could be nothing but it just struck me as odd for him to start specific like that and end general rather than present things the other way around.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

jtardif999

Regular
TECHNOLOGY

November 8, 2023 9:32 PM UTC

Arm forecasts Q3 below Wall Street on deal delay, shares slip 7%

Semiconductor company Arm Holdings (O9Ty.F), on Wednesday gave a fiscal third quarter sales outlook below Wall Street estimates, with the company attributing the forecast to a large deal that will likely land later than expected.

Arm's shares fell 7.7% to $50.17 in extended trading after the news.

But the company, which sells designs and other intellectual property for creating computing chips that power most of the world's mobile phones, also forecast fiscal full-year sales that beat Wall Street expectations, powered by a wave of companies designing new chips amid a boom in artificial intelligence applications.

Arm said it forecast a fiscal 2024 revenue range with a midpoint of $3.02 billion, above analyst expectations of $2.95 billion, according to data from LSEG. For the current fiscal third quarter, Arm expects a revenue range with a midpoint of $760 million, below analyst estimates of $767.84 million, according to LSEG data.

Arm became publicly listed again in September after Japan's SoftBank Group (9984.T), which still owns more than 90% of Arm, sold off some of its shares.

Arm Chief Financial Officer Jason Child told Reuters that the below-expectations guidance for the current fiscal third quarter but higher full-year forecast was because the company now expects a major licensing deal to land a quarter later than initially expected.

"With all the discussions about generative AI ... there's just a really, really strong demand," Child told Reuters.

For Arm's second fiscal quarter ended in September, revenue jumped 28% to $806 million, ahead of an average estimate of $744.31 million, according to LSEG data. Adjusted profit of 36 cents per share beat expectations of 26 cents per share.

Arm has been working to expand from its stronghold of mobile phone chips into other areas such as data center servers and personal computer chips. Reuters last month reported that Nvidia plans to use technology from Arm in a major new challenge to Intel (INTC.O) in the personal computer market.

Arm has two primary revenue streams: the upfront licensing fees it charges for access to its chip designs and other intellectual property, and a royalty that it collects on each chip sold that was made with its intellectual property. Arm has said it aims to increase its royalty revenues by moving into parts of the chip market where chips sell for higher average prices.

Arm said that royalty revenue for the fiscal second quarter declined to $418 million, below analyst expectations of $420.3 million, according to data from Visible Alpha. Licensing and other revenue for the second quarter was $388 million, above expectations of $326.9 million, according to data from Visible Alpha.

Child told Reuters that Arm's second quarter royalty revenues still reflected a chip glut that affected the chip industry broadly.

"We expect the our royalty numbers to flip to positive (growth) this quarter," Child told Reuters.

It reported a net loss of $509 million in the quarter, driven by employee stock compensation costs. The company said its initial public offering generated a large one-time expense for previously granted shares and that future employee stock compensation costs are expected to be between $150 million to $200 million per quarter.

Reactions: 13 users

Jasonk

Regular
I think the way Sean listed use cases unintentionally reveals where the next deals are likely to come from.

First he specifically mentions hearing aids, as opposed to say medical devices, and even elaborates on the function of Akida in this application. Second he mentions Industrial IoT but again talks in specifics about vibration analysis and preventative maintenance. After this he talks more generally about wearables and various automotive applications, but not in any detail like the first two examples.

It could be nothing but it just struck me as odd for him to start specific like that and end general rather than present things the other way around.
I think those two uses are well and truly known for the best part of two years so no harm in throwing them around. The fun game is searching Google every few day to spot the products released for a match and a hint its akida inside....

Anyway, much more enjoyable interview I've watched involving Sean.

Reactions: 13 users

Damo4

Regular
Great interview!
Another timely reminder of how important "customers" were in creating Akida 2, with Brainchip integrating crucial needs.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

TECH

Regular
On his way to TinyML being held in Seoul South Korea starting on 16 November...so why not stop off in Australia via the cape..no one is irreplaceable at Brainchip except for the 2 founders..KPIs being monitored.CEO interviews coming in my opinion.
The clock continues to tick as we patiently await further IP signings.
Fluff has left the building..hence the silence.
Best TECH.

Mondays Post: nice to be right once in awhile....note plural interviews, CommSec to come (my opinion), Quarterly Investors Podcast (QIP) to come.

Maybe the Perth shareholders will get to meet with Sean (IF he is stopping off on the way to Seoul), Tony and possibly Peter (If he has returned from France and is free)...pity I'm still in New Zealand, enjoy yourselves if that happens to play out. God Bless.

Tech ;)(y)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
New interview with Sean Hehir

Great interview thanks for sharing,

It's caught my attention also with mr Hehir mentioned 'hearing aid'. "We are seeing interest in things like hearing aid, which is de-noising and clarification"

Markus: "Do you do hearing aid?"
SH: "YES"

Sound very confident to me.

Hopefully the next 12 months will be exciting!

Learning 🪴

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Great interview
Great questions
Great responses

For investors that cant see the opportunity now at $0.25 and would prefer to wait for revenue to appear that's fair enough. But I think they will look back at the missed opportunity and be buying at $2.00+ once the rubber starts to hit the road. The chance for investors to make some real coin is right now IMO

For me it is clear to see what is on the horizon for BRN.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Doz

Regular
The below screenshot taken late last night might provide an early indicator of another positive day ahead .
40 genuine sellers with a grand total of 1,466,976 shares for sale between 25 cents and 40 cents .
113,270,895 Net borrowed shares currently shorted . ( every 1 cent increase = $1,132,708 loss )
Simple supply versus demand .

1699482149802.png

All in my opinion …….

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

M_C

Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but the bloodnut on the tube just mentioned automotive as a near term use case did it not ........

I mean he's no Setve Mollenkompf 💔 but that's no reason not to get excited

"Renesas provided advance information about its fifth-generation R-Car SoC for high-performance applications with advanced in-package chiplet integration technology, which will provide automotive engineers greater flexibility to customize their designs. For example, if more AI performance is required in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), engineers will have the capability to integrate AI accelerators into a single chip."
Screenshot_20231109_084834_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20231109_083801_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Lex555

Regular
New interview with Sean Hehir

Good video on the whole. One thing I can’t understand though, if he can’t talk details of a specific company surely he can talk in general such as we have around 20-30 companies who we’re in constant contact with etc

Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
WEARABLES.. The word du jour!

This bodes very well for for us methinks, especially given the new Akida™ 2.0 architecture!

View attachment 49045
View attachment 49046

Merci beaucoup

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
With such a massive green day yesterday, don’t be disappointed with a red day today, that can be a highly typical following day after a massive run.

Intso’s are still mostly in control to keep the price restricted as much as they can while their accumulation continues. Though some are probably partially happy with a recovery now to start making some money. There will be some profit taking early today I imagine.

The main thing is over time we move back in price to more reasonable valuation as .15 to .20 is a silly mass oversold and highly manipulated held down price range.

Upwards over the next month or two is the goal. Don’t sweat the day to day SP movements.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Here it is !!?? :-(

1699483922163.png

1699483943349.png

1699483966064.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

mrgds

Regular
ASX: "OK Brainchip, this is a speeding ticket! Please explain why you went up by almost 39% today without an announcement!"

BRN: "Well just maybe because we are so damn undervalued, and some dudes are starting to figure that out."

ASX: "OK. Point taken."
This from @Deena would have been a much better reply to the ASX ..................:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

skutza

Regular
LOL there we have it. the good old ASX doing it's thing and helping the manipulators at it's best. 38% in one day and they do a speeding ticket after hours. Now the manipulators can use this to try and get the sell down happening with no news. Thanks ASX you're doing a great job of helping anyone but LTH of all stocks listed on the ASX. This is why the new payment systems don't work, they aren't trying to get it to work, they like the ability to have 3 days trades and allow for people to buy and sell without actually having the money. And what's the best way to encourage this behavior, speeding tickets. Shafted again by the ASX and it's ancient trading system.

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom