BRN Discussion Ongoing

I may be wrong but revenue has actually increased year over year?
Remains to be seen whether revenue is increasing yoy unless they can pull a $5-6mill qtr or half in the H2 2023 half..
Sean said lumpy revenue, it’s happening.
The company has been partnering with 1-2 companies every month, clearly stating they will adopt akida. They will not buy a board and simply evaluate it, they said they will adopt and drive akida into products.
Would prefer to see them licensing Akida. Something I’d like to hear if they intend to do so or if that’s not required because of third party partners with license already.
Development cycles takes time with IP, 2-3-4 years, it is not Brainchips role to update at every achievement of their partners that they make and announce where they are up to!

Still IP licenses would be indicative of their intent.
An example, Renesas/Meagchips license the IP, Brainchip would not be allowed to tell shareholders exactly where they are up to in the cycle, that is up to Renesas.
Brainchips hands are tied running with the IP model, it is simply not up to Brainchip when all the boxes are ticked with prototype, design, test, implement, production with those companies to announce everything.

Sean stated at the AGM that one of their licensees would have akida in commercial products “hopefully” this year.
Now let me ask you all, if there’s been delays, is that Brainchips fault? Absolutely not.
Unknown if delayed.
As Antonio said, you don’t hear what’s being designed into the iPhone 16 or the Galaxy S26, it’s just not how it works. Yes some less sophisticated companies may announce things, but most won’t. We all need to get used to it otherwise our money is best invested elsewhere.

Let me say this, let’s say Brainchip was a private company not listed on a stock exchange, and we looked at Brainchips technology, the board/management, the massive growing ecosystem which is 1-2 a month, the industries in which these companies are involved in and service, the recognition we and neuromorphic are getting, would we be complaining? No we wouldn’t.
Show me another neuromorphic company that has the ecosystem we have? Show me another neuromorphic company that has the experience of the board we have?
No other company has what we have.
But it is a listed company and the cost of capital gets exceedingly more expensive as a company’s market valuation declines..
People are using Chris stevens departure as some type of negative? How is it a negative?? Look at his employment history, it wasn’t exactly stable to begin with and at the end of the day he was in it for money, he clearly got a better offer at Untether AI and good luck to him, maybe he couldn’t handle selling IP? He never sold Neuromorphic IP before, nor has anybody in the world for that matter.

Well he was pouted as the head of sales in Sean’s 2022 AGM address, a narrative that was positively positioned for BRNs sales efforts..
When Nandan left Amazon did that mean Amazon was a bad sign for Amazon? NO.
✅
When Duy-Loan left Texas Instruments did that mean it’s a bad sign for Texas Instruments? NO.
✅
When Rob Todd Antonio Nandan and our Japanese Sales guy all left ARM at different stages did that mean it was a bad sign for ARM? NO!!
✅
When our recent product development manager just left Facebook (Meta) and joined Brainchip does that mean that it’s looking bad for Meta? NO.
✅
When Sean left Hewitt Packer (HP) as Global Ecosystem boss and joined Brainchip did that mean that HP was going under? NO.

People leave their jobs for all sorts of reasons.
People need to stop looking at Chris stevens departure with the eyes of a shareholder and start looking at it like he got a better opportunity which he did!!
That’s your opinion.. Many feel differently.
This argument and the same people on this forum who keep projecting their emotional insecurity of their investment are just that, emotional.

If you see your investment go down it’s a human emotion to get emotional about loss of capital value..
I just read a post above that the share price may go to 6 cents? Please let it go to 6 cents.

If BRN goes to 6c, it is indeed in big trouble and things are worse than we hope.. As the listed public market where shares can be traded every day, progress is often if not always priced in 3-6 months in advance.
With Renesas coming to market in the next few months, large tier ones working on driving akida into applications, with akida being rocketed into space in January, with neuromorphic being written about more and more and with the technology and board and ecosystem that Brainchip have and growing, I’ll keep buying shares and reap the rewards, whilst others suffer in fear.

Throwing good money after bad if that’s your investment approach based on future hopes.. Go ask Mark Minervini or Gil Morales or any good investor with a measurable record if they’d buy Brainchip shares.. I can tell you the answer would be not now.. Are they wrong? Their records would suggest not..
People actually think that it’s like selling a new energy drink to the servo or the convenience store, we are talking about a technology that is ahead of its time, never been worked on before until recently.

Ill take my chances with Brainchip over any other neuromorphic company out there.

Good luck with that risk management profile.. 1 in 100 with BRNs hype make it as a company, so as much as I want to agree with you, the stats say it’s unlikely.
Let me say it again, if Brainchip was not a publicly listed company, and we knew the rapidly growing ecosystem, the partners we have, the multiple different industries, the experience of the board & management we have, the technology, the growing recognition, the soon to hit the market in mass volume mcu’s containing akida and everything else, we would be jumping for joy, only question we all want to know is how long is it going to take, but it is a wait I am happy to endure.

I’d like to think it’s that simple as it’s only a matter of time, but there are many assumptions there. Until all those show up in revenues then it’s all just speculation..

I’d consider success a few new IP licenses signed by the next AGM, and some royalties in the H2 2023 report, and atleast something in the single digit $millions In royalties > $2-3mill by the H1 2024 half yearly report..

If MCUs are indeed mass produced and used then happy days, no more worries with a low market valuation or need to worry about shorter term capital costs…

Tough market to crack, but hopefully as you say it’s just a matter of time..

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
GPT SNN

This paper was referred to by Dylan Muir (Synsense) in the recent interview with Sally Ward-Foxton discusses the use of SNNs in GPT. Who's in the right place, right time?

2302.13939.pdf (arxiv.org) https://arxiv.org/pdf/2302.13939.pdf

As the size of large language models continue to scale, so does the computational resources required to run it. Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) have emerged as an energy-efficient approach to deep learning that leverage sparse and event-driven activations to reduce the computational overhead associated with model infer ence. While they have become competitive with non-spiking models on many computer vision tasks, SNNs have also proven to be more challenging to train. As a result, their performance lags behind modern deep learning, and we are yet to see the effectiveness of SNNs in language generation. In this paper, inspired by the Receptance Weighted Key Value (RWKV) language model, we successfully implement ‘SpikeGPT’, a generative language model with binary, event-driven spiking activation units. We train the proposed model on two model variants: 45M and 216M parameters. To the best of our knowledge, SpikeGPT is the largest backpropagation-trained SNN model to date, rendering it suitable for both the generation and comprehension of natural language. We achieve this by modifying the transformer block to replace multi-head self attention to reduce quadratic com putational complexity O(N2) to linear complexity O(N) with increasing sequence length. Input tokens are instead streamed in sequentially to our attention mecha nism (as with typical SNNs). Our preliminary experiments show that SpikeGPT remains competitive with non-spiking models on tested benchmarks, while main taining 20× fewer operations when processed on neuromorphic hardware that can leverage sparse, event-driven activations.
Recall Self-Attention. The self-attention operation lies at the heart of Transformers. In Transformers, self-attention takes an input sequence X, and applies a scaled dot product attention.

Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) have recently achieved widespread, public-facing impact in Natural Language Processing (NLP), but has come with a significant computational and energy consumption burden across training and deployment. As examples, training GPT-3 was projected to use 190,000 kWh of energy [1; 2; 3]. Deploying ChatGPT into every modern word processor will witness millions of users in need of on-demand inference of large language models [4]. SNNs, inspired by neuroscientific models of neuronal firing, offer a more energy-efficient alternative by using discrete spikes to compute and transmit information [5]. Spike-based computing combined with neuromorphic hardware holds great potential for low-energy AI [6 (Mike Davies loihi); 7; 8], and its effectiveness in integration with deep learning has been demonstrated through numerous studies [9; 10; 11; 12; 13; 14]. At this stage, the performance of Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) in NLP and generation tasks remains relatively under-investigated. While SNNs have shown competitiveness in computer vision tasks such as classification and object detection [15; 16; 17], they have yet to attain similar success in generative models. Th

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Slade

Top 20

The company has been partnering with 1-2 companies every month, clearly stating they will adopt akida. They will not buy a board and simply evaluate it, they said they will adopt and drive akida into products.

Development cycles takes time with IP, 2-3-4 years, it is not Brainchips role to update at every achievement of their partners that they make and announce where they are up to!
An example, Renesas/Meagchips license the IP, Brainchip would not be allowed to tell shareholders exactly where they are up to in the cycle, that is up to Renesas.
Brainchips hands are tied running with the IP model, it is simply not up to Brainchip when all the boxes are ticked with prototype, design, test, implement, production with those companies to announce everything.

Sean stated at the AGM that one of their licensees would have akida in commercial products “hopefully” this year.
Now let me ask you all, if there’s been delays, is that Brainchips fault? Absolutely not.

As Antonio said, you don’t hear what’s being designed into the iPhone 16 or the Galaxy S26, it’s just not how it works. Yes some less sophisticated companies may announce things, but most won’t. We all need to get used to it otherwise our money is best invested elsewhere.

Let me say this, let’s say Brainchip was a private company not listed on a stock exchange, and we looked at Brainchips technology, the board/management, the massive growing ecosystem which is 1-2 a month, the industries in which these companies are involved in and service, the recognition we and neuromorphic are getting, would we be complaining? No we wouldn’t.
Show me another neuromorphic company that has the ecosystem we have? Show me another neuromorphic company that has the experience of the board we have?

People are using Chris stevens departure as some type of negative? How is it a negative?? Look at his employment history, it wasn’t exactly stable to begin with and at the end of the day he was in it for money, he clearly got a better offer at Untether AI and good luck to him, maybe he couldn’t handle selling IP? He never sold Neuromorphic IP before, nor has anybody in the world for that matter.

When Duy-Loan left Texas Instruments did that mean it’s a bad sign for Texas Instruments? NO.

When Rob Todd Antonio Nandan and our Japanese Sales guy all left ARM at different stages did that mean it was a bad sign for ARM? NO!!

When our recent product development manager just left Facebook (Meta) and joined Brainchip does that mean that it’s looking bad for Meta? NO.

When Sean left Hewitt Packer (HP) as Global Ecosystem boss and joined Brainchip did that mean that HP was going under? NO.

People need to stop looking at Chris stevens departure with the eyes of a shareholder and start looking at it like he got a better opportunity which he did!!

This argument and the same people on this forum who keep projecting their emotional insecurity of their investment are just that, emotional.

I just read a post above that the share price may go to 6 cents? Please let it go to 6 cents.
With Renesas coming to market in the next few months, large tier ones working on driving akida into applications, with akida being rocketed into space in January, with neuromorphic being written about more and more and with the technology and board and ecosystem that Brainchip have and growing, I’ll keep buying shares and reap the rewards, whilst others suffer in fear.

People actually think that it’s like selling a new energy drink to the servo or the convenience store, we are talking about a technology that is ahead of its time, never been worked on before until recently.

Ill take my chances with Brainchip over any other neuromorphic company out there.

Let me say it again, if Brainchip was not a publicly listed company, and we knew the rapidly growing ecosystem, the partners we have, the multiple different industries, the experience of the board & management we have, the technology, the growing recognition, the soon to hit the market in mass volume mcu’s containing akida and everything else, we would be jumping for joy, only question we all want to know is how long is it going to take, but it is a wait I am happy to endure.
Worth another read. Thanks @chapman89 Much appreciated

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

stockduck

Regular
Evening Chippers ,

Idea for a money spinner ..

Most consumers if not all, annually have to pay for virus protection for their computers / flap tops.

1, Norton Life Lock , Norton's merged with AVAST mid 2022 in a deal worth $8,100,000,000.00 to $8,600,000,000.00USD
Roughly... in 2023 revinue of $3,300,000,000.00USD.

2, McAffe anti virus... bought out in March 1st 2022 for roughly $14,000,000,000.00USD
Bought by ADVENT International Corperation.
No longer a public listed co.
Whilst public ... in 2021 NET revenue for the year $2,000,000,000.00UDS
& had roughly 500,000,000 users.

So just the two main companys above annually generate something in the order of $5,300,000,000.00 USD . ANNUALLY IN SUBSCRIPTIONS much to the annoyance of consumers.

Well apparently BrainChip lists security as a selling point , University of Thrace, works to encript satellite data.

So imagine if you will ...

BrainChip created a in house product... a DONGLE thingi.

..plugs straight into a consumers computer via the USB port.
... either bypasses or has its own router, internet connection spliced into an AKIDA chip.
...all signals transmit through this plugged in dongle thingi in a highly secure , encrypted manner thereby saving the consumer the cost and annoyance annually of buying anti virus products.
... one time purchase.

Incredibly this only took 4 beers to imagine.

Love to know what our scientific advisory board members do , short of opening the odd toll gate , don't seem to hear boo out of them.

Have a good weekend all.

Regards,
Esq.

* only expect 8,500,000 fully paid shares.
. Trailing commission of 2.75% on annuall sales
.and a unlimited gift card at DanMurpys .
. Well go on then through in free medical & dental.

😃.
Yes, it should be a physical chip/dongle with the possibility to upload the newest software versions from security firms with per example a 99,9% security promise ....
So the daily business of a whole software industrie is not threatend at all and workplaces for the people can be secured, you only get a much more secure application if you want it.

....is that "edge box" with vvdn not something like this? If so, will there many privat persons to buy it only one time for 150 US$? I think yes, because of security issues.

Just my thoughts, no financial advice, do your own research, I have no clue!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

stockduck

Regular

very appreciated!
I remember the ceo-answer from an interview asked for a "cadence of revenue" from last may this xear. And I hope and believe the CEO is truly in the know.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

langeo

Regular

Well said 🦾

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Remains to be seen whether revenue is increasing yoy unless they can pull a $5-6mill qtr or half in the H2 2023 half..

Would prefer to see them licensing Akida. Something I’d like to hear if they intend to do so or if that’s not required because of third party partners with license already.

Still IP licenses would be indicative of their intent.

Unknown if delayed.

But it is a listed company and the cost of capital gets exceedingly more expensive as a company’s market valuation declines..

Well he was pouted as the head of sales in Sean’s 2022 AGM address, a narrative that was positively positioned for BRNs sales efforts..

✅

✅

✅

✅

That’s your opinion.. Many feel differently.

If you see your investment go down it’s a human emotion to get emotional about loss of capital value..

If BRN goes to 6c, it is indeed in big trouble and things are worse than we hope.. As the listed public market where shares can be traded every day, progress is often if not always priced in 3-6 months in advance.

Throwing good money after bad if that’s your investment approach based on future hopes.. Go ask Mark Minervini or Gil Morales or any good investor with a measurable record if they’d buy Brainchip shares.. I can tell you the answer would be not now.. Are they wrong? Their records would suggest not..

Good luck with that risk management profile.. 1 in 100 with BRNs hype make it as a company, so as much as I want to agree with you, the stats say it’s unlikely.

I’d like to think it’s that simple as it’s only a matter of time, but there are many assumptions there. Until all those show up in revenues then it’s all just speculation..

I’d consider success a few new IP licenses signed by the next AGM, and some royalties in the H2 2023 report, and atleast something in the single digit $millions In royalties > $2-3mill by the H1 2024 half yearly report..

If MCUs are indeed mass produced and used then happy days, no more worries with a low market valuation or need to worry about shorter term capital costs…

Tough market to crack, but hopefully as you say it’s just a matter of time..

You forgot to say, "What's a Neuromorphic chip anyway"?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Xray1

Regular
Hey hotty,

My pleasure... A nice easy explanation of what it all means!

It is something for all shareholders to consider when voting!!!

Some might not be happy with the whole BRN situation at the moment but if the votes go the way of a 'second strike' then that IMO would be an absolute nightmare for BRN moving forward (no confidence!!)

When a ‘second strike’ occurs, the shareholders will vote at the same AGM to determine whether all the directors will need to stand for re-election.....😱😱

Have a great weekend and Good luck to you et al :)
IMO .... We will need to have as many s/holders personally attend at the next AGM to vote on the Strike 2 situation, if that situation was to ever eventuate ... as I take it from your post that a vote will be taken at the actual AGM with those present at the time if a strike 2 situation was to be called.

Reactions: 1 users

Cardpro

Regular

Diogenese: you asked the following question ......

" What would you have the board do differently to avoid
the 2nd strike? "

The answer might be quite simple .....

IMO, by thus putting the "Renumeration Reports" currently on hold till such time as the Co actually brings in at the very least a "Break Even" revenue stream.

IMO, if the BOD and Management aren't even prepared to wait for such an event to take effect, then that will only cause me further concerns as to where things are really at with this Co and the take up of Akida IP as well as the actual formalisation of any contracts / Royalties.

In essence, it is also my view that this type of approach can equate to the BOD and Management of putting some of their own personal skin and $$$ into the Co as well as promoting a positive Co sentiment and s/holder satisfaction that things are expected to vastly improve in the not too far distant future.
I doubt they will put their skin into this, if they wanted to, they would've already... they will probably move on and get another job at another board...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Xray1

Regular
Just out of interest .... can anyone please tell me why I didn't see Manny H with 8 million shares he received listed in the top 20 s/holder list ..... or did I miss it somewhere along the line ????

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users
Just out of interest .... can anyone please tell me why I didn't see Manny H with 8 million shares he received listed in the top 20 s/holder list ..... or did I miss it somewhere along the line ????
Probably cashed out at a higher SP if he was in the know lol

Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Antidepressants. Use them.

giphy (8).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
IMO .... We will need to have as many s/holders personally attend at the next AGM to vote on the Strike 2 situation, if that situation was to ever eventuate ... as I take it from your post that a vote will be taken at the actual AGM with those present at the time if a strike 2 situation was to be called.

1cdf8193414ff8bcc8f142828119d4fd.gif

Can we talk about a strike 3 now instead? 2 has been flogged to death.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

jtardif999

Regular
Nvidia, Arm to develop chips based on Arm technology: report

Nvidia Corp. NVDA is developing computer chips that would use technology from Arm Holdings ARM, according to a Reuters report Monday, citing people familiar with the matter. The central processing units would run the Microsoft MSFT Windows operating system and could be available as early as 2025, the report said. Advanced Micro Devices Inc. AMD is also planning to develop chips for personal computers using Arm technology. Nvidia was not immediately available for comment on the Reuters report.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

jtardif999

Regular
TECHNOLOGYUNDEFINED

Arm Stock Rallies on Report That Nvidia Could Start Making PC Processors

A rm Holdings stock has staged a two-day 8.5% rally on speculation that the newly public chip design company could get a boost from an expansion in the number of companies producing microprocessors for Microsoft Windows-based personal computers using Arm technology.

Qualcomm (ticker: QCOM) is the only chip maker licensed by Microsoft (MSFT) to produce Arm-based processors for Windows PCs, but that arrangement expires next year.

On Monday, Reuters reported that both Nvidia (NVDA) and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) are developing their own Arm-based processors for Windows PCs and could start shipping in 2025. The PC processor market is dominated by x86-based designs from Intel (INTC) and AMD (AMD).

The companies aren’t commenting on the report, which Reuters attributed to two people familiar with the matter.

It’s worth noting that Nvidia signed a 20-year licensing agreement with Arm that survived the 2022 termination of the proposed acquisition of Arm by Nvidia. AMD is also a longtime Arm licensee. Neither has been making Arm-based PC chips.

In a research report, NewStreet Research analyst Pierre Ferragu wrote that he thinks it will be “extremely difficult” for Arm (ARM) to gain traction in the PC market.

The analyst noted that so far only Apple has found success in adopting Arm-based processors for laptops and desktops. But he added that Nvidia’s reported interest in making Arm-based PC processors “should be taken seriously.” He pointed out that “tighter integration between GPU and CPU is a powerful value proposition, especially for gaming and 3D graphic design laptops.”

Ferragu sees the potential entrance of Nvidia into the CPU market as “a material headwind” for both Intel and AMD.”

In a research note, Wells Fargo analyst Aaron Rakers wrote that it makes sense for Nvidia and AMD to target Arm-based chips as PC manufacturers increasingly focus on AI computing capabilities. He noted that, according to Mercury Research, Arm-based PCs—including Macs—were 12% of the market over the 12 months through June 30, versus 9% a year earlier and 2% two years ago.

Wedbush analyst Matt Bryson said in a research note that a decision by both Nvidia and AMD to start making Arm-based PC chips would be “a potential concern” for Intel, but that the company’s future results will be driven primarily by progress in building out its foundry business.

Write to Eric J. Savitz at eric.savitz@barrons.com

The Barron's Daily

• Fire

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Dear Xrated,

Gather your pitch fork army else where.

• Love
  • Sad

manny100

Regular
My view on BRN is that its still a spec investment for me with in my view a good chance of eventually being a leader in the AI at the Edge industry.
BRN offers real time without a journey to the cloud.
Ever watched TV and the voices are not in sync with the actors, ie not real time - annoying. You dont get that with AKIDA.
Seeing something a fraction after it happens. You do not get that with AKIDA.
Add privacy/security, power savings, ability to expand, adaptability etc.
BRN is a major advance on what we have now. Silent movies to talkies, black and white movies to colour, to CinemaScope etc.
Try driving cars out of sync with real time. Speed kills - not with AKIDA.
The only thing i need is patience and a bit of luck.
While all the experts agree AI at the Edge will be huge its taking its time getting here.
We have 1st mover advantage and we need take up to get cracking before others catch up.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Is neuromorphic computing the future of visual perception in machines?​

Oct 26, 2023, 5:37 pm EDT | Abhishek Jadhav
CATEGORIES Biometric R&D | Biometrics News | Facial Recognition
Is neuromorphic computing the future of visual perception in machines?

Technology companies specializing in compact, energy-efficient edge computing devices are actively working to enhance their devices’ capabilities to enable visual perception in machines for applications like facial recognition. Typically, visual perception demands significant computational resources when deployed remotely on edge devices, leading to reduced latency and the ability to make real-time decisions.
Historically, the conventional use of deep learning and machine learning neural hardware, along with GPUs, has shown inefficiency in terms of energy consumption, especially when deployed near the network edge where data originates.

In response to this challenge, neuromorphic computing emerged as a solution, offering a form of artificial intelligence inspired by the human brain’s information processing methods. Using neuromorphic computing enables companies to create edge devices with a strong focus on energy efficiency, even while managing demanding AI workloads.

BrainChip partners with VVDN to develop Edge Box based on neuromorphic technology​

BrainChip, a company known for its neuromorphic computing, has collaborated with VVDN Technologies, an electronics engineering and manufacturing firm, to create an Edge Box based on neuromorphic computing technology. This product is geared towards delivering advanced AI capabilities and finding applications in diverse domains such as security surveillance, automotive, and industrial use cases.
According to BrainChip, the Edge Box is designed to enable customers to deploy edge artificial intelligence applications in a cost-effective manner. Organizations can leverage the power of AI on edge devices for monitoring and security applications across various industries, offering a significantly more efficient and effective alternative to traditional approaches.
The Edge Box is a compact device with the capacity to execute AI models that support tasks like video analytics, facial recognition, and object detection. Leveraging the BrainChip Akida processor, known for its high performance, low power consumption, and scalable architecture, the Edge Box can be a suitable device for edge AI solutions.
“This portable and compact Edge box is a game-changer that enables customers to deploy AI applications cost-effectively with unprecedented speed and efficiency to proliferate the benefits of intelligent compute,” says Sean Hehir, chief executive officer at BrainChip.

Prophesee develops GenX320 event-based Metavision sensor for always-on area monitoring systems​

Prophesee has unveiled GenX32, an event-based Metavision sensor, with the aim of enhancing its integration and user-friendliness within edge-embedded vision systems, such as AI accelerators and edge system-on-chips. The primary focus of development has centered around optimizing event data pre-processing and formatting, ensuring compatibility with data interfaces, and facilitating low-latency connectivity to various processing platforms, including energy-efficient neuromorphic processors.
The company highlights specific use cases for this sensor, such as eye-tracking for human-machine interfaces, safety applications like driver monitoring systems (DMS), and emission detection. Additionally, it offers always-on capabilities for security and safety applications.
Prophesee uses event-based vision through its Metavision platform, representing a shift from conventional methods of acquiring and processing visual data, taking inspiration from the functioning of the human vision system. By using neuromorphic techniques, Prophesee achieves efficiency and performance enhancements, resulting in enhancing safety, productivity, and the overall user experience across various vision-enabled systems in domains like consumer electronics, industrial settings, automotive applications, and more.
In contrast to traditional cameras, event sensors do not use one common acquisition rate (frame rate) for all pixels. Instead, each pixel independently determines when it samples data by reacting to changes in incident light levels. This approach offers several advantages, including rapid operation, efficient power utilization, minimal latency leading to faster response times, reduced data processing demands, and a high dynamic range. These qualities collectively render event sensors highly suitable for applications in the realm of security and beyond.
“We have built on our foundation of commercial success in other application areas and developed this new event-based Metavision sensor to address the needs of edge system developers with a sensor that is easy to integrate, configure and optimize for multiple compelling use cases in motion and object detection, presence awareness, gesture recognition, eye tracking, and other high growth areas,” says Luca Verre, chief executive officer and co-founder at Prophesee. These other areas could include face biometrics.

SiLC Technologies introduces Eyeonic Vision Systems for advanced machine vision​

SiLC Technologies has developed four distinct versions of the Eyeonic Vision System, each customized to enhance machine visual perception. These versions are optimized to address varying application needs, which demand vision capabilities across different distances.
In contrast to traditional machine vision systems that typically rely on conventional cameras for capturing static images, SiLC’s Eyeonic Vision Systems represent a more comprehensive and dynamic solution.
The Eyeonic Vision System uses FMCW (Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave) LiDAR technology, a sensor that uses laser light to measure distances and gather detailed environmental data. This capability enables the system to deliver real-time and precise information. To integrate the FMCW LiDAR sensor, the company has built a chip-integrated solution, which forms the core technology utilized within these vision systems.
“Since the launch of the Eyeonic Vision System, our collaboration with various OEMs revealed distinct vision requirements, necessitating multiple versions of our solution,” says Mehdi Asghari, chief executive officer and founder at SiLC Technologies.

Market growth for neuromorphic technology​

As per a report from Gartner, neuromorphic computing stands out as one of the four emerging technologies to reshape the industry landscape within three to eight years. Their report highlights the substantial influence neuromorphic computing will have on existing product offerings and market dynamics.
“The impact is likely to be significant, though, as neuromorphic computing is expected to disrupt many of the current AI technology developments, delivering power savings and performance benefits not achievable with current generations of AI chips,” the report says.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Wow!

cats-animals.gif

Biden to sign executive order regulating AI use in federal government​

The U.S. president is expected to sign an order on Monday, Oct. 30, to institute guidance for vetting AI tools for government use.

Mike Dalton
Oct. 27, 2023 at 12:30 am UTC
2 min read
Updated: October 27, 2023 at 2:19 am
Biden to sign executive order regulating AI use in federal government

PHOTO BY GAGE SKIDMORE / CC BY-SA 2.0 / WIKIMEDIA. REMIXED BY CRYPTOSLATE

U.S. President Joe Biden is expected to sign an executive order on artificial intelligence (AI) regulation, the Washington Post said on Oct. 24.
The order, which will likely be signed on Monday, Oct. 30, is said to have at least three goals. First, the order will require advanced AI models to undergo an assessment before they are used by the U.S. government and its federal workers. It is unclear which models this rule might apply to and which criteria the assessment might include.
Second, the order will task select U.S. agencies, including the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, and certain intelligence groups, with examining how they might use AI to improve national cybersecurity.

down-arrow-gif-101682.gif

Screen Shot 2023-10-29 at 12.38.00 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 104 users
Top Bottom