BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
An interesting development as U.S. lawmakers are pushing to limit American corporate engagement with open-source chip technology RISC-V, alleging that it aids Beijing’s semiconductor goals and could potentially compromise US national security.

Good news for Arm 💪 but bad news for Qualcomm I guess, considering they're working heavily with RISC-V chips.

But ... but ... but, ARM ha(s/d) a major presence in China ... !!!???

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
But ... but ... but, ARM ha(s/d) a major presence in China ... !!!???
I suppose that's why they beefed up the IPO filing’s 330-page prospectus. Chinese market accounts for about a quarter of Arm's revenue.

Screen Shot 2023-10-08 at 12.23.33 pm.png

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
And can be bad news for us as well. As we work closely with Sifive.
Would need to check but I'm not sure SiFive architecture etc is open source.

Some of their software, tools, specs etc might be.

So, could be ok for them and us if they tied into the US and allies plus have the difference of being more secure in some aspects?

Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

A day later, there was another signal that Big Tech is ready to build devices around generative AI. Several publications reported that OpenAI, the company behind ChatGPT, is engaged in talks with LoveFrom, the industrial design firm founded by former Apple Inc. hardware wizard Jony Ive, about creating a venture to build “the iPhone of artificial intelligence.” There were few details, other than that Masayoshi Son, the chairman and chief executive officer of SoftBank Group Corp., is ready to invest $1 billion into the venture and that Ive is demoralized by the addictive elements of smartphones and wants to use AI to find an alternative.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Rise of Edge AI: The Future of Real-Time AI Solutions at the Source

1696738612504.png

1696738714297.png

1696739422524.png

1696740122624.png

1696740333879.png

1696740480766.png

Interesting this last slide notes that partnerships remain key due to rising complexity.

Attachments

• 1696738194988.png
    1696738194988.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 1696739723823.png
    1696739723823.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 46 users

Dhm

Regular
Yes, Some customers reviewing Akida 1 did put their research on hold to wait for Akida 2. I imagine they would have been pretty unhappy if they found out about Akida 2 shortly after they started making Akida 1.

However, there will probably be a number of customers for whom Akida 1 is more than adequate. There will be a pricing differential for the added functionality of Akida 2.

We know Renesas taped out several months ago, and we know that MegaChips was involved in the "back end" design of Akida 1500. The rest is silence.
I would imagine there are many companies who's products only need Akida 1. Like Fridge companies using the olfactory sensors (the meat/milk/last weeks dinner is off) and doorbell companies, non high tech drones, facial recognition, fatigue recognition, less sophisticated robotic situations, cost and wattage effective CCTV, smoke alarms and hundreds of similar functions that are in need of vast improvement compared to current standards.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Mws

Regular
No worries Papa. Hope Mama is doing well. 🤣
I take your point, which is why I included that rousing clip which puts a lump in my throat and brings a tear to my eye still, after all these many years and even though I know its from a movie and is engineered to manipulate my emotions...............🤣
We are merely human and have buttons that can be pushed.
I get that.
I just think that even if Sean or Antonio or even PVDM got on the horn and delivered as effective a speech as that, without any credible corroborating news of substance to back it up, then, the next day or the next week when the share price slips another couple of cents we are in an even worse position because managements authority will have been further eroded.

If they had anything of substance beyond what has already been released, they would have done so already.

The situation has not actually fundamentally changed.
It still looks promising from their end.
More and more potential customers are evaluating our offering.
More and more partners, associates and colleagues are joining our, or inviting us to join their, eco-systems.
Stuff is happening.
It's just taking longer than any of us, including our board and management, would like, to tick over that point where it becomes visible to those outside the deal room.

We here are luckier than most in that we get to see hints of just what may be around the corner and have the support of other like minded BRNiacs.

But we certainly are being tested and it is not surprising that some are reaching their limit.

I don't picture Sean or any of the crew cowering in any ivory tower.
Having met some of them, my impression is of driven professionals executing a plan, writ with the benefit of previous successful experience, guiding our company in uncertain and definitely choppy waters.
But, like any of us, subject to the whims of others and operating in a competitive environment where not everything is within their ultimate control.
And also like us, without the benefit of hindsight, beforehand. 🤣

It just takes as long as it takes.
And we just have to suck it up.
Like people have had to, all throughout history. 🤣

Heat post

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 2 users

Ian

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Heat post
Wrap in tinfoil and bake on the centre shelf at 180 degrees for 35 minutes, turning once mid way through.
Remove from oven.
Pierce tinfoil and flesh with a three pronged fork and if the liquid runoff is clear your meal is ready to eat.
If still some red colouration evident return to oven for another five minutes.
Caution.....filling will be hot.
Top with fava beans, cognac braised carrots and serve with a fine chianti.
Enjoy.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I have a buy order for tomorrow @.15c. My super (Aussie) won't allow me to buy if BRN was to drop out of the ASX300 so I may as well get em while I can.
I never thought I would own as many as I do. Happy days.
GLTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Was just doing a random word search & noticed this result pop up.

Wasn't sure what this is but looked like some sort of word listing or frequencies of words.

Saw in the "about this result" web link it appears related to course materials of a N C Rowe at the NPS.

Quick search reveals he is a Prof there in computer science.

Apols for more weird dots :LOL:

1696763656802.png

1696763812316.png

1696764072332.png

1696764406538.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Sounds like they're all about to give NVIDIA a run for their money.......Interesting timing wouldn't you say?

SOMEONE'S IP IS LEVELLING THE PLAYING FIELD. I BELIEVE IT'S OURS.

If not ours then who's? No one else has the capacity to be that disruptive.

And let's not forget the fact the BRN have had a KNOWN RELATIONSHIP with XILNIX the company AMD bought out and claimed they were developing their new chips based on.....

THIS is why our share price is being fkd with so much

THIS is why I keep telling myself if i hold long enough, it will all be worth it.

Opinion only. Dyor.
-------------------------------------------------------
“I think this is an opportunity for us to write the next chapter of the AMD growth story,” Su told Fortune in a mid-September interview. “There are so few companies in the world that have access to the [intellectual property] that we have

**(3rd party IP!! 😃😃😃)**

and the customer set that we have, and the opportunity frankly to really shape how AI is adopted across the world. I feel like we have that opportunity.”

The forthcoming MI300-series data center chip combines a CPU with a GPU. “We actually think we will be the industry leader for inference solutions, because of some of the choices that we’ve made in our architecture,” says Su.

Morningstar’s Colello agrees that the market is evolving—and isn’t counting out AMD nemesis Intel’s own efforts to challenge Nvidia with its new AI processors, Gaudi2 (for training) and Greco (for inference). “There’s naturally plenty of incentive for all of these companies to not be beholden to Nvidia, and to want more competition, and to write the software and transfer the models and take all the steps necessary to ensure a healthy ecosystem that includes Nvidia plus AMD plus perhaps Intel and also their own internal chips that they’re all developing,” he said.

View attachment 46500
So nice of Emily Hagen (Artificial Intelligence Engineer) of IBM to post about us 😁

Screenshot_20231008_215554_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20231008_215625_LinkedIn.jpg

And the founder of Skywise ai says in the comments............

Screenshot_20231008_215724_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20231008_215720_LinkedIn.jpg

Still concerned about your investment?

200w (3).gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 98 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
So nice of Emily Hagen (Artificial Intelligence Engineer) of IBM to post about us 😁

View attachment 46597 View attachment 46598

And the founder of Skywise ai says in the comments............

View attachment 46599 View attachment 46600

Still concerned about your investment?

View attachment 46602
Wow, what a way to end the weekend. Nice one @IloveLamp

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Wondering how close we are with Accenture as well.

Paper came up as Sept 23 on Google but the copyright is 2021.

What I found interesting was this little bit...wonder who the auto client was and whose neuromorphic they were playing with...Intel, us?

IMG_20231008_201913.jpg

Timeline may have fit with EQXX...maybe?

Paper:

HERE

Then we had the podcast with Accenture earlier this year and our recent Gen 2 Ann has quotes as below from who...same guy now at Verax.

“Generative AI and LLMs at the Edge are key to intelligent situational awareness in verticals from manufacturing to healthcare to defense,” said Jean-Luc Chatelain, MD of Verax Capital Advisors and former MD and Global CTO at Accenture Applied Intelligence. “Disruptive innovation like BrainChip TENNs support Vision Transformers built on the foundation of neuromorphic principles, can deliver compelling solutions in ultra-low power, small form factor devices at the Edge, without compromising accuracy.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

DK6161

Regular
Aren't we active in Israel? With what's happening right now, it would be interesting to see if Akida can help with preventing this in the future. Sorry, not wanting to bring politic into this.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Wondering how close we are with Accenture as well.

Paper came up as Sept 23 on Google but the copyright is 2021.

What I found interesting was this little bit...wonder who the auto client was and whose neuromorphic they were playing with...Intel, us?

View attachment 46603

Timeline may have fit with EQXX...maybe?

Paper:

HERE

Then we had the podcast with Accenture earlier this year and our recent Gen 2 Ann has quotes as below from who...same guy now at Verax.

“Generative AI and LLMs at the Edge are key to intelligent situational awareness in verticals from manufacturing to healthcare to defense,” said Jean-Luc Chatelain, MD of Verax Capital Advisors and former MD and Global CTO at Accenture Applied Intelligence. “Disruptive innovation like BrainChip TENNs support Vision Transformers built on the foundation of neuromorphic principles, can deliver compelling solutions in ultra-low power, small form factor devices at the Edge, without compromising accuracy.”
Just a bit of speculation -

While mobile Generative AI will probably be limited to specific model libraries, the VVDN Akida Edge Box will have the capacity for more powerful model libraries.

This may be a way to provide enterprise generative AI.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
Worth a watch if have the time imo.

From about 3 days ago.

Not discussing neuromorphic or us but listening to the insights of another startup, a BRN ecosystem partner, and their path, how they interacted with clients, changes to business model, open source vs their IP and how it interacts in the part of the tech world we play in is quite informative.

The speaker actually worked for NVIDIA and on the Nintendo Switch project with NVIDIA hardware.

He does touch on AI / ML in the last couple of mins, including the impact of transformers and how if you built a year or so ago for neural nets, probs will have some issues if wanting to run transformers so will need something else.

They also have a current automotive sector focus. Video gets cut at the end though.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Was just doing a random word search & noticed this result pop up.

Wasn't sure what this is but looked like some sort of word listing or frequencies of words.

Saw in the "about this result" web link it appears related to course materials of a N C Rowe at the NPS.

Quick search reveals he is a Prof there in computer science.

Apols for more weird dots :LOL:

View attachment 46588

View attachment 46590

View attachment 46592

View attachment 46593
Yep, Navy on it like the AFRL.

Navy: The Future of AI is 'Brain-Like' Computing​

Neuromorphic processing power will unlock new capabilities in pattern recognition and autonomous tasking.
Anastasia Obis
Fri, 09/15/2023 - 14:47
Navy: The Future of AI is Neuromorphic Computing

Photo credit: metamorworks / Shutterstock
ShareFacebookTwitterLinkedIn
Satellite operators are looking at new brain-like processing power that promises to deliver greater intelligence capabilities and significantly reduce energy consumption, according to a leader at the U.S. Navy Research Laboratory's Naval Center for Space Technology.
The center is tasked with improving the Navy's autonomous systems in space and is investigating applications in this technology — what's called neuromorphic processors. The technology would offer major opportunities for AI and allow the Defense Department to advance pattern recognition, autonomous tasking, and reduction in energy and latency, all of which are critical for robotic applications where there is a need for a robot to immediately respond to constant, real-world change.
"We [the satellite community] are interested in using AI to control robots and other autonomous systems," Steven Meier, the center's director, told GovCIO Media and Research on GovCast. "This is a challenge, though, because AI and [machine learning] types of systems tend to be very brittle. They break, often catastrophically, when encountering situations it wasn't designed for."
Meier explained the necessity to introduce more modernization to these technologies as they become more widely used.
"As AI and ML is used today, we have to download all the data, analyze it on the ground using substantial computing resources. And it isn't really feasible to fly computers that big on most spacecraft. AI/ML systems take up too much space, require too much power, and generate far too much heat. So someday soon, we hope to fly computers and AI/ML algorithms that can recognize objects or phenomena of interest on board and just download the pertinent data directly to scientists and warfighters," Meier added.
The lab has been leading an effort to develop neuromorphic hardware elements based on a new building element for electrical circuits called "memristors," also known as memory resistors. If successful, memristors would revolutionize electronics and end the era of transistors made of silicon.
"In terms of what we're pushing forward at the state of the art at NCST to help facilitate this for satellite systems, or others, are some developing novel types of computers that … work more like a brain than a regular computer, like your laptop," Meier said. "We have ... several of these processors that are very unique, and they, we feel like, are the future of AI/ML type systems."
The Air Force Research Laboratory is also working on Neuromorphic Intelligent Computing Systems, a development program using neuromorphic technologies to advance capabilities like artificial intelligence and machine learning for edge computing.
While significant strides have been made around neuromorphic computing in the past several decades, there are a number of challenges that the satellite community would need to overcome before adopting and mass-producing the technology, including the general availability of neuromorphic hardware and developing algorithms that are capable of mimicking the human brain.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

db1969oz

Regular
I have a buy order for tomorrow @.15c. My super (Aussie) won't allow me to buy if BRN was to drop out of the ASX300 so I may as well get em while I can.
I never thought I would own as many as I do. Happy days.
GLTA
Hi Boab, Do you happen know what happens with Australian super holdings if we drop out of the asx 300? I'm praying we aren't forced to sell them? Because my super purchase was at a lot higher price, unfortunately.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom