BRN Discussion Ongoing

S

Straw

Got Akida board yesterday. Barcode on back no. 217 (ordered very early on)

Anti-static bag had Lot no. 6411 (if that's at all meaningful which I'm doubting)

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
D

Deleted member 118

To tired to read but Brainchip mentioned on page 13 @Fact Finder

EB6DBA2F-D58F-4554-ABAF-7BCC618C4B3D.png

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Hey EQ,

I'll defo buy a pair! Do you sell them in a more feminine style? If not, no worries, I'll take the tradie underpanty style in a size 8.

Cheers

B x
The female version will be the Smartypants 2000 model:)

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
What is Samsung up to?

When you add these items together it screams something.
Plus this:
BrainChip’s intellectual portfolio consists of 11 patents issued or in process, including a foundational patent in the area of Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) that has been cited by leading companies such as IBM, Qualcomm, Samsung, and Hewlett Packard.

Plus Considering Samsung did this research way back in 2016 with IBM's TrueNorth, a so-called "cognitive chip,
This proves Samsung likes to incorporate the best specked neuromorphic chip it can get its hands on at the time.
Samsung plugs IBM's brain-imitating chip into an advanced sensor | Engadget
View attachment 3231

Plus some math:
86 billion neurons in the human brain
Akida 1000 = 1.2 million neurons
You can gang up to 1024 chips by request, increasing the number of neurons to 1.228 billion
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-9982
Which is crazy. Just build a bigger chip

Plus this video

Plus this video:

what does all that add up to?
To me screams that Samsung is doing something very big with some neuromorphic chips, continuing their previous research.
But whos chips/IP are they using?
Also what are the specs for the Akida 2000? When does the Early Access Program for Akida 2000 start? Or has it already started?

Hi nm,

We've looked at Samsung a few times.

#5,093

Samsung have been doing a lot of in-house research on NNs.

US2021319293A1 NEUROMORPHIC DEVICE AND OPERATING METHOD OF THE SAME
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pat...456/publication/US2021319293A1?q=US2021319293

an operating method of a neuromorphic device including at least one three-dimensional synaptic array having a plurality of layers, the operating method comprises upon receiving a plurality of input signals independent of each other, performing an artificial neural network computation on the input signals in a plurality of resistive memristor elements of a layer corresponding to a word line selection signal, as a result of the artificial neural network computation, outputting a plurality of output currents to neuron circuits through bit lines, summing the output currents to output a summed output current as an output voltage when it is more than a predetermined threshold and wherein the three-dimensional synaptic array performs an artificial neural network computation independently for each layer activated by the word line selection signal.

1648372184982.png

1648372205942.png

They are using MemRistors, so

1648372019032.png

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Build-it

Regular
The other important criteria that goes hand in hand with SWaP is COTS. When Tensor Innovation Partners were first identified by @uiux back in 2020 the fact of AKIDA being COTS was a great asset to its adoption by NASA and this became clear as NASA/DARPA acquisition policies were found and revealed by the 1,000 Eyes and Vorago was revealed as an EAP.

The dots are looking quite large and very dark on this one.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Having read the BHTech announcement today it proves just how tight our NDA's with our EAP need to be and how long we work with our partners to get deals done.

The phrase loose lips sink ship's seems to be very appropriate.

Edge Compute.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Cyw

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Probably worth noting this forum just hit a new milestone in the last 20mins or so. 2000 members

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Slade

Top 20
Probably worth noting this forum just hit a new milestone in the last 20mins or so. 2000 members
2000 members. That’s a big $5 party.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Another small snippet from the......
Final Report
National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence.

Thanks to Rocket for putting this up here. :)

As far as the potential use cases for Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems go, I found the passages dealing with the necessity of keeping humans in the loop, especially regarding the authorisation and use of nuclear weapons, particularly comforting. Apparently there was a period when Russia had a Dead mans hand control as part of their retaliatory setup a.k.a.

Dr. Strangelove or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb....

In a similar tack to PVDM's warning about the expected exponential growth in data that will be a byproduct of the Internet Of Things, that must be both transmitted and dealt with/interpreted by data centres, the Intelligence Community is already drowning in data which needs to be sorted into actionable packets....

"Starting immediately, the IC should prioritize automating each stage of the intelligence cycle to the greatest extent possible and processing all available data and information through AI-enabled analytic systems before human analyst review. Products should also be disseminated at machine speed–which means they must be in machine-readable formats–and systems across the IC must be able to ingest and use them without manual intervention. Optimizing AI-enabled systems in this way will require an entirely different approach to the creation and review of finished intelligence products. The IC should require that all intelligence products include both a human-readable version and, just as important, an automated machine-readable version that can be ingested into other analytic systems throughout the IC. All future intelligence systems should be optimized for AI-oriented data collection and processing." page 110 see table on page 112 which I could not reproduce here.

This next paragraph (
beyond its mention of AKIDA1000 like smart sensors) is talking about what I guess will be within the realm of future iterations of our chip ie AKIDA2000/3000 etc..........

"In military scenarios—against technologically advanced adversaries, rogue states, or terrorist organizations—AI-enabled intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms and AI- enabled indication and warning (I&W) systems will be critical for the kind of advanced warfighting capabilities discussed in Chapter 3 of this report. Through automation, AI-enabled systems will optimize tasking and collection for platforms, sensors, and assets in near-real time in response to dynamic intelligence requirements or changes in the environment. At the tactical edge, “smart” sensors will be capable of pre-processing raw intelligence and prioritizing the data to transmit and store, which will be especially helpful in degraded or low-bandwidth environments. Once collected, intelligent processing systems can triage the information, identify trends and patterns, summarize key implications, and prepare the highest-priority information for human review (or flag items of particular interest, based on analyst-defined conditions). This includes advanced I&W systems that will enable warfighters to anticipate and understand emerging threats earlier, allowing them to proactively shape the environment, as well as systems close to the tactical edge identifying adversarial denial and deception efforts. When paired with human judgment, these capabilities will enhance all-domain awareness, lead to tighter and more informed decision cycles, offer recommendations for different courses of action, and allow rapid counter-actions to adversary actions".

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Dallas

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Another small snippet from the......
Final Report
National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence.

Thanks to Rocket for putting this up here. :)

As far as the potential use cases for Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems go, I found the passages dealing with the necessity of keeping humans in the loop, especially regarding the authorisation and use of nuclear weapons, particularly comforting. Apparently there was a period when Russia had a Dead mans hand control as part of their retaliatory setup a.k.a.

Dr. Strangelove or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb....

In a similar tack to PVDM's warning about the expected exponential growth in data that will be a byproduct of the Internet Of Things, that must be both transmitted and dealt with/interpreted by data centres, the Intelligence Community is already drowning in data which needs to be sorted into actionable packets....

"Starting immediately, the IC should prioritize automating each stage of the intelligence cycle to the greatest extent possible and processing all available data and information through AI-enabled analytic systems before human analyst review. Products should also be disseminated at machine speed–which means they must be in machine-readable formats–and systems across the IC must be able to ingest and use them without manual intervention. Optimizing AI-enabled systems in this way will require an entirely different approach to the creation and review of finished intelligence products. The IC should require that all intelligence products include both a human-readable version and, just as important, an automated machine-readable version that can be ingested into other analytic systems throughout the IC. All future intelligence systems should be optimized for AI-oriented data collection and processing." page 110 see table on page 112 which I could not reproduce here.

This next paragraph (
beyond its mention of AKIDA1000 like smart sensors) is talking about what I guess will be within the realm of future iterations of our chip ie AKIDA2000/3000 etc..........

"In military scenarios—against technologically advanced adversaries, rogue states, or terrorist organizations—AI-enabled intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms and AI- enabled indication and warning (I&W) systems will be critical for the kind of advanced warfighting capabilities discussed in Chapter 3 of this report. Through automation, AI-enabled systems will optimize tasking and collection for platforms, sensors, and assets in near-real time in response to dynamic intelligence requirements or changes in the environment. At the tactical edge, “smart” sensors will be capable of pre-processing raw intelligence and prioritizing the data to transmit and store, which will be especially helpful in degraded or low-bandwidth environments. Once collected, intelligent processing systems can triage the information, identify trends and patterns, summarize key implications, and prepare the highest-priority information for human review (or flag items of particular interest, based on analyst-defined conditions). This includes advanced I&W systems that will enable warfighters to anticipate and understand emerging threats earlier, allowing them to proactively shape the environment, as well as systems close to the tactical edge identifying adversarial denial and deception efforts. When paired with human judgment, these capabilities will enhance all-domain awareness, lead to tighter and more informed decision cycles, offer recommendations for different courses of action, and allow rapid counter-actions to adversary actions".

Dear Hoppy,

What an amazing analysis and I love the way you tied Dr Strangelove into it!😜

In all seriousness though, it is a pretty scary world that we live in and the implications that advanced AI will have on the world as we know it are unfathomable. Let’s hope us humans can use it to our advantage, not to our detriment.

PS: Birdie num nums!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Was ist das Dallas?

Reactions: 3 users

storm

Emerged
Hi FF and others

I came across this following site on youtube

Also the following site briefly talks about both Mythic and Brainchip (both located roughly 2/3rds down the page. From my limited knowledge Mystic appears to be a direct competitor (yes/no?) Could someone with appropriate insite please comment

The following is an extract for this site

MYTHIC​

The Era of Analog Compute has Arrived!

ResNet-50 in our prototype analog AI processor. Production release will support 900-1000 fps and INT8 accuracy at 3W.
A battery powered neural chip from Mythic with 50x lower power.

Founded in 2012, Texas-based startup Mythic (formerly known as Isocline) has taken in $9.5 million in funding with Draper Fisher Jurvetson as the lead investor. Prior to receiving any funding, the startup has taken in $2.5 million in grants. Mythic is developing an AI chip that “puts desktop GPU compute capabilities and deep neural networks onto a button-sized chip – with 50x higher battery life and far more data processing capabilities than competitors“. Essentially, that means you can give voice control and computer vision to any device locally without needing cloud connectivity.

BrainChip Showcases Vision and Learning Capabilities of its Akida Neural Processing IP and Device at tinyML Summit 2020

BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN), a leading provider of ultra-low power, high-performance edge AI technology, today announced that it will present its revolutionary new breed of neuromorphic processing IP and Device in two sessions at the tinyML Summit at the Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center in San Jose, California February 12-13.
BrainChip Inc (CA. USA) was the first company to offer a Spiking Neural processor, which was patented in 2008 (patent US 8,250,011). The current device, called the BrainChip Accelerator is a chip intended for rapid learning. It is offered as part of the BrainChip Studio software. BrainChip is a publicly listed company as part of BrainChip Holdings Ltd.

Reactions: 1 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Was ist das Dallas?
It’s about Germany wanting to build a missile shield over itself.

I do not understand what this has to do with BrainChip nor for what reason Dallas originally posted it??

Heading
Israels "Iron Dome" ist VorbildBund soll Kauf von Raketenschutzschild prüfen”
Or in English
Israel's "Iron Dome" is a model Federal government to examine purchase of missile protection shield”

Translated article”
”The federal government wants to arm itself against a possible military threat from Russia. Therefore, according to a media report, she is considering building a radar shield over Germany to ward off missiles. An Israeli system is to be used for this purpose.

In view of the Ukraine war and the threat from Russia, the federal government is examining the construction of a missile protection shield over the federal territory, according to a newspaper report. During a consultation of Chancellor Olaf Scholz with Inspector General Eberhard Zorn this week on the use of the 100 billion euro special fund for the Bundeswehr, such an "Iron Dome" (Iron Dome) was also a topic, reported Bild am Sonntag. Specifically, it was about a possible acquisition of the isreal "Arrow 3" system.

According to the report, a decision has not yet been made, but the SPD is in favour of the purchase. The main rapporteur in the Committee on Budgets on the Defence budget, Andreas Schwarz, told Bild am Sonntag: "We must better protect ourselves from the threat from Russia. For this we need a Germany-wide missile protection umbrella quickly." He added: "The Israeli system Arrow 3 is a good solution."

Politics

03.27.22 03:37 min

Expert on German air Defence

Politics of past years has left us defenceless

According to the newspaper, the system would cost two billion euros, according to information from security circles. Since it is available on the market, it could therefore be operational as early as 2025. For the missile shield, missile radar systems of the type "Super Greene Pine" would therefore be installed at three locations in Germany, which send their data to the national command post in Uedem. There, air force soldiers would evaluate the situation picture. In an emergency, an "Arrow 3" rocket would be shot down by one of the launchers distributed in Germany, which would intercept and destroy the attacker rocket.

According to the report, the radars are so powerful that the protective screen could also cover Poland, Romania or the Baltic States. Neighbouring countries would then have to buy Arrow 3 missiles, the radar image would be provided by Germany. Schwarz told the newspaper: "We can also span the Iron Dome over our neighbouring countries. This would give us a key role in Europe's security."

And this seems to be a version of the article published in English
https://www.timesofisrael.com/germany-mulls-purchasing-israels-arrow-3-anti-missile-shield/

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Dallas

Regular
didn't want to confuse anyone. but since we have a partnership with AirForce about the development of a radar system. I thought to share an article where you can see where this can go. Which by the way is new and is currently being discussed a lot on TV.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Fenris78

Regular
I've just been reading through the Renesas thread after a break from these forums... wow! Seems to be an explosion of AI products... especially when looking at all the ecosystem partners. Maybe a little early to be too optimistic... but I'm very curious to see revenue figures in the next quarterly, which is just around the corner.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Heard this company called ResApp on the news this morning, detecting covid through a smart phone-

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Dhm

Regular
Heard this company called ResApp on the news this morning, detecting covid through a smart phone-

Different technology. ResApp detects small but different sounds from the alveoli via a forced cough into an app. Like Shazam in a sense. Diagnoses a raft of respiratory disease like pneumonia, bronchitis, COPD and asthma. Now they also screen for COVID. Fast, accurate, scalable and cheap. I hold this company.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom