BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hands free wheelchairing from Honda...........because they can thanks to their amazing new sensors......big customer of Renesas

Screenshot_20231031_074539_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Damo4

Regular

Already known, but another tweet.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Let's be honest.

All this talk about a second strike came on the heels of the quiet pushing back of the timeframe when we should begin to see revenue. It started at '23, then '24, now 2025.

The other elephants in the room are
- no one believes every "partner" wants to hide behind an NDA. Mercedes didn't. Apparently the other 140 do. Which is odd. Moreover no one understands what "partner" means.
- no one knows how many AK1500 chips have been made. Do we assume 7000? 700?
- the best and most brilliant game-changing product that has been announced using Akida is, wait for it, some sort of device that will make it easier to order food in a drive thru. ( An Akida robot on roller skates, I wish.)

Obviously these mis-steps don't worry me, nor indeed anyone else who is here for the long term, but these must clearly weigh on the mind of investors small and large alike.

I'll be honest with you. Anyone saying that Renesas or Arm or Snapdragon will come to our rescue is delusional. Anyone who asks a question, then answers it for you in the very same post goes on ignore.

If we want to see the second strike avoided we need to immediately start a guerrilla marketing campaign - Forget Stevens and Sean etc. Instead, sign Greta Thunberg, sign Adel, sign Twiggy and that other guy with the hyphen, get a nifty hashtag going, above all, make waves.
I have concluded that the big 'chip' companies like Navidia, Intel, IBM, ARM etc have colluded with BRN's Partners to procrastinate on the usage of AKIDA, so as to let them catch up.
😉
PS. I will send an email to confirm.
PPS. I am not serious.🙃

• Haha
  • Fire

Vladsblood

Regular
I have concluded that the big 'chip' companies like Navidia, Intel, IBM, ARM etc have colluded with BRN's Partners to procrastinate on the usage of AKIDA, so as to let them catch up.
😉
PS. I will send an email to confirm.
PPS. I am not serious.🙃
LOL 😂 Really?…..Our cone of silence is smashed instantly IF we give both China and Russia the chance to make use of Akida.
$$$$ would be very big and fast. Lol. Vlad

Reactions: 3 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This is a bit fishy! 🐟 He-he-he! 😝

Unsure if it involves us but it demonstrates how versatile SNN-based neuromorphic systems are.

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 11.49.13 am.png

SpikoPoniC: A low-cost spiking neuromorphic computer for smart aquaponics​

Aquaponics is an emerging area of agricultural sciences that combines aquaculture and hydroponics in a symbiotic way to enhance crop production. A stable, smart aquaponic system requires estimating the fish size in real-time.
Though deep learning has shown promise in the context of smart aquaponics, most smart systems are extremely slow and costly and cannot be deployed on a large scale. Therefore, we design and present a novel neuromorphic computer that uses spiking neural networks (SNNs) for estimating not only the length but also the weight of the fish. To train the SNN, we present a novel hybrid scheme in which some of the neural layers are trained using direct SNN backpropagation while others are trained using standard backpropagation.
By doing this, a blend of high hardware efficiency and accuracy can be achieved. The proposed computer SpikoPoniC can classify more than 84 million fish samples in a second, achieving a speedup of at least 3369× over traditional general-purpose computers. The SpikoPoniC consumes less than 1100 slice registers on Virtex 6 and is much cheaper than most SNN-based hardware systems. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first SNN-based neuromorphic system that performs smart real-time aquaponic monitoring.
Siddique, Ali & Sun, Jingqi & Hou, Kung & Vai, Mang & Pun, Sio & Iqbal, Muhammad. (2023). SpikoPoniC: A Low-Cost Spiking Neuromorphic Computer for Smart Aquaponics. Agriculture. 13. 2057. 10.3390/agriculture13112057.
Read the entire paper here

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is a bit fishy! 🐟 He-he-he! 😝

Unsure if it involves us but it demonstrates how versatile SNN-based neuromorphic systems are.

View attachment 48418

SpikoPoniC: A low-cost spiking neuromorphic computer for smart aquaponics​

Aquaponics is an emerging area of agricultural sciences that combines aquaculture and hydroponics in a symbiotic way to enhance crop production. A stable, smart aquaponic system requires estimating the fish size in real-time.
Though deep learning has shown promise in the context of smart aquaponics, most smart systems are extremely slow and costly and cannot be deployed on a large scale. Therefore, we design and present a novel neuromorphic computer that uses spiking neural networks (SNNs) for estimating not only the length but also the weight of the fish. To train the SNN, we present a novel hybrid scheme in which some of the neural layers are trained using direct SNN backpropagation while others are trained using standard backpropagation.
By doing this, a blend of high hardware efficiency and accuracy can be achieved. The proposed computer SpikoPoniC can classify more than 84 million fish samples in a second, achieving a speedup of at least 3369× over traditional general-purpose computers. The SpikoPoniC consumes less than 1100 slice registers on Virtex 6 and is much cheaper than most SNN-based hardware systems. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first SNN-based neuromorphic system that performs smart real-time aquaponic monitoring.
Siddique, Ali & Sun, Jingqi & Hou, Kung & Vai, Mang & Pun, Sio & Iqbal, Muhammad. (2023). SpikoPoniC: A Low-Cost Spiking Neuromorphic Computer for Smart Aquaponics. Agriculture. 13. 2057. 10.3390/agriculture13112057.
Read the entire paper here

"Backpropagation"?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
🤔

View attachment 48419 View attachment 48420
Hi ILL,

ANIMAMQ: ARM, Nvidia, Intel, Meta, AMD, Microsoft, and Qualcomm are trying to breathe life into the 8-bit dodo using their newly invented microscaling?

