BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Just on SiFive D.

We know NASA has also been looking at the X280.

I noticed on that recent presentation table that the X280 is also slated for 2025 with the RISC-V cores TBD.

To be designed? To be decided? To be developed?

Given we are also on the table stand alone and also have the SiFive relationship, do we have the capability to also be in the X280 cores mix possibly?

View attachment 42506

From the SiFive X280 datasheet it is clear that their AI/ML does not include Akida. It would have been on the drawing board before we met.

1692613153650.png

1692612949019.png

On the other hand, SiFive have recognized Akida's capabilities.

https://brainchip.com/sifive-and-brainchip-partner-to-demo-ip-compatibility/#:~:text=SiFive and BrainChip have partnered to show their,IP working alongside SiFive’s RISC–V host processor IP.
April 20, 2022

SiFive and BrainChip have partnered to show their IP is compatible in SoC designs for embedded artificial intelligence (AI). The companies have demonstrated BrainChip’s neuromorphic processing unit (NPU) IP working alongside SiFive’s RISC–V host processor IP.

Brainchip’s NPU processor IP, the basis for its Akida chip, is a neuromorphic processor designed to accelerate spiking neural networks. This IP can be used to analyze inputs from most sensor types, including cameras, to provide ultra–low power analysis in real–time applications. A recent BrainChip demo showed its Akida chip in a vehicle, detecting the driver, recognizing the driver’s face, and identifying their voice simultaneously. Keyword spotting required 600 µW, facial recognition needed 22 mW, and the visual wake–word inference used to detect the driver was 6–8 mW.

https://brainchip.com/akida2-0/
“Through our collaboration with BrainChip, we are enabling the combination of SiFive’s RISC-V processor IP portfolio and BrainChip’s 2nd generation Akida neuromorophic IP to provide a power-efficient, high capability solution for AI processing on the Edge,” said Phil Dworsky, Global Head of Strategic Alliances at SiFive. “Deeply embedded applications can benefit from the combination of compact SiFive Essential™ processors with BrainChip’s Akida-E, efficient processors; more complex applications including object detection, robotics, and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow Processors tightly integrated with BrainChip’s Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors.”
Phil Dworsky, Global Head of Strategic Alliances, SiFive

"more complex applications including object detection, robotics, and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow Processors tightly integrated with BrainChip’s Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors"

... so it's there for the future.

Attachments

• 1692613118542.png
    1692613118542.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users
A lot of shareholders that have been holding BRN shares for years and years have been patiently waiting for these next 9 months. These are the championship rounds. No time for the wobbles now. Can’t understand the efforts some are making to try and convince others that they should be worried.
1692614929872.jpeg

No wobbles here, just topping up and waiting for the final bell! 🔔

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hey Dio,

Thank you for the detailed response.

You’re a valued contributor here on a technical front, and I appreciate your input.

I’m not sure I appreciate your consideration of me being a “Cassandra“. I don’t think it’s fair to play this off as an emotional post, as would stand by it even if the SP shot off to $5 on open tomorrow.

Starting with your 4 questions:

a response to Q1 would be the sort of thing for which the ASX would demand further and better particulars, which would put us in conflict with all the NDAs, a la Ford;

I‘m pleased you brought this up. Are we still engaged with Ford? It’s been over three years now (25/5/2020) since Brainchip announced that Ford were ”evaluating“ Akida and since then we have heard nothing. This is my point Dio, there is no transparency. Is three years‘ an unreasonable duration of time for a shareholder update? I think not. For all we know, Ford have gone quiet and the company have decided not to disclose it due to a technicality - perhaps they never formally terminated the agreement. I’m not saying this has happened, but it’s certainly plausible after this duration.

Similarly for Q2;

Q3 is reasonable, but I think this has been answered with the degree of specificity allowable under the NDAs - automotive, health, mechanical maintenance, aerospace, ... . As I said 5 years ago, it would be easier to list the areas where Akida cannot be used (it's a very short list).

It hasn’t been answered at all. The company have alluded to working with these sectors. And to state it’s easier to state where Akida cannot be used is besides the point. I understand the use-cases are practically infinite, but that doesn’t mean we are engaged with infinite “customers”, and nobody knows, as we aren’t updated of any specifics.

Q4, see Q1.

Taking your example of mobile phones, the development cycle is several years, so, while we missed the recent releases and those shortly upcoming, there is nothing to suggest we are not being considered for future releases. Our association with Prophesee gives us a strong link into the process, especially given Synsense's admission of its low level applicability.

There is nothing to support that we are being considered for future releases either. Absolutely nothing.

