BRN Discussion Ongoing

Moonshot

Regular
Found it, in the open neuromorphic community chat - run by that fellow Jason Eshgarian
View attachment 38578
Think Brainchip needs to improve the way they market to this community, they have been spamming them and they don’t like it…
E1E59F41-F542-4893-BA9A-ABF7F265D1E1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Haven’t had time to look into Relativity Space, yet, which could obviously be another/the real reason why Nandan liked this post.

Or maybe he simply did because he is a friendly “liker” just like Rob Telson appears to be…
I read the whole post . Did I miss where Brainchip was mentioned?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Galaxycar

Regular
It would be great if we could have an extraordinary AGM,Few jobs would go and we may find a direction that actual appreciates shareholders,listens,promotes revenue and full disclosure,sick of reading about MOU’s that no one knew about. We are just mushrooms with this lot in charge,sick of it.

DK6161

Regular
I never said Akida was involved. It is possible though, is it not? Just thought it was interesting. My, my, we are all a very touchy bunch this morning aren't we? Take your eyes off the sp and have some faith and conviction in your investment decisions either way. dear lord.
So we just going to post anything and say Akida may or maynot be involved?
Ok then, post away. Keep us all excited about things that may or may not contain Akida.
Re: SP. Easier said than done matey.

Reactions: 4 users

DK6161

Regular
Just saw one of our our employees that I follow on instagram liking Kim Kadarshian's post.
Now I am not saying she must be involved with Akida. But I am not saying she is NOT invovled at all.
To me this is exciting news regardless.
Anyway no need to keep your eyes on her insta page or our SP.
DYOR YMMV

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Busy on the road today with clients so not checked much but by look of SP probs not a bad thing I guess.

Anyway, just surfing some keywords and hadn't see this paper from mid last year.

Nothing special per se on Akida however has a nice little comparison table that was interesting.

Obviously with 2.0 we now also have a few more strings so to speak.

One author from Intel and another from BMW research.

Original paper HERE

Neuromorphic computing hardware and neural
architectures forrobotics
Yulia Sandamirskaya1
*, Mohsen Kaboli2,3
, Jorg Conradt4
, Tansu Celikel5

Neuromorphic Computing Lab, Intel, Munich, Germany. 2
BMW Group, Department of Research, New Technol-
ogies and Innovation, Munich, Germany. 3
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behavior, Radboud University,
Nijmegen, Netherlands. 4
Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), School of Electrical Engineering and Computer
Science, Stockholm, Sweden. 5Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA.

Neuromorphic hardware enables fast and power-efficient neural network–based artificial intelligence that is well
suited to solving robotic tasks. Neuromorphic algorithms can be further developed following neural computing
principles and neural network architectures inspired by biological neural systems. In this Viewpoint, we provide
an overview of recent insights from neuroscience that could enhance signal processing in artificial neural networks
on chip and unlock innovative applications in robotics and autonomous intelligent systems. These insights
uncover computing principles, primitives, and algorithms on different levels of abstraction and call for more
research into the basis of neural computation and neuronally inspired computing hardware

IMG_20230619_192722.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
This may be old, but did anyone noted, there are neuromorphic hardware inside the Mercedes's VISION AVTR? Although it's doesn't mention BrainChip back then.

"The neuro-inspired approach of the VISION AVTR, including so-called neuromorphic hardware, promises to minimise the energy requirements of sensors, chips and other components to a few watts."

Screenshot_20230619_212249_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Mercedes VISION AVTR debut January 2020. The VISION EQXX debut January 2022.
What are the chance of Neuromorphic computing inside the VISION One Eleven? 🤔

Learning 🏖

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Just saw one of our our employees that I follow on instagram liking Kim Kadarshian's post.
Now I am not saying she must be involved with Akida. But I am not saying she is NOT invovled at all.
To me this is exciting news regardless.
Anyway no need to keep your eyes on her insta page or our SP.
DYOR YMMV

Akida is carrying out vibration analysis on her butt.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

robsmark

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

schuey

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Found it, in the open neuromorphic community chat - run by that fellow Jason Eshgarian
View attachment 38578
Hi Moonshot,

Thanks for digging this out.

I don't know Jason's site.

I think Yen should do what I do with Ikea flatpacks - when all else fails, read the instructions.

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
Busy on the road today with clients so not checked much but by look of SP probs not a bad thing I guess.

Anyway, just surfing some keywords and hadn't see this paper from mid last year.

Nothing special per se on Akida however has a nice little comparison table that was interesting.

Obviously with 2.0 we now also have a few more strings so to speak.

One author from Intel and another from BMW research.

Original paper HERE

Neuromorphic computing hardware and neural
architectures forrobotics
Yulia Sandamirskaya1
*, Mohsen Kaboli2,3
, Jorg Conradt4
, Tansu Celikel5

Neuromorphic Computing Lab, Intel, Munich, Germany. 2
BMW Group, Department of Research, New Technol-
ogies and Innovation, Munich, Germany. 3
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behavior, Radboud University,
Nijmegen, Netherlands. 4
Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), School of Electrical Engineering and Computer
Science, Stockholm, Sweden. 5Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA.

Neuromorphic hardware enables fast and power-efficient neural network–based artificial intelligence that is well
suited to solving robotic tasks. Neuromorphic algorithms can be further developed following neural computing
principles and neural network architectures inspired by biological neural systems. In this Viewpoint, we provide
an overview of recent insights from neuroscience that could enhance signal processing in artificial neural networks
on chip and unlock innovative applications in robotics and autonomous intelligent systems. These insights
uncover computing principles, primitives, and algorithms on different levels of abstraction and call for more
research into the basis of neural computation and neuronally inspired computing hardware

View attachment 38586
Funny we didn't get a giraffe stamp or an SNN stamp.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
From a late 2022 paper / presso at the IJCNN conference.

Was just a pick up on the robotics aspect given who we chatting to shortly on the podcast.

Original HERE

CARLsim 6: An Open Source Library for
Large-Scale, Biologically Detailed Spiking Neural Network Simulation
Lars Niedermeier∗
, Kexin Chen†
, Jinwei Xing†
, Anup Das§
, Jeffrey Kopsick¶
Eric Scott∥
, Nate Sutton∗∗, Killian Weber‡
, Nikil Dutt†‡ and Jeffrey L. Krichmar†‡
∗Niedermeier Consulting, Zurich, ZH, Switzerland
†Department of Cognitive Sciences, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
‡Department of Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
§Electrical and Computer Engineering, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA
¶Interdepartmental Program in Neuroscience, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA
∥Evolutionary Computation Laboratory, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA
∗∗Bioengineering Department, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA
Correspondence Email: jkrichma@uci.edu

B. Compatibility with Neuromorphic Hardware

One of NVIDIA’s keys to success was the cost reduction of GPU chips through mass production of their graphics cards
for computer games, which ultimately led to their leading role today in supercomputing and artificial intelligence.

As a consequence, GPUs still outperform neuromorphic hardware, especially for large scale models [28], but this comes at a significant energy cost. On the other hand, low power neuromorphic chips (e.g., Intel’s Loihi 2 and BrainChip’s Akida) have attained product level maturity, which makes them the primary choice for cloud edge devices and autonomous robots. The contribution of PyCARL [5] allows not only the development of models for such neuromorphic hardware but also to ensure spike timing when the SNNs are transferred to neuromorphic chips.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi learning,

MB were using neuromorphic before Akida - that is how they knew Akida was 5 to 10 times better.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Labsy

Regular
Not to state the obvious, but Monday next is start of new financial year. Hopefully everyone has finished their selling at a loss... and we turn corner finally... stupid ass douche bags, ATO is all over it and watching closely. Trust me.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Thought I'd have a look at Prophesee as not done so for awhile.

Even though we know they're a partner and maybe been posted before but I personally hadn't seen it.

Nice we are on "their" partner page (y)

PARTNERS​

IMG_20230619_233306.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Kozikan

Regular
What a team ... nice work Jesse and hairy toes ( spa party co-ordinator) :love:... love ya work

Great news! finally we are getting some traction... Nintendo ... yes please 🙏🙏🙏

Would be great to hear some news regarding Mercedes .. Just a gut feeling(warm & fuzzy) :) but I 100% do believe we ARE in with these guys BIG TIME!! and something will appear very soon!!!

Time will tell !?

Good night from a very wet Perth ☔☔

• Wow
Top Bottom