BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
Hey Tech,

The company should have made a contingency for this then and released the announcement earlier in the week. This way the creases could’ve been ironed out and the announcement would’ve been released as promised.

There’s no excuses here. If I don’t meet a deadline at work I’m held to account by the VP. In this instance I’m the boss and they’ve missed a deadline. I’m saying it’s unacceptable and I’d like to know why.

Anyway, I’ve said my piece. Onwards and upwards, let’s see what next week brings.
Under the two-strikes rule, when more than 25 per cent of shareholders vote down two annual remuneration reports in a row, it triggers a vote on a board spill that could result in the company's entire board of directors facing re-election.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

robsmark

Regular
Under the two-strikes rule, when more than 25 per cent of shareholders vote down two annual remuneration reports in a row, it triggers a vote on a board spill that could result in the company's entire board of directors facing re-election.

Probably not what we want to be honest. That would just give shorters further ammunition. Though arguably there are a couple of members that could do with the flick for adding no value.

I have met Antonio (and a couple of other BM personally), and I’m comfortable with him leading our board. Well spoken, knowledgeable, and very experienced with this type of business at this stage of its life.

Let’s just hope that the landscape is different by the next AGM and shareholders are happy with what the company has delivered.

They’re publicly stating that AKD2000 is a game changer for us so in my eyes we should see some contracts before then. The EAP have apparently had this chip for some months, and AKD2000 was in itself a baby of forged from customer directive. With this in mind I see no reason why the company can’t get these contracts across the line. I would also expect our two existing contract to deliver fruit soon, and I’m particularly interested in the Valeo LiDAR system piece. I believe we could be involved and with $Billions in preorders we should get a slice.

This next 12 months are make or break in my eyes, let’s see what they can produce, hopefully without any unnecessary restructures.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230930_150323_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
View attachment 45950
Screenshot_20230930_151935_LinkedIn.jpg

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Rskiff

Regular
Thanks @zeeb0t . Already a welcome improvement in the forum.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
View attachment 45950
This is NVIDIA's next big thing, slated for automotive use in 2025.

DRIVE Thor at 2000 teraflops of the best "GPU" technology on the planet..

"Designed with the best of NVIDIA GPU technology, DRIVE Thor is truly an AV SoC of heroic proportions"

Nothing about the power needed, or heat produced by this SOC..

Global warming, sea levels rising..
Maybe it will be for an underwater car, where cooling won't be a problem 🤔..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users

JoMo68

Regular

"Designed with the best of NVIDIA GPU technology, DRIVE Thor is truly an AV SoC of heroic proportions"

Didn’t RT say at one point that they saw Nvidia as more of a partner than a competitor (apologies but I can’t remember the context)?

• Love
Reactions: 28 users

Neuromorphia

fact collector
Didn’t RT say at one point that they saw Nvidia as more of a partner than a competitor (apologies but I can’t remember the context)?
Al Martin and Rob Telson discuss Brainchip and Edge at 28min35sec

Al: "Who is your biggest competitor?"

Rob Telson: "There are a lot of great companies that are designing and have developed applications and devices to support AI in the future. I think that when you look at the company that has really seen some success incorporating AI into active working products it’s the big guy that’s developed GPU’S and that is NVIDIA. But what they’re doing doesn’t support the edge devices of the future, and that’s where we strongly believe two things. Number one we don’t see companies like that as a competitor. We actually see them as a partner where we can complement what they have started and what they're doing, and our technology can work side by side in those environments or it can work independent in those environments."

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 67 users
I do agree with your views, but I would like to add another dynamic, maybe just maybe two things are or were at play this week, the ASX didn't accept the way the company's planned announcement was presented or there is a material aspect to the announcement/s that wasn't accepted in the way it was presented for release, personally I'm happy with my earlier view of something within the first 2 weeks of October, time shall tell.

The company could be erring on the side of caution as AKD 2.0 wasn't quite ready for release, and that's a mature and responsible approach also.

Go Brisbane 🦁 Regards...Tech
I am sorry for your loss . On another note, I do enjoy your quality posts .

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Morning Chippers ,

Little article on 🍎 new walki talki.

She's Hot .... dam hot, apparently.

Regards,
Esq.

This is Apple's toaster patent:

US2022222510A1 MULTI-OPERATIONAL MODES OF NEURAL ENGINE CIRCUIT 20210113

1696061584989.png

[0052] Referring to FIG. 3, an example neural processor circuit 218 may include, among other components, neural task manager 310 , a plurality of neural engines 314 A through 314 N (hereinafter collectively referred as “neural engines 314 ” and individually also referred to as “neural engine 314 ”), kernel direct memory access (DMA) 324 , data processor circuit 318 , data processor DMA 320 , and planar engine 340

[0053] Each of neural engines 314 performs computing operations for machine learning in parallel. Depending on the load of operation, the entire set of neural engines 314 may be operating or only a subset of the neural engines 314 may be operating while the remaining neural engines 314 are placed in a power-saving mode to conserve power. Each of neural engines 314 includes components for storing one or more kernels, for performing multiply-accumulate operations, for performing parallel sorting operations, and for post-processing to generate an output data 328 , as described below in detail with reference to FIGS. 4A and 4B. Neural engines 314 may specialize in performing computation heavy operations such as convolution operations and tensor product operations. Convolution operations may include different kinds of convolutions, such as cross-channel convolutions (a convolution that accumulates values from different channels), channel-wise convolutions, and transposed convolutions

1696061691244.png

[0063] FIG. 4A is a block diagram of neural engine 314 , according to one embodiment. Specifically, FIG. 4A illustrates neural engine 314 perform operations including operations to facilitate machine learning such as convolution, tensor product, and other operations that may involve heavy computation in the first mode. For this purpose, neural engine 314 receives input data 322 , performs multiply-accumulate operations (e.g., convolution operations) on input data 322 based on stored kernel data, performs further post-processing operations on the result of the multiply-accumulate operations, and generates output data 328 . Input data 322 and/or output data 328 of neural engine 314 may be of a single channel or span across multiple channels.

It has 16 neural engines each with an array of MAC (multiply accumulate) processors.

They need to find some sort of neural processor which does not rely on MACs.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 35 users

Relsieg

Spoken by someone who doesn't have much skin in the game. Maybe stick to photography or other leisure time pursuits. Maybe take Sean with you.
Damn boy all posts I had to read from you so far are salty and sound like you‘re still mad at your past self for not jumping out earlier. Give yourself a break and Switch your phone of for a while

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Yes, but neuromorphic and 2000 GPU/CPU teraflops are two completely different ways to skin a cat..

Trying to find a gif for that 🤔..

20230930_181541.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

I doubt it . They are smarter than getting sucked into the hype . I have a business with a water frontage for the last 40 years and the sea level has not risen at all . Insurance does not cover me from water entering from that direction. ( Act of God ) I have been successful in claiming flood water entering from the street and sewerage entering through my floor waste . It must be for some thing else .

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
This is Apple's toaster patent:

US2022222510A1 MULTI-OPERATIONAL MODES OF NEURAL ENGINE CIRCUIT 20210113

View attachment 45961

[0052] Referring to FIG. 3, an example neural processor circuit 218 may include, among other components, neural task manager 310 , a plurality of neural engines 314 A through 314 N (hereinafter collectively referred as “neural engines 314 ” and individually also referred to as “neural engine 314 ”), kernel direct memory access (DMA) 324 , data processor circuit 318 , data processor DMA 320 , and planar engine 340

[0053] Each of neural engines 314 performs computing operations for machine learning in parallel. Depending on the load of operation, the entire set of neural engines 314 may be operating or only a subset of the neural engines 314 may be operating while the remaining neural engines 314 are placed in a power-saving mode to conserve power. Each of neural engines 314 includes components for storing one or more kernels, for performing multiply-accumulate operations, for performing parallel sorting operations, and for post-processing to generate an output data 328 , as described below in detail with reference to FIGS. 4A and 4B. Neural engines 314 may specialize in performing computation heavy operations such as convolution operations and tensor product operations. Convolution operations may include different kinds of convolutions, such as cross-channel convolutions (a convolution that accumulates values from different channels), channel-wise convolutions, and transposed convolutions

View attachment 45962

[0063] FIG. 4A is a block diagram of neural engine 314 , according to one embodiment. Specifically, FIG. 4A illustrates neural engine 314 perform operations including operations to facilitate machine learning such as convolution, tensor product, and other operations that may involve heavy computation in the first mode. For this purpose, neural engine 314 receives input data 322 , performs multiply-accumulate operations (e.g., convolution operations) on input data 322 based on stored kernel data, performs further post-processing operations on the result of the multiply-accumulate operations, and generates output data 328 . Input data 322 and/or output data 328 of neural engine 314 may be of a single channel or span across multiple channels.

It has 16 neural engines each with an array of MAC (multiply accumulate) processors.

They need to find some sort of neural processor which does not rely on MACs.
Evening Diogenese,

Cheers for that.

I got a little nose bleed reading that lot.
😃.

Many many moons ago , my grand parents who came from England , when travelling via coach or train would carry a small brass box about 6 by 4 by 2 inches inside which coal's would be placed.
Portable heater for the ladies.

Incredible to think some 100 odd years later the world's largest company has created such a similar device , which also makes telephone calls of all things.

The pace of change.....

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
Google Pixel 8 releases next Wednesday, with the new Tensor G3 AI TPU. Possible chance that this could coincidr with the AKIDA2 release?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Google Pixel 8 releases next Wednesday, with the new Tensor G3 AI TPU. Possible chance that this could coincidr with the AKIDA2 release?
Futurama Fry GIF

Mouth watering thought.

But I'm going to say it's very unlikely 😞

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Futurama Fry GIF

Mouth watering thought.

But I'm going to say it very unlikely 😞
Anythings possible. Its interesting during the AFL game today their was a preview commercial for the new pixel 8, and one thing that struck me was that there was an emphasis on the word "edge".

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

Iseki

Regular
Damn boy all posts I had to read from you so far are salty and sound like you‘re still mad at your past self for not jumping out earlier. Give yourself a break and Switch your phone of for a while
That's harsh. Your friend thinks it's a good thing if we don't make the scheduled announcement till maybe November! But that's not the CEO's job, and the reasons given are risible. Better the CEO let us know what the new timeframe is for Akida 2 IP to go on sale, if that's okay with you.

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom