BRN Discussion Ongoing

rgupta

Regular
Agree, much lip service payed towards green concepts atm, but this will change as younger staff progress in their careers, become more influential and practical implications become more noticeable. As we gradually become integrated into systems and prove our dependability, reliability and versatility, our efficiency dividend will become measurable, and engineers who love both efficiency and elegance will incorporate us more naturally and with less hesitation in their future designs.
I was watching last NVIDIA prestations on YouTube and Jensen was quite vocal about big processors and how green is new NVIDIA GPU is which consumes only 580 watts while the other consume 1 kWh.
NVIDIA is selling their business as data centres are new computers.
We are selling our business with micro to milliwatts of energy consumption but NVIDIA is still green coz they can keep all the raw data for you even if you need that or not??
To me greed is at its peak at the stake of environment.
Dyor

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Without committing some time and energy to research Akida, I think it is difficult for most to understand just what we do.

Making processes more efficient by reducing bandwidth requirements, energy consumption and doing some computation prior to transferring data up the chain all sounds good and worthwhile, but for the mainstream, it's just a bit HoHum.

Most people generally don't care much about the inner workings of their tech. They just want results. They respond to something that works noticeably better, faster or cheaper.
For this to happen we would need some product with both a wide application and low barriers to participation where people could have a firsthand experience of our efficiency and efficacy. The covid detector could have been a great platform for us as well as a boon to society.

I asked Sean after the AGM for his opinion of just what might be our killer Ap and he said Automotive.

This does make sense from the perspective of showcasing our many benefits including our ability of independent operation when there is no cloud connectivity.
And, over time, many people will have this experience first hand as vehicle fleets are upgraded.
But, as we now know to our chagrin, this will not happen quickly.

I think, that for the most part, most people won't know that Akida tech is a part of their user experience of whatever tech they happen to be using at the time. Peter VDM pointed to his phone at the AGM and stated that, of the dozens of chips therein, most people would not know they were ARM enabled. This was in response to the oft suggested idea of having 'AKIDA INSIDE' labels on everything we are a part off.

Also look to the changed style of our website. Gone are the cute robots designed to have mainstream appeal and the shift of emphasis to professionalism and promotion of the technical details which are more likely to be of interest to fellow engineers and people involved in complimentary operations.

Basically, at this stage of the game anyway, we are not chasing mainstream eyeballs, but rather, just those relatively few, educated, influential and commercially connected persons, who may recognise and grasp the opportunity for enhancement and advancement, lending them greater commercial viability, that we represent.
HP, totally agree.
There are customers/consumers out there that are 'scared' of AI, so in general, other terms are being used.
I specifically refer to APPLE'S latest launch where AI was not mentioned.

APPLE sell billions of products, so why risk losing customers by spruiking AI, when customers buy APPLE products because that is what they know and trust, and it does what they want. As you say, most don't care why it does what it does, as long as it does it!
So, in my view, investors who want to hear about AKIDA being incorporated in products here, there and everywhere, will be disappointed.
So until the world sees AI as a great beneficial technology, and fully embraces it, I don't believe that it will be spruiked from the mountain tops by individual companies who choose to use our technology.
We must all be patient and 'watch the financials'.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Helium isn't hot air, but it has a similar effect:

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/102102/0103/What-is-Helium-#:~:text=Arm Helium technology is the M-Profile Vector Extension,Learning (ML) and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) applications.

ML is a subset of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Helium helps to boost Matrix Multiplication operations, which are the foundation of Convolutional Neural Networks or Classical based Machine Learning kernels.

Applications that can be greatly accelerated by Helium are Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) and Complex Dot Product as there are specific instructions which help implement these calculations

Applications that can be greatly accelerated by Helium are Fast Fourier Transform (FFT).

Now where did we hear the term Fast Fourier Transform before? Oh, that's right, the Ninteno patent.🥳

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 1.07.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 1.07.33 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Applications that can be greatly accelerated by Helium are Fast Fourier Transform (FFT).

Now where did we hear the term Fast Fourier Transform before? Oh, that's right, the Ninteno patent.🥳

View attachment 38531

View attachment 38530
Here's a little song I wrote.
I'm gonna sing it to you note by note:

A microphone has a membrane which reverberates in response to the air pressure variations caused by sound. Sound can be broken down to a whole series of sine waves (Fourier Transform). An ADC samples the instantaneous amplitude combined signal at a bit over twice the rated frequency. Higher frequencies are blocked by a low pass filter.

The speed of travel of sound is independent of frequency - a 1 kHz wave travels at the same speed as a 4 kHz wave (750 mph) you just get more waves in the same distance. This also explains the doppler effect. The wavelength is compressed by an approaching sound source, and stretched out by a receding source.

Similarly in a wireless phone, the speed of propagation is constant and independent of the frequency of the carrier signal.
Modulation in digital wireless is a bit more complex.

Assume we use 8-bit modulation to represent the instantaneous amplitude od the samples analog signals. We have a stream of 8-bit bytes made up of ones and zeros, but we can't send these bytes as is over RF. so we convert them to RF pulses - a few cycles of RF carrier for 1s and none for 0s.

The carrier frequency can be Mega Hz, the higher the frequency, the closer the bits can be packed. This allows for time compression of speech in packets of bytes at the transmitter. This means that the wireless speech packet only uses a small part of the time available on the carrier wavelength, so other message packets can be fitted into the same carrier. This is Time Division Multiplexing. Each packet has a label so it can be reassembled at the receiver with other packets from the same message.

Again, the speed of propagation of radio waves (186,000 mph) is independent of the frequency of the carrier wave.

At the receiver, the packets of the message are decompressed and reassembled into the digital bytes.

The digital bytes can then be converted to audio via a DAC to be fed to a speaker

Don't worry,
Be happy!

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

manny100

Regular
Our Patent expansion worldwide with many, many Patents currently awaiting examination, if granted will narrow the channel even
further for current players and emerging players, the question is, how many ways are there to achieve what Peter, Anil and teams have
created to this point, if it was as easy as that, many companies would already be boasting that they have achieved Edge AI on a grand
scale, but all I hear is talk, we may be in the same category at this current point in time, but the IBM's, the Qualcomm's, the Intel's etc
are all in the same boat, who has the code to crack open the future, the race is on, are we still in front, who really knows.

This future pie will be shared between many, as in my opinion, many are already sleeping with the enemy, so to speak, as we have all
learnt, many companies have something to bring to the table, so letting go of egos, or power plays will smooth the runway to success
for all.

Brainchip has "proven" technology that the others don't, we can both benefit through mutual co-operation, keeping the doors open
will ultimately benefit us all.

That's why our growing partnership list is so important, it's the clients of clients of clients that ultimately builds a huge network of
solid trust between all parties concerned.

Thanks to all the dedicated researchers still contributing to this forum, I and many others appreciate all your efforts, cheers.

Tech (y)
Agree, we certainly have a 2 plus year lead over other potential entrants who are still in research.
Once they think they have it right as Sean said recently its a long journey to then get it to market. So our lead could easily be 3 years.
That is our major risk.
We need to be in in commercial use and growing rapidly before we see genuine competition appear.
As Sean said once we are in a product we will be in for many future generations of that product.
I am confident that AKIDA will be in products being commercially available by year end or shortly thereafter with revenue to follow.
At the moment the market is reflecting the above risk in our current SP.
Markets are fueled by expectation and as we get closer to year end these expectations will be reflected in the SP.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

jtardif999

Regular
I was watching last NVIDIA prestations on YouTube and Jensen was quite vocal about big processors and how green is new NVIDIA GPU is which consumes only 580 watts while the other consume 1 kWh.
We are selling our business with micro to milliwatts of energy consumption but NVIDIA is still green coz they can keep all the raw data for you even if you need that or not??
Dyor
Patience will win out though, Nvidia can plug the crap out of their GPUs but ultimately GPUs are old tech and have a limited capacity in the ensuing AI future - moving away from large compute to doing most of it outside of the data centre. There’s so much hype around LLMs and Nvidia are cashing in on the compute required, but it is not a sustainable model and will need a revamp. I think this will kill Von Neumann quicker, actually as it will be excessive to maintain in its current form. On the other hand we are hiding at the edge supporting the infrastructure required to compute there and ultimately this is where the majority of compute (for LLMs and everything else) will go. AIMO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
You little beauty Dio

🍻🍻🍻🐎🐎🐎🍻🍻🍻

4FC62F7D-A30F-426E-8A8B-E3901CA0D67A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26 users

manny100

Regular
Interesting Mega Chips (MC) integrating AKIDA.
A customer of MC is Qualcomm who evidently supply to Prophesse.
At around the 11 min mark of the Understanding AI video interview (day after AGM) when talking about Tech partnerships Sean said
"if you want to work with a Prophesse camera you want to know it works well with Brainchip."
Its all slowly falling into place but Sean and his team cannot say much because of the NDAs.

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Dyor
NVIDIA GPUs are definitely not green because the nvidia gpu I use (350 watts) is enough to substitute not having a heater in my room on winter nights.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 118

A microphone has a membrane which reverberates in response to the air pressure variations caused by sound. Sound can be broken down to a whole series of sine waves (Fourier Transform). An ADC samples the instantaneous amplitude combined signal at a bit over twice the rated frequency. Higher frequencies are blocked by a low pass filter.

The speed of travel of sound is independent of frequency - a 1 kHz wave travels at the same speed as a 4 kHz wave (750 mph) you just get more waves in the same distance. This also explains the doppler effect. The wavelength is compressed by an approaching sound source, and stretched out by a receding source.

Similarly in a wireless phone, the speed of propagation is constant and independent of the frequency of the carrier signal.

Assume we use 8-bit modulation to represent the instantaneous amplitude od the samples analog signals. We have a stream of 8-bit bytes made up of ones and zeros, but we can't send these bytes as is over RF. so we convert them to RF pulses - a few cycles of RF carrier for 1s and none for 0s.

The carrier frequency can be Mega Hz, the higher the frequency, the closer the bits can be packed. This allows for time compression of speech in packets of bytes at the transmitter. This means that the wireless speech packet only uses a small part of the time available on the carrier wavelength, so other message packets can be fitted into the same carrier. This is Time Division Multiplexing. Each packet has a label so it can be reassembled at the receiver with other packets from the same message.

Again, the speed of propagation of radio waves (186,000 mph) is independent of the frequency of the carrier wave.

At the receiver, the packets of the message are decompressed and reassembled into the digital bytes.

The digital bytes can then be converted to audio via a DAC to be fed to a speaker

Don't worry,
Be happy!
Nice poem FF

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Don't worry,
Be happy!
That's a lovely little ditty Dodgy-Knees! Imagine how cool it would be if you could get Kylie Minogue to sing it. I'm pretty sure it would go straight to number 1 on the pop charts.

I just wish I knew what the lyrics actually meant.🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
That's a lovely little ditty Dodgy-Knees! Imagine how cool it would be if you could get Kylie Minogue to sing it. I'm pretty sure it would go straight to number 1 on the pop charts.

I just wish I knew what the lyrics actually meant.🥴
Kylie-Meknees

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

rgupta

Regular

Baisyet

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TECH

Regular
It definitely wasn't Fact Finders poem (Fact)

But it did sound like the type of response Peter would have written if asked a specific technical question from an engineer.

In my opinion of course....Tech :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Xray1

Regular
Yes, but why is that and what will it take to get mainstream enthusiasm for BRN. Our team cleverly started positioning in the AI space well before the current buzz around AI yet we constantly appear to be overlooked. I hope this type of commentary does not reflect what our potential customers and industry participants think of AKIDA. Uptake of GEN 2 needs to be significant and rapid once it's fully released in the next couple of months. Looking forward to the next GEN 2 announcement.
I agree with your post .............. But imo, I suppose that all investors / shareholders and potential customers are essentially now waiting for the Akida 1500 and 2000 roll outs to be fully bench tested to make sure that they are fully functional and compliant to Co and end user specifications ... let's hope, that there a no hiccups along the way that Anil can't control.

Reactions: 8 users

GDJR69

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

Shadow59

Regular
Just for a laugh, just now logged into Commsec and BRN
lol.JPG
screen

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users