BRN Discussion Ongoing

Let’s be real, you are not that smart.
Take it out on all the ones who filled you with hope, or Brainchip.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Damo4

Regular
Throwing some rough figures out there, starting with current VVDN revenue estimates, even growing at a fast clip.

$80-100 million USD. EBITDA was up 63% or thereabouts for the year.

If they did say $150, 250, 300USD million in revenue next three years without knowing their forecasts, let's say Akida IP edge boxes turn out to be a big seller, and they reach 10% of VVDNs revenue or $ 30 million USD, BRN royalties would maybe be in the 2.5-5%.

That is roughly $750k-1.5millUSD in royalties for BRN.

Just saying on its own, it hardly seems like any significant revenue is coming for BRN from VVDN's EDGE BOX in the next few years.

It makes more sense if Akida can reach a saturation point as a component in Edge Boxes across the whole market as opposed to one partner here or there won't cut it for BRN.

Whether or not these IP deals are embryonic in producing a product on the market, it seems that it is essential that BRN gets big companies over the line, and that is what is concerning that they're not already officially licensed and many already have EDGE based products. I'm sadly convincing myself that BRNs time may not be until the next tech cycle boom commences in the early 2030s. In my view.. So how does it survive that long.

Definitely needs ARM to really give it a leg up soon to counter that. By the way is it any possibility that ARM licenses Akida? That would be the ticket.

Yeah we definitely need more licenses/partnerships to break even, let alone turn a profit.
Especially if we plan on continuing to develop well into 2030 for future iterations and applications.
I don't think any single license will rock the boat, but with the anticipated ubiquity, its a slow grind that I still think will pay off.

I've said it before but I would prefer to be early and poised to jump on the upcoming Ai revolution, than focus on something currently required and just fade out as we struggle to keep up.
I think most LTHs here really do believe BRN is early to the party and I struggle to see how Nvidia or IBM etc will be able to not only close the gap, but exceed BRN in this space specifically.

I feel for the people who lack patience, or believe they have been patient enough already, who are now stressing based on their paper losses, or erosion of gains.
There's a good reason people come on here and waste our time complaining about the company, instead of just selling.
They know deep down, that holding BRN is a good idea they just feel stupid for buying in hype and forum posts.
If the company and it's prospects sucked and had no hope they wouldn't be here.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Slade

Top 20
Take it out on all the ones who filled you with hope, or Brainchip.
No instead I will follow your guidance on projected revenue and Xrays deep knowledge of marketing. 😆 Did you guys get together this morning and decide who was going to push the Chris Stevens narrative and who was going to focus on the black box. It is painfully obvious. 😆

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20231025_125129_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Apologies in advance, particularly to dear Dodgy-Knees, whom I know loves it 🤭whenever I attempt to link BrainChip with Qualcomm. 😝And, yes, I realise I'm probably going to have to go straight back to the naughty corner for asking this but is there any way we could be in the Snapdragon Elite X?

Look, I have been serously debating with myself this morning the significance of Shayamal Anadkat's (Applied AI @ OpenAI) blog in June 2023. In it he states "Earlier this year, Qualcomm AI Research successfully deployed a popular 1B+ parameter foundation model (stable diffusion) on an edge device through full-stack AI optimization."

He then goes straight on to talk about the the complexity and resource demands that foundational models pose deployment challenges on edge devices. and he says "To counter this, the focus will shift toward specialized hardware, optimization techniques, and neural processor architectures. Being able to run optimized versions of foundational models at the edge/on-device will open up endless possibilities. Recognizing these emerging requirements, BrainChip has stepped forward with innovative solutions like the Akida processor, an advanced neural processing system for edge AI. It’s important to understand and assess edge AI technology to overcome deployment challenges and explore new potentials."

So, to me it sounded like Shayamal was suggesting that if Qualcomm were going to deploy larger foundational models (larger than 1 billion parameters for example) , they would need more sophisticated technology, like BrainChip's Akida processor.

Then this morning we find out that the NPU in Qualcomms Snapdragon Elite X is capable of handling large language models (LLMs) up to 13 billion parameters without processing in the cloud. I know it says that Snapdragon Elite X has sprung out of Qualcomm's Nuvia acquisition, but...is it completely outrageous to think we may be involved in some way?

Remember when Nandan liked Qualcomm's Stable Diffusion announcement in February 2023? Surely he wouldn't have "liked" it because of the fluffy cat. I mean that's definitely something I would do, but I don't even think Nandan is a cat person!

1678508067444.jpeg

Nuvia pm.png

Extract from Shayamal Anadkat's blog.

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 11.22.00 am.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 69 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
View attachment 48006
The Snapdragon X Elite platform is equipped with the custom integrated Qualcomm Oryon CPU, which delivers up to twice the CPU performance compared to the competition, while consuming only one-third of the power, Qualcomm said. This remarkable CPU performance enables seamless multitasking and empowers users to accomplish more efficiently, the company said.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Apologies in advance, particularly to dear Dodgy-Knees, whom I know loves it 🤭whenever I attempt to link BrainChip with Qualcomm. 😝And, yes, I realise I'm probably going to have to go straight back to the naughty corner for asking this but is there any way we could be in the Snapdragon Elite X?

Look, I have been serously debating with myself this morning the significance of Shayamal Anadkat's (Applied AI @ OpenAI) blog in June 2023. In it he states "Earlier this year, Qualcomm AI Research successfully deployed a popular 1B+ parameter foundation model (stable diffusion) on an edge device through full-stack AI optimization."

He then goes straight on to talk about the the complexity and resource demands that foundational models pose deployment challenges on edge devices. and he says "To counter this, the focus will shift toward specialized hardware, optimization techniques, and neural processor architectures. Being able to run optimized versions of foundational models at the edge/on-device will open up endless possibilities. Recognizing these emerging requirements, BrainChip has stepped forward with innovative solutions like the Akida processor, an advanced neural processing system for edge AI. It’s important to understand and assess edge AI technology to overcome deployment challenges and explore new potentials."

So, to me it sounded like Shayamal was suggesting that if Qualcomm were going to deploy larger foundational models (larger than 1 billion parameters for example) , they would need more sophisticated technology, like BrainChip's Akida processor.

Then this morning we find out that the NPU in Qualcomms Snapdragon Elite X is capable of handling large language models (LLMs) up to 13 billion parameters. I know it says that Snapdragon Elite X has sprung out of Qualcomm's Nuvia acquisition, but...is it completely outrageous to think we may be involved in some way?

Remember when Nandan liked Qualcomm's Stable Diffusion announcement in February 2023? Surely he wouldn't have "liked" it because of the fluffy cat. I mean that's definitely something I would do, but I don't even think Nandan is a cat person!

View attachment 48029

View attachment 48028

View attachment 48030
That is the key question for the next AGM about the riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enema - is Nandan a cat person?

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha

Bravo

That is the key question for the next AGM about the riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enema - is Nandan a cat person?

dsppntmnt.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
No instead I will follow your guidance on projected revenue and Xrays deep knowledge of marketing. 😆 Did you guys get together this morning and decide who was going to push the Chris Stevens narrative and who was going to focus on the black box. It is painfully obvious. 😆
I'm sorry to hear you're in pain. BTW it's not a narrative on Chris Stevens, it's a Fact! And it ties in very well with the other fact, that is very low sales. Where's the engineering support fees? Or are these EAPs just freeloading of their original 50k investment for access to testing and support? Are the expanding ecosystem partners integrating Akida into products for free?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Then this morning we find out that the NPU in Qualcomms Snapdragon Elite X is capable of handling large language models (LLMs) up to 13 billion parameters without processing in the cloud. I know it says that Snapdragon Elite X has sprung out of Qualcomm's Nuvia acquisition, but...is it completely outrageous to think we may be involved in some way?

View attachment 48029

View attachment 48028

View attachment 48030
Don't apologize Bravo. We love your work.. Glass half full opinion. Always ❤️

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Apologies if posted already

nandan.PNG

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Bravo

Don't apologize Bravo. We love your work.. Glass half full opinion. Always ❤️

Thanks Schnitzy, I always try to keep my glass half full...of wine.❤️

wine-fill.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Ouch!

The perils of hi-tech start-ups.

On the plus side, when SiFive has finished "right-sizing", the offcuts should not have too much trouble finding RISC-V employment elsewhere.

Remember, BRN went through a similar, if smaller scale, trauma a few years ago.

Also on the plus side is their focus on AI, automotive and performance processors, which dovetails with our partnership.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Xray1

Regular
@Xray1 you are on fire today. So cool man. Keep up the good work.

Brainchip Holdings Ltd (BRN) floated on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) on Wednesday, 9 November 2011.
BRN's current share price of $0.18 is a -$0.08 or 30% discount to its original offer price of $0.25.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Xray1

Regular
Mine's the bottom half.
Diogenese and Bravo to solve the issue ....... Just drink straight from the wine bottle, that way there is no issue as to whether the glass is half full or not .... :) :)

• Haha
The Japan Mobility Show is about to kick off, so definitely plenty to look out for here.

Lexus have just unveiled their latest concept car:

"The car is literally a moving sensor that can see, touch, hear and even smell."

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom