BRN Discussion Ongoing

jk6199

Regular
I find it hilarious that our low share price is putting more pressure on the shorters in case we drop out of the index lol?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

I find it hilarious that our low share price is putting more pressure on the shorters in case we drop out of the index lol?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

skutza

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 118

S&P/ASX 200 and 300

For anyone interested in re-balances see below:
S&P/ASX Australian Indices Methodology

Looks like we might be sitting around 328th ($0.450, this could change), which should mean deletion form both indexes.
The only unknown is that there has to be a deletion for an addition, and both companies must surpass the buffer as seen below.
Whilst BRN should be deleted, I don't know what happens if there was no-one who could surpass the buffer to be added.

View attachment 37596

View attachment 37597
It be nice to go back to the ASX 300 as the ASX 200 ain’t done our SP no favors

Reactions: 12 users

Rskiff

Regular
S&P/ASX 200 and 300

Looks like we might be sitting around 328th ($0.450, this could change), which should mean deletion form both indexes.
The only unknown is that there has to be a deletion for an addition, and both companies must surpass the buffer as seen below.
Whilst BRN should be deleted, I don't know what happens if there was no-one who could surpass the buffer to be added.

View attachment 37596

View attachment 37597
So am I seeing this right that BRN is struggling to stay in top300 by being ranked 328 at current prices?

Reactions: 6 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
It be nice to go back to the ASX 300 as the ASX 200 ain’t done our SP no favors
At number 328 I think that puts us out of the ASX300 as well.
And the way the sell side is getting stacked atm I think they's preparing us for a roasting, the bastardo's.
Hoping I'm wrong, although maybe a quick rerate is better than the death by a thousand cuts we've been suffering since late July last year.

• Thinking

Damo4

Regular
S&P/ASX 200 and 300

View attachment 37596

View attachment 37597
So am I seeing this right that BRN is struggling to stay in top300 by being ranked 328 at current prices?

Sorry guys, I may have made a mistake.
I can't see any ETFs (and rightfully so) in the ASX200/ASX300.
I'm guessing you can't really include indexes of derivatives/indexes.

Can anyone with more knowledge than me on this confirm?
And if so, is anyone able to post the latest stock indexes with only eligible companies?

Edit: So If I remove ETF's we are at 270 but I now have 0 confidence in what I've found, soz

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

At number 328 I think that puts us out of the ASX300 as well.
And the way the sell side is getting stacked atm I think they's preparing us for a roasting, the bastardo's.
Hoping I'm wrong, although maybe a quick rerate is better than the death by a thousand cuts we've been suffering since late July last year.
Someone is in the know and has been selling massively the last few days, so very certain we will be out. Just hope like someone mentioned the shorters will need to cover

D

Deleted member 118

And if so, is anyone able to post the latest stock indexes with only eligible companies?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Damo4

Regular

Forgiveness Please The Simpsons GIF - Forgiveness Please The Simpsons Beg -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good

Edit: So If I remove ETF's we are at 301 but I now have 0 confidence in what I've found, soz
I count about 60 odd ETFs/managed funds above us and we are at around 330. Larry's guess is we get booted from ASX 200 but remain in the ASX300

• Thinking

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

Judging by all the feathers laying around I think he'd already eaten a bird. 🤣

• Haha

Damo4

Regular

Mccabe84

Regular
Someone is in the know and has been selling massively the last few days, so very certain we will be out. Just hope like someone mentioned the shorters will need to cover
Or LDA possibly

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Or LDA possibly
Could be either

Manny
LDA
Or institutions they need to sell there holdings if we go back to the ASX 300

My money is on the rebalance or maybe LDA getting the best deal now for BRN before the rebalance

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

mrgds

Regular
Could be either

Manny
LDA
Or institutions they need to sell there holdings if we go back to the ASX 300

My money is on the rebalance or maybe LDA getting the best deal now for BRN before the rebalance
@Rocket577 ............... could you please explain what you mean by, "LDA getting the best deal for BRN before the rebalance " ?
TIA

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 118

@Rocket577 ............... could you please explain what you mean by, "LDA getting the best deal for BRN before the rebalance " ?
TIA
Maybe brn know that they are going to the ASX 300 which could possibly cause a negative effect on the SP. So maybe brn have requested they get what they can for the remaining amount they can draw. Hence the weird share action the last few days

• Thinking

mrgds

Regular
Maybe brn know that they are going to the ASX 300 which could possibly cause a negative effect on the SP. So maybe brn have requested they get what they can for the remaining amount they can draw. Hence the weird share action the last few days
Would have required a ASX notification for the remainder of the Capitol Call, ............................ i would have thought.

• Thinking
Top Bottom