BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Extending Moore's law - one chiplet at the time!

At the Global Semiconductor Alliance's #EEF2023, Intel Foundry's Luca De Ambroggi, shared that already in 1965 Gordon Moore, an Intel founder who passed away just months ago, envisioned the concept of #chiplets.

Later at the panel dedicated to this important subject, I asked: "What has hindered the realization of chiplets thus far, and what needs to be resolved for this vision to become a reality now?"

Luca stressed the crucial role of standardization in connecting designs from different sources, using UCIe as an example.

Sean Hehir from BrainChip brought up an intriguing point: the newer generation of engineers might be more receptive to the chiplet concept. I'd fully agree that the current generation faces multiple challenges that necessitate considering chiplets as an imperative solution.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 118

So brainchip still has 3 patents pending. So If you look on the right it shows what is and what hasn’t been approved to date. Nice as easy site to navigate companies patents and basic info on the patent. So very easy to see what companies we a partnered or linked too patents.

Megachips also has a patent pending which I guess is something to do we us.

DB2E5383-2E4D-41F3-947C-EEC346A98294.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Draed

Regular
So brainchip still has 3 patents pending. So If you look on the right it shows what is and what hasn’t been approved to date. Nice as easy site to navigate companies patents and basic info on the patent. So very easy to see what companies we a partnered or linked too patents.

Megachips also has a patent pending which I guess is something to do we us.

View attachment 38484

Could this be one of the hold ups on revenue?

I don't know much about patent law, but will a company sell their product when pending patent, or do they wait till its finally approved?

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Experience the future of elderly care with Tejas Health 360 by Teksun Inc. It is equipped with radar-based and Bluetooth-based sensors.

This cutting-edge device monitors vital signs such as heart rate, HRV, oxygen saturation, blood pressure, and stress levels.

Ensure the well-being of your elders and dearest with proactive health and safety care.

Take control of their health today. Click here to discover Tejas Health 360 and provide the best care possible.

View attachment 38482

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Teach22

Regular

Very telling that the (supposed) only AI pure play on the asx isn't joining in on this rally.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

robsmark

Regular

I don't know much about patent law, but will a company sell their product when pending patent, or do they wait till its finally approved?
You can definitely buy a product with a patent pending, I’ve purchased stuff before with it stamped on it. Whether or not considered acceptable at that level, I’m not sure.

Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
They are free to start commercializing as soon as the patent application is filed.

• Fire
  • Love
D

Deleted member 118

I use many items in my job that are patent pending so I guess not.

Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Telsa is close to achieving fully autonomous vehicles. Do you think that means Elon is waiting to receive his back-order of AKIDA 1500's from MegaChips?
Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 12.21.17 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 12.07.18 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 12.06.59 pm.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Draed

Regular
I use many items in my job that are patent pending so I guess not.
Hmmm yeah I wonder. Like what the risk is releasing a product like Akida inside, patent pending, that could potentially not be approved. Especially if it's to be ubiquitous. I see the patent pending sign on products, but I often think that's just a selling point for non disruptive technologies, or simple products. Worst case scenario would be a patent not granted and suddenly its open season on ripping off the technology and repackaging it. Obviously this is a complex area, but I wonder if megachips and others want to have their patents approved before marketing and active selling. It would explain why time to market and time to revenue is taking longer than expected.

Reactions: 4 users
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230617_140814_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hmmm yeah I wonder. Like what the risk is releasing a product like Akida inside, patent pending, that could potentially not be approved. Especially if it's to be ubiquitous. I see the patent pending sign on products, but I often think that's just a selling point for non disruptive technologies, or simple products. Worst case scenario would be a patent not granted and suddenly its open season on ripping off the technology and repackaging it. Obviously this is a complex area, but I wonder if megachips and others want to have their patents approved before marketing and active selling. It would explain why time to market and time to revenue is taking longer than expected.
Of course, whilst we Brainchip investors may view the world through our particular version of rose coloured glasses I think there are perhaps many reasons why our desired progress of both time to market and associated revenue is taking longer than many of us hoped for and expected.

I think many of us just got it wrong and had perhaps unrealistic expectations of the design and implementation cycle timelines and further, that our assumptions and enthusiasm were probably erroneously turbo charged by the MB announcement and subsequent spike in share price valuation.
We live and hopefully learn. 🤣

Whilst waiting for patents to provide adequate legal protection may be a factor, I think there are many others adding to the uncertainty weighing on both local and global markets and the speed of adoption.

A few examples of which, being............

The ongoing threat of disruption caused by Covid which may again metamorphose into a disease causing further lockdowns and interruptions to supply chains, let alone the toll on personal and public labour.

The ongoing and systemic supply chain deficiencies revealed and exacerbated by the effects of 2-3 years of a rolling global pandemic which are still being digested and reacted to, by the system.

The current and as yet unknown outcome of the Ukraine/Russian conflict whereby one nuclear armed entity is engaged in kinetic dispute with a highly motivated and engaged group who are supplied and supported by another.

The sustained downward economic stimulus being applied by many of the central banking systems in their efforts to restrain inflation pushing economies towards recession.

Both the political and economic emphasis being applied on a worldwide scale in an effort to address climate change.

The reallocation of resources required for the remediation and restitution efforts being applied systemically because of existing problems and damage caused by said climate change.

The readjustment of geopolitical boundaries brought about by the ascension of China and its stated goal of reassuming control over Taiwan thereby pitting itself directly and unequivocally against USA and her allies.

The growing political and economic division within America and the impact that her increasing isolationism will have on the vacuum created in the international sphere.

The growing economic and political stress being placed on many Western countries by the demographic bulge as a changing of the guard is initiated by us baby boomers as we progress out of active employment and positions of influence into retirement and indolent indulgence. 🤣

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love

IloveLamp

Top 20
Reactions: 5 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Here is a page with the CVPR schedule.
It is on this coming week.
Scroll down the page and there are papers and posters you can click on also.

https://tub-rip.github.io/eventvision2023/

Our man Nandan is in session 4.
It says it is the Industrial session and speakers have been invited to speak.
I assume they do each talk one after the other.

Session #4 (16:00 h, Vancouver time)

• Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom