BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
I'm struggling to comprehend the 37k revenue.
If your looking at $50 an hour for engineering fees (although I think $100 would be closer to the rate) it's 740 charged hours.
One employee working 37.5 hours a week means they work about 450 hours in 3 months. I see it as either there is a lot of free / good will work being done through the partnerships with big rewards to be paid with product release or we are seriously overstuffed.

Correction : Receipts from customers was only $27K and not $37K as you have stated.

As regards to the other part of your post: IMO, I also like you think / beleive that we are doing a lot of free / goodwill work for our eco-system participants, as I think that we need to show these so called eco-system paticipants of what Akida is actually capable of doing better than what there is currently already available out there commercially and in essence doing the same type of work / functioning.

Reactions: 4 users

Xray1

Regular
If you have a good team you don’t need necessarily a head of sales for a short period. Do you think the sales staff are all siting with doughnuts and coffee or hot chocolate in the office waiting for a new manager? 😅
They probaby are ... especially given the fact that Receipts from Customers in this current 4C was only a mere $27K. :) :)

Reactions: 2 users

jtardif999

Regular
That 1,254,054 sell is being used to contain the share price… grrr 😡 so frustrating, the buy side is swollen like things are going to move and every time it looks like moving along comes that sell - wherever they want to call a halt to proceedings 🫤

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

charles2

Regular
That 1,254,054 sell is being used to contain the share price… grrr 😡 so frustrating, the buy side is swollen like things are going to move and every time it looks like moving along comes that sell - wherever they want to call a halt to proceedings 🫤
A serious buyer needs to step up and take down the entire ask.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

7für7

Regular
They probaby are ... especially given the fact that Receipts from Customers in this current 4C was only a mere $27K. :) :)
I guess this is why he had to leave them right? Maybe he was baking the doughnuts instead of leading the team. 🙋🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Damo4

Regular
A serious buyer needs to step up and take down the entire ask.

I can buy a few more, but I certainly don't have enough move the line.

Reno911battering Ram GIF - Reno911Battering Ram - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
If you have a good team you don’t need necessarily a head of sales for a short period. Do you think the sales staff are all siting with doughnuts and coffee or hot chocolate in the office waiting for a new manager? 😅

BRN HQ.png

We is testing the new neuromorphic switch controllers....errr....well :LOL:

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29 users
Gidday FMF,

"This type of computing could be used to improve the performance of AI and machine learning applications"

The above comment is typical or common with an emphasis on "could be".

We already know that Peters genius architecture "ALREADY DOES IMPROVE" the performance of AI and machine learning applications
by orders of magnitude and this just amplifies the problem (headwind) that our company have been battling ever since I first come on
board as a shareholder, meaning, having the gap between us and the mob does have it's advantages but also it's been a bit of a ball and
chain for us to bare out front, BUT the weight around our legs has definitely been lifted somewhat in the last 24 months in my opinion.

Thanks for all your great posts and contributions to our forum over the last year or so.

Best regards....Tech
🤓
Do agree re the "could" phrase as used often however, one underlying thread I see is the lack of a industry standard benchmarking.

I know there's quarters out there working on it like neurobench etc but I guess for a lot outside the inner testing by prospective clients or others working in the neuromorphic space they don't really have a relevant point to work from or compare to so go to the catch all "could".

Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Tony Coles

Regular
🤔

The more clients use ARM, the better chance we have a flow of revenue i say, the more the merrier!

Reactions: 20 users

Xray1

Regular
I hope that Rob Telson is now leading the sales team for now while the Co is most likely looking for a new VP of Sales replacement.

I hope that Rob T can get a few IP agreement put together before Xmas (this year) to show us all that he still has the sales know how from his past extensive sales history with other big Co's such as ARM for instance.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Just an article / blog from a Google on Jensen and maybe I've missed it, but I personally hadn't noticed previous info on their heavy investment to develop neuromorphic :unsure:

Maybe I haven't looked into them enough.

Huang's vision for the future of AI and NVIDIA's role in it

Huang believes that AI is the next generation of computing, and he is committed to making NVIDIA the leader in AI. He has a bold vision for the future of AI, in which AI will be used to solve some of the world's biggest challenges, such as climate change and disease.

NVIDIA is investing heavily in developing new AI technologies, such as quantum computing and neuromorphic computing. The company is also working to make AI more accessible and affordable for everyone.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

JB49

Regular
I noticed the following in the 4c "These achievements coupled with the traction we’re seeing with IP licensing prospects, gives me confidence in our strategy and that over time our technology will proliferate across a wide range of industry applications and platforms".

I dont think they've used that comment before. Hopefully this indicates they are nearing a new IP license.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 34 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Oh God! Please don't let it be Akida - @Bravo will start dancing again!

Don't worry Dodgy-knees, I'm still here waiting in the wings, ready and willing to dance up a storm whereupon my thongs, champers and any remaining inhibitions I still possess will literally fly up into the air, when the time is right!

6ca4e5fa31283cb882a9d243016b051b_w200.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Slade

Top 20
@Xray1 you are on fire today. So cool man. Keep up the good work.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hey Schnitzel, I think we might be jumping the gun a little as far as marketing.
The box is not yet available, but if you look at other offerings (including the Nvidia integrated box) there's a lot more information on the website.

I assume it will come out in time (towards the end of this year I think they said?) and then we'll be able to decide how well it's being marketed.
For all we know they may run a side by side comparison with other boxes on offer!
I know marketing starts well before the release, but I think it might still be a little early.

Throwing some rough figures out there, starting with current VVDN revenue estimates, even growing at a fast clip.

$80-100 million USD. EBITDA was up 63% or thereabouts for the year.

If they did say $150, 250, 300USD million in revenue next three years without knowing their forecasts, let's say Akida IP edge boxes turn out to be a big seller, and they reach 10% of VVDNs revenue or $ 30 million USD, BRN royalties would maybe be in the 2.5-5%.

That is roughly $750k-1.5millUSD in royalties for BRN.

Just saying on its own, it hardly seems like any significant revenue is coming for BRN from VVDN's EDGE BOX in the next few years.

It makes more sense if Akida can reach a saturation point as a component in Edge Boxes across the whole market as opposed to one partner here or there won't cut it for BRN.

Whether or not these IP deals are embryonic in producing a product on the market, it seems that it is essential that BRN gets big companies over the line, and that is what is concerning that they're not already officially licensed and many already have EDGE based products. I'm sadly convincing myself that BRNs time may not be until the next tech cycle boom commences in the early 2030s. In my view.. So how does it survive that long.

Definitely needs ARM to really give it a leg up soon to counter that. By the way is it any possibility that ARM licenses Akida? That would be the ticket.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Slade

Top 20
Throwing some rough figures out there, starting with current VVDN revenue estimates, even growing at a fast clip.

$80-100 million USD. EBITDA was up 63% or thereabouts for the year.

If they did say $150, 250, 300USD million in revenue next three years without knowing their forecasts, let's say Akida IP edge boxes turn out to be a big seller, and they reach 10% of VVDNs revenue or $ 30 million USD, BRN royalties would maybe be in the 2.5-5%.

That is roughly $750k-1.5millUSD in royalties for BRN.

Just saying on its own, it hardly seems like any significant revenue is coming for BRN from VVDN's EDGE BOX in the next few years.

It makes more sense if Akida can reach a saturation point as a component in Edge Boxes across the whole market as opposed to one partner here or there won't cut it for BRN.

Whether or not these IP deals are embryonic in producing a product on the market, it seems that it is essential that BRN gets big companies over the line, and that is what is concerning that they're not already officially licensed and many already have EDGE based products. I'm sadly convincing myself that BRNs time may not be until the next tech cycle boom commences in the early 2030s. In my view.. So how does it survive that long.

Definitely needs ARM to really give it a leg up soon to counter that. By the way is it any possibility that ARM licenses Akida? That would be the ticket.
Let’s be real, you are not that smart.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Medina

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom