BRN Discussion Ongoing

Rskiff

Regular
Afternoon Chippers ,

Ray of sunshine , the US Government has elected a new House Speaker which should help alleviate some wobbles in the global markets a little.

American spending can resume.

Regards,
Esq
I wouldn't bet on it, looking at the new guys credentials. A mess

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20231026_125116_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Slade

Top 20
My morning BrainChip routine now includes a quick search of TSex for meaningful posts by @Diogenese @IloveLamp @Bravo and a few other avid researchers. A chuckle at at @Xray1 posts and then a quick search of some other sources. 20 min tops. Will repeat in the evening and share it here if I find anything new. Looking forward to news from Renesas and MegaChips over the next 6 months. There will always be naysayers. Yet to meet one that lives a happy life.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 36 users

Labsy

Regular
Plenty of bargain hunters on buy side.....

Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
In my opinion it will be just falling upon death ears and the ongoing cone of Co silence will prevail.
I just pictured the movie for "death ears" in my mind........it was awful

No worth hearing imo

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Xray1

Regular
My morning BrainChip routine now includes a quick search of TSex for meaningful posts by @Diogenese @IloveLamp @Bravo and a few other avid researchers. A chuckle at at @Xray1 posts and then a quick search of some other sources. 20 min tops. Will repeat in the evening and share it here if I find anything new. Looking forward to news from Renesas and MegaChips over the next 6 months. There will always be naysayers. Yet to meet one that lives a happy life.
Thanks Slade for those kind words ...... I'm so glad that you look forward to my posts on a daily basis and that I bring so much happiness and chuckles into your life.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Both yourself and Dingo are missing the point ........ The point I am making is that after some 12 years of BRN being listed on the ASX we are now trading well below our LPO issue price of .25 cents ...... IMO after 12 years of trading this is a poor situation to be in. However, If your content with this financial situation then that is a matter for yourselves.

In regards to your maths about the dilution of shares issue ..........I ask, where has all those extra millions of shares and the money gone to given we are only seeing some $27K returns from customer receipts as per this latest 4C ............
No mate. You are missing the point of my message.

It is a waste of energy arguing with you so I won't bother.

Cheers and good luck with your holdings, whether they be long or short.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
For XL spreadsheet users, I've just discovered a useful formula for detecting the last number in a column of figures:

=INDEX(Y:Y,COUNTA(Y:Y), 1)

where Y is the column containing the numbers.

Note 1: any empty cells before the last number in the column should be filled with a zero, ie, 0.
Note 2: The formula needs to be placed in a cell which is not in column Y.

I find this useful where I want to have the total in a specific cell, eg BRN shares, which can be accessed from another sheet, eg consolidated share holdings. Of course you can just write the number in the selected cell each time you buy more shares (or whatever your XL fetish is), but why chase cats/cars/tails when you've got a dog?

PS: Darwin's natural selection at work - when I was a young lad, many dogs used to chase cars, ...
PPS: ... and many callow youths used to take delight in opening the car door at the critical moment ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Diogenese ,

Several years ago i was trying to crack a formula on how to beat the bookies at their own game , David Walsh & Co succeeded ,
I got pretty close.
Using an old laptop computer & word excel, spread sheets inserting formulas to do heaps of running maths.
My laptop got a little slow so i took it to the local computer chap to see what was wrong , on seeing the just under 956,000 rolling computations he started to laugh and said a vastly larger machine was required.

Any how this is partially what drew myself to BrainChip.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

hotty4040

Regular

McHale

Regular
Afternoon Chippers ,

Ray of sunshine , the US Government has elected a new House Speaker which should help alleviate some wobbles in the global markets a little.

American spending can resume.

Regards,
Esq
Hi Esqy, I'm a bit maybe maybe on the US spending, the Republicans have a very slender majority in Congress and many of them want Biden to tighten the spending reins, the US is on track for a $2trillion deficit already this year.

Biden has been spending money like a drunken sailor, and the Bond (Gov't debt) markets are still in dis-array, and the Central Banks have no ammo - the only thing they can do is raise rates to try and dampen inflation.

What most pundits don't get is the fact that it is all about fiscal policy, which is all about what our elected politicians spend, our politicians on all sides have been going deeper and deeper into debt for decades, with rising interest rates (this global inflation spiral - which we haven't seen the likes of since Paul Volcker moved rates way higher than where they are now) this debt pile which is denominated largely in US dollars, and being mostly long term Gov't Bonds, is getting more and more expensive to merely pay the interest on.

But my immediate concern is what the hell is Iran going to do, won't go there.

On BRN I have a chart for this year, on which I have drawn some boxes, said boxes encapsulate a series of trading ranges that have covered a big chunk of price action this year. If you look at the chart you can see that between each box there is usually a sharp drop in SP.

Further the boxes have a denoted duration of trading days, the current box is now 26 days old so it is getting quite mature, there is only 1 box which has had a longer life and that is box E @37 trading days. I have a view which is probably like most others here, and that is; that BRN is trading way, way below fair market value.

We know many tech stocks on the Nasdaq are valued on the progress they have made developing their tech and what potential that tech has to impact the market and then subsequent market penetration. I take a different view to a number of contributors here in that I believe most price movement on modern bourses is initiated by algorithmic trading bots, there are statistics which support my view.

Large institutions run the bots (this is a capital intensive undertaking - very deep pockets needed), these same institutions use quantitative analysts to program the bots, they can modify the algorithms to go up or down over specified time frames very rapidly, or at a slower rate, and much more. With regard to shorting, this of course plays a part in SP movement, but to short you need to buy options, options are sold in contracts you need to buy a minimum of a hundred or thousands of the underlying stock for 1 contract, depending on the value of the stock.

If you observe daily price movements, most action is initiated by bots utilizing small parcels; shorts (and longs - because they are trading the market too) follow SP action initiated by the bots (IMO). Bots don't just field buys or sells in minute quantities, I am quite suspicious of many orders that have a value of less than $1,000- depending on the stock.

So my thinking is that institutions who run their bots have traded BRN down to literal gutter prices, it's interesting that the 4C did not precipitate a drop the other day. In the meantime many Nasdaq small cap techs have been handed a severe beating this year it isn't just BRN.

I'll stop raving (however this has been a very brief overview on bots) and go back to the chart that I was speaking to above, as I was saying box F is now getting a bit long in the tooth, so I am expecting a break up or down over the next week or so if the timing I have set out follows what has been happening so far this year. I couldn't say which way it was going, but I do know which way I want it go.
Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 1.33.30 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon McHale ,

Totally agree machine algo trading completely running the price for a considerable time now.

Cheers for the breakdown above , Id be buying if I could but having topped up several small parcels on the way down I'm tapped out for now and trying to patiently wait.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

skutza

Regular
So, maybe someone can help me out on this one. I've been thinking about the Partnerships we have and then the licenses we have sold. Maybe I have it all wrong and just woke up to how it all works.

I was thinking only those with a license can use Brainchip in their products, so anyone wanting to implement would need to go via a 3rd party, like Mega Chips.

But is it actually the case the license is needed for Mega chips to sell as a 3rd party supplier, but Brainchip themselves can partner and let others use Akida?

So meaning that anyone that Brainchip partners with like TATA can actually use Akida and just pay Brianchip directly? ROFL I just said PAY BRAINCHIP!!!! (sorry I know it's not funny....too early?)

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hi Esqy, I'm a bit maybe maybe on the US spending, the Republicans have a very slender majority in Congress and many of them want Biden to tighten the spending reins, the US is on track for a $2trillion deficit already this year.

Biden has been spending money like a drunken sailor, and the Bond (Gov't debt) markets are still in dis-array, and the Central Banks have no ammo - the only thing they can do is raise rates to try and dampen inflation.

What most pundits don't get is the fact that it is all about fiscal policy, which is all about what our elected politicians spend, our politicians on all sides have been going deeper and deeper into debt for decades, with rising interest rates (this global inflation spiral - which we haven't seen the likes of since Paul Volcker moved rates way higher than where they are now) this debt pile which is denominated largely in US dollars, and being mostly long term Gov't Bonds, is getting more and more expensive to merely pay the interest on.

On BRN I have a chart for this year, on which I have drawn some boxes, said boxes encapsulate a series of trading ranges that have covered a big chunk of price action this year. If you look at the chart you can see that between each box there is usually a sharp drop in SP.

Further the boxes have a denoted duration of trading days, the current box is now 26 days old so it is getting quite mature, there is only 1 box which has had a longer life and that is box E @37 trading days. I have a view which is probably like most others here, and that is; that BRN is trading way, way below fair market value.

We know many tech stocks on the Nasdaq are valued on the progress they have made developing their tech and what potential that tech has to impact the market and then subsequent market penetration. I take a different view to a number of contributors here in that I believe most price movement on modern bourses is initiated by algorithmic trading bots, there are statistics which support my view.

Large institutions run the bots (this is a capital intensive undertaking - very deep pockets needed), these same institutions use quantitative analysts to program the bots, they can modify the algorithms to go up or down over specified time frames very rapidly, or at a slower rate, and much more. With regard to shorting, this of course plays a part in SP movement, but to short you need to buy options, options are sold in contracts you need to buy a minimum of a hundred or thousands of the underlying stock for 1 contract, depending on the value of the stock.

If you observe daily price movements, most action is initiated by bots utilizing small parcels; shorts (and longs - because they are trading the market too) follow SP action initiated by the bots (IMO). Bots don't just field buys or sells in minute quantities, I am quite suspicious of many orders that have a value of less than $1,000- depending on the stock.

So my thinking is that institutions who run their bots have traded BRN down to literal gutter prices, it's interesting that the 4C did not precipitate a drop the other day. In the meantime many Nasdaq small cap techs have been handed a severe beating this year it isn't just BRN.

I'll stop raving (however this has been a very brief overview on bots) and go back to the chart that I was speaking to above, as I was saying box F is now getting a bit long in the tooth, so I am expecting a break up or down over the next week or so if the timing I have set out follows what has been happening so far this year. I couldn't say which way it was going, but I do know which way I want it go. View attachment 48118
A very informative and interesting post ..Thanks @McHale

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20

I'll stop raving (however this has been a very brief overview on bots) and go back to the chart that I was speaking to above, as I was saying box F is now getting a bit long in the tooth, so I am expecting a break up or down over the next week or so if the timing I have set out follows what has been happening so far this year. I couldn't say which way it was going, but I do know which way I want it go. View attachment 48118
Hi McH,

I think an interesting inquiry would be into what precipitated the bits between the boxes.

In line with this, I would exclude the last 6 days from box C, and maybe squeeze a box in between E and F, and start box F 6 days later.

So I think that an examination of bot activity at the start of and during each down slope could be enlightening.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

GDJR69

Regular
So, maybe someone can help me out on this one. I've been thinking about the Partnerships we have and then the licenses we have sold. Maybe I have it all wrong and just woke up to how it all works.

I was thinking only those with a license can use Brainchip in their products, so anyone wanting to implement would need to go via a 3rd party, like Mega Chips.

But is it actually the case the license is needed for Mega chips to sell as a 3rd party supplier, but Brainchip themselves can partner and let others use Akida?

So meaning that anyone that Brainchip partners with like TATA can actually use Akida and just pay Brianchip directly? ROFL I just said PAY BRAINCHIP!!!! (sorry I know it's not funny....too early?)
Yes I suspect the partnerships might work something like that. I know that there are partnership agreements in place with these partners (Tony Dawe told me in direct response to an email I sent him). I would imagine that the partnership agreements contain some provisions about IP and future share of profits (would be odd if they didn't). I have often wondered why they would not be announced on the ASX as price sensitive but have assumed it is because of the time lag between signing the agreements and creating and selling the product. However, if this is correct, as time passes and products are created, with so many partnerships we may then see further announcements or just a flow of revenue from many sources. I feel this was a strategy to get people on board quickly who maybe didn't have a product without having to be put off by paying a lump sum license fee up front. IMO only . . . but if I am right in the long term the partnerships might be far more significant than many people on here might have thought.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

hotty4040

Regular
Slade, we are supposed to be watching the financials, but alas at this point in time , there's not a lot at the moment we can be exuberant about, excepting of course, that we have companies like Renesas and MegaChips that hopefully will deliver in the not tooo distant future. These aren't the only saviors for us currently though.

The 'INBOX' is "chocka block" from what I can understand.
The 'OUTBOX' is not so healthy, only dribbling, from time to time, which is disappointing.

I'm not a 'naysayer', never have been, BUT, I'd be happier in my life, if the BRN s/p was looking healthier.

The 'INBOX' is loaded up, IMHO, with some spectacular and promising contenders to smile about, for the future.
This keeps me reasonably contented, whilst waiting for the "EXUBERANCE" to build into some cataclysmic event that must surely be "JUST AROUND THE CORNER" but not yet visible.

Please, let it be so.

I can still manage a smile occasionally, even though the market generally doesn't warrant one, at this moment in time. I just want to grin a little more, and more often. I'm such a patient person I think, and things will change soon, for better or worse, but I'm more expectant for the better.

It's almost time to imbibe a little I reckon, it's that time of day. Now what'll I have ??

Akida Ballista anyone ?? YES PLEASE.......

N.B. >>>>> Patience is a virtue <<<<<

hotty...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

MDhere

Regular
Nice work Esqy... You have touched on many points that no doubt most of us here totally agree with mate.

Myself included have said many times... 'Patience is needed'... well it really is getting ridiculous now!!

"Disclosure on the ASX of partners & trade show appearances etc is a no brainer" (Esq)..... Absolutely agree.

I think another interview should be arranged ASAP with Sean and our mate The ASX investor (Noah) with many fresh questions on where we are headed/progress/Revenue etc etc etc ?? (5 months since the last one!) Or maybe a good old fashioned letter to shareholders!

Well I suppose all we can do is do what we have been doing for 'many' years .... Keep on riding the very lumpy turbulent BRN Roller coaster!

I personally am very much looking forward to the day we can all reflect on these 'Lumpy times' together... shaking of hands, pats on the backs and say....

$$$$$$...............IT WAS ALL WORTH THE WAIT!!!.............$$$$$$

.....Champagne on me 🍾🥂🥂🍾 (consumed at the 'milestone inaugural' BIG Perth party)..... :cool::love:

;)Chin up Chippers ;)
Champagne on you is noted in my diary 😀👍

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

McHale

Regular
Hi McH,

I think an interesting inquiry would be into what precipitated the bits between the boxes.

In line with this, I would exclude the last 6 days from box C, and maybe squeeze a box in between E and F, and start box F 6 days later.

So I think that an examination of bot activity at the start of and during each down slope could be enlightening.
Well Dio, after some consideration I think box C should have started 2 days earlier which would have given it a 20 day duration.

I did consider a box between E and F but it would have been a shorter duration box, and what I am saying with my post re the boxes is that they have been repeating throughout this year; and at the end of each box (which is really a trading range over a period of time ranging from 18, to 37 days in the case of the longer duration box E (the other boxes are all 18 to 26 days - which is where we are with box F at present).

So at the conclusion of each box BRN has suffered a rapid SP decline, and as I said box F is getting fairly mature, so what we would all like to see is a breakout to the upward instead of the rapid decline adding to the exhausting downtrend.

And yes an examination of bot activity would be enlightening, my money would probably be on conclusive, but I don't have access to that data. It is known that 70% of price movement on ASX is initiated by bots, back before the advent of bots it was large share parcels buy or sell which initiated the vast majority of price movement, but the chart tells us that the BRN SP has been attacked over short durations for pretty precipitous falls - after trading in a range for a period - as I have outlined.

I don't follow price action that closely now, but have done in the past, I have posted previously that it would be very interesting to see if a link could be drawn between bot activity (run by instos) which can be readily controlled by the quantitative analysts who program them, and shorting campaigns - I don't have any data on who is doing the short selling.

My thinking is while this would/should be illegal, there could be links, mind you there are multiple bots at the exchanges and multiple instos who make shares available to options traders (who trade up, down and sideways, as well as other more sophisticated options strategies). It's definitely a jungle out there.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Sosimple

Regular

I think the clarification you seek can be found in the CEO's address of the 24th of May 2022 annual general meeting, ASX announcement

Top Bottom