Is this a last ditch attempt to resuscitate MACs?

I know that BRN made a concession to these megacorps by allowing 8-bit weights/activations, but, correct me if I'm wrong, that is only for the input stage.

It is a step nearer to the secret sauce, but it fails to penetrate the N-of-M coding barrier.

Who'd ever have guessed p!ssing into the wind was a good way to get one's own back.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

stan9614

Regular
it seems that we have a good chance to start the 2nd revenue stream - sales of physical chips if VVDN is on track to start presale of the Edge box powered by akida1000. it seem quite a few partners are going to pay Brainchip by purchase the chips directly.

1698719659590.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users

Diogenese

Top 20
it seems that we have a good chance to start the 2nd revenue stream - sales of physical chips if VVDN is on track to start presale of the Edge box powered by akida1000. it seem quite a few partners are going to pay Brainchip by purchase the chips directly.

View attachment 48425
Hi Stan,

Yes. Supplying chips is a faster route to revenue, if more time consuming and requiring more effort while being less profitable. I thought Sean pulled the wrong rein when they dropped chip supply because it excluded a huge number of potential customers, but it seems that the penny has now dropped.

If pre-orders are to be in 2023, we should see some income early in 2024. Let's hope we get a premium on the chips. After all, we will be substituting for Nvidia.

I wonder who will be supplying the model libraries?

The libraries will be determined by the specific applications, and will need to be adapted to Akida's format.

Libraries can be built up by training Akida, or, if existing libraries are suitable, they can be converted to Akida format (and supplemented by on-chip learning if needed).

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users

Vladsblood

Regular

View attachment 48425
We are gonna make chips now....? If so, I wonder is it through Socionext/TSMC ..??
Both IP and Chips seems OK. Vlad.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Damo4

Regular

View attachment 48425

Wild that Tony is the one to confirm this.
I guess it could be deduced from the partnership agreement but still.
Also if the sales are in this structure, does that mean 'watching the financials' will be the only way to understand the volume being sold?

Reactions: 5 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
FUD is rife both here and hotcrapper.

Make no mistake, those that are promoting the idea of a second strike are doing so with dishonest intentions.

We are not even half way to the next AGM. There is a significant amount of water to flow under the bridge between now and then. It is a premature scare tactic and nothing more for those that are promoting it to either accumulate more shares at a cheap price or to make money on a short position as the price declines.

In addition to that, anyone that thinks a second strike is a good idea has holes in their head. All the work that has been done to date, all of the relationships that have been built, they are at a people level. If the board spills and some of our key directors are not re-elected then we lose significant progress in that regard.

The entire re-election process would also be a massive distraction and a costly process. It is a 90-day process that would limit directors time in areas of the business that actually matter. We need our directors focused with two hands on the wheel. Not worrying about a fucking board spill.

@Xray1 is a user to watch out for. There are many more but I will leave that for you to make your own opinion on.

The only person I don't want to see re-elected at the next AGM is Pia. Loan, Antonio etc all come with significant semi-conductor industry experience and expertise. They've been there and have done it and consequently have great networks to leverage. Pia has none of that. Pia has very good board level experience and would be suitable for other listed companies, but not Brainchip. I am also annoyed by the fact she heavily promotes events, groups and other ideas on her LinkedIn, but never Brainchip, yet she is paid a significant sum for her seat at the table. Perhaps she does a lot behind the scenes. In that case the company needs to do a better job in showing the value added.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 84 users

7für7

Regular
FUD is rife both here and hotcrapper.

Make no mistake, those that are promoting the idea of a second strike are doing so with dishonest intentions.

We are not even half way to the next AGM. There is a significant amount of water to flow under the bridge between now and then. It is a premature scare tactic and nothing more for those that are promoting it to either accumulate more shares at a cheap price or to make money on a short position as the price declines.

In addition to that, anyone that thinks a second strike is a good idea has holes in their head. All the work that has been done to date, all of the relationships that have been built, they are at a people level. If the board spills and some of our key directors are not re-elected then we lose significant progress in that regard.

The entire re-election process would also be a massive distraction and a costly process. It is a 90-day process that would limit directors time in areas of the business that actually matter. We need our directors focused with two hands on the wheel. Not worrying about a fucking board spill.

@Xray1 is a user to watch out for. There are many more but I will leave that for you to make your own opinion on.

The only person I don't want to see re-elected at the next AGM is Pia. Loan, Antonio etc all come with significant semi-conductor industry experience and expertise. They've been there are done it and have great networks to leverage. Pia has none of that. Pia has very good board level experience and would be suitable for other listed companies, but not Brainchip. I am also annoyed by the fact she heavily promotes events, groups, ideas on her LinkedIn, but never Brainchip, yet she is paid a significant sum for her seat at the table. Perhaps she does a lot behind the scenes. In that case the company needs to do a better job in showing the value added.
Nice! 👍

Reactions: 6 users

davidfitz

Regular

View attachment 48425
"The Edge box will be available for presale from BrainChip and VVDN later this year."

Real revenue may not show up until Q1 2024 but a promising sign of things to come!

• Love
Reactions: 27 users

stan9614

Regular
We are gonna make chips now....? If so, I wonder is it through Socionext/TSMC ..??
Both IP and Chips seems OK. Vlad.
we know that we had chips manufactured by TSMC and global foundry before, and we are also joined with Intel Foundry Services to advance edge-based neuromorphic AI

• Love
LOL 😂 Really?…..Our cone of silence is smashed instantly IF we give both China and Russia the chance to make use of Akida.
$$$$ would be very big and fast. Lol. Vlad
Vlad,

You do see the irony of someone called Vlad suggesting we sell groundbreaking hardware to the Russians?

SC

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom