BRN Discussion Ongoing

Mccabe84

Regular
Anyone got any further information or opinions?
IMG_5846.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

Mccabe84

Regular
July 31, 2023 🤔
Yeah starting July 31.. are they the one’s buying under Citi corp ( number 1 share holder) ? Will be interesting to see the top 20 to see if still accumulating or selling

Reactions: 4 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
I remember all too well @BaconLover, how much I have banged on about shorters over the years and how they will benefit the share price, with their "foolishness" 🙄..

Well it certainly appears, that I have a substantial quantity of egg on my face 😔...

They have won! 😭

Well they have won the battle at least, but will they win the War?..

This is the "latest" 3 month chart of short positions.

View attachment 45624

They have covered significantly in the last few weeks (~20%) and at great profit, but why is there an uptick in shorts, at a time when their available "infantry" (or ability to borrow shares) is being diminished, by our expulsion from the ASX200 and the associated institutional sell down??..

I (and I'm most probably just pissing into the wind here..) can think of only two reasons.. (there could obviously be many).

1. This is a sign of desperation (hopeful) as not enough shares are being covered, that need to be covered, quickly enough..

2. Other institutions are buying the shares at current prices (in spite of our removal from the ASX200) and these institutions have begun lending "new" shorts.

Both scenarios, are potentially beneficial to the share price, in the near to short term.

I've noticed some (well at least one) comment from "regulars" about BrainChip share holders, having an almost bottomless pocket and appetite for stock, even as it seems to be "dying" from a thousand cuts..

How many "real" shareholders are selling, even as they sit in despair, with so much about to happen? Potentially..
(AKIDA 2 release is a given but not likely to affect the share price "much" without a follow through of IP deals and or NDA "awakenings" within the next couple of months).

I'm going to make a "prediction" and say I'd expect the share price to "at least" be 60% above current levels, before the end of next week.
Or around 30 cents.
Nothing mind blowing..
Based purely on the AKIDA 2 announcement and associated "frictional" manipulational pressure, sometimes known as SIS.
(not natural buying pressure).

Do you feel lucky?? (Yeah, I know that didn't end well, Dirty Harry fans..)

And remember..

View attachment 45625

Good morning @DingoBorat

Your GIF actually reminds me of the poor shareholders who have ''averaged down'' all the way to 19 cents.
Kept thinking the wind will turn and they could peacefully have a piss, but the wind turns when it turns, there is no pointing in fighting.
All they had to do, is either turn the tap off or just turn around but I guess we all have our biases when it comes to being right or wrong.

Which brings me to the point, shorters don't care being right or wrong. They are in here to make money, which as we all know, they have, in plenty. This ''battle'' is not a battle at all, it is just a punt. These shorters are not some countries where they gather to attack some middle eastern area because they found Oil.

The shorters are just punters. How?
Addressing your point #1, Well, now the SP is deteriorating they are turned around to piss, the moment the wind turns and there's a splash on their face, they will turn around to the right direction, in this case along with us and come for the ride on the long side. We would think that we have ''won'' the war, but these guys are pros with risk management in place. As your chart suggest, nearly 1.5% shares are already covered. There is a small uptick but as any chart it could be just seen as a ''relief rally''.
So even though when the SP appreciates, we may think we have ''won'' the war, those shorts are now long. Some of those will also have hedged positions, some may play the arbitrage. Sure, just like us they lose money too, but it is all a numbers game where risk management and position sizing come to play.

Addressing your point #2, I'd have thought that removal from ASX200 would reduce the number of short available for the big instos, but I am not 100% sure on this.

My theory is we are looking at the wrong picture here concentrating on shorts. We ''only'' have about 6.5% shorts here, where as some of the companies overseas have 100% or even more in US. That would create a short covering explosion.
So in comparison 6.5% is not huge.

However, once the moment management become proactive with contracts and sales, this 6.5% will surely help us a bit. As you said, with substantially low volume and unavailability of short covers.

So a few things happen at the same time when we have some substantial news from the management on ASX.

1) Shorts will cover
2) These shorts will then become Long.
3) Investors who jumped out of the ship will jump back in.
4) Investors who have never heard of us will have a look.

All these will ensure we are taken care of as evident from a couple of years ago.

I personally think we are so glued on to what shorts are doing, and how they ''manipulate'' things, well look, it is not under our control.
Management and sales team just need to do their job, and we all will be Happy as Pharrell Williams.
Management repeatedly say ''SP'' is not under their control.
Well that is a load of BS.
Every time they have announced an IP contract or something substantial, there has been SP rise. So it is under their control, to some degree. The rest is human emotions and sentiment.
Now we are here because we have not had any news through proper official channels, i.e., ASX.

As to your prediction, I'd love to see the SP in 30 cents. Hopefully a close above 33.5 cent mark. That will sure bring some interest back to Brainchip imv.

Have a great day!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Morning Mccabe84,

Nice , Makes sense , they would look pretty stupid if they missed the next F, A, N, G. stock for their clients.

Regards,
Esq.
Morning Esq.

Let’s hope so 🤞

They could all be partly responsible for the relentless shorting so they can accumulate.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Esq.

Let’s hope so 🤞

They could all be partly responsible for the relentless shorting so they can accumulate.
Mccabe84,

I would say that is a 100% certainty.

When playing with Trillions globally the stock markets etc are purely a conduit to cycle funds through .

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Anyone got any further information or opinions? View attachment 45630

I could not find the exact link for this article from that source, but I think it has been a mixed bag of buying and selling.
Vanguard may have started to reposition as we are out of top 200.
On a net basis, looks like more buys, especially from a First Trust NASDAQ Artificial Intelligence & Robotics ETF and BlackRock.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 080547.png
Screenshot 2023-09-27 080556.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Mccabe84

Regular
I could not find the exact link for this article from that source, but I think it has been a mixed bag of buying and selling.
On a net basis, looks like more buys, especially from a First Trust NASDAQ Artificial Intelligence & Robotics ETF and BlackRock.

View attachment 45632 View attachment 45633
Thanks 🥓

I Appreciate your information and input.

I look forward to seeing the top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

SiDEvans

Regular
Anyone got any further information or opinions? View attachment 45630
Couldn’t find the link but these are all listings on Barrons website as of today. 106.06million shares held across the funds. May be more but these are the ones I could see.

Attachments

• IMG_4901.jpeg
    IMG_4901.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4902.jpeg
    IMG_4902.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4904.jpeg
    IMG_4904.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4905.jpeg
    IMG_4905.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Couldn’t find the link but these are all listings on Barrons website as of today. 106.06million shares held across the funds. May be more but these are the ones I could see.
Thanks for what you could find with all of us..

Some do say nothing happens without Vangaurd or black rock involvement

Reactions: 3 users

SiDEvans

Regular

View attachment 45632 View attachment 45633
I asked the guy who posted it on FB and it is something he posted after interrogating the holders register as you have done.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Well..... 3 trading days until the end of September!!! Will we get an announcement on the ASX re the much anticipated launch of...

...........'akida The 2nd Generation'........... I really hope so 🤞🙏🙏🤞

1695771508492.png

1695771609650.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Dhm

Regular
I'm looking forward to the gen 2 announcement as much as anyone, however any position taker whether they be shareholder or shorter would also be acutely aware of the announcement. Therefore I don't see any SP improvement or decline. The only SP rocket will be positive revenue guidance and/or future 4Cs overflowing with large inward cashflows.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Good morning @DingoBorat

Your GIF actually reminds me of the poor shareholders who have ''averaged down'' all the way to 19 cents.
Kept thinking the wind will turn and they could peacefully have a piss, but the wind turns when it turns, there is no pointing in fighting.
All they had to do, is either turn the tap off or just turn around but I guess we all have our biases when it comes to being right or wrong.

Which brings me to the point, shorters don't care being right or wrong. They are in here to make money, which as we all know, they have, in plenty. This ''battle'' is not a battle at all, it is just a punt. These shorters are not some countries where they gather to attack some middle eastern area because they found Oil.

The shorters are just punters. How?
Addressing your point #1, Well, now the SP is deteriorating they are turned around to piss, the moment the wind turns and there's a splash on their face, they will turn around to the right direction, in this case along with us and come for the ride on the long side. We would think that we have ''won'' the war, but these guys are pros with risk management in place. As your chart suggest, nearly 1.5% shares are already covered. There is a small uptick but as any chart it could be just seen as a ''relief rally''.
So even though when the SP appreciates, we may think we have ''won'' the war, those shorts are now long. Some of those will also have hedged positions, some may play the arbitrage. Sure, just like us they lose money too, but it is all a numbers game where risk management and position sizing come to play.

Addressing your point #2, I'd have thought that removal from ASX200 would reduce the number of short available for the big instos, but I am not 100% sure on this.

My theory is we are looking at the wrong picture here concentrating on shorts. We ''only'' have about 6.5% shorts here, where as some of the companies overseas have 100% or even more in US. That would create a short covering explosion.
So in comparison 6.5% is not huge.

However, once the moment management become proactive with contracts and sales, this 6.5% will surely help us a bit. As you said, with substantially low volume and unavailability of short covers.

So a few things happen at the same time when we have some substantial news from the management on ASX.

1) Shorts will cover
2) These shorts will then become Long.
3) Investors who jumped out of the ship will jump back in.
4) Investors who have never heard of us will have a look.

All these will ensure we are taken care of as evident from a couple of years ago.

I personally think we are so glued on to what shorts are doing, and how they ''manipulate'' things, well look, it is not under our control.
Management and sales team just need to do their job, and we all will be Happy as Pharrell Williams.
Management repeatedly say ''SP'' is not under their control.
Well that is a load of BS.
Every time they have announced an IP contract or something substantial, there has been SP rise. So it is under their control, to some degree. The rest is human emotions and sentiment.
Now we are here because we have not had any news through proper official channels, i.e., ASX.

As to your prediction, I'd love to see the SP in 30 cents. Hopefully a close above 33.5 cent mark. That will sure bring some interest back to Brainchip imv.

Have a great day!
Hey BaconLover, BrainChip is in the Top 10 most shorted stocks on the ASX.

20230927_092557.jpg

There are Companies that are shorted much more in the World, but I don't understand how a company could be shorted 100% unless there was 100% institutional ownership and then so why are they holding??

Makes them sound kind of stupid?
But maybe I'm missing something?..

20230927_093143.jpg

Shorts are never "long" to my understanding, as that defies the definition of being "short"..

I think you are confusing different market participants, or describing players that play all angles.
Shorters will happily sell borrowed shares on a rising stock, with strong demand, but the intention is always for the price to come back down and re-buy the sold "borrowed" stock.

I still think my analogy of a War, fits in my own mind.

Wars are always fought, with some sort of gain in mind and these days, it's usually financial.

The fact that games are played on both sides, doesn't mean it's not a War, in my eyes.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Shorters will happily sell borrowed shares on a rising stock, with strong demand, but the intention is always for the price to come back down and re-buy the sold "borrowed" stock.

And they will go Long if the SP does not go back down. These guys are not some parties with ill intentions to run down the company, they are just opportunists looking to make a buck. Reason being, there is only a very few percentage of shorters who are 100% shorts, and only a handful of 'bear market' index on ASX.

BRN is in the top 10 shorted stocks, and that is because of we have next to nothing revenue, no regard to SP from management and no IP contracts and sales coming through.

If the above 3 issues were reversed and fixed, we would have NOT been in the top shorted stocks, is my view.

All good DingoBorat, we can agree to disagree, which is what makes the market.
Thanks for your input and pov, appreciate a decent respectful convo !

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users
Top Bottom