The fact is that Brainchip hasn’t mentioned the EAP is a very long time. Nothing about the participants, nothing about progress, nothing about the potential. Simply nothing. Woulds, coulds, and maybes won’t change this. The company needs to update the market on the status of this program without breaking contractual obligations. It shouldn’t be hard, they’ve have years to figure this out, unless of course there’s nothing to update?

Remember BRN is on a steep learning curve. We need to discover what our customers need, and they don't know because they don't know how revolutionary Akida is. Last year we were talking about the recently invented LSTM functionality for "attention", and now we have bypassed that for ViT/TeNNs in Akida 2. This is not to say Akida 1 is obsolete. We have developed Akida 1500, which is Akida 1 el cheapo, or at least stripped of the ARM Cortex processor, available from 2 nodes (8 NPUs ) up to 20 nodes, whether you want an always-on wake-word watching device, a vibration monitor, or a full video processing chip.

The IP licensing business is a long haul project, much longer than selling chips.
- If I recall correctly, Renesas came out of nowhere, the company were surprised by this licensing agreement, so I find your argument weak here. It’s been years since our last licensing agreement, and the Company itself has admitted that this is taking longer than expected, and that was a while ago! Where are they??? Why aren’t they licensing a groundbreaking innovation like Akida???

You know that Renesas and Megachips are bringing out processors incorporating Akida 1. Renesas has its own in-house DRP-AI but has found applications where Akida is more relevant.

I find it encouraging to remember:

Prophesee loves us;
Where is the licence?

nViso loves us; Where is the licence?

NASA is a fan;

Mercedes is impressed;
Why isn’t it in their cars, and licensed?

Valeo is a partner; Where is the licence?

we are compatible with all ARM processors; Then why hasn’t anyone licensed it?

SiFive, ARM's up and coming rival, is also a partner; Where is the licence?

...My intention isn’t to be objective for the sake of being objective. The point is it’s all hearsay until someone signs and we generate revenue, for some reason that hasn’t happened, and I want to know what the feedback is as to why that is.

We cannot survive on partnerships, we aren’t a university or a funded research centre, we are a company that needs revenue and answers to shareholders.

It is true that the company has had a few major business model changes, and this has inevitably shifted expectations. We've been a software company, a chip company, and now an IP licensing company. Software provides only a pale shadow of Akida's capabilities. Chips would have produced a quicker return, but again, without maximizing the benefits of the Akida design. Would we produce different sizes for different applications. Putting all our eggs in the IP licensing basket makes it a harder sell because of the up-front costs to the customer. But I am trusting that the superior performance of Akida will win over customers like Mercedes, and partners like Prophesee and SiFive, and marquee clients like NASA/DoD/DoE (DOE - that's right, we do do cybresecurity too).

We don’t do cyber secunity. We currently do nothing. We currently have our IP in zero products. This is a fact Dio. As evident by the lack of revenue. Why???

I’m not saying we’ve failed yet, I believe the tech is strong, but for some reason people aren’t buying it, and I’d like to see some detail as to why.

The SP is down now, but within a few (short?) months ...

Come on mate, we’ve been in a death spiral for 30 months!

🤡

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

robsmark

Regular
Really Wilzy? That’s rich coming from you, of course I would never have been so impolite as to point that out in the first instance.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Cgc516

Regular
The only thing I can do is topping up! Hopefully, BRN doesn’t let us down for too long!

5C5606DD-03E5-41FD-A8D2-BBF3FE03985B.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Cartagena

Regular
This sums it up perfectly I think.

I saw this tonight, maybe it's a sign..... Who here drives an R8 Holden with plates BRN 01R? 🥸
Could we be getting the big announcement on thursday 31st or friday 1st as both days contain the letter R... My gut feeling is it's a sign. Hope I'm right.
R also --->>> Rocket 🚀

Attachments

• IMG_20230821_181329375.jpg
    IMG_20230821_181329375.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Cartagena

Regular
View attachment 42516
No wobbles here, just topping up and waiting for the final bell! 🔔
The only thing I'm pissed off about is I haven't got any readies to buy more.
50,000 shares for only $16,250. Someone got lucky I reckon😩
Yeh me too I topped up big time at 0.33, 0.335 and 0.355 before it dropped and wish I'd waited. We won't be here that long I think. I'm calling the 1st Sept. The rocket has 01R written on it. 👍💯🚀

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Someone over on BRCHF stocktwits bullish. Credit to Stenerinjo.

Don't go to the link if struggle with posters also bagging the company bit like the other place. Agree or disagree, it is still their right if they so desire.

Haven't been to stocktwits for ages and saw still had the webpage open on my phone browser amongst waaaay too many tabs open :ROFLMAO:

Now....no idea if the poster put this together themselves, found it elsewhere from another poster somewhere or wherever.

Quality best can get off the save image.

It's a nice infographic of our ecosystem....I'm just not so sure where they got some of the names linked :unsure:

Awesome if it's got some merit on the grey areas :LOL:

IMG_20230821_212446.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Cartagena

Regular
I'm a little bit superstitious so I'm doubling down on your superstitious post.🤞🤞 Its like betting on black on the roulette table only to see red,red,red,red,red,,red,red,red,red,red, red,red,red,red,red,red, surely black has to come up next spin.
You photo also reminds me of the otherside of the coin.

View attachment 42547
Yes and I believe in numerology as certain numbers repeat themselves at various times of the day, called spirit numbers, and they are telling you something so this is something that has popped up I believe for a reason. The key message for me is if we hold on, the rewards are there. Just need time. Funny how today is the 8th month and I see this R8 Holden with that plate. Crazy 😳🍾🔥

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Glen

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Ian

Founding Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822_053612_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20230822_053612_X.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Beebo

Regular
Hi all, not sure what the concern is, we only need a 720% rise to get back to ATH's hahaha
How good is the stock market!?
Hi Damo.
Just a friendly reminder:
NVDA, a tech behemoth, is up over 400% in under a year. So, yes, the stock market is good enough.

With the right news, I have no doubt we can push upward fast.

IT’S COMING!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Frangipani

Regular

Mercedesall-electric future has already begun with a strong range of EQ-badged cars, but a new entry-level car will be revealed soon and we’ve caught it in its latest stage of development.

As part of its plans to shake up its model range this decade in the hope of creating a more premium brand image, Mercedes will introduce an all-new compact luxury car that should take the position of an EQA saloon. We already know a few details about the new offering and a recent teaser image confirms that a concept version will be on display at the Munich Motor Show in September.

(…) Not only will the entry-level Mercedes electric car create a more premium bottom line for the brand’s portfolio, it’ll also mark the debut of a new platform and infotainment system. Based on the firm’s forthcoming MMA underpinnings, the new all-electric compact saloon will rival Tesla’s Model 3 as the most affordable model in the Mercedes range.

(…) Despite its position as the cheapest electric Mercedes, we expect it to feature technology from the brand’s record-breaking Vision EQXX concept car, which focused on maximising efficiency to deliver range.

In a smaller car such as the first MMA-based model, this will be key, so some of the EQXX’s motor tech (delivering 95 per cent efficiency), power-control electronics and other features could be scaled up for series production in the new model. It’s also likely that the car’s sleek styling will draw on aerodynamic cues first seen on the EQXX to reduce drag and increase range.

Mercedes Chief Technology Officer Markus Schäfer told Auto Express that the battery, e-motor, aspects of the EQXX’s inverter and some ‘bionic engineering’ cast-metal parts will feature on series production cars in the future, so there will be a large carryover from this test bed. “We wanted to have something that mirrored what was happening in the real world,” he said of the EQXX. “We want to bring this tech to series production and see the same results.”

Källenius was also keen to highlight how: “This new MMA architecture ushers in a new generation of technology,
both on the drivetrain side in terms of battery chemistry, efficiency, and the drivetrain itself.”

(…)

This tech transfer will extend to the infotainment, because the new car will also mark the debut of Mercedes’ MB.OS infotainment system. The new model will likely offer a widescreen digital dash and infotainment panel as part of the company’s target for its advanced graphical interfaces, but it’s the system behind the scenes that could be even more interesting.

Mercedes has experimented with a new type of processor that performs tasks in “neuromorphic spikes”. Put simply, this means that the computer stores up tasks and executes them in one go once a threshold is reached, saving energy and boosting driving range in the process.

Unlike premium rivals such as Volvo and Polestar, who have paired with Google for their infotainment software, the German firm is going it alone with the development of MB.OS, and Chief Software Officer Magnus Östberg told Auto Express: “We are the architects of our own house, as it were. It’s important to have ownership of your own OS for safety and security.”

The new saloon was initially thought to be called EQA, but the name is now uncertain following reports that Mercedes will drop the EQ branding for EVs as its range moves towards full-electric models in Europe by 2030. Whatever it’s called, this new car represents the start of a renewed focus on profit per car and sales margins, rather than volume. The company is pushing its most affordable models further upmarket, with a greater focus on higher-margin, luxury cars.

(…)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 68 users

Cartagena

Regular

Mercedesall-electric future has already begun with a strong range of EQ-badged cars, but a new entry-level car will be revealed soon and we’ve caught it in its latest stage of development.

As part of its plans to shake up its model range this decade in the hope of creating a more premium brand image, Mercedes will introduce an all-new compact luxury car that should take the position of an EQA saloon. We already know a few details about the new offering and a recent teaser image confirms that a concept version will be on display at the Munich Motor Show in September.

(…) Not only will the entry-level Mercedes electric car create a more premium bottom line for the brand’s portfolio, it’ll also mark the debut of a new platform and infotainment system. Based on the firm’s forthcoming MMA underpinnings, the new all-electric compact saloon will rival Tesla’s Model 3 as the most affordable model in the Mercedes range.

(…) Despite its position as the cheapest electric Mercedes, we expect it to feature technology from the brand’s record-breaking Vision EQXX concept car, which focused on maximising efficiency to deliver range.

In a smaller car such as the first MMA-based model, this will be key, so some of the EQXX’s motor tech (delivering 95 per cent efficiency), power-control electronics and other features could be scaled up for series production in the new model. It’s also likely that the car’s sleek styling will draw on aerodynamic cues first seen on the EQXX to reduce drag and increase range.

Mercedes Chief Technology Officer Markus Schäfer told Auto Express that the battery, e-motor, aspects of the EQXX’s inverter and some ‘bionic engineering’ cast-metal parts will feature on series production cars in the future, so there will be a large carryover from this test bed. “We wanted to have something that mirrored what was happening in the real world,” he said of the EQXX. “We want to bring this tech to series production and see the same results.”

Källenius was also keen to highlight how: “This new MMA architecture ushers in a new generation of technology,
both on the drivetrain side in terms of battery chemistry, efficiency, and the drivetrain itself.”

(…)

This tech transfer will extend to the infotainment, because the new car will also mark the debut of Mercedes’ MB.OS infotainment system. The new model will likely offer a widescreen digital dash and infotainment panel as part of the company’s target for its advanced graphical interfaces, but it’s the system behind the scenes that could be even more interesting.

Mercedes has experimented with a new type of processor that performs tasks in “neuromorphic spikes”. Put simply, this means that the computer stores up tasks and executes them in one go once a threshold is reached, saving energy and boosting driving range in the process.

Unlike premium rivals such as Volvo and Polestar, who have paired with Google for their infotainment software, the German firm is going it alone with the development of MB.OS, and Chief Software Officer Magnus Östberg told Auto Express: “We are the architects of our own house, as it were. It’s important to have ownership of your own OS for safety and security.”

The new saloon was initially thought to be called EQA, but the name is now uncertain following reports that Mercedes will drop the EQ branding for EVs as its range moves towards full-electric models in Europe by 2030. Whatever it’s called, this new car represents the start of a renewed focus on profit per car and sales margins, rather than volume. The company is pushing its most affordable models further upmarket, with a greater focus on higher-margin, luxury cars.

(…)
Great find. Mercs Chief engineer has also liked the Gen 2 pages on LinkedIn so it's coming. I am sensing a push upwards today 👍🔥fingers crossed. Let's get it Brainchip

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Haven't read the article yet but really hope we are involved in the background considering our relationship with prophesee.
Thanks for posting.
Question I have some days is:

Will we ever know? Is anyone ever revealing their secret sauce?

Or do we just have to “watch the financials” and hope those finally explode in 2024 and beyond?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Foxdog

Regular
Great find. Mercs Chief engineer has also liked the Gen 2 pages on LinkedIn so it's coming. I am sensing a push upwards today 👍🔥fingers crossed. Let's get it Brainchip
I think it's still a bit too cryptic for the general market to react to this article. In September at the Mercedes launch I expect Merc will name Brainchip and AKIDA and confirm the beginning of a long and fruitful partnership.

'If' AKIDA is in this new model and if it helps Merc achieve record breaking distances from their EV range at a comparable price to the Tesla 3 then this could be the turning point we've all been waiting for.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

jk6199

Regular
Munich Motor Show "kicks off" from 5th of September, so not long to wait.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
Well honestly mate. At this stage. Speaking for myself here I kinda honestly don't care anymore if we know or not. I just want to see that tap turn clockwise a few times so the drips of money entering brn coffers turn into a heavy stream of dollars.
And yes it would slightly annoy me if we never knew what products we get incorporated into 🤣
Yeah.... as stated many times, being in the red is no fun. Staying on course, takes stamina, despite all the research I have done... But despite being down by over 75%, which majorly sucks, I feel that is ok, specially compared to reminders by some people who refused the BRN potential at the time, who now feel vindicated. That I find way more annoying than my 75% red in my account ;)

So I just want to this to go boom, go to 10x MS share price... and retire. And then laugh at them from my home in Mallorca :D

Yep, if this explodes we move back home to Europe (but Denmark and Switzerland are too cold, despite being half Dane half Swiss)...

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom