BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dozzaman1977

Regular

Socionext Introduces Ultra-compact, Ultra-low-power 60GHz Radio-wave Ranging Sensors for Automotive Applications​

Share TweetShare

New SC1260 Series Detects Position, Movement of Vehicle Passengers with Maximum Accuracy​

Yokohama, Japan and Milpitas, Calif., May 30, 2023 --- Socionext Inc., a global leader in high-precision sensor technology, today introduced the SC1260 Series radio-wave ranging sensors for automotive applications. This new series utilizes the 60GHz frequency band and time-division multiplexing (TDM-MIMO) processing with multiple transmitting and receiving antennas that can detect the position and movement of passengers in a vehicle with maximum accuracy.
Socionext SC1260AR3 Radar Sensor SC1260AR3
This SC1260 has an all-in-one configuration incorporating antennas and radar signal processing circuits to achieve maximum detection accuracy in an ultra-low-power, ultra-compact package. The high-precision sensors use a wide band of 6.8GHz (57.1 to 63.9GHz) with an expanded number of receiving antennas by TDM-MIMO processing and built-in radar signal processing circuits for range-finding and angle calculation. The devices enable easy acquisition of three-dimensional (3D) position information without requiring advanced expertise in high-frequency devices and signal processing. combines antennas, wireless circuits, AD converters, FIFO memory, SPI interface, and intelligent power control sequencer for flexible duty cycle control. The power required is only 0.72mW at 0.1% duty cycle operation.
These capabilities make the series optimal for applications such as tracking the position and movements of passengers in a vehicle while suppressing the load on the vehicle battery when the engine is off.
The SC1260 Series complies with the global broadband 60GHz radio equipment standard. Sample and evaluation kit shipments are scheduled for June, with production volumes to be available in Q1 2024.
“By leveraging our extensive experience and knowledge accumulated through the development of millimeter-wave wireless communication ICS and 24GHz radio-wave ranging sensors, Socionext has become the first company worldwide to develop ultra-compact, ultra-low power 60GHz radio-wave ranging sensors for automotive applications with built-in radar signal processing circuits for range-finding and angle calculations in automotive applications,” said Teruaki Hasegawa, Head of Socionext's IoT & Radar Sensor Business Unit.
Moreover, TDM-MIMO processing enables high-precision sensing, such as the detection of passengers when three people are sitting in a row inside the vehicle.
Following the debut of its SC1260AR3, Socionext will continue to develop products that meet customer needs and applications.
Socionext is a leader in the advancement of sensing applications through its unique lineup of radio-wave ranging sensor devices and will continue to be a world leader in this field by championing new product development for enhancing user experience.
Absolutely the greatest post of the week. Ive been waiting for news on Socionext. I cant believe more people on here have not liked it.

So as it says above..............

The SC1260 Series complies with the global broadband 60GHz radio equipment standard. Sample and evaluation kit shipments are scheduled for June, with production volumes to be available in Q1 2024.

This is the email Rob Telson sent in December 2022 about our CES involvement with partnerships. Ive highlighted the great part which corresponds with the above

DSC_0446[1002].JPG

Great news. Thanks Tothemoon24, keep a eye out for new information on the Socionext Graphic Display controllers which as stated above should also have Akida technology incorporated in them.

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 79 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

“If you look out five years,” she says, “you will see AI in every single product at AMD, and it will be the largest growth driver.”

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
Manny's agent off loading some, if you listen to the video kindly posted by Hop a long, Ken is very clear in his choice
of words, it wasn't a friendly process to come to an agreement, sometimes some individuals think that they are worth
more than they truly are, egos and arrogance should never be rewarded.

What I like is that the company has clearly changed direction, internal values are well and truly aligned for the
betterment of all, if strong metrics have been achieved by certain staff members, fantastic, they have earnt their
performance benefit.

Tech just airing a few opinions, nothing to overthink.....💎AKD 3.0
I agree Tech, it is as I assumed some months ago.

Reactions: 3 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
So much experience, so little sales!!

We are a global company yet we had $200 k revenue over the past 6 months and likely similar amounts over at least the next 3 or 4.

If they could go work in a cushy job with great salary yet they believe in the potential of Brainchip then put their money where their mouths are. Back themselves by taking a salary now and enjoy the spoils and bonuses once we start making billions (if that's what they truly believe). We forked out our hard earned to back the company. Sell some IP first before they dilute the company further.
Be honest, you forked out your hard earned in the hope of making a fortune. And because you haven’t got it yet, your salty. I’m done with all these posts on pay.
And to call the Executive group narcissistic is beyond the pale.
Schnitzel said only Peter and Anil deserve their awards, why? Haven’t they “just done their job” as have Rob, Sean etc, using his mentality.
If we all listened to Antonio’s address he stated the bonus would only be paid out if the individuals achieved 150% of their targets.
Yes we are a global company - with now solid operations in Australia, USA, Japan, Korea, Israel, India and France at least.
Yes we only made $5m in revenue last financial year, which is an increase on the $2m the previous year.
Foundations needed to be built, because this had not been done previously.
Previously there was a lot of hot air and fluff announcements.
BRN staff have shown they are flexible, customer responsive and incredibly agile in demonstrating that Akida is flexible and agile for the market, with Akida 2.0 and Akida 1.5 on 22nm technology in a different foundry. This is building customer confidence in the product and company. This at the same time as bringing on ca. 16 new partners and 2 IP licences.
Do we want and need more IP licences and a revenue increase, absolutely and that is the next target.
In my humble opinion, given the macro economic environment BRN have enjoyed success in 2022. I’m hoping for the next level for 2023 and will judge the team on their performance at financial year’s end.

I’m done!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
100% correct.

Let’s get rid of Antonio who was President and EVP of Commercial and Global development, Global Director of the ARM Foundry Program, and Executive VP of Worldwide Sales. Mr. Viana and looked after multi billion dollar contracts.

Let’s get rid of Duy Loan Le who worked at Texas Instruments for 35 years and was a senior fellow.

Let’s get rid of Nandan who also worked at ARM for a long time and most recently at a trillion dollar company AMAZON and was in charge of the adoption and roll out of Hey Alexa.

Let’s get rid of Rob Telson who was a Senior Director at Synopsys & also at ARM for 11 years as Global VP of Foundry Sales, also VP of Sales.

Let’s get rid of Sean Hehir who is a Silicon Valley Board Member and also at HP as VP of Strategic Allicances, VP of Microsoft Strategic Alliance, VP of Cisco Strategic Alliance, VP of Accenture Strategic Alliance.

Let’s get rid of Todd Vierra who was Director Field Sales Engineers at ARM for 14 years.

Let’s get rid of Chris Stephens who was at Syntiant as VP of Sales and sold edge devices.

Let’s get rid of everybody at Brainchip who works there, we need a complete reshuffle of our sales, board and management and let’s hire people who have just came out of uni, who have never sold any IP/chips in their life, who haven’t built up any professional relationships throughout the years, have no idea about the importance of an ecosystem , despite the fact that every semiconductor company has an ecosystem.

Let’s try hire people who have experience in AI and neuromorphic…..oh wait, they don’t exist because Brainchip is THE WORLDS FIRST.

Antonio said at the AGM that the pool of people is already so small within the AI space, so it’s hard enough to get people let alone the area where Brainchip occupy.

I am 100% confident paying the staff we have with bonuses.

Does anybody think Nanden or Rob or any others need to work at Brainchip with their experience? They can go and get a job with one of the top companies and have a cushy job, but they’re here at Brainchip because they’ve seen under the hood and are passionate and excited and motivated and see the potential, and want to be a part of something truly disruptive.

See what would happen is, people vote to not pay people what they’re worth, then let’s say Nanden and Chris stephens and Sean leave, and we adopt the notion of paying bonuses until after something material has surfaced to shareholders, then share price goes down even further because we don’t retain the amazing staff we have who are literally the best of the best, then people will complain that they haven’t achieved anything.

I fail to see why people cannot see the bigger picture. Brainchip is a global company competing in a global space, we need to keep up with the big boys.
Great post

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Baisyet

Regular
Reading about recent post here surprises me and find it weird. Some are here trying to build a castle but not from ground up but from the roof top i guess.
As a long term holder I know where we stand today and how far we have come along. As in AGM our Chairmen keep saying we are global company. And when Sean was asked how may NDA or engagement he answered many many many.
Our base is building solidly with global talent its only time when we will be out there every where. Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
And when Sean was asked how may NDA or engagement he answered many many many.
However he was asked to provide a number, or number range at the agm, and he didn't.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

However he was asked to provide a number, or number range at the agm, and he didn't.

Well a few is 3, some is 4, 5, or 6, several is 7, 8, or 9, and many means 10 or more.

So many many many should be

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Baneino

Regular
The Brainchip team is world class !
Nothing else I would say when I look back.
I take my hat off to you already today !
Keep it up !

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Be honest, you forked out your hard earned in the hope of making a fortune. And because you haven’t got it yet, your salty. I’m done with all these posts on pay.
Schnitzel said only Peter and Anil deserve their awards, why? Haven’t they “just done their job” as have Rob, Sean etc, using his mentality.
If we all listened to Antonio’s address he stated the bonus would only be paid out if the individuals achieved 150% of their targets.
Yes we are a global company - with now solid operations in Australia, USA, Japan, Korea, Israel, India and France at least.
Yes we only made $5m in revenue last financial year, which is an increase on the $2m the previous year.
BRN staff have shown they are flexible, customer responsive and incredibly agile in demonstrating that Akida is flexible and agile for the market, with Akida 2.0 and Akida 1.5 on 22nm technology in a different foundry. This is building customer confidence in the product and company. This at the same time as bringing on ca. 16 new partners and 2 IP licences.
Do we want and need more IP licences and a revenue increase, absolutely and that is the next target.
In my humble opinion, given the macro economic environment BRN have enjoyed success in 2022. I’m hoping for the next level for 2023 and will judge the team on their performance at financial year’s end.

I’m done!
All fair points. I will move on from the remuneration talk as it's been done to death now. I recall saying that I'd give them to the end of 2024 to show some traction. By that point in time there should be more tangible proof in the Auto sector, new IP licensees with 12 months of Gen 2, and a further 24 months post Renesas taping out a chip.

If not then, I'd say when?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
If I have to label every single achievement made in the last 12 months ranging from ecosystem, new chips being taped out, recognition from industry and much more, then some shareholders have tunnel vision.

Not 1 single person is happy that there hasn’t been a single license sold since November of 2021. But it’s also pretty clear that customers that they’ve been engaged with are waiting for 2.0 due to the adjustments and tweaks made at the customers request.
Now should we blame Peter and Anil for making a product (akida1000) for only a few products? Or should we take onboard what our engagements and customers are saying so it’s tailored to their applications.

At the AGM Sean said (or Antonio) that they don’t just announce every NDA/partnership because not every partnership may lead to anything commercial. Now does that not mean that the partnerships that they do announce through social media mean that we can take that as an almost gold plated guarantee that those partnerships announced will lead to something commercial/material?? That’s the way I see it.

Call me naive but that’s the way I see it.
You only have to read the wording on all the partnerships announced. They all basically say “they will design & integrate akida into products”

I remember reaching out to Prophesee CEO a few months ago, I asked him what are the differences between a demo partner and a technology partner, his response back to me shocked me. He responded with saying he is “looking forward to turning it into a commercial one” (with Brainchip)
Well said. If they do indeed convert to customer engagements, pay them all more.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

jk6199

Regular
I haven't seen so many tiny "bot" transactions so early for a long time??

Reactions: 3 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I haven't seen so many tiny "bot" transactions so early for a long time??
A tedious but possibly cheaper and more precise method of manipulating the price.
Someone earlier was talking about entitlement.
How about you take it up with these guy's. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

I’m do
Isn't that exactly what management are doing?! Except they are not salty because they are making a fortune!

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Eight days ago Cirrus Logic nominated Duy-Loan Le to their Board of Directors. Cirrus Logic are right down our alley.🥳

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 10.52.26 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 10.53.59 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 10.54.33 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 10.54.42 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 10.54.49 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 77 users
If I have to label every single achievement made in the last 12 months ranging from ecosystem, new chips being taped out, recognition from industry and much more, then some shareholders have tunnel vision.

Not 1 single person is happy that there hasn’t been a single license sold since November of 2021. But it’s also pretty clear that customers that they’ve been engaged with are waiting for 2.0 due to the adjustments and tweaks made at the customers request.
Now should we blame Peter and Anil for making a product (akida1000) for only a few products? Or should we take onboard what our engagements and customers are saying so it’s tailored to their applications.

At the AGM Sean said (or Antonio) that they don’t just announce every NDA/partnership because not every partnership may lead to anything commercial. Now does that not mean that the partnerships that they do announce through social media mean that we can take that as an almost gold plated guarantee that those partnerships announced will lead to something commercial/material?? That’s the way I see it.

Call me naive but that’s the way I see it.
You only have to read the wording on all the partnerships announced. They all basically say “they will design & integrate akida into products”

I remember reaching out to Prophesee CEO a few months ago, I asked him what are the differences between a demo partner and a technology partner, his response back to me shocked me. He responded with saying he is “looking forward to turning it into a commercial one” (with Brainchip)
chappy89,

You would know more than me so correct me I'm wrong.

The thing with Megachips, as I see it, is that they may have signed licenses with other parties, but we will never know until money rolls in. So, who knows. Maybe there are licenses to use our IP but it is not going to be known unless Megachips tell the world. The thing is companies don't usually spruke the companies they use in their products, just put their name on it. For example, if Nintendo were using BRN product through Megachips we may never know, as it may be considered commercial in confidence by Nintendo and that would be that. The money would just appear in Quarterly. I would be very interested to keep an eye on the next Nintendo product release.

SC

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Deena

Regular
They will never become an IP License holder, it was originally thought that a chip, as in, Akida 1000 would/could be embedded in a
handheld device, I personally believe that Hossam Haick is a career research academic, Nanose Medical and the Chinese research (there's
that word again) teams they work alongside will never achieve market commercialization, how many products to date have been realized
by direct involvement with Hossam Haick ?

5 years from now will a product actually enter the marketplace, I just wonder.

Tech just airing his views on the above topic, never right or wrong. :coffee:(y)
Hi Tech

At an informal meeting with Peter VDM after the AGM I inquired about what progress is being made with the device that we were told could detect 17 types of cancer from the VOCs present in the breath. Peter told me that although Brainchip was able to identify the cancer with 93% accuracy, a problem occurred when they tried to mass produce the sensors, with inconsistent results. Peter said the problem then is with the sensors even though the Brainchip side was entirely effective.

So until the researchers sort out a reliable source of consistent sensors this project will remain on the shelf. Lets hope they sort this out soon.
Cheers
Deena

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

University of Oklahoma Joins the BrainChip University AI Accelerator Program

• LAGUNA HILLS, Calif., May 31, 2023--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that University of Oklahoma (OU) has joined the University AI Accelerator Program to ensure students have the tools and resources needed to encourage development of cutting-edge technologies that will continue to usher in an era of essential AI solutions.

OU is a major public research facility and the state’s flagship university. Its mission is to provide the best possible educational experience for students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society. Among the research being conducted as part of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering is Weather Radar, including radar detection and signal processing, adaptive processing, phased arrays, weather detecting waveforms and filtering. The school will incorporate BrainChip’s neuromorphic capabilities into drone activity and research, as well as applying BrainChip’s Akida to weather stations.

BrainChip’s University AI Accelerator Program provides hardware, training, and guidance to students at higher education institutions with existing AI engineering programs. Students participating in the program will have access to real-world, event-based technologies offering unparalleled performance and efficiency to advance their learning through graduation and beyond.

Each program session includes a demonstration and education of a working environment for BrainChip’s Development Platforms (including Akida PCIe Boards, Akida Shuttle PCs, and Akida Raspberry PIs), combined with lecture-based teaching methods and hands-on experiential exploration.

"Over the years, we have provided curricula that focus on strong fundamentals with opportunities for specialization in areas of emerging interest," said Dr. Y. Mike Banad, Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at OU. "We are looking forward to enabling the next generation of computer engineers with an opportunity to learn and apply real-world applications in the world of neuromorphic computing utilizing BrainChip’s Akida technology."

BrainChip’s neural processor Al IP is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network accelerators. BrainChip IP supports incremental learning and high-speed inference in a wide variety of use cases, such as convolutional neural networks with high throughput and unsurpassed performance in microwatt to milliwatt power budgets. Among the markets that BrainChip’s Essential AI technology will impact are the next generation of edge devices of today and tomorrow, and industrial IoT.

"Being able to provide University of Oklahoma students with the tools and resources needed to make an immediate impact in the industry is something that we aspire to accomplish through our AI enablement program," said Rob Telson, BrainChip’s Vice President of Ecosystems and Partnerships.
"These students will enter the job force or continue in academia with real-world neuromorphic skills to make a difference in society. With Oklahoma being the home of the National Weather Service, this skill set will be especially important in applying sustainable and efficient AI to this increasingly important sector."

OU joins current participants Arizona State University, Carnegie Mellon University and Rochester Institute of Technology in the accelerator program. Other institutions of higher education interested in how they can become members of BrainChip’s University AI Accelerator Program can find more details at https://brainchip.com/brainchip-university-ai-accelerator/.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

robsmark

Regular
chappy89,

You would know more than me so correct me I'm wrong.

The thing with Megachips, as I see it, is that they may have signed licenses with other parties, but we will never know until money rolls in. So, who knows. Maybe there are licenses to use our IP but it is not going to be known unless Megachips tell the world. The thing is companies don't usually spruke the companies they use in their products, just put their name on it. For example, if Nintendo were using BRN product through Megachips we may never know, as it may be considered commercial in confidence by Nintendo and that would be that. The money would just appear in Quarterly. I would be very interested to keep an eye on the next Nintendo product release.

SC
I have it on good word that Nintendo aren’t using our IP yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom