BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Ahhhhhh, Cerence. It won't be long now, I hope!

Cerence's "Immersive Companion" for in-car voice assistant is going to be rolled out sometime in FY23/24 and I personally can't wait to check all of the finer details.

Intriguingly, this Cerence Linkedin post was liked Heiner Kruessman CSO at Vivoka. We've partnered with Teksun and Vivoka partnered with Teksun recently too.

It's a veritable smorgasbord of dots.

View attachment 37550

View attachment 37547
"A smorgasbord of dots"

Hundreds and thousands?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Moonshot

Regular
This is a bit of homework this morning.

Today partnership with CVEDIA is quite interesting.

CVEDIA is a private company, base in the UK. Started in 2018. The lead investor is FLIR Sytems who is now acquired by Teledyne Technology (ticket symbols TDY nasdaq) for 8 Billion in 2021. So in essence, technology development through CVEDIA would end up within Teledyne Technology. 😊

View attachment 37139

Teledyne is a Giant. Just saying 😎

Learning 🏖 (JMHO-DYOR)
This is awesome - look at what FLIR does - Infared cameras and sensors. An ideal customer I’d say!

Teledyne FLIR Company History​

The Global Leader in the Design, Manufacture and Marketing of Thermal Imaging Infrared Cameras​

Established as FLIR Systems in 1978 to pioneer the development of high-performance, low-cost infrared (thermal) imaging systems for airborne applications. Thermal imaging systems detect the infrared energy (heat) that is emitted by all people, objects and materials. Infrared cameras allow the operator to see in total darkness, adverse weather and through such air pollutants as smoke and haze.

Toward the end of the 1980s, FLIR began to leverage its experience in infrared imaging technology to develop hand-held and laboratory systems for a variety of commercial applications that required not only superior image quality, but also the ability to detect and measure temperature differences. This effort accelerated with the acquisition of the industrial infrared imaging group from the Hughes Aircraft Co. in 1990.

The acquisition of Agema (Sweden) in 1998 and of Inframetrics (Boston, MA) in mid-1999 provided FLIR engineering teams and sales and support infrastructure that accelerated FLIR’s success in commercial thermal imaging markets. Together, Agema and Inframetrics represented over 60 years of significant infrared camera development and thermography applications expertise. Agema developed the first commercial infrared scanner, designed for powerline inspections, in 1965, the first battery-operated portable infrared scanner in 1973, the first dual-wavelength system capable of real-time analog recording for R&D markets in 1978, and the first uncooled infrared camera, the Agema 570, and 1997. Inframetrics, also a pioneer in commercial infrared cameras and thermography training, developed the first TV-compatible infrared system in 1975 and the first full-featured camcorder-style focal plane array (FPA) infrared camera in 1995.

In 2003, FLIR acquired Indigo Systems, a leading developer and supplier of a wide range of infrared imaging products, including cooled and uncooled infrared detectors, camera cores, and finished cameras.

Ever since, FLIR has invested in numerous adjacent markets, technologies, and products to expand its sensor solution set and its ability to service a broader set of customers. These investments have enabled significant growth in revenue and unit volumes, which has helped reduce the cost, and thus end user prices, of the products. This has resulted in dramatic increases in customers as well as increased global awareness of the power of thermal technology.

Acquired by Teledyne Technologies in 2021, FLIR has rebranded as Teledyne FLIR. Teledyne FLIR operates in many locations around the globe and employs a total of over 3,000 dedicated employees.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Hi BRN Fam,

Anyone else signing up/signed up for the ARM IPO ? (Which I believe is expected to be before September 2023)

Never personally been involved in an IPO before. Just looking for thoughts/advice from fellow chippers as to firstly, does this look legit?

Thoughts on the prospects etc. I am speculating because of the kind of partnership BRN have with Arm.

I just think the stock might go gang busters in a few years.

Below is extract from the email from Goldman Knox.

We currently have a very limited amount existing Pre-IPO stock available in Arm Ltd at a valuation of $27 Billion.

The share price is $14.20 USD per share.

The maximum allocation available is 50,000 shares @ $14.20 = $710,000.00 USD.
The minimum that a client can acquire is 750 shares @ $14.20 = $10,650.00 USD.

The IPO price at the listing will be around $18.50 to $22.50 and they are targeting June/July to float..

PS: I am a new member here, but I have been following this group for quite some time and HC before that. thanks everyone for all the valueable insights provided on this platform, it is very much appreciated.

HC

Attachments

• Arm-IPO-Brochure.pdf
    707.7 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: 1 users

cassip

Regular
NVDA needs more chip capacity to feed the AI monster.

And NVDA needs a domestic (US) supplier of chips to comply with and benefit from the Chips Act.

Intel to the rescue?

And power saving chips preferred. (My take)

Any suggestions?

Intel Demos Meteor Lake's AI Acceleration for PCs, Details VPU Unit​

For Computex 2023, Intel announced new details about its new AI-focused VPU silicon that will debut in the company's new Meteor Lake chips. The company also outlined its efforts to enable the AI ecosystem for its upcoming Meteor Lake chips. Intel plans to release the Meteor Lake processors, it's first to use a blended chiplet-based design that leverages both Intel and TSMC tech in one package, by the end of the year. The chips will land in laptops first, focusing on power efficiency and performance in local AI workloads, but different versions of the design will also come to desktop PCs.

....The focus here is the VPU unit, but don't let the first image, which is Intel's simplified illustration it shared for today's announcement, mislead you -- the entire tile is not dedicated to the VPU. Instead, it is an SoC tile with various other functions, like I/O, VPU, GNA cores, memory controllers, and other functions. This tile is fabbed on TSMC's N6 process but bears the Intel SoC architecture and VPU cores. The VPU unit doesn't consume this entire die area, which is good -- that would mean Intel was employing nearly 30% of its die area to what will be a not-frequently used unit, at least at first. However, as we'll cover below, it will take some time before developers enable the application ecosystem needed to make full use of the VPU cores.....

The VPU is designed for sustained AI workloads, but Meteor Lake also includes a CPU, GPU, and GNA engine that can run various AI workloads. Intel's Intel says the VPU is primarily for background tasks, while the GPU steps in for heavier parallelized work. Meanwhile, the CPU addresses light low-latency inference work. Some AI workloads can also run on both the VPU and GPU simultaneously, and Intel has enabled mechanisms that allow developers to target the different compute layers based on the needs of the application at hand. This will ultimately result in higher performance at lower power -- a key goal of using the AI acceleration VPU.

Intel's chips currently use the GNA block for low-power AI inference for audio and video processing functions, and the GNA unit will remain on Meteor Lake. However, Intel says it is already running some of the GNA-focused code on the VPU and achieving better results, with a heavy implication that Intel will transition to the VPU entirely with future chips and remove the GNA engine.

Intel also disclosed that Meteor Lake has a coherent fabric that enables a unified memory subsystem, meaning it can easily share data among the compute elements. This is a key functionality that is similar in concept to other contenders in the CPU AI space, like Apple with its M-series and AMD's Ryzen 7040 chips.

The industry will face similar challenges in bringing AI acceleration to modern operating systems and applications. However, having the capability to run AI workloads locally isn't worth much if developers won't support the features due to difficult proprietary implementations. The key to making it easy to support local AI workloads is the DirectML DirectX 12 acceleration libraries for machine learning, an approach championed by Microsoft and AMD. Intel's VPU supports DIrectML, but also ONNX and OpenVINO, which Intel says offers better performance on its silicon. However, ONNX and OpenVINO will require more targeted development work from software devs to extract the utmost performance.

Many of today's more intense AI workloads, such as large language models like ChatGPT and the like, require intense computational horsepower that will continue to run in data centers. However, Intel contends that it presents latency and privacy concerns, not to mention adding cost to the equation. Some AI applications, like audio, video, and image processing, will be able to be addressed locally on the PC, which Intel says will improve latency, privacy, and cost.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

The Pope

Regular
Anyone got any clue what caused the all ords to spike up at 11 am?
Yeah. The PM advised inflation is not a issue and nothing to worry about and pay rises for all. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
100% correct.

Let’s get rid of Antonio who was President and EVP of Commercial and Global development, Global Director of the ARM Foundry Program, and Executive VP of Worldwide Sales. Mr. Viana and looked after multi billion dollar contracts.

Let’s get rid of Duy Loan Le who worked at Texas Instruments for 35 years and was a senior fellow.

Let’s get rid of Nandan who also worked at ARM for a long time and most recently at a trillion dollar company AMAZON and was in charge of the adoption and roll out of Hey Alexa.

Let’s get rid of Rob Telson who was a Senior Director at Synopsys & also at ARM for 11 years as Global VP of Foundry Sales, also VP of Sales.

Let’s get rid of Sean Hehir who is a Silicon Valley Board Member and also at HP as VP of Strategic Allicances, VP of Microsoft Strategic Alliance, VP of Cisco Strategic Alliance, VP of Accenture Strategic Alliance.

Let’s get rid of Todd Vierra who was Director Field Sales Engineers at ARM for 14 years.

Let’s get rid of Chris Stephens who was at Syntiant as VP of Sales and sold edge devices.

Let’s get rid of everybody at Brainchip who works there, we need a complete reshuffle of our sales, board and management and let’s hire people who have just came out of uni, who have never sold any IP/chips in their life, who haven’t built up any professional relationships throughout the years, have no idea about the importance of an ecosystem , despite the fact that every semiconductor company has an ecosystem.

Let’s try hire people who have experience in AI and neuromorphic…..oh wait, they don’t exist because Brainchip is THE WORLDS FIRST.

Antonio said at the AGM that the pool of people is already so small within the AI space, so it’s hard enough to get people let alone the area where Brainchip occupy.

I am 100% confident paying the staff we have with bonuses.

Does anybody think Nanden or Rob or any others need to work at Brainchip with their experience? They can go and get a job with one of the top companies and have a cushy job, but they’re here at Brainchip because they’ve seen under the hood and are passionate and excited and motivated and see the potential, and want to be a part of something truly disruptive.

See what would happen is, people vote to not pay people what they’re worth, then let’s say Nanden and Chris stephens and Sean leave, and we adopt the notion of paying bonuses until after something material has surfaced to shareholders, then share price goes down even further because we don’t retain the amazing staff we have who are literally the best of the best, then people will complain that they haven’t achieved anything.

I fail to see why people cannot see the bigger picture. Brainchip is a global company competing in a global space, we need to keep up with the big boys.
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

100% correct.

Let’s get rid of Antonio who was President and EVP of Commercial and Global development, Global Director of the ARM Foundry Program, and Executive VP of Worldwide Sales. Mr. Viana and looked after multi billion dollar contracts.

Let’s get rid of Duy Loan Le who worked at Texas Instruments for 35 years and was a senior fellow.

Let’s get rid of Nandan who also worked at ARM for a long time and most recently at a trillion dollar company AMAZON and was in charge of the adoption and roll out of Hey Alexa.

Let’s get rid of Rob Telson who was a Senior Director at Synopsys & also at ARM for 11 years as Global VP of Foundry Sales, also VP of Sales.

Let’s get rid of Sean Hehir who is a Silicon Valley Board Member and also at HP as VP of Strategic Allicances, VP of Microsoft Strategic Alliance, VP of Cisco Strategic Alliance, VP of Accenture Strategic Alliance.

Let’s get rid of Todd Vierra who was Director Field Sales Engineers at ARM for 14 years.

Let’s get rid of Chris Stephens who was at Syntiant as VP of Sales and sold edge devices.

Let’s get rid of everybody at Brainchip who works there, we need a complete reshuffle of our sales, board and management and let’s hire people who have just came out of uni, who have never sold any IP/chips in their life, who haven’t built up any professional relationships throughout the years, have no idea about the importance of an ecosystem , despite the fact that every semiconductor company has an ecosystem.

Let’s try hire people who have experience in AI and neuromorphic…..oh wait, they don’t exist because Brainchip is THE WORLDS FIRST.

Antonio said at the AGM that the pool of people is already so small within the AI space, so it’s hard enough to get people let alone the area where Brainchip occupy.

I am 100% confident paying the staff we have with bonuses.

Does anybody think Nanden or Rob or any others need to work at Brainchip with their experience? They can go and get a job with one of the top companies and have a cushy job, but they’re here at Brainchip because they’ve seen under the hood and are passionate and excited and motivated and see the potential, and want to be a part of something truly disruptive.

See what would happen is, people vote to not pay people what they’re worth, then let’s say Nanden and Chris stephens and Sean leave, and we adopt the notion of paying bonuses until after something material has surfaced to shareholders, then share price goes down even further because we don’t retain the amazing staff we have who are literally the best of the best, then people will complain that they haven’t achieved anything.

I fail to see why people cannot see the bigger picture. Brainchip is a global company competing in a global space, we need to keep up with the big boys.
Nailed it … nice work Jess

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

The Pope

Regular
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

Nailed it … nice work Jess
Hi BS

I agree. Also the writing style looks familiar and I feel the presence of someone within the posts that hasn’t posted since 1 April 23. 🤪😍😜🧐

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hi BS

I agree. Also the writing style looks familiar and I feel the presence of someone within the posts that hasn’t posted since 1 April 23. 🤪😍😜🧐
Sherlock Holmes Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi BS

I think you are seeing visions again, your holiness ...

(When was the altar wine last audited ...
and who got the angel's share?)

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20

No - don't tell me - PWC.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip

I am actually auditing the wine 🍷 right now 😎👍🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 118

Hi BS

Don’t be fooled that easy it could be me

• Haha

TopCat

Regular
Here’s a link which maybe worthy of further investigation. Behr-Hella Thermocontrol won an award at CES back in January for in cabin vehicle tech. They are now joining with Emotion3d to have a joint demo in a few weeks at inCabin Brussels.

IMG_3171.jpeg
IMG_3172.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

TECH

Regular
I agree Tech, it is as I assumed some months ago.
Well, I did try to get to the bottom of the matter prior to voting, but the company held their position by referring to the released
statement, I tried another way, but the dark web would only sell me guns, nuclear warheads and prostitutes private addresses, anything
to do with Brainchip Holdings Ltd was met with a black hole, we can tell you but there's no escaping the event (based) horizon. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tech x

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cassip

Regular
No direct mention of neuromorphic or neural processing…. But found this white paper

A Generational Shift in AI
Palantir Edge AI
Technical Whitepaper — 2022

Interesting….

Many of the most valuable possible actions — whether in combat or in manufacturing — are time dependent. Shuttling data back to the cloud for processing and analysis means a high-priority target may have changed location — or an operational failure may have occurred. The compet- itive advantage will accrue to those organizations who can make decisions on edge devices in seconds and in potentially disconnected environments.

…autonomous decision-making across edge devices and environments. Designed for situations where time and efficiency matter, it operates in low-bandwidth, low-power conditions — including on drones, aircraft, ships, robots, buildings, and satellites.

Extremely lightweight and power-efficient to deploy, Palantir Edge AI minimizes the data that needs to be stored and transmitted — enabling low-latency, real-time decision-making at the device level if necessary. It runs on cloud infrastructure, on-premise GPU servers, or Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) optimized hardware.

Critically, users can hot swap models in real time without breaking the flow of sensor data through the system. This also means that if a model crashes, it does not impact downstream users who rely on that sensor output.

The architecture is implemented through utilizing standard, open-protocol interfaces that facilitate communication between Palantir Edge AI and processors. The solution handles a variety of sensor input formats, such as RTSP/RTP, NITF, GeoTIFF, and MPEG-TS. Finally, it supports outputs in open standard formats — such as Parquet, CoT, MISB 0601/0903 KLV, MPEG-TS, and GeoJSON — which enables data and insights to be sent downstream to other subsystems with little to no integration work required.

Palantir Edge AI supports multi-sensor models for customers who need to fuse data across diverse payloads. For example, if a customer uses RF and EO collection, they can field AI models with Palantir, combining both modalities to achieve higher fidelity detections of entities of interest (e.g., military equipment).
These fusion models can be deployed to Palantir Edge AI and run on edge devices, such as spacecraft. Additionally, separate Palantir Edge AI instances can communicate with each other on a mesh network, enabling sensor fusion and teaming across edge equipment.
Today is a presentation, live stream 6.30 pm CET

Diogenese

Top 20
Here’s a link which maybe worthy of further investigation. Behr-Hella Thermocontrol won an award at CES back in January for in cabin vehicle tech. They are now joining with Emotion3d to have a joint demo in a few weeks at inCabin Brussels.

View attachment 37563 View attachment 37564
Polyamory seems to be rife in the industry. They must have a very big bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Here's the reason BHP execs could take such hefty packages

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom