BRN Discussion Ongoing

IMG_9797.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
View attachment 41784

Sony definitely deals and has dealt with Megachips :)
Afternoon Townyj & Fellow Chippers ,

Great find.

I read this article on SONY two days ago and found it interesting.

Regarding their X box & Gaming consoles , for the April to June quarter this year , sales are up 38% .

SONY sold some 3,300,000 gaming unit thingies.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users
I posted some info on some of the Megachips - Nintendo relationship a while back that I found:

"On the 20th July 2021 the Nintendo Leaks (aka Gigaleaks) continued after a long hiatus. One of the files uploaded by the leakers was datasheet.7z.
The archive contains low level hardware information about the Nintendo Switch, including Lotus3 Game Cards reader and the Game Cards themselves.

This contents of this archive are documented in this post in order to preserve the history of the files without distributing the content itself.
The Lotus3 folder contains hardware specifications for the chips that allow the Switch to read their custom Game Card format.
The Bridge Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) is the hardware inside the switch console that reads the Game Card, so you can think of it as a bridge between the console and the game. It has been designed by the combination of MegaChips Corporation and Macronix International.
The ASIC has two interfaces the eMMC interface for connecting to the console and the Nintendo Game Memory Interface connects to the Card.

It even contains its own Coretex-M3 ARM-based processor inside along with a small amount of ROM (4KB) and SRAM (42KB) and a custom Random Number Generator."

Seems like Megachips have more than one finger in the Nintendo pie. They are Megachips biggest customer after all!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
I posted some info on some of the Megachips - Nintendo relationship a while back that I found:

"On the 20th July 2021 the Nintendo Leaks (aka Gigaleaks) continued after a long hiatus. One of the files uploaded by the leakers was datasheet.7z.
The archive contains low level hardware information about the Nintendo Switch, including Lotus3 Game Cards reader and the Game Cards themselves.

This contents of this archive are documented in this post in order to preserve the history of the files without distributing the content itself.
The Lotus3 folder contains hardware specifications for the chips that allow the Switch to read their custom Game Card format.
The Bridge Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) is the hardware inside the switch console that reads the Game Card, so you can think of it as a bridge between the console and the game. It has been designed by the combination of MegaChips Corporation and Macronix International.
The ASIC has two interfaces the eMMC interface for connecting to the console and the Nintendo Game Memory Interface connects to the Card.

It even contains its own Coretex-M3 ARM-based processor inside along with a small amount of ROM (4KB) and SRAM (42KB) and a custom Random Number Generator."

Seems like Megachips have more than one finger in the Nintendo pie. They are Megachips biggest customer after all!

I find it even more interesting that Megachips deals with Synopsys, ARM, and Cadence. It all just goes around in one big circle.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

McHale

Regular
I find it even more interesting that Megachips deals with Synopsys, ARM, and Cadence. It all just goes around in one big circle.
I believe I remember that Prophesee were working with Synopsys (or was it Syntiant) before they hooked up with BRN.

Can anyone support or correct my memory on this?

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Boab

The ADIUVO find from the other day has been reposted with some nice comments by others.
Consultant from Canada
Our man in Israel
and University of Arizona
Markus May reposted this
https://www.linkedin.com/in/markus-...ofile:ACoAAB3XetwB8yePnr2WUaKgai10f4oruD8c1qk

BrainChip
BrainChipBrainChip10,411 followers10,411 followers
2d • 2d •

Follow
Adiuvo Engineering Test-Drove Akida and Here’s What They Found - Benchmarking Akida with Edge Impulse: A Validation of Model Performance on BrainChip's Akida Platform https://lnkd.in/g44BUZ6V #edgeAI #AI #ML #neuromorphic

Adiuvo Engineering Test-Drove Akida and Here’s What They Found
brainchip.com • 1 min read

celebrate
    love
  • 4 comments
  • 7 reposts

Current selected sort order is Most relevantMost relevant

See profile for Kauser A.

Kauser A.(He/Him) out of network3rd+Technology Sales and Operations Executive | Expert in End-to-End Sales Cycle Management | Mentor and Team Leader | Experienced in C-Level Executive Engagement and Relationship Building​

2d(edited)
The collaboration between BrainChip and Adiuvo Engineering in test-driving Akida is a remarkable achievement. Akida's neuromorphic processing capabilities, as detailed in the article, represent a significant advancement in edge computing. Its ability to efficiently process complex data on-chip without extensive power or cloud connectivity is a game-changer in AI and embedded systems. This positive finding highlights Akida's potential to revolutionize various applications and showcases the bright future of neuromorphic computing. Well done to both teams!

See profile for Mauro Diamant

Mauro Diamant out of network3rd+IPro: Sales and Business Development in Israel for Great IP Companies​

1d
Remarkable achievement! And very detailed description of how Akida was experimented, as well as a brief overview of the Akida IP.
Great reading!

See profile for Justin Kinsey

Justin Kinsey out of network3rd+President at SBT | 17 years of advising leaders in the semiconductor industry and architecting teams | from startups to F500​

1d
The magnitude of this achievement cannot be overstated. This represents an ability shift in neuromorphic processing that supersedes any predecessing technology that will enable future technology advancement in unprecedented ways! Great work BrainChip

love

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nice-motor-1416b1117/

Nice Motor out of network3rd+Sales and Marketing​

2d
Go Brainchip

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Boab

The ADIUVO find from the other day has been reposted with some nice comments by others.
Consultant from Canada
Our man in Israel
and University of Arizona
Markus May reposted this
https://www.linkedin.com/in/markus-may-42480611b?miniProfileUrn=urn:li:fs_miniProfile:ACoAAB3XetwB8yePnr2WUaKgai10f4oruD8c1qk

BrainChip
BrainChipBrainChip10,411 followers10,411 followers
2d • 2d •
Follow
Adiuvo Engineering Test-Drove Akida and Here’s What They Found - Benchmarking Akida with Edge Impulse: A Validation of Model Performance on BrainChip's Akida Platform https://lnkd.in/g44BUZ6V #edgeAI #AI #ML #neuromorphic

Adiuvo Engineering Test-Drove Akida and Here’s What They Found
brainchip.com • 1 min read
    celebrate
    love
  • 4 comments
  • 7 reposts

Current selected sort order is Most relevantMost relevant

See profile for Kauser A.

Kauser A.(He/Him) out of network3rd+Technology Sales and Operations Executive | Expert in End-to-End Sales Cycle Management | Mentor and Team Leader | Experienced in C-Level Executive Engagement and Relationship Building

2d(edited)
The collaboration between BrainChip and Adiuvo Engineering in test-driving Akida is a remarkable achievement. Akida's neuromorphic processing capabilities, as detailed in the article, represent a significant advancement in edge computing. Its ability to efficiently process complex data on-chip without extensive power or cloud connectivity is a game-changer in AI and embedded systems. This positive finding highlights Akida's potential to revolutionize various applications and showcases the bright future of neuromorphic computing. Well done to both teams!

See profile for Mauro Diamant

Mauro Diamant out of network3rd+IPro: Sales and Business Development in Israel for Great IP Companies

1d
Remarkable achievement! And very detailed description of how Akida was experimented, as well as a brief overview of the Akida IP.
Great reading!

See profile for Justin Kinsey

Justin Kinsey out of network3rd+President at SBT | 17 years of advising leaders in the semiconductor industry and architecting teams | from startups to F500

1d
The magnitude of this achievement cannot be overstated. This represents an ability shift in neuromorphic processing that supersedes any predecessing technology that will enable future technology advancement in unprecedented ways! Great work BrainChip

love

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nice-motor-1416b1117/

Nice Motor out of network3rd+Sales and Marketing

2d
Go Brainchip

This is the guy who reposted.
Markus May

Markus May​

--
Talks about #ai, #automation, #neuromorphic, #autonomousdriving, and #inductionhardeningTalks about hashtag ai, hashtag automation, hashtag neuromorphic, hashtag autonomousdriving, and hashtag inductionhardening

SKF Group
Germany Contact info
  • 47 followers
  • 31 connections

Reactions: 10 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
I believe I remember that Prophesee were working with Synopsys (or was it Syntiant) before they hooked up with BRN.

Can anyone support or correct my memory on this?
Synsense

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Boab

This is the guy who reposted.
Markus May

Markus May​

--
Talks about #ai, #automation, #neuromorphic, #autonomousdriving, and #inductionhardeningTalks about hashtag ai, hashtag automation, hashtag neuromorphic, hashtag autonomousdriving, and hashtag inductionhardening

SKF Group
Germany Contact info
  • 47 followers
  • 31 connections
SKF are precision bearing manufacturers and use a hand held device for vibration analysis.
Akida could do this full time so nothing gets missed.
Endless possibilities.
SKF.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
Hi Cosors,

Here's my explanation:

Binary stochastic neurons (BSN’s) form an integral part of many machine learning algorithms, motivating the development of hardware accelerators for this complex function. It has been recognized that hardware BSN’s can be implemented using low barrier magnets (LBM’s) by minimally modifying presentday magnetoresistive random access memory (MRAM) devices. A crucial parameter that determines the response of these LBM based BSN designs is the correlation time of magnetization, τc. In this letter, we show that for magnets with low energy barriers (∆ ≈ kBT and below), circular disk magnets with in-plane magnetic anisotropy (IMA) lead to τc values that are two orders of magnitude smaller compared to τc for magnets having perpendicular magnetic anisotropy (PMA) and provide analytical descriptions. We show that this striking difference in τc is due to a precession-like fluctuation mechanism that is enabled by the large demagnetization field in IMA magnets. We provide a detailed energy-delay performance evaluation of previously proposed BSN designs based on Spin-Transfer-Torque (STT) MRAM and Spin-Orbit-Torque (SOT) MRAM employing low barrier circular IMA magnets by SPICE simulations. The designs exhibit sub-ns response times leading to energy requirements of ∼a few fJ to evaluate the BSN function, orders of magnitude lower than digital CMOS implementations with a much larger footprint. While modern MRAM technology is based on PMA magnets, results in this paper suggest that low barrier circular IMA magnets may be more suitable for this application.
In PMA, the thermal noise makes the magnetization fluctuate randomly anywhere on the Bloch sphere, while in IMA the large demagnetization field restricts the fluctuations to an in-plane precession-like fluctuations making it much faster.
In low barrier IMA magnets when thermal noise kicks the magnetization out-of-plane, due to the presence of large orthogonal demagnetization field HD the in-plane magnetization starts precessing. If we consider an ensemble of such magnets each with a different precession frequency due to thermal noise, the average magnetization vector would quickly dissipate.

Well actually I pinched it from:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1902.03650v1.pdf

I'm guessing that it is to do with the alignment of the magnetic dipoles, but this technology is outside my experience.

However, it is interesting that the wheel has turned full circle s far as magnet memories are concerned. Before silicon, early computer memory bits were stored in ferrite rings with two control wires and a sensing wire.

PS: I would like to join the ViNO group.
PPS: Is taking your feet in your hands the German equivalent of bootstrapping?
Thanks for the explanation that put me on the right track. No wonder UVA/ViNO is interested in Akida.

"

IEDM: Magnetic RAM debuts as 28nm embedded NVM

November 18, 2016
A number of magnetic RAM developments are set to be reported at the International Electron Devices Meeting coming up in San Francisco from December 3 - 7, 2016 by teams from Samsung, Toshiba, SK Hynix and others.
A team drawn from Samsung R&D and Samsung's LSI business unit are apparently going to present the same information twice once in the main program and once in poster session dedicated to MEMS development.
The topic of both the oral presentation and the poster presentation is an 8Mbit spin-torque transfer MRAM embedded in a 28nm CMOS logic manufacturing process. The title of the main presentation – paper 27.2 – describes the circuit as "highly functional and reliable." The abstract adds that a novel integration, material stack and patterning technologies have been used to embed the perpendicular magnetic tunnel junction memory cell array into the copper metal back end without open fails and without severe degradation of the magnetic properties.
The perpendicular MTJ (pMTJ) uses a MgO/CoFeB stack to achieve a tunnel magnetoresistance value of 180 percent after full integration. Ion beam etching was used to reduce short fails below 1ppm. It will be interesting to see what the implications of IBE are for production throughput. The embed MRAM macro has a side sensing margin and retains information at 85 degrees C for 10 years, the abstract states.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170303130002/http://www.analog-eetimes.com/news/iedm-magnetic-ram-debuts-28nm-embedded-nvm

PS: If it's about you personally then I can imagine that very well. When it comes to ViNO they just jumped into bed with Brainchip via UVA I think.

PSS: For us, putting our feet/leg up means something other than bootstrapping. It is more simply mean and just means to take something in hand, to tackle it, to hurry up. In French I think it means to put your legs around your neck.

bootstrapping?
1691739209653.png

Münchhausen pulls himself and his horse out of the swamp by the pigtail

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Frangipani

Regular
SKF are precision bearing manufacturers and use a hand held device for vibration analysis.
Akida could do this full time so nothing gets missed.
Endless possibilities.
View attachment 41795

My guess is, this is the same Markus May that I googled earlier this year:

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-285299

While I can’t access his LinkedIn page without signing in, I’d assume he is primarily an enthusiastic retail shareholder like most of us (and probably reading/posting here on TSE as well), which obviously doesn’t exclude the possibility that he has been singing Akida’s praises to his employer and got the relevant SKF staff intrigued.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

rgupta

Regular
In the article I posted earlier it stated....
'A development kit offering compatibility between the Snapdragon platform and Metavision sensors is expected this year.'
Pure speculation, but are they waiting for Akida 2.0????
To me the important factor is what the NDA says and why the two companies sign the same. May be the other company wants to take full benefit of not disclosing upto the end moment and in between trying to tap some new customers and new markets.

Dyor

Reactions: 3 users
So many different ways and so many different companies for BRN to earn a dollar or 3.
View attachment 41787
AI Labs post daily on Linkedin. Considering it already been disclosed that the Minsky AI engine can work seamlessly with AKIDA, I don't understand why they wouldn't use it to their advantage by including reference to Brainchip AKIDA on their posts. Its not as though its a secret, or could it be that AKIDA is not used in their current offering?

Reactions: 2 users
My guess is, this is the same Markus May that I googled earlier this year:

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-285299

While I can’t access his LinkedIn page without signing in, I’d assume he is primarily an enthusiastic retail shareholder like most of us (and probably reading/posting here on TSE as well), which obviously doesn’t exclude the possibility that he has been singing Akida’s praises to his employer and got the relevant SKF staff intrigued.
Your Markus May isn't bald :)

1691743761502.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

rgupta

Regular
AI Labs post daily on Linkedin. Considering it already been disclosed that the Minsky AI engine can work seamlessly with AKIDA, I don't understand why they wouldn't use it to their advantage by including reference to Brainchip AKIDA on their posts. Its not as though its a secret, or could it be that AKIDA is not used in their current offering?
May be akida is still not a gold standard stamped. Once the consumers start using products then may be we will get our gold standard stamp.
Mean while companies are supposed to promote their product and try to get a gold standard for their product.
The second part may be brainchip agrees that a company can promote a promote with akida inside without telling end customers that akida is inside.

Reactions: 3 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
May be akida is still not a gold standard stamped. Once the consumers start using products then may be we will get our gold standard stamp.
Mean while companies are supposed to promote their product and try to get a gold standard for their product.
The second part may be brainchip agrees that a company can promote a promote with akida inside without telling end customers that akida is inside.
gifsf.com-0028.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Frangipani

Regular
Your Markus May isn't bald :)

View attachment 41800

You need to reread my April post more carefully.

Somebody else suggested at the time that someone called Markus May commenting under a Markus Schäfer (Mercedes-Benz) LinkedIn post was in fact Dr. Markus May from Airbus, and I doubted that.

By the way, I can vouch that not all German men are called Markus, in case that thought just crossed anyone’s mind when reading my last sentence… That name and its variants (Marcus/Marc/Mark) used to be so popular in Germany, even our currency was once named Mark, remember?
🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom