BRN Discussion Ongoing

toasty

Regular
Many moons ago I wrote a post about my experience with BRN management and their lack of interest in a commercial application I had uncovered some 4 years ago. I wonder how many others have had a similar experience? Having all these high flyers on the board and in management is great for everyone's ego but I am at a complete loss to understand why there has not been some grass roots product bought to market already. For goodness sake if I could identify a market opportunity years ago, and have a customer waiting, surely at least one of our management team can bag a similar prospect, if only to show the world there is a commercial need out there.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

7für7

Regular
I've written about this in the past. it's not a product like a phone, car, or a new laptop that you introduce, toss onto the market, and then see the numbers next quarter to determine if it's successful or not. These are entirely different, complex processes. Akida isn't just a chip you install in a laptop that suddenly boosts performance and starts having conversations with you or building a time machine. It involves a lot of work to figure out what kind of performance you can get from Akida for your future product and how to use it to the fullest. There's a lot of programming and development work involved. Just my opinion!

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

GDJR69

Regular
How come the price is holding?
I think the price is holding because the market wasn't expecting any revenue in this 4C. I certainly wasn't. Buy to sell ratio still good. There are obviously other people in the market that can see the potential the product has over the next few years. Let's remember, this is a nascent market and yes it has been slower than anyone predicted but that is not the last word on this market or Akida.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Damo4

Regular
How come the price is holding?

Don't let reality get in the way of our quarterly bed-wetting event!

83l6be.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Reactions: 1 users
Didn’t Sean say lumpy revenue? Not consistently crap, hope things truly improve regarding revenue as it’s not long now to the next agm, as it would be a real shame to see some of the staff lose there jobs.

1698103094601.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

perceptron

Regular
The CEO statement is encouraging. Further, the pre sales of the edge box later this year, I am hoping, will be available at an affordable price. Looking forward to the future.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

charles2

Regular
Consider all the early biotech companies that go quarter after quarter with NO revenue not even knowing if their product will work or even if it does, be approved. Or be made irrelevant by the competition.

Akida works, is relevant and is far ahead of any competition.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

toasty

Regular
I've written about this in the past. it's not a product like a phone, car, or a new laptop that you introduce, toss onto the market, and then see the numbers next quarter to determine if it's successful or not. These are entirely different, complex processes. Akida isn't just a chip you install in a laptop that suddenly boosts performance and starts having conversations with you or building a time machine. It involves a lot of work to figure out what kind of performance you can get from Akida for your future product and how to use it to the fullest. There's a lot of programming and development work involved. Just my opinion!
Glad its just your opinion because its not entirely factual. Or rather, it wasn't. When we had a physical product, like the FPGA board, it could in fact be relatively easily incorporated into an existing system. Yes it involved some programming and interfacing but it was far from insurmountable. This was the kind of prospect I presented to management in 2019 but received a very lukewarm response. They preferred to go elephant hunting and came up empty....as often happens when you ignore grass roots opportunities.

When we changed to being IP only provider, my potential customer lost interest due to the cost and time involved in creating a custom chip to suit the application. This was such a shame because the sales model proposed was to charge the end user an ongoing fee which would have been an early start to a recurring revenue stream for BRN. Isn't this exactly the type of sales model now being introduced by BMW, Mercedes et al to allow customers to access some features in the cars????

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

DK6161

Regular
The CEO statement is encouraging. Further, the pre sales of the edge box later this year, I am hoping, will be available at an affordable price. Looking forward to the future.
Look at what happened the last time we were selling boxes.....
Let's hope it still comes with a free shirt

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Slade

Top 20
The usual suspects all having a cry today. While those that know chuckle quietly in the background.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

DK6161

Regular
The usual suspects all having a cry today. While those that know chuckle quietly in the background.
You mean quitely crying in the background?
I seriously doubt people are chuckling when they are 70% in the RED on paper, but hey if you find that funny then, chuckle away my friend.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
In essence, this shouldn't come as a surprise to most here. The focus is still on 2024/25. So, there's no need to feign artificial outrage to drum up sentiment. That displays a lack of understanding of what the CEOs have conveyed between the lines in their meetings! Just my opinion!
Well Said. For me the interesting quarterlies that I am looking to will be Q1 2024 onwards. The price action so far today seems to indicate that the market had anticipated this type of result for this report and had already priced it into the SP.

We are hunting the big fish and for this it takes time. If anyone is feeling let down off the back of todays numbers I encourage you to read over our news flow for the last 12 months, research who we are partnering with and each of these companies own reach into their markets. I am satisfied that the team is working hard, and our direction and strategy is focused. While I would always like to see revenue earlier than anticipated, I never expect it. I am confident that we are on our way and that the numbers will come. All IMO of course.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Please stop... apart from some mentions there is no progress. We just go backwards each quarter.

I, and many here, have been patient and supportive and understanding. But nothing is changing. Other that a few "oh this would be great if we were in this or that or here or there...." Then we watch the financials as our missing in action CEO has said... and boom. I make more than that in 3 months. Hell my bonus was bigger than that.
Our partners haven't launched anything commercially yet, and we know No new IP signed yet,
BUT we know our partners are getting there.

Without our partners success, no revenue for us.
What makes you think we are going backwards each quarter?

How much do you know about internal progress?

You said you have done your own research.

"Just no surprise yet"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

skutza

Regular
What I do find funny in all this is BRN can't release PS ann with all the "Partnerships" but IMU just released a PS ann because they are going to have a few posters at a scientific fair!

Yes that is really going to shoot the SP up rapidly due to the high number of contracts being signed!!! Stuff the ASX really.

Reactions: 2 users

7für7

Regular
Glad its just your opinion because its not entirely factual. Or rather, it wasn't. When we had a physical product, like the FPGA board, it could in fact be relatively easily incorporated into an existing system. Yes it involved some programming and interfacing but it was far from insurmountable. This was the kind of prospect I presented to management in 2019 but received a very lukewarm response. They preferred to go elephant hunting and came up empty....as often happens when you ignore grass roots opportunities.

When we changed to being IP only provider, my potential customer lost interest due to the cost and time involved in creating a custom chip to suit the application. This was such a shame because the sales model proposed was to charge the end user an ongoing fee which would have been an early start to a recurring revenue stream for BRN. Isn't this exactly the type of sales model now being introduced by BMW, Mercedes et al to allow customers to access some features in the cars????
I don’t agree.

This product was always intended for programmers to get a sense of the technology, and it's not mass-produced. Additionally, it does require a certain level of programming knowledge to make use of it. You can't just plug it in and get started, which already limits its mass appeal. What Mercedes, BMW, etc., are doing is beyond Brainchip's control. There are other areas where Akida can be applied, and this will become apparent in the next 1-2 years. If someone has no interest in continuing to invest, they can sell. If they believe there's no future here, they might as well cut their losses. That's why I don't understand why some forum members attack others as if they can change the situation. There are people who believe in a future with Brainchip and, as a result, see the positive side of these numbers. This perspective should be acknowledged, and there's no need to constantly attack, insult, or blame those individuals for the situation.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Our partners haven't launched anything commercially yet, and we know No new IP signed yet,
BUT we know our partners are getting there.

Without our partners success, no revenue for us.
What makes you think we are going backwards each quarter?

How much do you know about internal progress?

You said you have done your own research.

"Just no surprise yet"
As a project and product manager as as well as a technical accounts manager in a leading digital company, a lot... but thanks.

This place is becoming a cult. I won't sell, but I also won't be visiting here anymore. As anyone with some concerns get shots down for not understanding this and that. And on the other hand there have been some outrageous claims that we will be this and that, with zero proof and its applauded and everyone is close to ecstasy...

Anyways... we wait.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

Timing is a funny thing. None of us, either as individuals or corporations can be all things to all people at all times.
That's just how it gets portrayed in movies where we watch representations of edited lives enacted over 90-120 minutes.

This extra time its taking for the share price to be at the levels I want or expect it to be is bloody inconvenient for me and my plans. 🤣
And some of my other investments are not acting as I wished either. 🤣

Damn, but it'd be nice if reality conformed to my expectations and demands! 🤣

But life runs its own race and our illusions of control sometimes need must be tailored to suit the cut of our cloth.

I'm glad they elected to pull the 4C bandaid off early and just move on.
Nothing terribly surprising, but we'd be surprised if there was. 🤣

It's all continuing and happening just as fast as they can engineer it, but, at this point in our evolution much is outside of their direct control.
All they can realistically do is continue forging ahead building relevant relationships and embedding themselves within the growing but as yet still nascent ecosystem. The world will eventually catch up with what we have on offer.
Until then, we persist and endure.
GLTAH

• Love
Reactions: 30 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
As a project and product manager as as well as a technical accounts manager in a leading digital company, a lot... but thanks.

This place is becoming a cult. I won't sell, but I also won't be visiting here anymore. As anyone with some concerns get shots down for not understanding this and that. And on the other hand there have been some outrageous claims that we will be this and that, with zero proof and its applauded and everyone is close to ecstasy...

Anyways... we wait.
Ok. Good luck with your investment 👍

Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom